Page 1 of 1
Game design (WAT DO YOU WANT!!?) [CLOSED]
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#1 Posted: 02:10:03 20/02/2009 | Topic Creator
smilie THis is for all the ones who think DOTD is not worth their time. What do you think should have been in to make the game better and what do you think should be taken out... (DOTD rocks to me though! smilie)
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
Cynder girl Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#2 Posted: 02:11:44 20/02/2009
i kno. i see nothing wrong wit teh game (i just whish i had a ps3 or xbox360 cause they have better grafics)
---
My spore account-- http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#3 Posted: 02:55:56 20/02/2009
Two years of developing time would have allowed them to fine tune everything; while they may not have made better levels, they could have fixed the lack of emotion in the actors' voices, made the combat moves more effective, perfected the flight system (up/down, speed, ect), and made it longer and more interesting. They also could've fixed the AI character; I'm constantly getting bothered by my idiot "teammate" who's an obstacle, rather than help.
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#4 Posted: 03:23:52 20/02/2009
Quote: Shrazer320
Two years of developing time would have allowed them to fine tune everything; while they may not have made better levels, they could have fixed the lack of emotion in the actors' voices, made the combat moves more effective, perfected the flight system (up/down, speed, ect), and made it longer and more interesting. They also could've fixed the AI character; I'm constantly getting bothered by my idiot "teammate" who's an obstacle, rather than help.

I need to add, it seemed as if the plot was reused.
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#5 Posted: 03:37:55 20/02/2009 | Topic Creator
From what?
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#6 Posted: 04:01:25 20/02/2009
Quote: Spyro2008

Yeah..

Oh, and they could fix the graphics; they're too bright in general.
#7 Posted: 04:31:08 20/02/2009
Quote: Spyro2008

Yeah..

QFT.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#8 Posted: 05:37:17 20/02/2009
Fix the words, make them in line with the mouths! And fix the stinkin graphics and ghosting!
As for plot and/or character designs, etc: Make Cynder less of a Mary-Sue, make her BLACK, like she's SUPPOSED to be, take out the cheesy lines, replace 'em with decent ones. Make the game longer and harder, add some decent bosses in there other than elites, make the flying smoother, and make the game less predictable!
So, basically, another year of planning would've been good.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#9 Posted: 06:04:18 20/02/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Fix the words, make them in line with the mouths! And fix the stinkin graphics and ghosting!
As for plot and/or character designs, etc: Make Cynder less of a Mary-Sue, make her BLACK, like she's SUPPOSED to be, take out the cheesy lines, replace 'em with decent ones. Make the game longer and harder, add some decent bosses in there other than elites, make the flying smoother, and make the game less predictable!
So, basically, another year of planning would've been good.

For a second there I thought you were being racist... @.@
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#10 Posted: 06:21:48 20/02/2009
By saying Cynder is supposed to be black, I'm not being racist. She's a black dragon, so shouldn't she be the color black, not purple?
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#11 Posted: 15:16:39 20/02/2009

Hey, I was also thinking of darker graphics, I'd also like it to be animated like. plus I would like the next game to have more action, like beating up the foe with glass shards. I would also like the game to have more of a feel to it, like a blue ice cave with curtains of crystals in it for a beautiful scenery. Or you playing a black and red crystal dragon in a field of lava and rock in a starry dark blue sky.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#12 Posted: 18:28:16 20/02/2009
Graphics more akin to what Krome did in the previous two games so that the characters don't look like they're 8-Bit would be nice. They also could've toned down the brightness so I wasn't getting a migraine from looking at the game. They also could have left out the poorly done flight system entirely and just stuck with double-jumping/gliding. They also could have made it that you COULD die if you fell in water/bottomless pits/etc. Your "partner" could have been programmed better. They could've put in more boss battles, and actually made them challenging. A better plot would have also been nice... not a rehash of the Lord of the Rings. They also could've had some more original music too. On top of all that, they could've MAJORLY improved the rather poor combat system. They also could've made the levels less annoying to navigate.

All in all, another 1-2 years of development was needed on this game. Sadly, this was not so and the end product was... lacking to the nth degree. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#13 Posted: 00:08:00 21/02/2009
Quote: Cynder girl
i kno. i see nothing wrong wit teh game (i just whish i had a ps3 or xbox360 cause they have better grafics)

yeah me too
fyrestorm91 Green Sparx Gems: 231
#14 Posted: 01:45:11 25/02/2009
It shouldve been longer...
---
Topaz~Darkor~Glitter~Redsky
DeviantArt account
spiro101 Blue Sparx Gems: 647
#15 Posted: 02:02:43 25/02/2009
[youtube][/youtube]lalal
---
i am the real spiro 101 and know 1 will take it *ROAR*
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#16 Posted: 15:14:43 25/02/2009
Yeah, It's not long enough if you can beat it in a day. However it would be awesome if you could choose which characters you could play, Kinda like Acme Arsonal. You know, for example play Spyro with Ignitus Co-op. or two elders like Volteer and Cyril. They don't need a leash but still maintain distance.
---
Don't mess with JAK
MrHenky Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#17 Posted: 16:21:54 25/02/2009
Since I never played this game (but I'm planning to), I wonder:
Is game bright like this? http://fc67.deviantart.com/fs2...y_inferno19.jpg
ConvexitySpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1018
#18 Posted: 16:54:39 25/02/2009
Quote: Cynder girl

Me too, but I have only PS3 version.

I agree Miles Tales !
---
It's not a lake, it's an ocean.
My deviantART
smiliesmilie Best buddies forevah! \o/
#19 Posted: 01:40:42 26/02/2009
Quote: MrHenky

Yeah, about 20 times brighter. I'd have some Advil on you for the migraine you'll get, if I were you. <.<;
---
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#20 Posted: 01:43:56 26/02/2009
I have news, it is all ready being made into a game that the company feels is good for a next game. But you can talk to me about the next game design if you want so we can have an even more popular game. smilie
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#21 Posted: 01:57:03 26/02/2009
Huh? Me no comprehend that statement very well. o.0
---
Zerospyro Green Sparx Gems: 208
#22 Posted: 02:48:58 26/02/2009
Quote: Forgotten World
I have news, it is all ready being made into a game that the company feels is good for a next game. But you can talk to me about the next game design if you want so we can have an even more popular game. smilie

What are you talking about?
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DarkSpyro58 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#23 Posted: 02:56:39 26/02/2009
Quote: Zerospyro
Quote: Forgotten World

What are you talking about?

What could have been done to make The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon a better game.(I like it the way it is, but improvments would have made it better)
---
EVIL, and PROUD OF IT!!! I am Dark58!!!
MrHenky Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#24 Posted: 06:56:54 26/02/2009
Quote: HIR
Quote: MrHenky

Yeah, about 20 times brighter. I'd have some Advil on you for the migraine you'll get, if I were you. <.<;

No, thanks. smilie I'm used to watching HDR. In fact, I love HDR.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#25 Posted: 09:01:21 28/02/2009
Even though I love DOTD. I do think there should be some changes.....

• Delay it for 6 and a half more months (replay the game and check to see if there is some things they need to improve on)
  • Put more things in the flying system (press L1 to go faster, press R1 to go slower, press X to land ect)
  • Make the game ALOT more longer and make the levels longer
  • Improve the fight with Malefor
  • Make Cynder black
  • Try to make Ignitus's death ALOT more sad (I didn't even shed a tear when he died smilie)
  • Improve the grapics a little bit more on the PS and fix up some off thoughs glithes (like the one when Sparx looks weird in a cut seen in Avalar)
  • Being able too fly alot more higher
  • Improve the AI charactor. Its like a newsance really... It dosn't hardly help you when you fight. And I hate it when the enemys go strate for me and dosn't even look at the other brainless charactor
  • Make it a little more interesting and gripping

And thats it....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me