Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Unlikely - But - Kickstarter for 'cards' of the unreleased remaining stuff?
Page 1 of 1
Unlikely - But - Kickstarter for 'cards' of the unreleased remaining stuff?
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 18:33:33 19/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Of course, such a thing would never happen without Activision's approval - so it'd probably never happen.

For those who follow amiibo, you likely know about the counterfeit cards that float around on eBay and the like. Many of these are pretty high quality, plastic cards (like a hotel room key card). I'm thinking a set of these with artwork of the unreleased item on it.

The basic goal would cover Heartbreaker Buckshot and the unreleased Crystal Creations.

A stretch goal would include the Yawn Traps.

A further stretch goal would include a fancy foil wrapper for all of us NIB collectors.

A final Stretch goal would include a Platinum Treasure Chest - yeah, you know what I'm talking about. :D

Obviously, the biggest hurdle would be getting Activision on board. Would there be any significant interest to this?

Is there anything you'd want to see? A Thrillipede card maybe?
zacklar Green Sparx Gems: 214
#2 Posted: 18:55:10 19/02/2018
sounds like a really cool idea, but i don't think Activision would really care about it specially since they would need to update the game to support the Heartbreaker Buckshot and the unreleased Crystals
#3 Posted: 19:18:40 19/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Why would they need to update the game?
#4 Posted: 19:19:59 19/02/2018
to add the models for them, since they aren't in the imaginators game
#5 Posted: 20:33:48 19/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Uh... they are in the game. That's why they're unreleased figures and not new characters.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#6 Posted: 02:04:49 20/02/2018
Activision would def strike it down, seeing it similar to piracy.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#7 Posted: 02:49:12 20/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Why would they strike it down as piracy if it had their approval - the very first thing I put in the OP?
#8 Posted: 04:55:51 20/02/2018
Still if they didn't release proper quantities of old figures like the yawn traps at their time i really doubt they would now, given that traps are mostly useless now, hell, even getting the Light and Dark adventure packs is a nightmare nowadays and the prices skyrocketed badly
#9 Posted: 07:09:36 20/02/2018 | Topic Creator
A.) Cards would be a *lot* less cost prohibited versus manufacturing a mass amount of plastic toys and shipping them about.

B.) If this was done via Kickstarter or a similar Preorder program, there'd be next to zero cost involved for Activision.

C.) There'd be no retailers involved, so no issues with shipping them product, etc.

D.) This would be less about making a huge profit and more about throwing the fans a bone, giving them a chance to *sorta* complete their collections, so in five or ten years, if they relaunch the franchise, fans have fond memories
#10 Posted: 15:44:09 20/02/2018
While i do understand your idea greatly and would indeed like it to be true, the thing is that Activision hasn't really care about the fans so much, the normal sensei Chompy Mage is still in so damn low quantities around and with insane prices

also, it would indeed require Activision action in the matter to produce them, since Activision are the ones who know how to program them, in special imaginator figures, so in the end

A.) if Activision agrees to make the cards its on their budget

B.) if they don't, imaginator figures will be out of reach and the cost will rise due to the need of chinese "magic" cards to program them
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:45:19 20/02/2018 by zacklar
#11 Posted: 16:17:00 20/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Oh! Regular Chompy Mage would be a good one too. Good call.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#12 Posted: 07:10:25 21/02/2018
Kaos, Golden Hot Streak & Air Minis are a few things that might be nice to have in the cards. Kaos is pretty expensive to get now and is a different element. Golden Hot Streak was only available in certain stores. The Air Minis were pretty hard to get when they came out.
#13 Posted: 08:29:10 21/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Oh! Yeah, the Air Minis would be an excellent choice.

I didn't know KAOS had become hard to get. I assume you mean the figure and not the trap? I remember when he was all over at launch. Interesting about him.

Golden Hot Streak.... Hm. I'd be reluctant to do the chase variants (does GHS count as a chase variant?), but I do know it's one several people wanted, but didn't want to buy a starter pack they couldn't use. Outside of Thrillipede, it would be the only real Superchargers representation I can think we might want/need.

Good thoughts..!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#14 Posted: 23:16:16 04/03/2018
ye right

let's all give activision money for their stupid decisions...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#15 Posted: 03:34:57 05/03/2018 | Topic Creator
I mean, the alternative is you get nothing...?
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#16 Posted: 12:49:34 05/03/2018
Quote: UncleBob
I mean, the alternative is you get nothing...?

But... you get it for free!
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#17 Posted: 09:25:45 19/03/2018
Volcanic Vault, UFO hat.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me