Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Echoes of the Aftermath
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1 Posted: 23:36:12 09/07/2018 | Topic Creator
One time, there were many kingdoms and territories, with various leaders, in various states of success. The world was not at peace - far from it. War was a constant. Some nations had been at war for so long that several generations have passed, with none of the children of those who were around for the start of the war still living. To those still fighting, it was nothing more than a footnote in some textbook, yet they dedicated their lives to it.
The biggest benefactors? Dragons. In many places, they were revered, granting protection to those who gained their favor. Some of the bigger, more legendary dragons even ruled their own nation, with whatever race was hosting them. Despite - in fact, because - of all of the fighting, they were thriving off of the backs of others. That would not last, however.
In a cataclysmic event, the entire earth shook. The ground in many places collapsed, bringing entire civilizations with it. Unexplained fires turned into conflagrations, destroying much of what was painstakingly built. Deep underground, there was a voice - only saying "Excellent. Let's see how they handle this..."
The other races? They would recover. The fighting never stopped, however - instead of fighting for greed, however, people were now fighting for survival, to claim as much as they could. In the years ahead, there was some reconstruction, though never as great as it was before. Rather than kingdoms, much of the world was split into many smaller factions.
Dragons were the worst affected. With much of their food sources gone, many began to starve. Once seen as valuable, they were now seen as a drain, and as something to be feared. Many of the ones who were left were hunted, for survival, for their hide, or to protect livestock. Not all were hunted - some were allowed to live with the other races, but instead of being revered, they would be treated more as tools, or, at the very best, another soldier.
There are some spots which can sustain dragons on their own, but they are few and far between, much like dragons themselves. But was there a place where dragons could thrive again? It would be up to them to find it - or make it.

Rules
I am the GM. I'm pretty lenient, though.
This isn't just my story. I'm laying the foundation, but feel free to add anything of your own to the story, as long as it doesn't directly contradict anything already clearly established in the story. Introduction is vague for a reason
You may control as many characters as you can reasonably handle.
The main focus of this story will be on dragons. You can control non-dragon characters, as long as they are somehow related to the dragons in the story.
No godmoding - both the obvious "don't be super OP" and the less obvious "don't directly control what happens to other people's characters." For example, instead of "Bob hit Alice with a punch," say "Bob threw a punch at Alice." From there, it's up to the controller of Alice to determine whether they get hit or not.
In general, dragons are best off either avoiding the major races, or siding with them. Fighting, though it does happen, will typically be a last resort.
Have fun.

Character Sheet
Name:
Species:
Personality:
Abilities:
Tools: (Only if applicable)
Short biography:
Notes: (optional)
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:27 10/07/2018 by A Guy
#2 Posted: 00:16:48 10/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Name: Dharul
Species: Dragon
Appearance: He is covered with many dull, grayish-brown scales. His scales are sometimes missing in places due to the lack of food making it somewhat difficult to regrow them at times.
Personality: Dharul is mainly worried his own survival. More grounded in the moment, he is more concerned about finding food or avoiding enemies to live another day than any fanciful idea of restoring dragonkind.
Abilities: Dharul's breath is a white fire which, in addition to the usual effects of igniting objects, is also highly effective against magic creatures, essentially burning them with their own magical power. This is extremely taxing to use, however, more so than typical dragonfire.
Short biography: Dharul was raised in a cave in some far-off place, before he was forced to escape one day when it came under attack by a hunting band composed of various races. His family was completely split - he doesn't know if any of them are alive, or, if they are, where they ended up.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:55:10 24/07/2018 by A Guy
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#3 Posted: 14:40:25 17/07/2018
Name: Kynara
Species: Dragon
Appearance: A tiny serpent with a pair of wings and horns. Her scales are a coral pink colour, her eyes emerald green. Is a lesser breed of dragon, weaker than most. Wears a tiny silver collar.
Personality: Gentle and innocent, always curious about the world around her. Can be rather aloof at times, though she is usually cautious due to her small stature.
Abilities: Kynara has no knowledge of her abilities, relying on her protector for, well, protection. She does possess some slight healing power, and can soothe angered or violent beings with her singing. She also can grant draconic aspects to humans, though she has no idea how she does this.
Short biography: Her egg resembled a gemstone, and was found by a young orphan. Though it was going to be sold, it hatched before the orphan could sell it, and the child couldn’t bring them self to get rid of the dragon. Kynara was named by the child, who raised and fed her. She wears the tiny collar so that others recognize that she is owned.

Name: Luna
Species: Human
Appearance: A girl with emerald eyes matching those of Kynara, her dragon friend. She has long black hair, and pale skin. A few coral pink scales similar to Kynara’s adorn her skin on her cheeks, around her eyes, the bottom of her feet and on the palms of her hands. She wears makeshift clothing made of whatever she can get her hands on, be it animal hide or vegetation.
Personality: Quiet and cautious. She rarely speaks to anyone other than Kynara.
Abilities: Lightfooted and skilled in archery. She is a rather good hunter, having done it her whole life.
Tools: A bow, quiver and dagger, the only thing she has left of her parents. A set of homemade arrows crafted surprisingly well from feathers, vines, sticks and stones.
Short biography: Orphaned at 4 years old, Luna took her mother’s bow and dagger and sought survival. She grew up fast in mind, and when she found what appeared to be a gem at 5, she planned to sell it. The gem hatched into a tiny serpentine dragon, who she affectionately named Kynara, after her mother. Luna survived alongside Kynara using her mother’s hunting equipment, and she quickly taught herself to make arrows once she ran out. As she grew, she gained draconic aspects and her eyes changed to match Kynara’s. She never returned to society.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#4 Posted: 19:53:10 24/07/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: I will start later today.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me