darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > ...What the? Two or MORE than two purple dragons?
Page 1 of 1
...What the? Two or MORE than two purple dragons? [CLOSED]
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#1 Posted: 01:10:09 16/02/2009 | Topic Creator
"*Ignitus* Throughout our history, there is only known to have been two purple dragons."

Hmm, okay, after the Dragon City level, now this:

"*Malefor* I'm sure you've been told that I was the first of our kind, but I assure you, there have been many." And he continues: "It has been the duty of our presecessors to resurrect the Destroyer and the Golems of the deep... to bring about the great cleansing. This is the true nature of our kind. Your destiny is to destroy the world."

...Hmm, okay, so... who else feels like running around like a chicken with their heads cut off?

But anyway, something tells me that Malefor is more than likely to be right; Ignitus hasn't been around since Malefor's time, thus he could only know how many purple dragons there have been from books or whatnot, while Malefor has been able to watch...

Both of the quotes are taken from cut scenes.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 01:20:39 16/02/2009
Malefor could have destroyed any record of a purple Dragon or simply killed them before they were even born just like they were going to do with Spyro.
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#3 Posted: 01:26:50 16/02/2009
Yes that was confuzzling.
---
I is ded
#4 Posted: 01:30:28 16/02/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
Malefor could have destroyed any record of a purple Dragon or simply killed them before they were even born just like they were going to do with Spyro.

Exactly. It was a twist of fate that Spyro is alive if so many have been around before, and it was also a twist that Cynder was kept alive as well, seeing as she is mostly at fault for bringing back Malefor.

I do have to say that if any eggs were around, they could've hatched and then been killed, but if Spyro's universe is like that of the Inheritence's (Eragon books), then when an egg is layed, the dragon inside is fully developed, waiting for the right time to hatch (or for its Rider for some), even if they egg's destroyed, the dragon still exsisted.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#5 Posted: 02:44:18 16/02/2009
Bah, I don't care. The Legend games are over now, and I doubt we will ever get an answer.

It seems like such a waste of time discussing this...But it's not like there is anything else interesting to do anyways, aye?<.<
#6 Posted: 02:47:09 16/02/2009
Quote: Cynder_Rox
Bah, I don't care. The Legend games are over now, and I doubt we will ever get an answer.

You do realise your probably going to be kicking yourslef in a few months (JK!) Yeah, but anyway even if the legend game arnt over we probably still wont get an answer. Malefor's dead and unless they bring him back *cough* ripto *cough* then we probably won't get an answer.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#7 Posted: 02:58:29 16/02/2009
Naw, I've almost given up on Spyro. Zelda and Sonic is my new thing, har!8D And boy....Do I miss the old Spyro's...smilie *shoe'd*

See...?8D Though, you can flame me to no end if we DO get a LEGIT answer. But, I'm leaving anyways. It doesn't matter.

Ripto...? He's dead, with the rest of the old Spyro's. He was to overused, anyways...D:
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#8 Posted: 03:07:40 16/02/2009
Ah! Don't you just love plotholes? ^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#9 Posted: 03:11:52 16/02/2009 | Topic Creator

It seems like such a waste of time discussing this...But it's not like there is anything else interesting to do anyways, aye?<.<

XD

Nope; I've been hacking DotD since I got the PS2 version for two days. XD

Ripto...? He's dead, with the rest of the old Spyro's. He was to overused, anyways...D:

8D He was great though.

Quote: HIR
Ah! Don't you just love plotholes? ^.^b

TT Not ones like that! *slaps with a copy of Sonic Next Gen*
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#10 Posted: 04:32:54 16/02/2009
Quote: Shrazer320
"*Ignitus* Throughout our history, there is only known to have been two purple dragons."

Hmm, okay, after the Dragon City level, now this:

"*Malefor* I'm sure you've been told that I was the first of our kind, but I assure you, there have been many." And he continues: "It has been the duty of our presecessors to resurrect the Destroyer and the Golems of the deep... to bring about the great cleansing. This is the true nature of our kind. Your destiny is to destroy the world."

...Hmm, okay, so... who else feels like running around like a chicken with their heads cut off?

But anyway, something tells me that Malefor is more than likely to be right; Ignitus hasn't been around since Malefor's time, thus he could only know how many purple dragons there have been from books or whatnot, while Malefor has been able to watch...

Both of the quotes are taken from cut scenes.
I also wondered if there actually WERE more purple dragons because if there was, that would mean the Elders lied to Spyro or Malefor lied to Spyro.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#11 Posted: 12:23:47 16/02/2009
There were Elders before Ignitus,Cyril,Volteer,and Terrador.Remember in Eternal Night?There were Elders training Malefor,the Elders of Wind,Poison,Fire,etc. there are probably different Elders for each 10 Generations (I beleave a generation is ten,one hundred generations and a Purple dragon is born!) would the old Elders still be alive after 100 years?And at the end,Malefor was defeated by the old Elders,this means Ignitus and the other Elders couldn't have known.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
#12 Posted: 13:47:58 16/02/2009

I meant they might bring back Malefor like they did with Ripto, I know they probably won't because well Sierra probably won't make the same mistake as Insomniac did bringing back someone who burnt in a pit of lava... Twice smilie
spyro super fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#13 Posted: 14:27:51 16/02/2009
i have a spoiler:
if you watch the DODT end you can see that many purple dragon spirits appears,you can see it rigth after the battle with malefor
---
Kiyoteru Hiyama - "You're engulfed in a sorrowful melody, come and sleep now.
Hereafter, the beginning of a tragedy must be burned into your eyes."
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#14 Posted: 15:02:23 16/02/2009
I thiCnk myore thnan odne purplee drragon coPuld beu borrn pin al genereation.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
ConvexitySpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1018
#15 Posted: 15:40:39 16/02/2009
I think Malefor lies.
---
It's not a lake, it's an ocean.
My deviantART
smiliesmilie Best buddies forevah! \o/
#16 Posted: 15:46:33 16/02/2009
how do you explain the cutsene after the malefor battle then?
---
supermalefor Green Sparx Gems: 148
#17 Posted: 15:56:47 16/02/2009
Does it really matter? Malefor is gone, Spyro is still the hero, Cynder is still his gf, and Sparx is still crazy.
#18 Posted: 15:57:40 16/02/2009
stop going off topic
---
#19 Posted: 22:05:36 16/02/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark Lord
There were Elders before Ignitus,Cyril,Volteer,and Terrador.Remember in Eternal Night?There were Elders training Malefor,the Elders of Wind,Poison,Fire,etc. there are probably different Elders for each 10 Generations (I beleave a generation is ten,one hundred generations and a Purple dragon is born!) would the old Elders still be alive after 100 years?And at the end,Malefor was defeated by the old Elders,this means Ignitus and the other Elders couldn't have known.

We don't know anything about the Elders of before, so don't say something STUPID like what their element was without proof. And a generation for dragons (the past series) was 12 years, thus it's 1200 years. And Malefor was NOT defeated by the other Elders; just sent away, and I think he accidently sealed himself. I don't know for sure; haven't played TEN in ever.

And... that did not make sense, so how is anything you said useable?

Quote: spyro super fan
i have a spoiler:
if you watch the DODT end you can see that many purple dragon spirits appears,you can see it rigth after the battle with malefor

The spirits were probably past Elders, who were probably rather pissed off with Malefor. XD The idea of them being purple dragons is a little far out, though possible.

Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I thiCnk myore thnan odne purplee drragon coPuld beu borrn pin al genereation.

You know you sound like an idiot because I have non idea what you said, right?

how do you explain the cutsene after the malefor battle then?

*pokes above*

Quote: supermalefor
Does it really matter? Malefor is gone, Spyro is still the hero, Cynder is still his gf, and Sparx is still crazy.

We thought Ripto was gone, too. XD

stop going off topic

THAT was off topic.
#20 Posted: 05:36:32 17/02/2009
i have a spoiler:

The spirits were probably past Elders, who were probably rather pissed off with Malefor. XD The idea of them being purple dragons is a little far out, though possible.

and you say that propably without seeinh the colour of the dragon spirits and its more than 8 spirits there
---
Fireblader70 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#21 Posted: 08:52:36 17/02/2009
Hey here is what I think. People were so unhappy over a reboot, that they are sort of paving the way for the two series to merge together. More than one purple dragon before Malefor... world where dragons were renowned... it could work.
---
I am officially now an 'above average' member. Talk about weird. I suddenly feel SO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me