Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
i'M HAVING A STROKE
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 14:33:49 30/05/2018 | Topic Creator

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2 Posted: 16:06:07 30/05/2018
okay.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#3 Posted: 20:39:46 30/05/2018
Just when you think Bethesda couldn't possibly mangle the series up a bit more. What's next? A card game?
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#4 Posted: 20:41:15 30/05/2018
*Reads title*

Not cool man, not cool.
---
Hahahahaha
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 21:15:17 30/05/2018
but will it be as good as fallout 75?
#6 Posted: 22:16:42 30/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
but will it be as good as fallout 75?

hopefully it won't be like that absolute garbage that was 74
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#7 Posted: 22:30:08 30/05/2018
Quote: Samius
Just when you think Bethesda couldn't possibly mangle the series up a bit more. What's next? A card game?

don't give him ideas
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#8 Posted: 22:59:57 30/05/2018

[User Posted Image]

c-close enough??
#9 Posted: 00:56:52 31/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Carmelita Fox

don't give him ideas

remember: God Howard is always listening
---
#10 Posted: 04:44:04 31/05/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

[User Posted Image]

c-close enough??

At least it's not Hearthstone-tier garbage.

don't give him ideas

In case he's listening, here's one for him: We've had enough shallow FPS shooter experiences. Just make a good RPG you ****.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#11 Posted: 04:52:03 31/05/2018

[User Posted Image]

c-close enough??

don't give him ideas

In case he's listening, here's one for him: We've had enough shallow FPS shooter experiences. Just make a good RPG you ****.

i love how the best fallout game wasnt even made by Bethesda
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#12 Posted: 05:01:47 31/05/2018
Quote: parisruelz12

[User Posted Image]

c-close enough??

don't give him ideas

i love how the best fallout game wasnt even made by Bethesda

I can't decide between New Vegas and Fallout 1 and 2, but that's true nonetheless. For me the old FO games by Interplay are where the "lore" as it was intended to be ended, so I guess I have a slight bias towards them.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#13 Posted: 22:12:16 04/06/2018
funny how four years ago i went nuts over fallout 4 and now this game is announced and i'm like "meh"
---
Cool cool.
#14 Posted: 05:02:23 05/06/2018
Quote: pankakesparx456
funny how four years ago i went nuts over fallout 4 and now this game is announced and i'm like "meh"

I'm not surprised. To a lot of people this must seem more like a spin-off than a "real" Fallout game because Fallout games have traditionally been single player titles. This is similar to The Elder Scrolls Online, which no-one tends to see as a part of the actual TES series.

I can't really explain it, but generally speaking video game series are characterized by certain traits that give them the abstract quality of "belonging" to that series, completely separate of the actual title or the developer of the game. That's why you get things like spiritual successors that appeal to the fans of past titles. I'm not sure what to call it, but "familiarity" probably wouldn't be too far off.

It's obvious that Bethesda and it's fans have a conflict of interest here. Bethesda wants to widen the market to get more revenue while still maintaining the impact that the name "Fallout" carries with it, while most fans just want them to continue the series and keep the playing experience similar.
Really Bethesda's only hope by pulling stunts like this is to either have the fans accept what they're doing, or to gain new fans faster than they alienate the old. I imagine it must be a real source of headache for them, because Fallout is the kind of series that has gained recognition and survived on the market largely by filling a niche. Everyone who likes the post-apocalyptic genre have already played it, and you can't realistically keep everything the same while still trying to make and market the game with new fans in mind.
#15 Posted: 14:28:17 05/06/2018 | Topic Creator

I'm not surprised. To a lot of people this must seem more like a spin-off than a "real" Fallout game because Fallout games have traditionally been single player titles. This is similar to The Elder Scrolls Online, which no-one tends to see as a part of the actual TES series.

I can't really explain it, but generally speaking video game series are characterized by certain traits that give them the abstract quality of "belonging" to that series, completely separate of the actual title or the developer of the game. That's why you get things like spiritual successors that appeal to the fans of past titles. I'm not sure what to call it, but "familiarity" probably wouldn't be too far off.

It's obvious that Bethesda and it's fans have a conflict of interest here. Bethesda wants to widen the market to get more revenue while still maintaining the impact that the name "Fallout" carries with it, while most fans just want them to continue the series and keep the playing experience similar.
Really Bethesda's only hope by pulling stunts like this is to either have the fans accept what they're doing, or to gain new fans faster than they alienate the old. I imagine it must be a real source of headache for them, because Fallout is the kind of series that has gained recognition and survived on the market largely by filling a niche. Everyone who likes the post-apocalyptic genre have already played it, and you can't realistically keep everything the same while still trying to make and market the game with new fans in mind.

We don't know for sure yet, but from what we've seen hinted, it appears the game will most likely be single player with optional co-op.

I could be wrong, though.
---
#16 Posted: 03:56:53 06/06/2018
Quote: Chompy-King257

We don't know for sure yet, but from what we've seen hinted, it appears the game will most likely be single player with optional co-op.

I could be wrong, though.

I meant the player's view of the game, not the multiplayer content itself.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#17 Posted: 06:14:32 06/06/2018
i can't wait for e3 for more todd memes
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#18 Posted: 16:18:38 06/06/2018
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and happy that Fallout is getting more attention again, but this just seems kind of random coming off of 4.

It certainly doesn't help that 4 had Half Life 3 levels of hype and ended up being pretty disappointing all things considered. I was beyond excited for 4 when it was announced and when I eventually got the game I barely touched it. If 76 takes more elements from 4 then I'm honestly not super interested in it. 4 tried to fix a lot of small things that didn't need fixing at all and it just feels like more of a chore to play it than any actual fun like 3 and New Vegas.
---
Cool cool.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me