Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Favorite boss fight ever?
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1 Posted: 00:03:00 11/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Consider it a bit of research, or just curiosity, but what is everyone's favorite boss fight? I'm not gonna go into restrictions or whatnot, but I'd like a little bit of an explanation why, if it isn't too much to ask.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2 Posted: 00:34:45 11/03/2018
Snatcher from A Hat in Time
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#3 Posted: 02:05:52 11/03/2018
Absent Silhouette/Data Larxene in KH2. There's some bias there sure, but she's one I feel is kind of nice and a tad challenging without having too much bull****ty gimmicks going on, unlike ones like Luxord which is pure cancer, or Demyx or Marluxia. 13th Reflection/Struggle/Dilemma are also pretty nice as well.

Roxas as well is noteworthy for similar reasons. The scenery is beautiful to fight in Dive to the Heart, having his theme as the battle track is gorgeous and it's overall a beautifully choreographed one without having unnecessary bull**** thrown in. Even the mild gimmick reaction command he has isn't that bad and just makes things more cool in a way.

Nier:Automata's Beauvoir is another one I quite like, though I have yet to get to play it in proper, only watch it. The music is amazing and the boss and stage itself has a design that appeals to me fighting an opera performer at her stage.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#4 Posted: 10:41:58 11/03/2018
ludwig from bloodborne, everything about the boss is literally perfect and plus it made DSP ragequit

King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#5 Posted: 20:29:17 11/03/2018
Oooh, that's a hard one, I'll just list off all of my favorites, sound good?

Plasm Wraith-Pikmin 3

Octobot King II-Splatoon 2

Werner Werman-Cuphead

King Dice-Cuphead

Cookatiel-Super Mario Odyssey

Sectonia Soul-Kirby Triple Deluxe

Spoilered jic
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#6 Posted: 04:25:13 13/03/2018
[User Posted Image]

i just like him
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#7 Posted: 17:53:45 13/03/2018
Undertale regular spoilers.

Photoshop Flowey is impossible to lose against, but that doesn't make it any less good. The thrill and rush of fighting to stay alive for another round, and for the tables to turn with the amazing Finale drop? I love it. No wonder that, even in Pacifist, the protagonist DOES NOT HESITATE to attack during that kind of struggle.

And yes, I find him better than Asriel. That one made it a little too obvious that you can't lose.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#8 Posted: 19:30:35 13/03/2018
Jergingha Planet Destruction Form.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 17:34:43 14/03/2018
[User Posted Image]

- - -
zacklar Green Sparx Gems: 214
#10 Posted: 18:17:18 15/03/2018
i have always thought of dicklish, or HARD bossfights, but honestly never about the best ones, so i will list the ones i can think i liked so far in no particular order

Golden Sun - Doom Dragon (the story of the game is great, this boss is just the cherry on the top of the story)
FF6 - Kefka (best FF antagonist ever)
TWEWY - Sho Minamimoto (he is my favorite TWEWY character)
Bayonetta - Fortitudo (the soundtrack, the aspect of Fortitudo, the mechanic of the stage, it was the hardest yet the best for me)
Contra III - Gava (its Contra 3, its HARD af, the final battle has a lot of stuff going)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:20:08 15/03/2018 by zacklar
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#11 Posted: 00:39:49 16/03/2018
Alright let's add a few more
All from Kirby Star Allies

Grand Mam
Morpho Knight
Twin Kracko
Hyness
Void Termina
Void Soul
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#12 Posted: 02:20:14 16/03/2018
For pure gameplay, The Lingering Will from KH2. It's the ultimate test of everything you've learned in the game and all of your options are useful in some way. His moveset is huge and his AI is generally very smart too, to the point where it feels like I'm fighting a human player playing as an OP character in some fighting game, rather than a boss in an action-RPG.

For contextual/story reasons, I have a lot I like, but in recent memory, the final boss of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is one of my favourites.

Its a well designed map for gameplay of course, but the reason I love this boss is because of the atmosphere. The music is intense, and it's truly a climatic showdown in every way. It's built up to really well, and my favourite part is that the first time you go to move a character on the map, they all give out some unique quote directed towards the final boss. The characterisation in this game is one of its strongest points, as is the voice acting, so seeing that come to a head for EVERY character in the final boss was really cool. I haven't got this pumped for a boss fight for a while and I got so invested in it the first time I played it.

And the way Alm delivers his final blow against Duma with that epic shield drop was the icing on the cake.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#13 Posted: 07:14:02 16/03/2018
The Ebony Warrior
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#14 Posted: 17:23:51 16/03/2018
Demise (Skyward Sword)
Ganon phase 1 (BOTW)
Almost all the main bosses (not like giant Bowser fights) in the series (Mario and Luigi)
Undyne the Undying (Undertale)
Asgore (Undertale)
Golden Queen (Skylanders Trap Team)
Ultimate Traptanium Kaos (Skylanders Trap Team)
Dusknoir (Explorers of Sky)
Helgenish (Octopath Traveler (it was so satisfying to take him down))
DJ Octavio (Splatoon 2)
Metal Overlord (Sonic Heroes)

That’s all for now I think.
---
Soon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 20:59:46 16/03/2018
if my gif post wasn't clear-

Cagney Carnation (Cuphead)
Ribby & Croaks (Cuphead)
Beppi The Clown (Cuphead)
Octo Shower (Splatoon 2)
DJ Octavio (Splatoon 1 & 2)
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#16 Posted: 00:51:31 22/06/2018
i think koloktos from skyward sword takes the cake for me, but stallord from twilight princess was good, as well as that ghost one from wind waker. i play zelda games mostly obviously
---
now its time to get funky
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#17 Posted: 00:57:51 22/06/2018 | Topic Creator
I still need to get around to playing skyward sword, but I'll definitely agree to stallord and phantom ganon (I'm assuming that's what you meant)
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#18 Posted: 01:05:12 22/06/2018
Quote: kardonis
I still need to get around to playing skyward sword, but I'll definitely agree to stallord and phantom ganon (I'm assuming that's what you meant)

no, i mean the thicc lad in the earth temple
---
now its time to get funky
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#19 Posted: 04:22:34 24/06/2018
I want to say Yami from Okami just for that glorious soundtrack, but I think I like the actual mechanics of the Twin Demons way better. I am also very fond of the REX vs. RAY battle in MGS4.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#20 Posted: 06:04:29 24/06/2018
as much as it frustrated me (to the point of crying) psycho mantis was really ****ing cool.

-ethelwill from Rune Factory 4.

ripto, from riptos rage
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me