Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 40 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1951 Posted: 02:37:09 26/09/2018
Once again, the young king has assisted Shade, only this time, he was being far more direct. Why was he so insistent on helping him? The crowd always looked for killings, so didn't they want Shade dead for being unable to provide the fun? This particular battle was taking too long, so she understood their boredom. Nevertheless, the monarch continued helping Shade when he hasn't done that with anyone else, and knowing how the people were feeling, so why the comtinuous assistance? It couldn't be because of mercy alone, otherwise he would've shown it with other prisoners. Angora wasn't dumb. The king was making an exception with Shade. Unlike with the rest of the gladiators, he seemed to want Shade to win regardless of what the people felt. But why? What he could possibly gain from that? It was an answer that still eluded Angora, but she was certain there was indeed something strange going on...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8605
#1952 Posted: 02:54:09 26/09/2018
Raclaw watched in frustration as Shade failed to get the hints and one of the only audible noises coming from the crowd-- was that of the desperate Angora who so badly wanted to her help her dragolet companion. "The king won't have much more patience after this.," Raclaw said looking at the others. "Was impressed. Now...," Risar said clearly not feeling as much excitement or respect for the endangered dragolet. Chester looked around the other attendees of the VIP section, some of whom were now looking at the odd fluffy duo rather than the actual fight. "He needs to do something-- anything.," Chester barked his voice carrying through the coliseum as the roars of crowds all but vanished. 'Come on Shade-- just do what the king says and think! Use your brains!,' he desperately thought. He so badly wanted Shade to succeed and to live, but he first needed to pass this one trial in order to do that.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:00:13 26/09/2018 by redwes
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8630
#1953 Posted: 08:53:14 26/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade then nodded and flared his wings spreading the fungus everywhere on the gargoyles.
---
SC
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1954 Posted: 09:21:27 26/09/2018
The small traces of the fungus spread by Shade's action were not sufficient enough to root appropriately, especially as the gargoyles still moved. As the crowd lost their enthusiasm, the king's patience finally ran out.
"ENOUGH. You have proven incapable of applying the correct solution, even when informed on how to proceed. I will withdraw these opponents; your failure will be noted, however." As the king spoke, the gargoyles and jellies began to withdraw. There was much jeering from the crowd; whether this was at Shade or at the decision was unclear.
"Well... that's disappointing," Leoquin said.
"At least he wasn't killed for that..." Ilasi said, knowing just how disgraceful the fight was appearing to the king and the audience.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1955 Posted: 10:36:09 26/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade looked down shamefully. He has never had combat training nor was he a fighter. All he wanted was a peaceful life.
---
SC
#1956 Posted: 12:33:22 26/09/2018
Angora knew in how much trouble Shade was. He failed to please the crowd and the king, and she feared that could mean a death penalty for her. Out of pure desperation and knowing the risks, Angora concentrated her mind on the king, and started to speak telepathically.
"My king, please, this is too much for Shady. You have seen so yourself. He is not a thinker. You're putting him into too much pressure. Taking away his powers and flight really damaged his fighting abilities. Can't you see? Please king Seraos, he never had a beast master. That's all he needs to get better." Angora said to his mind, not knowing if he could hear her. Someone like him probably had some protection against certain magics, but that didn't stop her from trying. Even if the king got angry at her for intercepting his mind, she still wanted to let him know just how much he was asking from Shade. One way or another, she wanted to save him...
---
#1957 Posted: 13:11:56 26/09/2018
The message was received - not by the king, however, but by a mage of his royal guard who intercepted the telepathy. "Our king has not sought you out; you may not speak to him at the moment, the mage responded. "Power without good judgment is what led the dragon to this spot in the first place; if he cannot overcome it, then he is a danger. It is up to the king to decide if such a dangerous creature is worth sparing."

With the creatures finally withdrawn, the crowd began to quiet down - there was no evidence on the field that a second battle took place at all. "The next wave of combatants will arrive soon," said the king. "I have been merciful once. I may not be a second time. Do not disappoint us."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1958 Posted: 13:36:19 26/09/2018
Angora was disappointed that the king didn't listen, but was at least relieved that someone else received it rather than her message being lost.
"Please. You tell the king what I just said. This is too much for Sha... the dragon. Please, I'm begging you." Angora said to the mage, knowing that the message would simply be intercepted by him if she tried to speak with the king again. The quiet among the crowd was terrifyingly eerie. She knew what was happening. She still didn't know why the king was being this insistent with Shade's success, but it was quite the lucky break, one the dragolet was exploiting. She looked at Shade from her position and put her hands together, praying and begging him to do a better job and think of the crowd instead of his random attacks.
---
#1959 Posted: 13:36:19 26/09/2018 | Topic Creator
"I wont your majesty." He gave a respectful bow. "With new knowledge I will think before acting. I'm ready for the next wave."
---
SC
#1960 Posted: 13:51:38 26/09/2018
There was no immediate occurrence; just long silence, as everyone waited in anticipation. Then, the ground began to rumble, softly at first, but then more violently; this time, however, instead of a behemoth emerging, a giant worm broke straight out of the ground, keeping a part of its body under the earth to anchor itself, making a sound between a growl and a roar. At the same time, portcullises in three spots were opened up; one released a big fire elemental, another a water elemental, and Tue third an earth elemental with vegetation growing on it. "Figure this out," the king said. "Your challenge ends here otherwise." The worm creature spat out a ball of poisonous gas at Shade.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:47 26/09/2018 by A Guy
#1961 Posted: 14:31:16 26/09/2018
Angora's shock almost made her faint. She really believed a behemoth would emerge, but almost fainted when she saw it was a giant worm of all creatures.
"You have GOT to be kidding me!" she exclaimed with hands on her head, the king being particularly cruel with the challenges. Angora already had a bad experience with a giant worm not too long ago, so this was an unwelcoming sight. However, she didn't have time to reminisce on the past, so figuring out a possible solution, she immediately assisted Shade, fearing he wouldn't be able to think clearly.
"Alright Shady, what do you got? Elementals, each weak to another one. And a worm that exhales gas. What happens to gas when you expose it to a certain element?" Angora telepathed to him, wanting to give him clues instead of outright tell him. She wanted him to think for himself instead of being told exactly what to do like a toddler. Shade had to learn to make strategies for himself. Angora gave him clues, but that wasn't always going to be a luxury. The king already forgave his mistake in the last battle, but knew that he and the crowd were losing patience with him. He had to be smart, and hopefully, creative as well...
---
#1962 Posted: 17:09:04 26/09/2018
"Well-- here we go again. Come on Shade-- think!," Raclaw thought out loud as the new opponents appeared and a poisonous ball of gas was sent flying towards the less-than-ideal thinker. 'An earth elemental weak to fire, an fire elemental weak to water, an water elemental, and a worm full of gas.,' Raclaw thought studying the situation and coming up with at least a partial solution himself. It didn't matter, however, if he was able to come up with a solution. It was Shade himself that was being tested-- and SHADE who would have to come up with the proper solution on his own. Risar and Chester watched in anticipation, eager both for the dark dragolet to succeed and for SOMETHING to happen. The attendees of the VIP section also resumed their watching of the actual event, eager for something to excite them and make them not regret sparing the so-called 'Scourge of Redwater.'
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:13:48 26/09/2018 by redwes
#1963 Posted: 19:59:48 26/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade thought for a moment then realized he was fireproof. He went at the fire elemental and pushed it into the water elemental causing it to go out temporarily. He was also part dark dragon so his body naturally was eminune to poison. He then threw the fire elemental at the worms mouth causing the gas to explode. “Now for the water and earth elementals. He flared out his wings in a fighting stance. “Let them make the first move Shade.” He said to himself.
---
SC
#1964 Posted: 20:38:15 26/09/2018
Shade didn't perform in the way Angora was hoping, but she still prayed it was enough for the crowd. He should've finished up the fire elemental last, but he seemed to be going another way. Then she watched with extreme concern how Shade was simply touching most of those elementals without seemingly feeling anything.
"Come on Shade! Stop acting so rashly! You're going to get hurt!" Angora yelled, believing that Shade wasn't feeling anything due to extreme adrenaline and him trying too hard to impress the audience. He had too much of a careless attitude, and Angora feared it could get him in trouble...
---
#1965 Posted: 21:20:47 26/09/2018
Raclaw watched and although Shade didn't do what he would've done-- it was progress. As the fire elemental and worm were taken out with a bang, that only left the earth and water elemental. "Come on Shade-- you can figure this out.," Raclaw thought out loud and as Risar/Chester watched in anticipation. As the worm exploded, the crowd roared as if in anticipation of such a move. Soon-- there was only the Earth and Water elemental left, which Shade had figured out much to the king's satisfaction and to the crowd's amazement. "So he can think. I'll admit-- I've seen sharper tools, but I've also seen duller ones.," Damon could be heard commenting over the links.

The king gave an approving nod and promptly sent the next several waves with little to no notice. "Not bad.. not bad. Talsius didn't just make it through two rounds, however. No-- he fought many rounds and so will you.," he then said before motioning for the next wave of enemies to sent via the several portcullises. As they lifted, more conventional enemies soon charged at Shade-- more quantity than quality. First was a round composed of mostly assorted creatures, followed by a round of prisoners, and so on. Each wave of enemies was sent with no notice with the crowd only getting louder and louder again; eager for the excitement and much needed change in pace. And just before what seemed like the last round, the king paused and directly addressed the now worse-for-wear Shade.

"You have done well to make it this far. But enough of these games. Talsius died at his last stand, and now you will too.," the king spoke sounded somewhat disappointed in the dark Dragolet-- despite the performance. Even though it looked as if Shade couldn't handle much more, the ground began to shake and a familiar opening began to open up in the ground. The crowd looked in shock as something massive, and very familiar, came up out of the ground. "Is.. is that a behemoth?," Raclaw asked out loud looking at the others. Indeed-- as the tunnel formed and soon closed up again, the massive and familiar creature came up and looked down at what it suspected would soon be its lunch. "It is you little Dragolet-- does it pretend to have a chance?," it telecommunication directly into Shade's mind having previously carried Shade to or from the prison.

Shade fought and fought-- to the best of his ability. However, the Dragolet's wounds had started catching up to him and it was only a matter of time. The large beast lifted its front legs and the crowd awed in shock as-- as it looked if Shade would soon be trampled. "So much for giving Shade a fighting chance.," Raclaw thought out loud looking at Latnok and Sere. Both the crowd and king watched in morbid anticipation as they felt they about to witness the end of the 'Scourge of Redwater.' Chester briefly looked away, while Risar watched with the others. Shade's fate seemed almost certain by this point and the dark Dragolet seemed as good as dead.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:00 26/09/2018 by redwes
#1966 Posted: 21:33:10 26/09/2018
Finally, Shade was beginning to fight better, but he still acted quite rashly from time to time. Angora watched with some frustration just how many battles Shade had to face. Far too many. Even though Shade looked like he was standing strong, it was becoming quite evident he was getting very exhausted, and the king and the crowd very impatient.

Then came the moment of truth, the dreaded beast Angora barely survived. A
Upon closer inspection, it looked like the same one Angora has faced. It was apparently still hungry. Unlike with her, Shade was very tired, and he was the only target, so it was going to be much harder for him.
"Come on Shade! This is the last one! Just survive long enough..." she had whispered, trying to have faith in him, but much to her horror, the behemoth quickly gained the upper hand. She watched in terrifying shock how the monster brought it's fists down, really to deliver the killing blow, and then;
"STOP BEHEMOTH!" Angora screamed in the behemoth's mind, wanting to stop him in his tracks, and make him recognize her...
---
#1967 Posted: 22:03:21 26/09/2018
Latnok, Sere, Leoquin, and Ilasi all looked on as the onslaught progressed. Shade was getting absolutely no chance to rest this time - just how long would it last? Just when it seemed the fight was going to end... a behemoth popped out of the ground.
Shade was incapable of fighting it, especially in his current state. It wasn't a close fight. Latnok, Sere, Leoquin, and Ilasi all looked on as the behemoth raised its foreleg to slam into Shade - Sere somewhat confused, Latnok and Leoquin intrigued, and Ilasi somewhat disappointed. Just then... it slowed down, pinning Shade to the ground instead.

"What does the creature want?" the behemoth telepathed irately. The king, however, seemingly had absolutely no concern about his behemoth not killing Shade. In fact, he seemed to take advantage of it, like he knew exactly what was going to happen.
"So... here, we have the Scourge of Redwater. Did you really think it would be that easy? Did you really think all you had to do was win a few battles? Did you REALLY think we would just let you go free?! After all of the destruction you've caused?! After all of the lives you've taken?!" The crowd burst out in uproarious applause as the king spoke those last words. "No, it will not be that easy - now let us hear you beg the people for your life. BEG. NOW."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1968 Posted: 22:15:00 26/09/2018
Raclaw watched in shock as the king out an end to the behemoth's actions-- and instead forced Shade to beg for his life just as he had done with Angora prior. Chester turned his head upon hearing the king's words and had expected to see the trampled corpse of Shade. "He's.. he alive?," Chester barked looking down at Raclaw. "For now, but that is yet to be determined.," Raclaw said in dogspeak as he looked onto the all but defeated Shade. All it would take is one move on the behemoth's part and that would be the end of Shade. "Come on Shade-- don't disappoint us now. Beg even if it hurts you, for your life depends on it.," Raclaw thought out loud as he watched and awaited the Dragolet's reaction. "Mercy. Shade fortunate-- let's hope he can beg.," Risar said as he watched in anticipation. It would be tough crowd to please after all the death and destruction Shade had caused.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:11 26/09/2018 by redwes
#1969 Posted: 22:23:59 26/09/2018
Out of of pure desperation, Angora got up her seat and headed into the arena. It was barely on purpose. It was as if her own body was moving on it's own. She couldn't stand it anymore. She knew the crowd wasn't pleased with him, and neither was the king. Even if Shade begged, she doubted it would help him, plus he seemed too fatigued to speak right now. Angora stood besides the behemoth and spoke directly to the king.
"STOP! Please your highness, I'm begging you! Shade doesn't deserve to die. He just need a beast master and some therapy to control himself. Please! He really is a good dragon! I know what he did, and I'm sorry I couldn't stop him, but please, he doesn't deserve this. He needs help. I'm also sorry that he disappointed you in this battle, but as you saw, he just not too much of a thinker..." Angora said calmly, at that moment having made a decision that she knew was going to hurt Shade.

With a serene look on her face, she looked at the behemoth, and then said something she knew was going to leave the crowd in silence.
"I know... the crowd is looking for a sacrifice right now. Why is why right here, right now... I offer myself to the behemoth in his place. I know he was very disappointed when he couldn't have me, so I'll let him have his wish this time your magesty. I'm willing to sacrifice my new freedom... and my life... if it means you will spare this dragon." Angora said full of determination, knowing that this risky decision was one she couldn't back down from now. She wanted to demonstrate to everyone present just how much she valued her family, so on the verge of tears, she faced the behemoth and sat down, ready to be taken by him if that's what the king decided. Deep inside, she was hoping for the monarch and the crowd to be moved enough by her plea, but even so, she was still prepared for the worst...
---
#1970 Posted: 22:42:25 26/09/2018
As Angora made her stand, the crowd went from cheering to talking amongst themselves, confused as to what exactly what was happening.
Among them were the people within the VIP section of the arena, clearly questioning what would happen from there, about the troll, and about whether or not Shade deserved to live.
Out of Sere, Latnok, Leoquin, and Ilasi, absolutely none of them could believe what they were seeing. Latnok himself had to give Angora a piece of his mind.
"Okay, idiot, what the hell do you think you're doing?!" he telepathed to her as strongly as he could. "Get the hell out of there before you get eaten for free!"

After the crowd had their moment to discuss the happenings, the king spoke again.
"So... you are hoping to once again sacrifice yourself for the sake of the dragon?" he asked Angora rhetorically. "A touching move, no doubt. Very touching. But what do you take us for? Do you believe us to be some barbaric society? Do you think we will be fine with just any blood? No - this is Aelinon. Our law holds firm. Our punishment seeks the guilty - we do not seek out the innocent, even if our system does fail every now and then. And when it does, we find out why, and punish the people responsible if need be.
"No - you will not suffice. You have not committed any crime as serious as this monster before us has done - and I have pardoned you. As I am understanding of your connection, I will permit you to leave - I will not punish you for your temporary lapse of judgment. But any sacrifice you may attempt to make for this dragon will be completely in vain - we will have him, regardless of what you do."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1971 Posted: 22:55:28 26/09/2018
Raclaw couldn't believe it when Angora stepped back into the area-- and offered herself as a sacrifice. It was a stupid move, but a brave one nonetheless. It was obvious, however, that they wanted blood and not from Angora. Fortunately for her, the king gave her a chance and permitted her fallacy in logic even if just that once. "Angora-- get out of there!," he desperately telecommunicated to Angora hoping that she would listen. Risar watched in shock, while Chester barked a similar message. It would be up to Shade to get himself out of that situation and no-one else.
---
#1972 Posted: 23:02:58 26/09/2018
As the king spoke, Angora thought very hard about what she was about to say next. She looked at Shade and knew he was still too tired to speak, so she had to do it for him, at least for now. She remanenced about what happened in the court, and everything that happened with Shade. She knew that his power surges have never been this strong until that day, and when the king finished his speech, Angora got up and replied, having thought long and hard about her next words.

"My king, I know your laws. I know your punishments. And I perfectly understand why you want to eliminate the guilty, but you have to know, Shade is NOT guilty. Or have you forgotten what happened at the trial? Shade told you that he felt like someone controlled him, and I believe him. This never happened before until that day. Don't you find that strange? We were kidnapped and separated from our human Maverick. Shade and I were put in different prisons, and I just know something was done to him. He testified to that in court. After that odyssey, that's when his powers started to get worse. I just know that is no coincidence. I do believe someone used him to cause destruction in Redwater. Someone used him... as a weapon. So p,ease your highness, reconsider. Can't you see that there is a real guilty party out there? Even if you kill Shade today, I'm certain that whoever made him attack will simply select another creature to cause destruction. How many innocent being will have to die until you find the real culprit?" Angora said, using complete deduction. At the trial, before she declared herself guilty, she remembered that particular detail that Shade mentioned about being controlled, something that lingered on her mind for a long while, and something she knew was never investigated. It was right there, right now, that she let out that part of the testimony that she was certain nobody else has heard. That was clearly a flaw in the system. If there was the possibility of someone like that existing, it was obvious that it was an enemy to Aelinon and found the perfect weapon in Shade, prompting him to take the fall...
---
#1973 Posted: 23:34:11 26/09/2018
The crowd once again began murmuring as Angora made her point. The others listened in, with most of them wishing that Angora would not test the king's patience in such a manner.

"I will tell you this," the king said. "Regardless of whether this monster was being used or not, he knew his powers were unstable long before coming to Redwater - we know as much from his experience in the prison. And yet he still chose to come to a heavily populated area. He didn't give a damn about a single person that his actions could hurt. All he could think of was one troll. And in exchange for his carelessness, many people have paid the ultimate price. Tell me - why does a monster like this, who thinks of no one else but one person and is willing to throw away the lives of many innocent people for the sake of them, deserve to go free today? Who is to say he won't return and do something similar with his carelessness? He has already disobeyed our orders to stay grounded, and has continued to oppose authority - even breaking his restraints in an attempt to intimidate our soldiers. He has killed many, and his very existence is a threat to us based on his previous actions.
"He made his choices. He knew the risks associated with his powers. He made those choices anyway. Regardless of whether or not some bogeyman mage made his powers more unstable, they had already shown to be unstable and difficult to control, from back at the prison. On top of that, he has proven his complete disdain for authority. He will pay the price for his actions."
The audience cheered as the king finished his assessment. Though they were merciful to Angora, they clearly did not find Shade deserving of such mercy.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1974 Posted: 23:36:19 26/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“A-Angora please just go. I’ll be alright.” Shade said weakly. “I cannot live another day knowing you were gone.” He smiled. He looked at the king. “I beg of you to to spare me and my family from harm. I deserve no sympathy from anyone. I wish to make amends to my mistakes.”
---
SC
#1975 Posted: 23:46:15 26/09/2018
"Hush Shade! Please! This is not your fault! Our family won't be completed without you!" Angora said to the dragolet, stubbornly determined to save him.

Sthen turned to address to the king.
"And about what you said your magesty, that's precisely why... Shade needs help. That's all he needs. Look at him! I think he has been punished enough! Isn't that what the people wanted? I already told you your highness. The only reason why he disobeyed the law and flew to Redwater was because we were badly injured. This city was the closest one we had, and he took the risk of disobeying the court order because he trusted your people to help us. I can help him control his temper, but he needs help controlling his power... help that I was seeking in Redwater before the disaster happened." Angora explained, insistently determined to have Shade's freedom. She truly loved Shade for going through all of this. As she spoke, she didn't dare to look at the behemoth behind her, knowing that if the king was forgiving her again, it meant twice the disappointment.
---
#1976 Posted: 23:57:52 26/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade knew he couldn’t stop her. Angora was too stubborn for that. That gave shade hopes once again. He grunted moving under the behemoth and getting his footing. “Angora I fight for you! I fight for my family’s freedom and to be together once again!” Though he was wounded he was using all the strength he could muster. He used it to lift the behemoth foot off his back and onto the ground next to him. He then collapsed after doing that. “That wasn’t just for you Angora but for Maverick and to all who have fallen to my doings. I beg of you to let me go!” He said weakly trying to get back up but fell once more.
---
SC
#1977 Posted: 00:01:03 27/09/2018
Unlike previously, the king gave his answer immediately.
"Help... is what he will get," he said. Now directing his speech at Shade, he declared "You are right in that you deserve no sympathy. But I will oblige you. I will spare you and your family, and you will make amends. You will live - but you will not live free. You will become nothing more than a tool of the very people your careless actions have killed. You will kneel before the very authority you have repeatedly defied. If you will not listen to my soldiers, or my judges, then I know some others you will listen to. That you have to listen to. Now stand up and bow to Aelinon. Thank the people for our mercy." The crowd, once again, cheered as the king made his judgment.

"So it would seem that the king knew what he was doing all along," Sere said. "Rile up the crowd in just the right way, then you can have them go along with what you wish. For a young king, he certainly knows how to work the people."
"So, what exactly did he mean by those that Shade will listen to?" Latnok asked.
"I think you already know."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:02:05 27/09/2018 by A Guy
#1978 Posted: 00:11:53 27/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade bowed his head weakly before he fainted from his wounds.
---
SC
#1979 Posted: 00:22:19 27/09/2018
Shade looked at Latnok-- and knew exactly what Sere meant. With Latnok's collar and his own telepathy; a depowered Shade would be at the mercy of the Guardians and the king knew this well. He watched as Shade kneeled and fainted from exhaustion. 'Well Shade-- you may not be free, but at least you'll be alive.,' he thought as he prepared himself for the times ahead. Chester and Risar were equally relieved, although nether knew the full extent of the coming situation. Once again, he and Latnok would more than likely be roped into controlling Shade-- and his abilities should he ever have to use them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:28 27/09/2018 by redwes
#1980 Posted: 00:22:45 27/09/2018
Angora knew the intense prowess it took for Shade to lift that paw. Was it adrenaline? Or was the behemoth so distracted by the king's speech that it wasn't forcing the paw as much as he had to? Whatever the case, she knew it would hurt, which was confirmed when the exhausted dragolet fainted. She went to his side.

Then, she heard what the king said. She hated the idea of Shade not having his freedom anymore... but knew that she had no saying in the matter. Whether it was his fault or not, Shade took away lives, and he somehow had to atone for that mistake. She knew that she was at a fault as well. Even though she was glad to have her own life and freedom, she just couldn't bear the thought of having Shade restricted and used as a tool while she had her liberty.
"King Seraos... I know Shade must atone for his crimes... but will you at least allow me and Maverick to go with him? Please? I don't want to leave him alone, and I'm sure he won't too." Angora asked, knowing that trying to win Shade's absolute freedom would be a waste of time, but at least his life was spared, and she trusted that him atoning for his crime wasn't going to be forever. Perhaps this task would help Shade gain the control he needed and make the people handling him see what a gentle soul he really was.
---
#1981 Posted: 00:31:50 27/09/2018
As Shade fainted, many men came into the arena, preparing chains to tie to Shade so he could be dragged out by the behemoth. Many people continued to look on at the spectacle eagerly, though some already began to filter out for more holiday festivities.
With the matter of Shade resolved, the king turned his attention towards Angora. "Whether or not you may accompany him will be decided by his caretakers. You should find them in your dragon's enclosure, soon enough."
That was Latnok and Sere's cue to get moving. Sere considered the rest of the crew for a moment - what would they do?
"For now, only the two of us will be needed," Sere said, referring to Latnok. "The rest of you may leave to celebrate Talsius Day. Meet us at the inn when you are done." They began rushing out, making their way through the crowd - if others wanted to follow, then Sere did not intend to stop them, though he wouldn't hold it against them if they decided to explore the city more.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1982 Posted: 00:52:04 27/09/2018
Angora nodded, giving only a small bow to the king. She was disappointed but relieved at the same time. As Shade was carried off, Angora felt tempted to climb the behemoth to have an easy way out, but she believed she was in enough hot water with the beast already, so she decided it was better to walk after him. She knew she made quite a scene in that arena, and she didn't know if it was a good thing or not, but she had no doubts that all of Redwater knew who she was now. As she walked with the behemoth, she suddenly wondered what would Cazhak think if he ever found out that it only took her only a week to earn her freedom while it took him years. But above all, she wondered what the people of Redwater thought of her for attempting to make such a mad sacrifice. A past Angora would've left with her riches and enjoyed her new life. Instead, she was willing to sacrifice even her very life in order to save someone else. She believed it was because, apart of loving Shade, Maverick's annoying kindness has rubbed off on her...
---
#1983 Posted: 00:58:54 27/09/2018
"Wait-- I'm coming with you.," Raclaw said wanting to see Shade/Angora again and not wanting to leave Latnok. If they were going to face Shade again, they would do it together. Chester barked and followed the Guardian Duo alongside his furry companion. Risar looked at the fainted Dragolet in slight pity, but had no interest in seeing the dragon chained up. "Risar will meet at inn-- watch over party.," the Minotaur said with a nod opting to stick with the others and having no doubt in the Guardians' ability to protect themselves.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:15 27/09/2018 by redwes
#1984 Posted: 01:05:54 27/09/2018
While the behemoth dragged Shade over the ground, Latnok and Sere, with Raclaw and Chester in tow, made their way through a tunnel network just outside of the arena. Already knowing the rendezvous point, they just needed a few directions from soldiers on their way there. They reached the designated spot; having no light, Sere began to focus Grimbane's power and make some. Being kept here would certainly be a depressing environment...
Though they had arrived first, Shade was not far along; they could hear the sound of the behemoth, and the sound of Shade being dragged along. They would get here before long.
"You know, there are things I'd rather be doing than dealing with Shade again..." Latnok said. "At least we won't have the corruption like last time."
"And he will still have the hexphage on him," Sere said.
"Wait - they're not curing it?"
"No, that's staying on him. Aelinon is withholding any sort of cure until they believe Shade can be controlled. With the collar, the hexphage, and Raclaw's capabilities, I think we should be able to manage Shade for now. What we have to do is find more... effective control methods."
"So are we staying back here, then?" Latnok asked - the important question. Their boat wasn't designed for Shade.
"After some serious talks with the right people... no," Sere said. "We are getting another ship in addition to the one we already have, courtesy of Aelinon. They understand what our plans were - and we have the liberty of taking Shade with us, provided he is returned to Aelinon when this is all done."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1985 Posted: 01:23:26 27/09/2018
Running after the behemoth for a while, Angora climbed the fainted Shade, patting him and whispering gentle thoughts to him. After they reached their destination, it was then that she saw them closer; Latnok, Sere and Raclaw, and they even had a dog with them, which she assumed it was a hunting dog they recently aquired. Angora stared at them, but it wasn't a look of disdain. It was... something else. Not even she was sure how she felt. She wasn't the least bit surprised to know they were going to be involved with Shade. She didn't know if they were the beast masters, although she strongly suspected it. Nevertheless, after staring at the two men and the furry pair for a while, she lowered her head again and ignored them, looking very low spirited. If Angora had been looking to start an argument, it was clear that she was too tired even for that. Deep inside, she was sad and disappointed that she once again had to encounter some of the group she travelled with before, in particular the human whom she believed still despised her so much, but right now, she did nothing to aknowledge their presence. She was so fatigued. So depressed. How she longed for the life she, Shade and Maverick once had, but she now had to endure this miserable existence because some evil being out there had decided to use Shade as a weapon...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:04 27/09/2018 by Felines
#1986 Posted: 01:25:31 27/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade winced in pain as he was dragged along. “A-Angora.” He said weakly.
---
SC
#1987 Posted: 01:30:57 27/09/2018
"I'm here Shady. Don't worry. You're alright now. They've spared your life Shady, and someday, you will have your freedom too. I promise. Maverick is in Redwater somewhere. I'll find him, and we'll be a family again. We won't have the exact same life we had before but we will still be together. Amd you'll get the help you need." Angora assured, as she continued to pat Shade and ignore the rest of the group. She once despised this dragolet, so she was very surprised herself on how much she has come to care for him.
---
#1988 Posted: 01:35:47 27/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I-I’m Sorry.” He said weakly.
---
SC
#1989 Posted: 01:36:42 27/09/2018
With Shade now brought in, obviously very injured, and the behemoth leaving after the soldiers unrestrained Shade, Sere reached into his bag, gathering the ingredients needed for the wound mending paste - the same kind he used on Veris before. This time, he stocked up, expecting a long journey. As he did so, he noted Angora's presence.
"You may stay here as we mend him," Sere said. "We will be leaving for Falcon's Beak as soon as he is sufficiently healed, however. I would appreciate if you did not choose this time to squabble with us."
Angora's presence meant little to Latnok at this point - she wasn't doing anything blatantly dumb, she wasn't attempting to turn any group members against him, and he didn't have to carry her around, so there was no reason to even bother with her. Instead, he began speaking to Shade. "Okay, Shade. We'll be traveling together again, just like old times. Hope you like the sea, you're going to be having your fill soon enough."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1990 Posted: 01:46:43 27/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade weakly nodded. He then rested his head. He occasionally winced in pain as his wounds and injuries were taken care of.
---
SC
#1991 Posted: 01:51:22 27/09/2018
Angora patted Shade as she proceeded to answer Sere
"A squabble is the last thing on my mind." Angora said, although in an almost mocking tone.
"And did you say sea? Heh, well, won't Maverick like that?" Angora said sarcastic tone, knowing how much hatred he had for the ocean after the previous life he had. However, she was certain he would be willing to make the sacrifice if it meant going with his family and helping Shade with his problem.

By this time, Maverick was awake. He left the bar on his own, with the rest practically ignoring him at this point. When he arrived at the inn, two women had to help him to his room. Noticing the strong smell of alcohol, they left him in his room and locked the doors, not wanting him to cause any trouble in the lobby or anywhere else in their establishment. Still drunk, Maverick watched Sapphire, and picked her up as if she was a puppy.
"Ah, the dear Safira. How are you mi zorrita? At least I still have you and the naughty Dex. Heh, they win lassie. Aelinon wins. My family is dead by now, and I would be all alone if it wasn't for you guys." the incoherent fawn man said as he gave Sapphire a gentle hug, looking like a madman who has lost it all, or at least almost all. He was completely dizzy and sweaty, and Sapphire being there with him was the only think keeping most of his sanity in check...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:52:29 27/09/2018 by Felines
#1992 Posted: 01:59:15 27/09/2018
"Unfortunately... I do not intend on taking either of you with us," Sere said. "I fear that the ideological differences we have shown are too great, and a ship is one of the last places I want to have a crew which does not mesh well together. I assure you that Shade is in good hands."
Latnok felt a bit of relief. As much as he had hoped Angora had changed, she seemed to retain her disdain for them, and her attitude. He wouldn't want to deal with her again. He didn't even feel like acknowledging her presence right now, lest she take some kind of offense to it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1993 Posted: 02:05:05 27/09/2018
As Sere spoke and made the final decision, Raclaw found that had no words. He and Angora had met to face once again-- and now they were taking Shade away from her again. For better or worse, he was part of that and he was part of the means in which they intended to control Shade once again. Instead of immediately saying something or trying to comfort Angora, he merely looked onto the now probably heartbroken Troll with a look of sadness and slight regret. "Angora-- I'm sorry. It's not my decision to make.," he finally said wanting to say something and not wanting his former companion to blame him.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:10:07 27/09/2018 by redwes
#1994 Posted: 02:11:55 27/09/2018
Angora wanted to avoid an argument, but after what she heard, she was resisting the urge of one.
"Listen, you want to help Shade. Don't you think it's better if he has his family supporting him? I know we've had out differences in the past, but that doesn't mean you need to separate our family. I know now what you did. I know you tried to help me in the trial. And Latnok helped me during the arena battle. Not in the nicest way, but he still assisted me, and for that I'm grateful. Trust me, I don't want to argue anymore. I'm sick and tired of all the fighting." Angora assured, believing that the reason they didn't want her on board was to avoid the risks of her causing a mutiny, but after all that has happened, that was the last thing on her mind...
---
#1995 Posted: 02:14:22 27/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“N-no!” Shade said trying to get up but he was too injured to. “They won’t!”
---
SC
#1996 Posted: 02:28:16 27/09/2018
"You, ironically, may have become somewhat more flexible... however, Maverick is my biggest concern," Sere said. "He is a man who simply stands against everything we stand for, on even the smallest level. He is completely incompatible with our lifestyle.
"We have Shade restrained. Our journey will no doubt be dangerous; once we're on the island, there is no telling what will happen. If Raclaw's parents and my Adjudicator are on that Island, I fully intend to break every skull between us and them to get them back, if that's what it takes. Maverick is a man who will oppose everything which does not fit his ideal world. He has already accused me of being traitorous, because I wasn't out there looking to destroy the shred of credibility I had left with a nation we have many holdings in to defend Shade after the disaster that happened; a man who will withdraw his trust as soon as any kind of compromise has to be made is not a man I want on my crew," Sere continued, his voice showing a slight but increasing trace of indignation. "A man who cannot handle the idea of hard choices is not a man I want on any mission where anything unpleasant might happen. I will have absolutely nothing of that sort contaminating my crew."
Latnok did not know what to immediately say; Sere didn't typically show this sort of anger when he spoke about others. All of the events involving Shade have no doubt weighed heavily on him; while Latnok was out at bars, Sere had to deal with the diplomatic fallout from a creature connected to those he had given his seal of approval to. Behind all the glory, that was the sort of life the higher ranks had to live with...
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:22 27/09/2018 by A Guy
#1997 Posted: 02:42:37 27/09/2018
Angora wasn't sure if she believed Sere. Maverick acting antagonistic to anybody was too bizzare and unbelievable. Then, she remembered their meeting.
"Maverick... I didn't know he acted that way to you. That is... unlike him. Although I do understand that his ideals and yours are not the same, he can still be a reasonable man if he needs to be. Earlier today, he visited me in the gladiator chambers, and he was in a horrible state. I apologize on his behalf if he acted rude to you, but if I know him, I guess he did it because he was overwhelmed with grief. He... he really thought we were going to die today you know. Please, let me talk to him. If he sees me and Shade alive, I'm very sure we can come to an understanding. Plus, remember that he used to be a... sailor. He can help you in the journey ahead." Angora assured as she avoided the word pirate, never imagining Maverick arguing with anybody, but after seeing how he acted in the chamber, it has become clear to her that he was becoming mentally unstable with his sadness, which most likely lead to the anger Sere claimed. Not that she blamed him after he really thought he was going to lose his entire family. But Angora was certain he could reason with him...
---
#1998 Posted: 02:55:20 27/09/2018
Latnok could not believe what he was hearing. Was Angora having a mental breakdown again after everything that had happened? She didn't seem like it - was this actual, genuine change? "I knew they could do it, but I never thought that Aelinon would be THAT good at reforming prisoners," Latnok telepathed to Raclaw.
Sere, though he was receptive, was not mollified just yet. As he looked Angora in the eye, he said, in a softer tone, "You know the kind of man I need for the job. I will take nothing less than a man who is both trustworthy and willing to give trust to the person leading the mission. Who can make hard choices. Who is capable of doing the right thing even when it's not the 'right' thing. Bring me that man, and I will consider him. I will take nothing less."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1999 Posted: 03:02:13 27/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade weakly looked at Sere. “T-thank you. I would be lost without my family. They both help me control my powers the best they can. They will not fail you.” He cringed in pain a little more accidentally moving one of his broken wings. “Heh heh looks like i won’t be flying for awhile.” He whimpered in pain.
---
SC
#2000 Posted: 03:04:27 27/09/2018
"She has seen the world for it is and has seen what one must do at times.," Raclaw telepathically replied to Latnok noting his observations. He was honestly surprised at just how humble and gentle Angora had become-- rather from Maverick or her time in the Arena, he couldn't be certain. Part of him hoped that Angora was able to convince Maverick and they could be a party together once again. He looked at Shade and felt sorry for everything the dragolet had to go through. "For what it's worth, I'm glad you survived and were able to be spared. All of you.," he then said first looking at Shade and then Angora. Even with the hexphage, he could still feel the pain that Shade felt-- every bruise and every broken bone. He had seen all of it and had seen just how close he had been to death.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:12:22 27/09/2018 by redwes
First | Previous | Page 40 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me