Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
The Experiment (Reboot)
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8923
#1 Posted: 04:49:18 15/06/2018 | Topic Creator
A remake of Shagaru Magala’s original RP.

You awaken in a strange place, with no memory of where you are or how you got there, or any memory at all, for that matter. Your entire past draws a huge blank, except for one particular point (which may vary from person to person). You meet others that seem to be in a similar bind, with all but one memory completely erased from their minds. It’s up to you to recover these lost memories and discover what’s going on.

Any character may be used, whether it’s an OC, a character made specifically for this, a character from an official IP, whatever you like.

Standard RP rules.

Character sheet:
Name: (blank)
Species:
Appearance: (if you have a picture just link to it)
Personality:
One memory that they started with:
Other:

The places it says (blank) will stay blank until that character gains a memory associated with that. Age can be filled with another character’s estimate and name can be filled if another character gives them a nickname, and each user can use as many characters as they think they can manage. (I’ll fill mine out later)

As always, if you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:16:24 15/06/2018 by Skyhunter
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#2 Posted: 14:05:02 01/07/2018
Species: angel
Appearance: https://www.deviantart.com/sha...-2017-657919338
Personality: She is a kind but worried soul who tries to see the best in everyone. However, she can’t see past herself- being a dark angel, she fears that she was a villain before her memories were erased.
One memory that they started with: She remembers waking up on a platform floating in the sky and exploring this sort of heavenly world. Curiously, even back in this memory, she still seems to have amnesia.
Other: First-person because we all know who this is. smilie

Species: human with light elemental powers
Appearance: [Don’t have an updated picture yet lol] He is a short young teenager who is wearing a white t-shirt and orange shorts. He has blue eyes, and his hair is blonde with orange tips. He always has a smile on his face.
Personality: He is a good-hearted, happy-go-lucky guy with a tendency to crack jokes or play small pranks. Despite his seemingly naïve exterior, he is capable of hiding things and has a very, very good poker face.
One memory that they started with: He remembers going on a walk with a black-and-red-haired girl in the darkness. He is using his light to guide the way, and both of them are laughing and joking around like two best friends.
Other:
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#3 Posted: 16:18:33 01/07/2018 | Topic Creator
(Accepted!)

Species: fennec fox
Appearance: He's got dark blue fur with a head of cyan hair, black underbelly and paws, and a cyan tail with a white tip. His eyes are bright yellow. Prefers a quadrupedal stance, but can walk on two legs. He's larger than the average fennec, but still fairly small in stature, about the size of a red fox.
Personality: Clever and intelligent, there's few things he can't figure out how to work around eventually. In this state, he's fairly passive and withdrawn, though this will change as he regains memories.
One memory that they started with: He remembers saving a butterfly from a spiderweb when he was a kit.
Other: His appearance will change as he regains memories, albeit subtly.
---
#4 Posted: 20:21:43 01/07/2018 | Topic Creator
The little blue fox groaned as his eyes slowly opened, finding himself belly-down on the ground. He held a paw to his head; it felt like he had lost an argument with a semi truck. As he struggled to sit up, he took in his new surroundings. A grassy field, near a pond with a large tree growing by its bank- not the most orthodox place to take a nap, so there was no way he came here himself. But how did he get here? He drew a complete blank as he tried to recall, not just how he got here, but anything. Not a single memory of his prior life remained.

Alright, let's see here... he mused to himself. Let's approach this logically, starting with what we already know...
1. I'm out in the middle of nowhere.
2. I can't remember anything.
3. Wait, scratch that. That time I saved a butterfly from becoming a spider's lunch, I remember that.
Conclusion: ...I got nothing.

Well, that didn't work. He shook his head; this is a bit of a conundrum, isn't it?
---
#5 Posted: 03:48:11 02/07/2018
I don’t know what caused me to wake up, but somehow, my body was brought back to consciousness. I felt a groan escape my chest as my eyes fluttered open. I wasn’t feeling the best. Musta tried laying on my wings again.
My eyes snapped open as a weird texture met my arms, and I realized with a start that I was laying on grass that was tickling them. Why would I have fallen asleep on the grass? As my brain raced to conjure up an explanation, I shook my head. Nothing was coming up, no explanation at all. I didn’t know where I was or what would have caused me to get here. How odd.
No, not odd. Horrible. The more I strained, the less I grasped. I didn’t have any memories at all. Now panicking, I began looking from area to area, trying to trigger anything in my head. A sudden wispy memory of walking about the clouds was enough to pacify my feelings, if only for a moment. That told me nothing! Who was I? Why was this happening?

The blonde teen awoke easily, as if he’d been roused from a light, gentle sleep. He blinked as the light met his eyes, but they adjusted quickly. He was used to light. It didn’t faze him as much as the average human.
Feeling something was off, he held out a palm and pulsed, just to be sure. His hand glowed with the light powers that thrummed from deep within him. Good. His powers were normal. Then what was he feeling?
Nothing, he soon found out. He felt like a complete blank slate. It was as if his banks of memory were drained dry. He flexed his glowing hand, wondering how he knew to use the light if he didn’t remember anything else. How far did this intrinsic knowledge go? How much control had he held over his element before this state of absence of memory?
Survival instincts also setting in, he extinguished the light before he was tempted to test out his powers any more than he’d already had. The best strategy would to make himself seem weak and vulnerable so that anyone else he found would trust him and tell him secrets. He could use the light as a last resort. Mind made up, he stretched and began to walk, searching for other people.
---
#6 Posted: 14:31:49 02/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Well, no use in sitting around, the dark blue fox thought, lifting himself to his paws. Maybe someone else around here could help him, or maybe something could jog his memory. When you've hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up, right? Scanning the area with his bright yellow gaze, he finally noticed a figure not too far away. It seemed like a regular, garden-variety human to him, but there was something odd about this one. Their hand appeared to be... glowing? Strange, last he checked, humans weren't bioluminescent. Maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him, maybe they had a light in their hand, whatever the case, it was the only lead he had at the moment, so he went with it.

Unsure if this human was friendly or hostile, the fox made a cautious approach, gently approaching, trying to appear as an ordinary fox that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
---
#7 Posted: 19:27:13 02/07/2018
As he wandered, the teen looked here and there, trying to figure out anything he could about his location. Lots of grass, bright blue sky, giant tree, pond... no, nothing really stuck out to him. And why would it? To him, it just seemed like an ordinary, run-of-the mill field area. If someone had been responsible for taking his memories, they’d just dumped him here. All things considered, it was a fairly nice place, but there was no sign of animal or human life that he could find. And he’d need to figure out a plan for food, water and shelter before night fell. Who knew what wandered the dark in a place like this?
He was jolted out of his thoughts by something blue in the grass. He couldn’t tell what it was at first, but as the two of them started getting closer to each other, he started picking out individual features and quickly grew confused. It looked like a fox. But foxes weren’t blue! And their eyes didn’t glow like that. What had happened to it?
He stopped walking and crouched lower as its motions grew more cautious, wondering briefly if he’d scared it. “H-hello?” he said softly. Is it foolish of me to assume it understands English? “Where did you come from?”

I stared up at the sky, willing clouds to appear. Nothing happened, obviously, but I could do nothing but cling to the hope that the presence of clouds would give me answers. The clouds were all I could remember.
Feeling defeated, I slouched back down to the ground. I had no clue what I was supposed to do. I had no memories, and there was nobody around that could tell me a thing. I felt completely stressed and confused, and could not come up with a single idea on how to go about existing here.
---
#8 Posted: 20:38:06 02/07/2018 | Topic Creator
"Uh, hi?" The fox tilted his head as the boy addressed him. He hadn't considered the ramifications of revealing that he could speak. Were humans used to talking animals? Did he just mess something up just by opening his mouth? Ah, whatever, not like anyone else was looking, and if it meant getting somewhere, he'd do it. "Um, I came from over there by the pond, but that's not where I live usually. Or maybe it is, I can't remember." The fox ran his paws through the grass casually. "I was kind of hoping you could help me out here, actually. Do you know where we are?"
---
#9 Posted: 14:24:48 03/07/2018
The golden-haired teen felt that he should be more surprised than he was that the fox could speak to him. Well, it was blue, for one thing. Already breaching the realms of the unlikely, bordering the realm of the impossible. But considering how little he knew about himself and the world around him, he figured he didn’t have the right to be suspicious about what he should consider his new reality.
“So you don’t know, either?” the boy asked, a tad glumly. “I woke up here not too long ago with almost no memories, and was planning on walking around until I found somebody.” He broke out into a grin unexpectedly. “So I guess that lucky somebody is you! Seems like we’re in the same situation then, huh? Gee, we really have no choice other than to stick together and figure it out!”
---
#10 Posted: 14:54:22 03/07/2018 | Topic Creator
The fox gave a tentative grin. "Yeah, sure! We'll work together and get through this, and hopefully get our memories back, too!" His tail wagged. "Well, I'd introduce myself, but I don't remember my name. Guess we should come up with something to call each other, then maybe we'll see if there's anyone else here."
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#11 Posted: 21:42:26 06/07/2018
Species: Gryphon
Appearance: [IMAGE] with a scarred blind left eye
Personality: He's brave at times, tends to strategize, and can be quite loyal to those he considers friend. In his current state, he is just a tad cautious of new people. This may change or develop over time as he regains his lost memories-- for better or worse.
One memory that they started with: He remembers soaring over a forest and going for his very first kill-- a deer blissfully unaware of his presence.
Other: In addition to his personality changing over time, he may also also gain additional abilities to which he is currently unaware of.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 12:10:58 07/07/2018 by redwes
#12 Posted: 23:31:28 06/07/2018 | Topic Creator
(OOC: Sure thing! Accepted smilie)
---
#13 Posted: 23:41:51 06/07/2018
OoC: Yay, redwes is here! smilie

"Yeah, good plan!" A lot of things about this whole situation made the blonde quite curious, but there was no point in asking the fox about it because of his clear amnesia. Honestly, questioning everything didn't seem to be a plan that would get them very far, given their mutually-limited knowledge, so he'd just have to make the most of whatever he knew so far.
"Names, huh?" The teen pondered for a moment, twisting a blonde-and-orange lock of hair between his fingers. "You'll have to pardon me for being uncreative, but I think I'll call you Indigo! Because you're... y'know, blue, and I don't think blue foxes are all that common, from what my instincts tell me. Let me know if you hate it, though!" He cut off his words with a laugh.
---
#14 Posted: 00:04:29 07/07/2018 | Topic Creator
"Indigo... yeah, I like that name! Has a nice ring to it!" The little blue fox cracked a grin, clearly pleased with his new name. "And yeah, I don't think blue foxes are all that common either!" Indigo held a paw up to his chin, tapping the ground with his other. "Hm... How about I call you 'Lux'? I thought of that since you've got a pretty light color scheme going there, along with, uh, something else," he chuckled nervously, holding his tail. "A little bit ago I thought I saw you doing something. Looked like your hand was... glowing?"
---
#15 Posted: 00:16:38 07/07/2018
OOC: Yup! I'm back-- and this time you get Darin before he feared humans. Or the very least, he doesn't remember that he should. smilie

As the blue fox and now named human started to acquaint themselves, another individual was just waking up elsewhere in the strange environment. The tan colored gryphon groaned as he slowly opened his eyes and found himself lying on the ground, as if he had just taken a long nap. However, two things became immediately clear. First off, he didn't recognize his surroundings and wasn't one to just fall asleep asleep in a completely unknown environment. Or at least he assumed he wasn't. Second off, he had lost all of memories except one. He recalled what seemed to be his first kill, as part of what would assumily become a regular activity for someone such as himself. Oddly enough, he couldn't remember anything else-- not even his own name or how he got here. 'Where am I...? Who am I...?,' he thought to himself as he slowly got up. Nothing appeared to be broken, so it couldn't have been a fall or something. If that was the case however, then how did he get here?

As he looked around, he thought he had heard someone just off in the distance. This environment didn't look, smell, or sound familiar to him; so he couldn't possibly have been here before. He had nothing better to do and wasn't going to just stand there, so he took off and started walking towards the source of the noise. 'One.. two individuals?,' he thought focusing on his natural hunting instincts and not wanting to get caught off guard. As he walked, he accidently stepped on a fallen branch which made a cracking noise upon snapping apart. He froze, listening out for any sign of trouble. It was possible that he was walking into a trap or that he was purposely being lured, but there was only one way to find out. At the point, he had nothing to lose and knowing something was better than knowing nothing at all.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:07:15 07/07/2018 by redwes
#16 Posted: 02:01:53 07/07/2018
The teen was pleased that the fox liked the name he'd been given. At his returning comments, he shrugged a bit. "Well, Lux, huh? I rather like that, too! Though I must say, that's a bit on the nose-"
He cringed at the realization of what he'd just revealed, but it seemed like Indigo had known that all along. "O-oh...heh... a glowing hand? Me? That's preposterous!" With a sigh, he shook his head. "Never mind. It's no good of me to hide things. I'm just... used to it, I guess? For some reason? Anyway, I have the power to-"
The sudden sound of a crunch made him jump, and he whirled around to find the source. Amazingly, there stood a light brown-colored griffon, looking befuddled at the fact that he'd just broken a branch under his claws. "Um...hello?" the newly-named Lux said.

Well, that's enough moping around for me. Get it together! I got to my feet, flapping grass pieces out of my wings and cape. I couldn't sit here and feel sorry for myself any longer. Whining like that wouldn't fill a hungry belly! After another look around, I decided to take a hike up a small hill. It would give me a good enough vantage point for me to see which direction to go. And then I would know that I was at least not walking into anything blindly! Feeling determined that I was finally doing something useful, I headed that way.
---
#17 Posted: 02:30:33 07/07/2018
OOC: Going by strict Darin lore, he "cannot physically speak the common tongue while in gryphon form and must instead rely on a limited form of telepathy for direct communication with humanoid species." However, I've allowed him to speak in more recent RPs, so I'll let you guys decide how it is here. smilie

As the human soon noticed him and he found himself in the spotlight; he found himself slightly embarried and carefully took a single step off the broken branch. He looked up from where he stood on the hill leading up the human and remained unfrozen, unsure on how he should treat the mostly 'normal' looking individual. He tried to recall or remember anything on the subject of humans, but found himself coming at a blank. He had already given his position away and wasn't even sure if they would understand him, so he cautiously stepped forward and decided to speak up. "Hello? Can.. can you understand me?," he asked speaking in his natural tongue. He spoke in a slightly submissive tone, just in case it didn't translate to the human. He barely remembered anything beyond his natural instincts-- and there was only one way to find out.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:11:10 07/07/2018 by redwes
S2 Swap Force Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#18 Posted: 05:47:37 08/07/2018
Species: Human
Appearance: 6 feet tall with bright blond hair, blue eyes, a white T-shirt under a bullet-proof vest and bright blue jeans
Personality: He is kind and stubborn, can sometimes be caught wondering what happened to his family
One memory that they started with: His dad's lab getting attacked by a bunch of people with weird abilities causing him to flee with his brother.
Other: Has a short sword and a pistol. Also has one ability that will reawaken once he remembers it.
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:04:59 08/07/2018 by S2 Swap Force
#19 Posted: 00:10:49 15/07/2018 | Topic Creator
(Accepted.)

Indigo gave a sly grin, stifling a chuckle as the newly-named Lux tried to explain. He knew that light powers, by all accounts, weren't something a human should have, but something deep down inside him couldn't help but buy it. Maybe it was the irregularity of his odd fur color or some incredibly fuzzy and distant memory or-

Wait, is that a gryphon?

Indeed, the half-lion half-eagle creature of legend stood before them, looking rather embarrassed and wary of their presence; or at least, that of Lux's. What further puzzled Indigo was that he could understand the gryphon's language. Huh. Neat. "Uh, hi, there," Indigo said. "Yeah, I can understand you, not sure about my friend here though."
---
#20 Posted: 00:42:44 17/07/2018
The half-lion half-eagle legend looked once again at Lux before returning his attention towards the odd colored fox. He didn't get any closer, but he didnt back away ether. "I-- I was hoping you could help me. I don't know where I am and I don't remember how I got here.," he then said speaking directly to the blue fox and still very much wary of the unfamiliar human. He didn't recall foxes being blue, but perhaps this one went through some kind of mutation; or perhaps something more was afoot. He couldn't be too sure seeing as he wasn't even sure of himself. And although it wasn't immediately obvious from that distance, it almost seemed as if the gryphon has been injured at some point. What almost seemed like a scar could be seen over its left eye and it almost looked as if the creature's left pupil had been blinded.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:53:24 17/07/2018 by redwes
#21 Posted: 03:02:16 17/07/2018
Lux looked from Indigo back to the griffon, completely oblivious to anything that was even occurring. The tawny creature was giving him a bit of a wary glance, all while making small but ear-piercing screeching noises. Lux hoped to alleviate the mistrust in his eyes by giving him a charming, easygoing smile. However, Indigo's words ("Yeah, I can understand you, not sure about my friend here, though") jerked him back to reality. He felt confusion cross his face; the griffon clearly wasn't speaking his language, and Lux hadn't even been aware that decipherable words had been coming out in the first place! Why could Indigo understand but not himself? What was going on here?
"Alright, so you've got a secret language," Lux joked once the screeching died down (which he assumed to be the end of the griffon's sentence). "That's fine and all, so long as Indigo can...um, translate. Can you understand me at all, mister griffon?"

OoC: Whoops, thanks for the clarification! Guess I was a bit tired and missed that. Fixed! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:14:37 17/07/2018 by ShadowMewX
#22 Posted: 09:58:15 18/07/2018
The gryphon seemed to relax ever so slightly upon the human's innocent enough looking smile. He glanced at Indigo and back at the human whose name was or story was currently unknown to him-- and decided that if this (unusual?) blue fox could trust this human, then perhaps he could as well. And so reluctantly, he gave a gentle nod and stepped forward a couple more steps indicating that he could indeed understand him. It was obvious that he was still somewhat wary, but less so than he had been before.

He hadn't realized his 'unique' facial features yet or even seen his own reflection, but was starting to realize that his vision was perhaps not quite what it should be. He figured it to be some sort of disorientation from however he had gotten here and knew little more than the fact that these two individuals were thus far the only 'people' he had yet to come across. He was reluctantly trusting the stranger for the sake of getting answers and considered himself fortunate that at least one of them could properly understand him.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:11:38 18/07/2018 by redwes
#23 Posted: 14:10:48 18/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Indigo gave Lux a smirk. "He says he doesn't know where he is or how he got here," he clarified, looking up at the tawny creature. "You didn't get that? Huh." It seemed that the further they went, the more questions were raised, and with a grand total of two memories between them, it looked like the questions wouldn't be solved for a while.
But he digressed, the gryphon seemed to be in a similar predicament. "My friend wants to know if you can understand him," Indigo asked, just now noticing the scar across his left eye. That didn't look good. Did who or whatever brought him here hurt him before? If so, they'd better be careful, lest they suffer the same fate.
---
#24 Posted: 17:19:34 18/07/2018
The man was just waking up, feeling the grass tickle his face he slowly opened his eyes and sat up, looking around through heavy eye-lids. He was in a forest, he didn't know where he was or how he got here. When he thought about it, he actually didn't know much of anything, not even his name. However, there was one memory that for some reason he retained. His father's lab was being attacked by shadowy people with strange abilities, and he was escaping with his brother. 'I have a family' he thought. Then he remembered those shadowy people, were they the ones who brought him here? He heard footsteps, causing him to run behind a tree. Peeking around it he saw something that resembled an angel. Was it one of them? One of the ones who killed his father? He really hoped it didn't see him.
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
#25 Posted: 17:47:14 18/07/2018
"Oh, well nothing new there," Lux laughed after Indigo helped translate. He noticed the griffon seem to grow a tad more comfortable with Lux there, and Lux also caught the nod, so it looked like he could speak all he wanted since both creatures understood him. "This whole lack of memory thing seems to be a common thread. How strange. But I feel like someone close to me once said that there's no use dwelling on the past, so we may as well move forward, right? We're a human, a griffon and a fox. All of us have weird and unusual talents, skills or looks in some shape or form. Now, let's use what we've got to get some answers!"

As I made my way up the hill, I kept my eyes trained on the sky, almost involuntarily. Thoughts were idly circling through my head, thoughts I couldn't control; after all, there was no point on dwelling on what I didn't know. But my habits nearly got me in trouble, for I noticed a smear of movement in my peripheral vision as I passed by a tree. I blinked myself back to focus, trying to figure out if I'd just been seeing things or if I could rely on my instincts. "Hello?" I called out hesitantly, laying a hand on my hip, where my bow was strapped. I wasn't sure if I could remember how to use it if things came down to a conflict, but at least I wouldn't be defenseless. Then again, who said there was someone hiding around here, anyway? Like I could even trust my own mind here...
---
#26 Posted: 20:19:06 18/07/2018
"I.. I can understand both of you, oddly enough. The only thing I remember is remember is flying and going in for what seemed like my very first kill-- I don't even remember my own name to be honest and that had to been ages ago.," he screeched recomfirming that he could understand the human and trying to contribute what he could to the conversation. He looked at Indigo, at the human, and then back at Indigo; knowing that the indigo-colored fox would have to translate. "Does your friend have a name? I know you're Indigo and I'm assuming that name was given to you?," he then asked looking directly at the fox. Knowing something as simple as what to call this human would a long way towards earning his trust. He also wanted to eventually find a pond or some other source of reflection to hopefully remember something about who he was or where he came from-- anything really.
---
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#27 Posted: 20:30:46 18/07/2018
!!!

Species: Human
Appearance: Thin and pale with dark hair and blue eyes. Wears a cloak and boots suitable for traveling.
Personality: Aloof and cold, acts above most others. Is easily influenced by emotion.
One memory that they started with: Standing before a huge white dragon in the embers of a town and staring into its eyes as she presses her bleeding hand into its bleeding cheek while a woman she’s pretty sure she loved screams at her to stop.
Other: Has great power within her that she doesn’t yet recall. (If you want me to tell you I don’t think it’s all that serious considering it doesn’t make her invincible by any stretch but I’m okay with doing so)

Species: Wyrmling (a lesser breed of dragon)
Appearance: A small serpent with a pair of wings and horns. Her scales are coral pink and her eyes emerald green.
Personality: Quiet and nervous, but rather friendly towards those she’s comfortable with.
One memory that they started with: Healing a child’s wounds after they were injured hunting for meat to share with her. She quite clearly remembers that once the wound healed, tiny coral pink scales grew where it once was.
Other: Idk
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#28 Posted: 22:44:40 18/07/2018 | Topic Creator
(Accepted!)

"Oh! Right, we didn't introduce ourselves yet," Indigo said with a short laugh. "I'm Indigo and this is Lux. As far as we know, those aren't our real names, we just came up with them to have something to call each other by." The little blue fox smiled at his human friend's determination to find an answer; true, these were odd circumstances, but they were odd individuals, so surely they could figure something out if they tried hard enough!

But for then, they should focus on surviving. "Maybe we should check out that pond over there," the fox suggested, gesturing with one paw. "Might be a good place to get started. If not, well at least we'll have fresh water!"
---
#29 Posted: 00:09:06 19/07/2018
Blue eyes not unlike ice open on a pale blue sky. She sits up, simply feeling, feeling the air around her and the heat pulsing through her body. Who was she? She cannot remember. Breathing steadily, she dives headfirst into memories. Or rather, one memory. A bleeding hand on a white dragon's bleeding cheek, flames that rise higher and higher as someone, someone she loves, she thinks, screams... something. Her name, maybe? She cannot recall the words, only the panicked tone. The girl moves to stand, finding herself at the edge of a lake. She stares at her reflection. Bottomless blue eyes, a frail body clearly not cared for. She cups water in her hands and drinks.

Awake. Yes, Awake. She is... awake. Alive. Tangible. She carefully preens each scale of her tiny body, adoring the coral pink colour. Why she loves her colour so much, she has forgotten. But she carefully puts each tiny scale in place, Yes, she is beautiful. Beautiful. The Wyrmling stretches her wings, craning her neck to touch her tail with the tip of her nose. Alive. She can move. She cannot recall why this brings her such joy. No, she only recalls a gentle manipulation of life, tiny scales like her own covering a wound. She purrs in the warm sunlight, a quiet sound. She settles into a comfortable position in the grass and waits.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#30 Posted: 00:59:55 19/07/2018
Quote: Skyhunter
"Oh! Right, we didn't introduce ourselves yet," Indigo said with a short laugh. "I'm Indigo and this is Lux. As far as we know, those aren't our real names, we just came up with them to have something to call each other by." The little blue fox smiled at his human friend's determination to find an answer; true, these were odd circumstances, but they were odd individuals, so surely they could figure something out if they tried hard enough!

But for then, they should focus on surviving. "Maybe we should check out that pond over there," the fox suggested, gesturing with one paw. "Might be a good place to get started. If not, well at least we'll have fresh water!"

"Agreed-- and nice to meet you.," Darin said also making a friendly gesture towards Lux. He gave what almost seemed like a bow or curtsy, giving the now named human a physical representation of his friendly greeting. He couldn't recall if it was some gryphon tradition or just inprop, but it seemed appropriate at the time. As he glanced at the pond, he knew he would also need a name. He had first wanted to see what he looked like however-- and perhaps get some explanation as to the disorientation he had felt since his arrival. He gave a screech and headed towards the pond.
---
#31 Posted: 01:05:28 19/07/2018
OoC: Yay, Fury's here! smilie
Edit: Wow, ninja'd. That was fast. smilie

The griffon continued screeching in his odd language, and so Lux waited patiently so that Indigo could give him an idea on what he was saying. The screeches were piercing to Lux's ears, and so for the sake of appearing friendly, he resisted putting his hands over his ears to shut out the noises. If he'd had his eyes closed, he was sure that he'd think that an eagle was preparing to attack or something! Thank goodness the griffon was an ally for now.
Indigo spoke to the griffon first by introducing the both of them. Lux figured that that must've been the subject of the griffon's reply. The griffon gave Indigo a small bow, which Lux returned, not sure if that was the right thing to do or not, but figuring there was probably no harm. Indigo continued dialoguing with the griffon by suggesting they head to a nearby pond. "That's some good thinking!" Lux said cheerily. "Fresh water, a clear landmark... you know, guys, maybe this whole survival thing won't be too bad!" With a bit of a bounce in his step, he followed the griffon to the pond.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:09:35 19/07/2018 by ShadowMewX
#32 Posted: 01:37:34 19/07/2018
OOC: I can't wait 'till I can stop typing "the ______ gryphon" everytime. smilie

The now allied gryphon soon made it to the clear water and started by taking a good long look at his own reflection. He was a tawny-colored gryphon alright, that much was certain. He lifted his wings, studying the reflected image for any oddities and perhaps hopefully triggering some sort of lost memory. He then got closer to the water, almost touching it with his brown beak and carefully studied his facial features. His right eye was brown, much like the rest of himself and to no-one's surprise. He then noticed the prominent distinctive red scar across his left eye-- or rather across the lifeless white pupil that resided within. He closed his left eye followed by his right eye; and then simply stared saying nothing and becoming eerily quiet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:37 19/07/2018 by redwes
#33 Posted: 04:37:56 19/07/2018
OOC: My goodness, I'm gone for 7 hours and all this appears? I'm gonna say it's because FuryBeam joined.

The word "Hello?" confirmed his fears. She had seen him. He looked around, quickly noting that he had a sword and gun on his left and right hip respectively if he needed them. However it seemed the word had been presented as a question, as if she was not sure if she had seen him, and it didn't sound like there was any hostile intent. Still wary he hovered his hand over top of his sword and walked out, trying to be bold when saying, "Who are you?" But he couldn't keep his voice from cracking a bit.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:56:20 19/07/2018 by S2 Swap Force
#34 Posted: 13:12:22 19/07/2018
(I’m going to take that as a compliment because I like you but I have no idea what me joining has to do with this lol
Also seven hours is a pretty long time all things considered
Hi shadme :3)

The water satiated her thirst temporarily, and she sighed. The heat in her veins bordered on unbearable, and she leaned towards the coolness of the water, let herself wade in and deposit her clothing on the shore, bathing away... blood? Yes, she was covered in blood, painted in symbols along her face and body. She closed her eyes and let the water cool her, let the blood and ash that coated her body wash away.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#35 Posted: 14:18:44 19/07/2018
I jumped when a tall, blonde male moved out from behind the tree. I could tell by the sound of his voice that he seemed nervous, though I knew I couldn't let my guard down yet, judging by the weapons at his side. I really hoped that things didn't escalate to violence because this was the first sign of anyone besides me in this place. Maybe he could help me!
"Okay, so there was someone here," I said, breathing out a faint sigh of relief. "I really wish I could answer your question, but truth be told, I have no clue who I am or where this is. I've lost nearly all my memories. I don't want to hurt you- in fact, I was wondering if you know anything! Who are you?"

The griffon seemed eager about heading to the pond, so Lux let him rush ahead, feeling the cool breeze ruffle his hair. But a sight ahead nearly made him stop where he was. It was clear the griffon hadn't noticed, for he was intently viewing his reflection in the water, but Lux spotted it on the other side. A girl was over there, making her way into the water. He wasn't sure if she'd noticed their ragtag little group, but he felt the need to warn them, just in case. "Hey, you two," he spoke. "Look across the lake! There's a girl."
---
#36 Posted: 14:48:27 19/07/2018
Too lost in thoughts regarding the blood and ash coating her skin, she didn’t notice the people across the lake. No, she didn’t notice them until she heard them, and then she felt alarm followed by apathy. She couldn’t care less if they noticed her, thought she was unsure why. Her skin cleansed, she moved to the shore and dressed herself, calm and slow and not caring how much of her body they saw. Why should she? Why... shouldn’t she? She was suddenly uncertain, confused. A memory seemed to tickle her consciousness, but when she reached for it it dissipated into the void. Fire and smoke and a dragon and someone she loved. That was all she could grasp. It annoyed her.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#37 Posted: 19:06:51 19/07/2018 | Topic Creator
As Indigo reached the pond's edge, he followed in their new companion's footsteps, taking a sip of water and gazing upon his reflection. Unfortunately, it didn't ring any bells, though at least now he knew what he looked like. Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary- at least, not counting the fact that he was blue. Lux's voice caught his attention, announcing the presence of another survivor, this one a human girl who appeared to be... bathing? Well, even if she didn't notice (or care about) him watching, he still averted his eyes out of respect. "Well, I guess there's more than just us," Indigo said. "How much you want to bet she can't remember anything either?"
---
#38 Posted: 19:25:05 19/07/2018
OoC: Fury, I guess you could say she's too lost in thoughts all alone- *shot*

As soon as Lux reached the shore of the lake, he felt a flush light up his cheeks. "Oh no, I didn't realize what she was doing..." Lux muttered as he quickly looked away from the girl. You dummy! What else would a person be doing that far into a lake! he thought embarrassedly. Trying to alleviate the awkwardness he felt, he turned his gaze downward so he could view his own reflection. A young blonde teenager stared back at him. He turned this way and that, but nothing unusual stuck out to him, save the strange orange tips of his hair. He felt them, just to be sure. Guess my hair just grows like this normally- doesn't feel bleached or artificial or anything. Something about my hair makes me feel special and proud. But that's all I've got.
Hearing Indigo speak, he tore his dark blue eyes away from the lake (thankfully, it appeared the girl on the other side was changed by now, though she still kept her distance, oddly enough). "I mean, three for three of us have no memories," Lux responded to him. "Odds are that she's just like us! And if she is, then I guess that's why she's staying away, especially since she doesn't know we're like her."
---
#39 Posted: 19:41:43 19/07/2018
The gryphon gave a slight screech, agreeing with both his companion's assessments. Meanwhile-- he kept staring, now running a single claw gently across his scar and trying to remember anything about how he had gotten it. There was no doubt about it; someone or something had done this to him and ,rather he originally was or not, he was now (presumably) permanently half-blind. If it wasn't whoever brought them here, then there was a story behind the scar. Unfortunately, he still couldn't tell one way or the other. He gave another screech, this time more of shock or distress-- varying in pitch and tone.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:21:05 19/07/2018 by redwes
#40 Posted: 20:02:36 19/07/2018
OOC: well you took it the correct way Fury. You're popular around here, you come along and everyone starts greeting you.

She'd lost all her memories too. This, along with her saying that she doesn't want to hurt him, relaxed him a bit. "Truth be told I've lost almost all of my memories too. The only thing I remember is a group of people with magic powers attacking my dad's lab while I escaped with my brother." He revealed. "I don't even remember my own name."
---
#41 Posted: 20:19:46 19/07/2018
"Ohhh, that sounds scary," I sympathized. No wonder the guy seemed so jumpy. Magic people attacking his father's lab, huh...I wondered if that was a memory from his past, or some event that I should know about. It wasn't ringing any bells in my head, though, so I decided not to press.
"I only have one memory as well," I added. "It's of me waking up upon a floating platform in the sky and exploring some sort of heavenly realm. Seeing as I'm an angel, I guess that makes sense, but I couldn't tell you a thing about it." I shrugged aimlessly. "Well, my plan was just to make it to the top of this hill so that I could gather my bearings and see what I'm dealing with, you know? I figure I'll be able to make some sort of game plan after that. Feel free to join me if you'd like!" I really hoped he would choose to come along, as company would certainly be nice in such confusing times.
---
#42 Posted: 20:19:53 19/07/2018
(Hahahahahaha that song has been stuck in my head for two years now please help me I’m going to cry
HHHHHH WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM POPULAR IM SO CONFUSED I NEVER NOTICED THIS I JUST HAVE A COUPLE FRIENDS THAT I UNTINTENTIONALLY FOLLOW AROUND)

A gryphon? The Wyrmling raised her head, attempting to pinpoint the screech. Why did she recognize the sound? She couldn’t recall, but she spread her tiny wings and sang a few notes, a somehow familiar action. She couldn’t recall why her instinct was to sing, but she ignored her mind and sang out, peaceful notes in the silence left over. She lifted her tiny body off the ground, the song finished, rising above the grass to search for life. A tree was what caught her eye, and she flew towards it, humming contentedly as she wrapped herself around a branch in the sunlight. Something deep inside her stirred, but she couldn’t recall why she felt so at home.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#43 Posted: 21:09:00 19/07/2018 | Topic Creator
"That's a good point," Indigo shrugged. "I mean, I guess we could go see if she needs help, but if she's avoiding us..." And their gryphon companion's screech got his attention once more, and this time, he sounded distressed. No doubt he discovered his facial scar. "Are you okay?" Indigo asked, unsure of how to help him should the response be negative.

His ear twitched as he heard something rustle in branches of the tree nearby. Didn't sound big, and at this rate, he'd wager it was probably another poor amnesiac in the wrong place at the wrong time.
---
#44 Posted: 21:54:49 19/07/2018
The distressed gryphon looked up at Indigo, his lifeless left pupil shining in the light. "This scar-- have I always had it? Or did whoever or whatever brought us here see fit to half-blind me in addition to taking my memories?," he said thinking out loud and knowing that the his blue companion would be unable to answer such questions. His tone shifted from slightly distressed to slightly angry at whoever did this to him. As if losing his memories wasn't enough-- he now had to adjust (re-adjust?) to losing half his sight as well. And if it was whoever brought him here, he doubted that he would ever be able to use his full vision again. From what he could tell, whatever had caused the scar had cut deep and the distinct shade of red served as a defining contrast to his otherwise tawny-colored features.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:28:04 19/07/2018 by redwes
#45 Posted: 00:24:33 20/07/2018
"Well that's a lot better than what I remember." The blond muttered. When the angel suggested that he join her, he said, "Yeah, I'll come along. Really don't have anything better to do." He figured that he probably shouldn't be wandering around a foreign forest all alone with almost no memory. Plus, she had a plan, which is more than what he could say.
---
#46 Posted: 03:30:37 20/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Something inside Indigo wanted to back away and hide as the tawny gryphon's tone grew a tad angry; whether it was some vague remnant of a memory or basic primal instinct, he wasn't sure, but he knew he had to help somehow. "W-well..." Indigo said, examining the wound, wincing slightly. It looked like it hurt! "It's a pretty deep gash, but it doesn't look too recent. However you got it, it must've been a while ago. And if who/whatever brought us here is to blame, then you'd have to have been here for at least a couple weeks, er..." Indigo tilted his head. "Uh, should we come up with a name to call you? At least until we discover your real name."
---
#47 Posted: 12:43:15 20/07/2018
The Wyrmling began to hum softly at the sound of aggression, a calming sound. She couldn’t recall why she did this, but it was her instinct, and who was she to ignore it? No, she hummed, a sweet smelling, pale pink mist seeping from her horns.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#48 Posted: 13:24:00 20/07/2018
"Yes-- You can call me whatever you want, just as long as...," the tawny gryphon paused smelling a strange sweetness in the air, although not immediately recognizing the source. "Just make it a good one.," he finished speaking (screeching?) in a slightly calmer tone than before. He sniffed the air again and almost heard what seemed like a faint sift humming. "Do.. do you hear that?," he then asked twitching his head towards the direction of the faint sound.
---
#49 Posted: 14:24:23 20/07/2018
"Well...kind of," I responded. "You see, in this memory of mine...I also had amnesia. So that's great. Have I always been an amnesiac? Or is this just the second time I've lost my memory? Just my luck." Despite myself, I smiled. Seemed that I had a companion! "Just one more thing before we keep going," I said. "I'd like to give you a name. You said you don't remember yours, and I would be much happier if I could call you something other than...well, you. Maybe I could call you Bullet? For your...attire, as well as your weaponry."

"What's wrong?" Lux asked worriedly, tearing his gaze from the female across the lake to the distressed griffon. After looking the griffon in the eye, he realized that he seemed rather upset about his lack of an eye. That must've been what he'd seen first in the lake water. Poor guy. It seemed that Indigo's words were pacifying him ever so slightly, though Lux thought Indigo's observations were a bit chilling. If they'd truly been here for a few weeks, then that meant more blanks in their memory; heck, maybe they'd all known each other before the wipe. Maybe it was important that they'd met together. There had to be a reason their memories were gone. Had something gotten the best of them? Or had they known something that they weren't supposed to know?
---
#50 Posted: 21:57:59 20/07/2018
"Hmm," the newly named 'Bullet' mused as he walked beside the angel. The name did suit him, "What about my sword?" He joked. Wow, he had just met this girl and already felt comfortable enough to be joking around with her, maybe it was due to the fact that she was the only person he'd met in this place so far. Wait, what would he even call her. "Speaking of names," Bullet started, "I'm assuming, like me, you don't remember yours? So how about..." He trailed off, looking at her, trying to come up with a name. Bow sounded weird, Angel could work if he didn't find anything else, but it would be strange calling someone by their species, "Red? How about Red?"
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me