Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Journey to the Crystal Caves Reboot (Invite only)
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Journey to the Crystal Caves Reboot (Invite only)
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1 Posted: 20:38:12 21/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Long ago, there was a realm ruled by magic. It was peaceful, a wonderful time to be alive, or at least that was until the magic began to fade. The source of all of magic was dying and something had to be done. A message was sent throughout the lands for all the sorcerers and practitioners of magic to join up in one big meeting to discuss the issue. Once together the Wielders of Magic decided that something had to be done as the barriers of protection throughout all of the villages were weakening and protection against all things villainous was growing weak. Ogres began to ravage villages, storms of all sorts began to appear out of nowhere which left crops destroyed and homes uninhabitable and Wars began to break out. The Wielders of Magic knew that something had disturbed the resting place of the source of all magic; The Crystal Caves, a place where only select beings could enter. The Crystal Caves held a large magical sphere of Crystal which fueled the lands with magic, both light and dark, no sane being ever dared attempt to try to mess with its resting place until that fateful day. The Wielders of Magic sent off their bravest warriors in attempts to stop the theft of the Crystal Sphere but none could enter the caves and each time they tried they would be sent back flying with great force. It was then that a band of travelers came to the aid of the Wielders of Magic, they were able to stop the evil villain of which disturbed the Crystal Sphere. Unfortunately, their victory came with a price; they all perished in the onslaught of minions that the Evil One sent against them.

It's been ten years since that day and everything had gone back to normal, the Evil One was never seen again and no one messed with the Sphere...Until today, just like a decade ago things started to change, but not only did the magic fade for the Wielders of Magic, but Dark Magic grew stronger as Light Magic grew weaker. Wars began between the sides of Light and Dark, Villages were burned to the ground and others were taken over by those that wielded Dark Magic, aswell as Light Magic wielders being turned to stone. All seemed lost. (Write Salamander at the top of your sheet so I know you've read this) Fortunately the Wielders of Magic had put together a plan if a day such as this had ever come again, they knew that each of the Saviors had offspring and that just like their parents before them, they could become the next generation of Saviors as the direct offspring of the Saviors of the Crystal Caves could most likely enter the caves aswell. The Wielders of Magic formed together a special package of Magical Pendents that could protect the Saviors children from the curse of the Crystal Sphere so that their powers could remain in tact. The Wielders sent out messengers to deliver the pendents and letters that spoke of the oncoming perils, the letters also gave instructions to come to the lair of the Wielders of Magic, a place that was thankfully still protected from the Dark Magic, but not for long.
Now, these new Saviors begin their quest, hopefully all is not lost...

Hi guys! This is sort of like a choose your own adventure book, or like a game of DnD to a certain extent, I'll be giving different scenarios from time to time and even letting you know if certain things your characters do succeed or fail, meaning that you'll have to adapt to situations. In this roleplay you will play as the children of the original Crystal Caves Saviors.

You'll start off by entering the lair of the Wielders of Magic, a place you've heard of in legends but never knew was real. You know nothing of your parents conquest, only that they died while travelling one day. The letter you received tells you that Darkness is coming and that if you wish to avoid it you must come to the lair of the Wielders of Magic. The pendent inside was magical and led you to the Dome.

Each character has a certain type of magical ability that they either haven't yet discovered or haven't been able to fully control, whether that be being able to control the weather, etc, or just general magic abilities. Once you all meet and are together you will be briefed on exactly what your journey is for.

Don't forget that you won't have full control of your powers to begin with, there's sort of a leveling system, you may gain new powers for your magic later on but I'll get into that later.

This takes place in a time where there's no modern technology so don't be trying to use GPS on your IPhone. it is Medieval technology, but they also have technology through magic, steampunk kinda stuff like gears and things that are powered through crystal and enchanted gems.

Your character can be other species that can mate with humans, and just to clarify if it wasn't clear, you're all orphans, maybe you were taken in by an uncle or aunt or adopted family but both your parents died as Saviors

Character Sheet:
Name:
Age (15 to 21):
Magical Power:
Personality:
Background:
Appearance:
Other:
Skills:

Rules:
I'm the GM (Duh)
No Godmodding (Duh again)
Swearing is allowed
Romance is allowed but no like, full on make-out sessions and sex scenes
Gore is allowed
Check the bolded post a few posts below for explanation on skills
Don't kill other main characters, small enemies or other minor characters can be killed however
Please be descriptive and use grammar to the best of your ability.
You can only have one type of magic i.e lightning or fire, but it doesnt have to be elemental.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Magic a lot of the magic you can use can be chosen from here, if it's too powerful or not magicy like telepathy I'll let you know
This is a pretty meaty roleplay that requires a lot of quick thinking and descriptiveness so remember that~
Have fun~

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Ref sheet for character height, age and species made by Redwes
https://orig00.deviantart.net/...es1-dc16bq6.png

All around character ref sheet: items etc
https://docs.google.com/docume...dit?usp=sharing

[User Posted Image]

Base weapons:
https://s7.postimg.org/vrr98fx4b/weapons.png

Weapon Forging:
https://docs.google.com/docume...dit?usp=sharing
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 15 times - Last edited at 22:45:21 07/04/2018 by Lunarz
#2 Posted: 21:34:27 21/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Character Sheet:
Name: Gallan Grimbly
Magical Power: Body Manipulation (Ability to change his body parts to different things i.e sprout wings, make his arms into hammers, give himself gills. Basic stuff at first however.)
Personality: Gallan is brave, although he often doubts himself and his own abilities. Worrying that if he makes a mistake it could mean the end for those he cares about. Gallan will often be found talking to himself, something that he would do quite often after his parents leaving. When others lose faith or doubt in themselves oddly enough Gallan will try anything to get them to believe in their abilities, something he has yet to accomplish for himself. He is very shy and soft-spoken, tending to be by himself rather than be social, however he is life threateningly brave despite being small and weak and frail.
Background: When Gallan was merely a young boy his parents left him to go on what they had described as 'An errand'. Unfortunately, this so called errand turned out to be quite the dangerous one as Gallan never saw his parents again. Gallan was taken in by his Aunt and Uncle on their farm, he grew up studying the animals and speaking to them. After time went on the memories of his parents began to fade leaving him distant and quiet from his only remaining family as opposed to happy, charismatic and chatty young kid he once had been. He would still however converse with the animals on the farm as he considered them his friends.
Appearance: Gallan stands at 5'2. He has spiked brown hair with hints of yellow streaks. Gallan wears old rags that he would usually wear from living on the farm such as old brown boots and a blue and brown plaid shirt that is a bit too big for him.
Other: N/A
Skills: Magic 4, Lore 3, Investigate 3, Athletics 1, Social 1
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 21:04:08 11/04/2018 by Lunarz
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#3 Posted: 22:34:29 21/01/2018
Is the species required to be human?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#4 Posted: 22:51:39 21/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: StormDragon21
Is the species required to be human?

I'll say it might be possible that some of the parents could have been gnomes or other species that could mate with a human, making you half gnome, half elf, half orc etc, but run it by me first im sure we can come to an understanding <3
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:58:06 21/01/2018 by Lunarz
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#5 Posted: 23:45:31 21/01/2018
I mean, since Camp whatever it was called is dead now, I might as well join this

Name:Mako
Magical Power:Summon a Shadow Clone of himself
Personality:Mako is a cocky and confident, but still wise-minded individual. He can run into a situation head-on without knowing what is happening, and come out with a few scratches and bruises. He often feels like he knows exactly what he is doing, but probably not know it. He is still very wise minded, and able to give out handy advice. He also likes to work in groups, but hates it when others drag him down and keep him from doing the task at hand. He doesn't ever want to give up, and sometimes, that can get him into big trouble. He also has memories, strange memories, that seem to come out of nowhere, with no rhyme or reason. These memories haunt and distract him.
Background: Make was born in a world he would never unsee, the fires of war, a place were people were burned and blasted, and never seen again. Unfortunantly, his father, a man with similar powers to his son, was lost to friendly-fire. He went back to live a life with his mother, a woman who didn't want him, and gave him as little attention has possible. She even tried to sell him to the enemy as a hostage, but her mother was killed during the trade, along with the traders. He grew up with his dying Uncle, who treated him as if he were treating a fallen angel, with great care and respect. After his grandfather's demise, Mako went looking, looking for questions, and looking for answers.
Appearence:Mako stands at 5,5(I know that seems tall, but I'm basing this character on myself, and I'm told I'm 5,5, sooooo) He is light-skinned, and has a small scar across his chin. He wears a dark brown and ageing jacket that belonged to his father, as well as regular clothing.
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#6 Posted: 23:50:08 21/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Hey, King you didn't read the plot, you didn't put the word I required for access, you didnt read that your parents were saviors who died saving the world, You could use shadow magic I'm fine with shadow magic, but you didnt read the requirements or plot all the way and you even ut an age that was lower than the allowed age. I have to deny access, I'm sorry :/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:39 21/01/2018 by Lunarz
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#7 Posted: 23:54:08 21/01/2018
I mean, I can't join now anyway because I wasn't invited, but, I tried
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#8 Posted: 04:23:12 22/01/2018
Salamander

Name: Todd
Magical Power: Todd has the ability to talk to animals as well as the ability to even understand them, although his ability to understand is mostly limited to sign language and visual cues at his current development. In addition-- he may also process the ability to physically shift into the form of a small Fennec Fox, although he only remembers doing so once and possibly in a dream.

Personality: Todd is very shy at first and will only open up to people over time. He thinks of himself as weak and unable to do what other expect of him. However, he is quite capable of defending himself and others should the need arrive. And although he mainly only hunts or fights for the sake of his own survival, he will reluctantly do what he has to do.

Background: For reasons unknown to him, Todd was raised by adoptive parents and never told of his true ancestry. He was raised to be an Hunter, but never could find himself able to successfully shoot anything larger then a small rabbit or even a bird. He soon took on farming and began to attempt to grow crops around his family's cabin. Unfortunately, he never had much of a green thumb and still found himself hunting out of necessity or in order to prevent attacks from larger animals such as bears.

Appearance: At first glance, Todd appears strictly human with short black hair and green eyes. However, an closer glance will reveal slightly pointed ears and a slightly below average height at 4'9". He processes a simple hunting bow, an shovel with sharpened edges for close combat, and simple leather armor for basic protection against the elements and animal attacks. [Image created via Hero Forge®]

Other: Todd's true parents remain unknown to him. However, if found out, history will reveal that both Todd's true father and true mother were human. And although his parents themselves didn't process any unique transformation qualities-- the mother of his mother would turn out to actually be a Halfling who oddly enough did process such qualities.

Skills: Shoot 4, Magic 3, Athletics 3, Stealth 1, Lore 1
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 13 times - Last edited at 05:44:19 25/01/2018 by redwes
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#9 Posted: 21:57:00 22/01/2018
OOC: Ohwoo, what a very interesting story. I like it. Now then, I've thought well and I think I finally have a character to contribute.

Salamander

Name: Eydis

Magical Power: Can heal minor wounds with a touch. Can also manipulate some plant material like vines, but she only did it once and never knew how. Not even sure if she was the one who did it.

Personality: She's very quiet and secretive, keeping thoughts only to herself. She avoids confrontations if she can. She usually trains herself in secret, mastering spear and bow, but she's lousy with a sword. Will defend herself violently if threatened. Prefers painting as a hobby.

Background: A nomad looking for her place in life. She was given up as a baby. She believes her adopted parents were her real parents, whom she lost during an ogre attack. Although she prefers to paint, she has been training herself in order to exterminate ogres and any dangerous creatures that endanger humanity and to get revenge. She lives on by traveling and running errands to passing strangers.

Appearance: Tan hair reaching her waist. Eyes dark brown that look black. Wears a long, emerald robe as thick as a coat and a wooden tiara given by her adoptive parents as their only memento. Has worn out brown boots and a collar made of ivory. She's tall for her age, standing at 5'4. (Depending on how active the RP is, I will draw her).

Other: All her family, including her original parents, were human, except her grandmother on her mother's side, who was a nymph, which is where her powers come from. Has some sort of small, feathered serpent with wings as a pet, whose egg she found a few months ago and named him Adaon, She keeps in a pocket, but it's almost always sleeping and requires very little food to survive.

Skills: Shoot: 4 Magic: 3 Intelligence: 3 Social: 1 Fight: 1
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 20:06:20 24/01/2018 by Felines
#10 Posted: 22:22:18 22/01/2018 | Topic Creator
//Healing magic and Plant magic? Could prove p useful, good choices.

Accepted, welcome//
---
#11 Posted: 22:28:38 22/01/2018
OOC: Thank you. I like to involve nature with all my characters. I shall wait for you to begin smilie
---
#12 Posted: 22:30:09 22/01/2018 | Topic Creator
//I have a few people I'm waiting on, but we should hopefully start before saturday//
---
#13 Posted: 02:15:50 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
//accepted <3
just waiting on Stormdragon, Cynder09 and Waaksian to make their sheets, and I'm expecting one or two others later on//
---
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#14 Posted: 05:32:44 23/01/2018
Salamander

Name: Muta

Magical Power: Magical Constructs. She has the ability to craft a numerous variety of weapons and tools out of pure magic. She can also create armor and shields.

Personality: Muta can come off as cold, apathetic, and intimidating, but really, she's just sort of wary of people. She tends to remain quiet and keep her distance, rarely talking unless she deems it necessary. However, she's far from shy. Muta has no problems talking to people when she has to, and can actually be quite bold and confrontational given the right circumstances. Although, she doesn't have much of a temper and isn't prone to pick fights. Instead, she actually prefers to avoid them whenever possible. She just has a tendency to speak her mind at times and isn't afraid to stand her ground, which can give off the wrong impression.

Background: Muta was adopted by a blacksmith who was a friend of her parents. He was more like an uncle to her, and he often told her stories about what her parents were like. However, he never mentioned what really happened to them, or explained that they were really saviors. He always seemed to dodge the truth, as if he was afraid to tell her about it. Over time, Muta just accepted that it wasn't something he was ready to talk about yet, so she stopped asking about it. While she had always wished she had gotten to know her parents, she did love her "uncle" dearly. They spent a lot of time together, as he was training her to be a blacksmith as well. While not the most exciting career path, she did enjoy it to an extent. Although, a part of her still longed for adventure.

Appearance: She stands around six feet tall with a muscular build. She has light olive green skin and yellow eyes. She has jet black hair kept in a braided ponytail, with short bangs. She has a mostly human face with small tusks. She wears tough leather armor that covers her body, with metal plates over her chest, forearms, shoulders, and thighs.

Other: Muta is a half-orc on her father's side.

Skills: Strength: 4; Fight: 3; Crafts: 3; Provoke: 1; Magic: 1
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:58 23/01/2018 by Cynder09
#15 Posted: 05:35:01 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
// :0 a wild cynder has appeared
accepted//
---
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#16 Posted: 18:21:26 23/01/2018
Name: Nolis
Magical Power: Luck Magic. Anything-- places, things, people-- enchanted with any sort of luck will have direct effect on him when in proximity. He also has a knack at determining what has good or bad luck, and to what degree. He is currently unaware that he has a magical connection, and thinks that it's some sort of hunch he gets in addition to his technical knowledge.
Personality: Callous and distant, Nolis doesn't like interacting with people and prefers to be left alone to his own devices. He hates confrontation and will disassociate himself from any conflict, avoiding it as if it were an infectious disease. That being said, he hates not being in the know about things and tries to obtain as much information that pertains to him as he can; he dislikes uncertainty. When forced into a situation that requires his action, however, he'll confront the issue with full force-- if only to get it out of the way so he can retain his peace and quiet. He's extremely superstitious and will become fully invested in any matter pertaining to luck.
Background: His parents and he had lived in a small establishment several hours away from any human civilization; they were close to a wide span of woodland, and they lived predominately off the land. A few days' travel away was a colony of lizardfolk-- humanoid creatures with reptilian and occasionally amphibious traits, like lizards and salamanders-- which his mother originated from. When Nolis was nine, his parents left on some sort of "obligatory journey", and had him stay with his grandfather while they were gone. They never came back; Nolis has lived with his grandfather ever since. The little establishment is within the borders of the closest human village, rather far from his old home. Despite his grandfather's urging, he refused to interact with any of the other children, isolating himself and avoiding as much direct contact with anyone aside from his grandfather as he could. As he got older, he'd occasionally leave for hours on end searching for old trinkets and broken items, essentially scavenging for others' junk. He'd sell whatever had any value to the local pawn shop for extra coin-- this activity solidified his superstitious tendencies, as the merchant would occasionally claim that the items possessed some amount of luck, and the kind of luck he claimed it to have correlated with how successful of a hunt Nolis had. The merchant became like a mentor to him, as he taught him what he knew about item value, and what talismans generally had good or bad luck.
Appearance: Nolis stands at 6'2 feet, and has a slender, lithely muscular build. Most of his skin is a pale yellow-green, but he has a layer of brown and orange scales on the following areas: the tops of his arms, the tops of his hands and feet, the fronts of his legs, his back and the back of his neck, and his cheeks and nose. He has a 3 inch long protrusion of scales on his nose that makes it look longer, comically so (Like this lizard; His color scheme is like this, too). His nails are slighter longer and sharper than human nails, and he has muddy orange, reptilian eyes. His tongue has a very slight fork to it, and his teeth look somewhat sharp but are rather blunt. Other than these traits, he's largely human in appearance and body structure, and has matted, black hair that hangs just below his ears. He attire includes a linen undershirt, a cloth long-sleeved shirt, a cloth pair of pants, and an old leather satchel. He refuses to wear footwear of any kind-- his feet are quite calloused as a result.
Other: Nolis prefers hot and humid weather. Cold weather will make him slow and lethargic, and arid environments cause him to get dehydrated faster, both of which he would rather avoid. He's completely inexperienced at combat, but is quite proficient at scavenging. His "treasure hunting" has kept him in shape and helped him develop terrain-oriented skills, like climbing, swimming, and running, and increased his general stamina. His self-isolation has caused him to become rather socially awkward; his posture is always atrocious and he tends to exhibit little animalistic quirks in his behavior.
Skills: Investigate: 4, Athletics: 3, Magic: 3, Crafts: 1, Burglary: 1
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:16:42 29/01/2018 by Waaksian
#17 Posted: 19:12:36 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
:0 accepted
---
#18 Posted: 19:46:17 23/01/2018
OOC: I've never played that game, but I know a little on how it works. It's not complicated to understand, it's complicated to apply to an RP. Are you sure it will work here? smilie
---
#19 Posted: 19:49:27 23/01/2018
I'm on board.

It looks complicated, but in practice it's quite simple. How it works is as follows:
Your character attempts something using one of their skills.
You directly refer to that skill in your post; "[Character] attempts to shoot the ogre in the chest."
Lunarz will roll a die to determine whether or not your character succeeds. A high number will allow you success, and a low number will make you fail.
The number of the skill you're using will add that many digits to the number the die rolls on. Say, if he rolls a 5, and the skill is 3 points, the total number is 8.
Having a skill number gives you a better chance at succeeding at the task, basically.

It's still a largely free-form RP; we're still writing in paragraphs, and not every interaction will be calculated. There's just the addition of more precise chances when trying to succeed at progressing in the story.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:05:15 23/01/2018 by Waaksian
#20 Posted: 20:00:14 23/01/2018
OOC: I'm not sure how it will work, but I'll let others decide. Maybe somebody else here is familiar with the game and will have a better idea on the method's success.

Quote: Waaksian
I'm on board.

It looks complicated, but in practice it's quite simple. How it works is as follows:
You directly refer to that skill in your post; "[Character] attempts to shoot the ogre in the chest."
Lunarz will roll a die to determine whether or not your character succeeds. A high number will allow you success, and a low number will make you fail.
The number of the skill you're using will add that many digits to the number the die rolls on. Say, if he rolls a 5, and the skill is 3 points, the total number is 8.
Having a skill number gives you a better chance at succeeding at the task, basically.

It's still a largely free-form RP; we're still writing in paragraphs, and not every interaction will be calculated. There's just the addition of more precise chances when trying to succeed at progressing in the story.

Ok then. I read this more carefully... and maybe it might actually work. I'm not against the idea, even though I'm still a bit doubtful. I want to know if I understand this clearly; the character's owner will assign the level of skill, right? And if Lunarz (the owner) rolls the dice, the number will be summed with the number of the skill. That much I got, but then what? Does that number acts as a percent on how successful an attack is?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:29 23/01/2018 by Felines
#21 Posted: 20:32:06 23/01/2018
Quote: Felines
OOC: I'm not sure how it will work, but I'll let others decide. Maybe somebody else here is familiar with the game and will have a better idea on the method's success.

Quote: Waaksian
I'm on board.

Ok then. I read this more carefully... and maybe it might actually work. I'm not against the idea, even though I'm still a bit doubtful. I want to know if I understand this clearly; the character's owner will assign the level of skill, right? And if Lunarz (the owner) rolls the dice, the number will be summed with the number of the skill. That much I got, but then what? Does that number acts as a percent on how successful an attack is?

Basically, but not literally. With the die numbers, 1 is the base success number; if you get 1, you'll simply succeed at the task. Anything above 1 includes bonuses, and how good the bonus is increases with the number value. A number below 1, however, is a failure, and the lower the number, the more/worse negative bonuses you get.

The specifics are mainly for Lunarz's reference. He'll just gauge what the character's success and bonuses are based on that number, and he won't put the number down in the post either. He'll just post how successful the character was and what bonuses (negative or positive) they got, if any.
#22 Posted: 20:37:47 23/01/2018
OOC: A number below 1? Yu means besides 0? It's the first I've heard of negative numbers in the game smilie
---
#23 Posted: 20:50:48 23/01/2018
Right. The numbers themselves don't matter to us, because it's simply a gauge for Lunarz to use based on an action's success. He's only using it to make actions depend on chance. The technicalities of it really only matter to Lunarz, because he's the one making the calculations.

Is this helpful? Do you have any other questions?

To reiterate what Lunarz is saying, this is just a possibility, it's not set in stone. He just wants to know if people want it or not. Would you like to try it and see if it works out for you, or would you rather keep it like a standard free-form RP?

EDIT: I'm going to move this conversation to pm/guestbook so we don't clog the topic here.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:00:02 23/01/2018 by Waaksian
#24 Posted: 21:16:10 23/01/2018
OOC: Thanks for the explanation. I understand better. Still, I do believe it will be a hard move to pull off. Let's just say the rest of the users agree with these terms, but if we see it doesn't work, then we'll continue the story as a standard RP (this is my last post until the story begins).
---
#25 Posted: 21:39:33 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
EDIT: We are going to try this idea, if people have questions just ask me, this won't come into place until a little later so don't worry.

As this is similar to DnD, I thought of an idea that you will all be able to have certain skills. I use die rolls to figure out how good you do when you do stuff with your skills, so if you attempt to do a backflip and shoot an arrow at someones a target that needs to open a secret door I can tell you how successful you are based on your skills that give you bonuses.

It's not that confusing I promise cx

The way this works is you can pick five skills, one that you can put 4 points into, two that you put 3 in and two you can put 1 in.

For example: if you wanted to investigate a room for clues, or shoot an arrow at an ogres eye, somewhere in you post you'd say "Gallan attempted to investigate the room for clues/a trapdoor/etc" or "Gallan attempted to do a backflip and 360 no scope the ogre" and I'll tell you how successful you are, most likely at the end of your post after youve said all you want to say you put your skill action if you want to use one. or like "gallan attempted to deceive the troll, he bowed down to his level and spoke gruffly" you've been infected...the only way to save yourself is to give us your money so we can enchant you" and ill tell you if the troll falls for it

The skills are follows.

Fight (Your skills in battle, this is basically just if you want to slay a 2 or 3 class enemy and you have a plus 4 you could do it, how well your physical attacks will do basically)
Strength (Ability to lift things, large weapons, boulders etc)
Magic (How often your magic will succeed and how many bonuses youll get)
Burglary (How successful you are at stealing, pickpocket-ing, picking locks
Stealth (Your ability to sneak past people, hide, etc)
Intelligence (Your mental strength)
Crafts (Your ability to make things)
Athletics (your speed and movement)
Deceit (Your ability to fool people)
Investigate (your perceptiveness, such as being able to find an item in a room or find a trapdoor)
Provoke (Basically intimidation, your ability to scare information out of someone)
Lore (Basically just if there's a monster, you can use lore to find its weakness)
Shoot (p obviously, increases your ability to throw things, aim and shoot a bow)
Perceptiveness (Your ability to tell if something isn't right or someone is lying)
Social (Your ability to gain information through people, your ability to gain trust.)

EDIT: So everyone should add a Skills: tab in their character sheet, you can pick any five, the layout is as follows. Skills: Lore 4, Intelligence 3, Crafts 3, Deceit 1, Shoot 1
but with your specific choices for skills.
(If you don't have say shoot as a skill you can still try to shoot or throw things, you just wont get the shiny bonus)
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 23:11:42 23/01/2018 by Lunarz
#26 Posted: 00:54:55 24/01/2018 | Topic Creator
//whoa just realized both felines and redwes's characters have a grandmother nymph who was the mother of your character's mothers

that's a p freaky coincidence :0

We'll start tomorrow, I want to give the last two people some time to post their sheets.//
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:22 24/01/2018 by Lunarz
#27 Posted: 01:26:02 24/01/2018
OOC: Just noticed myself. I promise-- they're aren't related. smilie smilie

As one final "anti-coincidence" update, I've changed Todd's grandparent to be that of an Halfling and specified an very specific/very short height.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:43:15 24/01/2018 by redwes
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#28 Posted: 18:35:51 24/01/2018
Salamander

Name: Phillip

Magical Power: Phillip has the – sometimes unfortunate – ability of turning his entire body into stone. There are advantages and disadvantages of this:

Strengths:
  • Damage/Pain resistence: Made of stone, Phillip cannot feel pain. It's more difficult to damage him as well, considering his stony composition. Any damage to the stone, however, does transfer to his human body once he changes back to an organic form.
  • Enhanced Strength: Phillip is physically stronger as a stone statue.

Weaknesses:
  • Limited Mobility: Phillip's ability to move around as a statue is severely limited. Made of stone, he is slower and far less flexible.
  • Dulled Senses: His five basic senses are either dulled or completely nullified in his stone form. His senses of taste, touch, and smell disappear completely, while his senses of sight and hearing are hampered; he cannot see or hear as well in his stone form.
  • Lowered Intelligence: As a stone, Phillip is, you could say, literally as dumb as a box of rocks. It would make sense, considering that's what his brain is made of at the moment. In this state, he's basically a toy soldier ready to be given orders, as his ability to think for himself is quite hindered, and his responses are usually of a limited vocabulary.
  • Lessened Humanity: Phillip's emotions are dulled when he is made of stone.
  • Stealth: Phillip's hard surface and considerable weight as a stone statue makes stealth quite impossible, for who could miss the clunking around of a stone man?

Personality: Phillip is the sort of person who tends to only speak when spoken to, and even then, his replies are often short and to the point. He is not unfriendly, exactly, but he's hardly amiable as he prefers to focus on his work. Lacking in subtlety, he can come off as rude or callous when in fact he is usually just being brutally honest. Speaking of honesty, Phillip is almost completely incapable of lying, as being forthcoming has been ingrained in him. He possesses the general demeanor of a loyal soldier. He's not very bright, as he's used to simply following orders, and does not do very well with decision-making.

In his stone form, Phillip might be considered more machine-like or even dog-like. He is fiercely loyal to whomever he feels has authority over him and will follow their orders without question.

Background: Phillip knows nothing of his true ancestry. He believes that the guardsman and his wife who raised him are his biological family. His adoptive father was a strict man who taught him quite literally everything he knows. He grew up heavily influenced by his father's profession as a guardsman for the small town they lived in. It never really occurred to Phillip to become anything else. He followed in his father's footsteps and became a guardsman himself, protecting his little town from any creature who tried to do it harm. Upon receiving his letter, he felt an obligation to heed its words, though admittedly, away from his commanding officer and all that he has known his entire life, he is somewhat at a loss for what exactly to do.

Appearance:
Phillip is somewhat of an ox of a young man, having the build of an individual who has clearly spent much of his time engaged in combat training. He has a broad torso and stands at about 5'9. His limbs and digits are rather muscular, though not excessively so. He has tan skin – in his organic form, at least – and dark brown hair that is cut very short in a military sort of fashion. His eyes are hazel. His apparel consists of a guardsman's uniform.

Skills: Fight 4, Strength 3 (in stone form, no bonus strength in organic form), Magic 3, Investigate 1, Lore 1

Other: He carries a longsword as his weapon.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
#29 Posted: 18:41:44 24/01/2018 | Topic Creator
//accepted :0
i wanna wait a little while to begin, I want to give the last person another chance to get in a character but if not, I'll begin today later on//
---
#30 Posted: 20:00:15 24/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Far away from the 'hustle and bustle' of the towns, villages, castles and kingdom of the realm of Alagorn, there sat a large field, green, luscious pristine grass covered the entire valley, flowers of gold and silver, blue and pink, red and yellow, white and orange blossomed in perfect circles, in the middle of each tall green stems ending in white and blue lily-esque petals. Dew from light rain the previous night shone brightly in the sun, glistening in a perfect array of bliss. To the average man it would seem that there was nothing but miles and miles of beauty to behold within the valley, not a single blade of grass was tampered with, but to those with the Heart of a Hero, a large white and blue dome, protected by perception magic resided in the middle of said valley. It was the home base for the Wielders of Magic. Inside the dome, down a hallway and a magic lift that went down into the depths of the ground there sat a large room adorned with banners all presenting different symbols lined the high walls, all the most powerful wizards, sorcerers and sorceresses, practitioners, witch's and warlocks, and many others sat around a large rectangular table made out of beautifully crafted pure mahogany. Chatter echoed throughout the room as each man and woman, orc and half-elf, lycanthrope, dragon-kin and many other species whispered in worry at the situation that was at hand. Finally, a tall man standing at least 6"4' rose, he wore a long yellow robe, and held a wooden staff with a crescent moon carved atop. The stick was rich with symbols carved into its long body. The wizard spoke in a calm, soft, old, low, serious and somewhat cracking voice voice.

"Calm down my brothers and sisters for soon we will be met by the new Saviors of our Realm, and though they may not know it yet they will become strong and they will save us from the plague of darkness that is overshadowing the realm.....They must. God I pray that they must..."

Another wizard who wore a large orange cloak arose and spoke. "But Aldoron, you remember the first time the Darkness hit, we sent our bravest warriors and still they couldn't enter the Caves, just because these are the offspring of our Saviors does not mean that they can enter the Caves. We not yet know if it is due to genetics or if the Cave just chooses who may enter at random."

Once more another stood, this time one wearing a red cloak, his voice was gruff, not like that of Aldoron's whose was soft and calm. "I agree, Persivius, we know not yet enough about the Caves to send children inside, doing such could be a suicide mission."

One by one Magic Wielders began to rise and speak their minds until Aldoron grew tired of the bickering and slammed his cane on the ground, something that caused all of the Magic Wielders other than him to freeze in their places. "Silence! These children WILL find the caves, and they WILL be allowed to enter them. You ask me how I know that they will be able to accomplish this task, and I have but a simple answer to this complicated question; I. Have. Faith." With that he slammed his cane again and all of the Wielders regained the ability to move and so they returned to their seats, after which a man came running through the doors.

"Masters! One of them has arrived!"

"Good." Aldoron said calmly. "Send them in and if any others arrive send them in aswell."

The man nodded and ran out. After a few moments the doors swung open again but this time a boy entered. He wore rags that were very unimpressive and would have merited a beat up if he'd been seen by any higher class men. "I was told to come here from a letter I received." He spoke softly.

"Please my boy, do not be afraid. Do take a seat, we will be starting shortly."

The boy did as told and took a seat at the table, his quiet demeanor was almost off putting, it was as if he'd seen a Cerberus straight from hell and lived to tell the tale, but there was no time for counseling or consoling, the matter was far too serious and Aldoron could only do so much.

Aldoron smiled and just sat there quietly. "All will be answered when the others arrive."

A few of the other Magic Wielders stared at Gallan with bated breath, some with judgment in their eyes, but yet, some with hope, and some with tears. It was clear how serious this was, and Gallan was all too familiar. He'd witnessed the horrors of death, blood gushing through streets and being carried by the drenching rain throughout his village, he remembered dismembered body parts found randomly on the ground, he remembered the screams of women that had been brutally attacked, he remembered the screams of men that had been torn apart, he remembered it all. He wished he didn't, he so desperately wishes he hadn't remembered, but when the Darkness came the first time, it was horror, it was absolutely terrible, the things that a young boy at the age of 7 had to witness. He still had nightmares, every time he closed his eyes he saw that horrible cyclops, staring down at him with its horrible single eye, he could see the hatred, the love of killing in its large black eye. When he closed his eyes he saw the Cyclops kill his friends, his animals that he loved so much. He never wanted to see anything like that again.

Aldoron had noticed the horror in Gallan's face, he spoke softly and kindly. "You are Gallan Grimbly. You will be extraordinary. I promise. Please, take deep breaths, the other children will be here soon."

Edit: Just some grammar stuff
---
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 21:01:54 11/04/2018 by Lunarz
#31 Posted: 20:35:04 24/01/2018
OOC: Edit that last post to continue the story and save the pages. I changed mine to include the dome.

Less than an hour later, a tall young lady with a thick cloak came into the valley, a little impressed that this was truly the place she was looking for. She had a dream once of this valley, and a self-proclaimed clairvoyant pointed her to this place, not expecting to find it at the exact same place she told her.
"Look Adaon. Ain't it a beauty?" she spoke to her pocket, addressing to a winged, serpent-like creature living there. The critter simply gave a blink and continued sleeping, not bothering to look outside. The girl simply rolled her eyes and continued staring at this place, which was a pleasant change from all the harsh terrain she endured lately. She was tempted to explore the dome beyond, but she didn't believe it to be a good idea. She instead tried to find a place to rest, wanting to ignore the building at the distance...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:39 24/01/2018 by Felines
#32 Posted: 20:44:24 24/01/2018 | Topic Creator
//Oh for anyone who didn't understand, I should have been clearer, you can all see the dome in the valley, I just wanted to post that so everyone knows cx, that's my bad. MY FIRST AND ONLY MISTAKE I PROMISE.//
---
#33 Posted: 22:04:45 24/01/2018
With the letter in hand and the pendant around her neck, Muta left her village and made the trek to where she was requested to meet. It was a long journey, but she honestly didn't mind. If anything, she anticipated the moment she would finally get there and find out for herself what this letter was all about. Granted, Muta knew it involved the disasters that had been happening as of late, but she didn't know for sure how it involved her. All she knew were the stories her uncle had told her, but even he didn't explain everything. Perhaps he did that for her own protection, but those days were over.

Muta couldn't just hide away in the shop anymore, which honestly suited her just fine. She had always had a sort of itch for adventure, a certain drive to leave home to go on a journey of some sort. She couldn't quite explain why, but she just felt it was something that she needed to do. Maybe it was just for the sake of traveling and seeking thrills. Regardless of the reason, though, her uncle always insisted otherwise. He would always go on the same old spiel, about how she was a natural born blacksmith and that she belonged there in the shop. Muta always sort of felt like it was a lie, but she humored him anyway.

Yet she still practiced using the weapons she had learned to make whenever she wasn't crafting. At first, she trained in secret, so as not to risk upsetting her uncle. However, it didn't take him long to find out. To keep him from worrying, she told a lie that she was simply testing out the weapons to make sure they were good enough to be sold. Muta wasn't sure if he believed her, for he didn't really say anything, rather he just left her to do as she wished. So she continued to train, and it appears all that hard work may finally serve a purpose.

The young half-orc had reached her destination at long last. She paused a moment to take in the scenery. With such a lovely field, she couldn't help but stare for a moment. She took a deep breath to get her lungs full of that fresh air. Muta was in no particular hurry to leave this view behind, but she knew there was business to attend to. Thanks to the pendant, and the rather hard to miss landmark, she figured this must be the place.

That big, fancy dome ought to be it. Sure looks important enough. Better head in, don't want to be late. Muta approached the dome whilst still casually looking around the area.
---
#34 Posted: 23:02:35 24/01/2018
Phillip stood at the edge of the valley, concern in his eyes. He didn't particularly like this valley. Oh, it certainly had its aesthetic appeal, but he was looking at it from a more tactical perspective. He didn't like the thought of going down there when something or someone else could very well lie in wait in the surrounding hills. Perhaps he was being far too cynical of the beautiful landscape, but he had to be. Whereas anyone else might be lulled into a sense of security by the gorgeous surroundings, it did little to calm his nerves. He had been alone on this long journey, alone with no one's orders to follow but writing on a piece of parchment telling him to come here. He did not like the thought of leaving his little town behind, nor did he like the idea of leaving his fellow guardsman. Supposedly he was here in order to... what, exactly? The letter spoke of perils that were to come, perils that perhaps he was expected to fight back against.

He hardly saw what the trinket had anything to do with it. Examining the pendent that had been sent along with the letter, he vaguely wondered what its purpose was. Perhaps it was an emblem of some sort. It was the only explanation he could come up with. Shaking his head, he began his descent down into the valley. He knew not what awaited him in this dome, if anything, but his commander had encouraged him to follow the letter's instructions, so here he was.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
#35 Posted: 23:22:01 24/01/2018
While a few headed to the dome, Eydis took no notice. She was the only one who didn't want to enter the dome. She decided to surround it instead... until one involuntary look at her other pocket gave away the motive she was there. There was a letter and a pendant, something she didn't recall receiving. She then came to the conclusion that the old clairvoyant slipped it there after she refused to continue listening to the old hag's rambling. They were instruction, that led to the dome she was staring at at that very moment. There was something... off about the pendant. She could feel some magic within it, but at the moment, it didn't pass to her mind that it was thanks to that valuable jewel that she managed to reach such a sacred place. Eydis was now tempted to enter the dome, but was still skeptical. What if somebody meant her harm inside? Why was the old woman so keen on her finding this legendary place?
---
#36 Posted: 00:01:19 25/01/2018
The tranquility of the flora blanketing the hills was disturbed where muddied, calloused feet stomped with disregard. A trail of crushed flowers led to where a young man was trudging through the fields. Rubbing his nose with a rough hand, the scaly protrusion bending as he brushed it, Nolis caught sight of his destination. That had to be it; the pendant in his satchel gave him certainty, somehow. The letter had also mentioned a sort of dome. And it was also the only building he had seen for miles, so there was that. Mentally fortifying himself for when he'd have to place himself under servitude to who knows how many complete strangers, he continued on, his posture straightening by the fewest of inches.

Under any other circumstance, Nolis would have never left his grandfather's cozy house and the quiet town it sat in. The woodland surrounding it was full of abandoned, old trails to long gone villages, and was full of forgotten, weathered junk that he'd spend hours upon hours scavenging through. However, the fact that those villages were gone were sort of the point. Years ago, while he was still a small child, an outbreak of ogre attacks plagued their section of the realm, decimating and burning so many homelands to the ground. Nolis and his immediate family were, fortunately, spared this fate... at least, he and his grandfather, anyway. He had no idea what happened to his parents after they left that fateful day, but it was safe to assume it was probably the worst. That aside, peace had been miraculously restored, and for a long time he had no worries of war and pillaging. Unfortunately, yet again it was disturbed when the raiders came again, a harbinger of the Darkness's return. His home had only suffered mild attacks up to this point, a few sparse groups of creatures destroying property and injuring village folk. But anyone knew it would only grow worse and worse unless someone put a stop to it.

Despite everything, his asocial temperament, his dislike of leaving his comfort zone, he was more than happy for a call for action. The letter explicitly said that the Darkness was coming, and he would rather be doing something about it than sitting at home and waiting for someone to fix it for him. It wouldn't be as pleasant, but he certainly--

He caught sight of a figure a few yards away. It was a person, apparently going the same direction as he. Why wouldn't they be, that building was the only one in sight, right? He must not have been the only one they-- whoever "they" are-- had sent for. Nolis continued, not making the effort to get closer, but continued to observe them... her. Greenish skin. Tusks. How interesting-- she must not have been from his homeland. Were there more people coming? Well, that answered his question. Two more people came into sight: they seemed strictly human in appearance, but their attire struck him as unfamiliar, foreign, even. They must have been from all over the realm. And if that was the case, it could only mean that this problem was bigger than he had thought... or wished.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:06:34 25/01/2018 by Waaksian
#37 Posted: 04:46:33 25/01/2018
OOC: I've added an IMAGE of Todd via Hero Forge®, an custom miniature creator/generator designed for Pathfinder and D&D. smilie

Elsewhere in the valley-- another adventurer was making his way towards the huge dome. With the pendent in hand and the mysterious letter that had been delivered to his little abode, the nearly halfling-sized human named Todd looked up at the distant dome and wondered what adventures would await him. 'It's just like in my dreams-- only I'm actually here. And why exactly did I agree to come again?,' he thought to himself. When he had received the letter, he had first thought it was joke-- who who want or NEED a little fellow like him 'saving the world.' He almost didn't come at all until his adopted father persuaded him to... promising that he would meet new friends and get to explore the world for his own good. 'Ah well-- it's not like my plants were growing anyway and its not like I have anything else to do.,' he thought again to himself.

The same night he received the letter was the same night he had found himself in that strange dream. He was in a vast field or valley much like the one he was in now-- and he remembered seeing a big dome off in the distance. It was almost calling to him and the next he knew.. he wasn't even himself anymore. One moment he was simply his human self and the next.. he was barely a foot tall and he had a tail. He remembered looking down and seeing not two but FOUR short legs. And as he found a small puddle, he looked into the reflection and realized-- he had turned into some kind of small fox-like creature. 'And that was when I woke up. And here I am now.,' he thought again looking down at his self and the pendent. He knew the pendent had some kind of power, but why would it make him dream of being a fox?

As he looked into the distance, he saw other figures seemingly going towards the same place. They looked mostly human as far as he could tell and they were tall, but then again who wasn't taller then him? Even his own parents were at least a foot taller then him. He kept walking and began to approach the dome. Who knows-- maybe he would meet up with one of the other figures and someone could finally explain what was going on here..
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:54:35 25/01/2018 by redwes
#38 Posted: 05:03:43 25/01/2018 | Topic Creator
It was odd, most places in the realm, albeit at the very least from small damages from things like feral animals or pouring rain, had been damaged in some capacity, but this valley was pristine, almost as if some sort of magic protected it, like an aura encompassed the valley like some sort of force field.

As the band of children gathered to enter inside the large dome that took up a good portion of the large, peaceful, and juxtaposition-ally and ironically beautiful fields of flora, the door to the large dome swung upon, blue light from the blue and white flamed torches that lined across the walls on the inside shone through the large hollow hallway that had presented itself behind the large wooden doors, the skies grew dark over the valley, as if rain clouds had magical appeared. A large, looming shadow presented itself as the doors opened and at the base of that shadow...A small man standing at 4'8", a small taupe staff in his left hand, he walked with a limp. The small man hobbled through the doors. "Hmm?" He looked around at the children that stood in the valley, before speaking with a semi-high voice. "Oh! Oh you are...Oh I am so so sorry, ah, let me...Ahem, hold on, sorry." The man rose his staff to the sky and the depressing blueish-gray rain clouds began to dissipate, laying waste to themselves, revealing the big, beautiful shining sun that had been hidden from sight.

"I am Candauros, The 's' is silent" The small man who was donned in a tiny blue and white robe scratched his head, some of his thin white hair falling slowly and silently to the ground, he was shedding like a dog. "Erm, Come, come on! Come with me! I'm sure you have many many questions, and Aldoron will have many many many answers. I added an extra 'many' to imply how smart Aldoron is, erm...Yes, anyways, follow me, It's safe I promise." The man trailed on, but he seemed friendly enough, a smile always on his face that crinkled his long nose. The hobbled down the long hallway, leading the children behind him, they passed countless doors, it was as if the hallway never ended, but finally it did. There was a large wooden circle that they stood on and when the wizard slammed his staff down upon it it began to lower, down to the basement, far from the evil confines of the outside world.

Finally Candauros had brought the children to the room that held all the most powerful magic users from the land of Alagorn.

----

Gallan turned, his face unchanging, but his mind puzzled at just exactly what was going on. This wasn't in the letter. I don't feel unsafe but...This isn't right, something's wrong...What is this meeting about, all these people are so young... The thoughts raced through Gallan's mind like a hungry dog chasing a plucked chicken.

-----

Aldoron stood from his seat and shot a beaming smile at the children. "Ah, you have all finally arrived, so punctual, so convenient that you are all here at the same time. Please. Take a seat, each of you. Get comfy, we have food on the table if you wish to try it."

Aldoron's demeanor and tone became serious after that moment. It was as if something was weighing down on him, something very heavy, the sadness could be felt throughout the room. He had to tell the children the truth, he'd run the scenario through his head over and over again but he never planned for it to be so difficult, the way this felt, what he had to tell these children. They were so young and yet the truth had to be told, it was inevitable. The wizard cleared his throat and stroked his beard a few times, his eyes closed, perhaps to avoid having to look at the children directly...No, he had to do this right. He opened his eyes and put his hands together.

"I am so so sorry. That is the first thing you absolutely need to know."

Gallan was puzzled even more now, was this man about to give a eulogy? Something was up. But Gallan intended to stick it out til the end.

Aldoron decided to start off slow, he wanted to ease the children in. He'd lift their spirits before having to break them. "Welcome all to the Lair of the Wielders of Magic! I am sure you are all aware of the current situation with the Realm, whether you'd heard from word of mouth or if from the fact that your village had been destroyed, either way I am here to confirm these rumors that the Darkness is rising just like it did so long ago. My name is Aldoron and I am the Grand Chief Wizard of the Wielders of Magic or WoM for shirt. Now before I continue I must let you know you needn't worry about being found here, Myself and a couple dozen other Magic Wielders have cast a spell upon this dome so that only those with the Heart of the Hero may see it." He paused. "Ah, The Heart of the Hero is a term we magic wielders use, one with The Heart of the Hero is one of bravery, whether they know it or not, it is one who is willing to lay everything on the line in order to protect their loved ones and the world they live in...Since you've all been able to gain access it is safe to assume you all possess The Heart of the Hero..." He whispered to himself. "Unless..." He shook it off, but before he could speak again...

Gallan had shifted up straight in his chair. He was quite excited and also nervous, he didn't exactly know what was happening or who these people were but for some reason he felt safe with them, it was as if there were some sort of magical aura surrounding him. "I'm sorry to interrupt!" He said as he shot his hand up into the air. "But, what exactly are we doing here? If this Darkness that you speak of is truly coming then shouldn't we be at home with our families?"

"Please, Gallan, put your hand down, we need not be so formal. All will be answered shortly." He then paused for a moment, trying to remember what he was saying previously. "Now, I know you are all curious as to why you have these pendents and why you were called here..." He took another pause but this time it was because he wasn't exactly sure how to break the news of what he was about to say next. He could not even imagine the weight of what he was about to say, he hoped it wouldn't crush them all. However he realized it was happy news aswell, they would know the truth, they would know the courage and heroics their parents displayed. This made him feel much more confident. "Now I know this may be difficult for you to hear considering some of you never knew your real parents or maybe even thought you were abandoned, I am here to tell you this was not the case. You are all the children of great warriors....You see ten years ago the very same thing happened, darkness was unleashed upon the land and your parents rose to the occasion. They stopped the Darkness from rising...Unfortunately they perished in doing so. They were true heroes." Aldoron hated being so quick to change the subject but it was gravely important. The Wizard cleared his throat. "There is a place called the Crystal Caves and inside these Caves is what is called the Crystal Sphere, a large ball of magical energy that fuels our magic throughout this Realm. Only a select few can enter these Caves and it seems that someone has, they have held themselves up in the Caves and have begun to build themselves a fortress inside of them. This Great Evil has disturbed the Sphere and is working on taking its powers for themselves. This is where you come in. These pendents protect you from losing your magic, it was our last effort in saving this Realm, it took most of our Magic power, we have to stay here to recharge, so we can't be of much more help magic wise... You may not know it but you all have incredible powers that you may know or or maybe have yet to be unlocked, but they will be unlocked in time. I know that it is a lot to ask of you children but we need you to go to these Caves and stop this evil. I hope you can understand how important this is."
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:34:07 25/01/2018 by Lunarz
#39 Posted: 06:31:00 25/01/2018 | Topic Creator
(Cont.)

Tears welled up in Gallan's eyes at the truth of his parents, he didn't know whether to believe it, but it made sense...Nobody would tell him why they left, and somewhat shortly after they had, the world had gone back to being normal. Gallan wiped the tears off his face, holding more back as he raised his hand once more. "Sir. How do you know we can enter these caves?"

Aldoron slowly stroked his beard before speaking again. "I have faith. You are the offspring of our Saviors, and thus you shall become the new Saviors. We understand if you wish to back out of this quest but please know that you are our only hope. It will be a long and treacherous journey filled with hardships and dangers beyond your wildest fantasies. The journey will last you weeks, but we believe that you together can accomplish this task. Are there any questions?"
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:34:37 25/01/2018 by Lunarz
#40 Posted: 06:51:33 25/01/2018
As he explained the situation and why they had been called there-- he found himself doubting the faith this "Aldoron" apparently had in their so-called abilities. As far as he was concerned, the most he could do was occasionally talk to a forest critter and hope that he could understand its response... and now he and this ragtag group of teens barely older then he was were expected to enter some magical cave and safe the world? He had a hard time believing it at first, but THEY certainly seemed to believe in it. And what was this about his parents-- he knew he was adopted, but surely his parents would have at some point told him that he was this grand mighty "abandoned offspring of a Savior."

Todd slowly spoke up, holding his tongue at first as to wait for someone else to ask first. "Uh... sir? Aldoron? I-- I don't mean to ruin your parade, but how do you know that we actually have these so-called magical powers? I mean, even if we are the supposed offspring of the Saviors, what are the chances are we are just originality children? Without any world-saving powers I mean..." he then said publicly doubting himself as well as the others.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:52:04 25/01/2018 by redwes
#41 Posted: 14:06:44 25/01/2018
From the children, the only one what was still outside was Eydis. She didn't noticed anyone only until she surrounded the dome and reached it's entrance, still keeping a distance. She saw a group of... people, entering the dome. Was there a convention or something? Although it made her more curious, she was still cautious, and she refused to enter the dome. She couldn't be invited, could she? The letter was slipped to her pocket, not given, but them again, the old lady perhaps meant to give it to her later on. After much skepticism, it was Adaon himself who encouraged her to go. He briefly poke his head out of the pocket and pointed her to the dome, encouraging her to go. After much insistence, Eydis was finally convinced, but since she arrived late, she doubted the door was open.
"Well, I tried." she said to her pet, who ironically went to her pocket again and resumed the almost endless slumber he usually was in.
---
#42 Posted: 19:57:19 25/01/2018 | Topic Creator
As Candauros looked through the room, his tiny beady eyes darting around, looking at all the children he'd gathered, he almost gave a loud audible gasp; he'd completely forgotten about Eydis, he hadn't even seen her outside. his small stature must have attributed to him not being able to see past any hills, unlike most of the other wizards who stood around six foot tall or more, Candauros was the smallest of them all, and while he was never once treated differently he sometimes did feel a fool for his disadvantages.

The small wizard rushed to the lift, rode it up, dashed down the hallway, swung open the doors and was ready to go on a hunt but before him stood the girl. "O-oh! Oh I am so sorry! I must have missed you! You are Eydis, yes? Ah, yes, we hope you got your letter, we weren't able to give it to you directly, we couldn't find you for some reason, so we left it with someone trusted in the Wielders guild, she said she'd find you. "Oh! Yes, we mustn't dawdle, you have already missed so much! I can..." Candauros bowed his head down and removed him tall blue wizard's cap in grief. "I can relay the contents of what has happened to you through a mind slideshow technique, you'll be able to see and hear everything I saw in the meeting that you had missed..." His voice had changed from its usual happy tone. "It may be difficult for you, but if you want answers...Understand if you choose to not help us, we understand, it is a large burden to bear, but once I show you this mind slideshow you must at least come and hear us out before you make that decision." Before even waiting for her answer, he placed a finger on her forehead, sending eye witness sights and sounds of Aldoron's entire speech and of the all the other children that sat there, straight into Eydis's mind, she would now know about the true nature of her parents and their deaths, and the journey she had been requested for. As Candauros removed his finger he tried to offer a smile. "Please. Take your time. But we need you. You are so important in this journey. If you choose to hear us out, please, follow me." With that, Candauros made his way to the lift, hoping the girl would follow, he would answer any questions or concerns she had just so long as she chose to follow.

-----

Aldoron turned his attention to his first question, well not counting Gallan who had been asking nonstop. It was Todd, the half half-halfing, so to speak, Aldoron knew of his ancestry, he had done his research on these children. The wizard stared into the boys green eyes, thinking for a moment before answering. "Todd. When two magic wielders, ahem, 'get together' and have a child, that child possesses magical qualities aswell, magic is an aura, it's not an art that can be easily taught, and with parents as powerful as yours, and Todd, your parents...I knew them well and they were indeed powerful, I am absolutely certain you contain power as great or even greater than theirs, you just may not yet know it. Everyone here contains a unique power, and still have so much more to be unlocked. Aswell as what I expressed earlier: I have faith. Todd, you will be magnificent. You will all be magnificent"
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:16:02 25/01/2018 by Lunarz
#43 Posted: 20:36:18 25/01/2018
Nolis sat with his legs propped on the seat, body leaning forward on them, as he attended the gathering. He wasn't entirely sure what to expect in the first place. The plans and intentions of these people were a mystery to him, other than to recruit a defense against the Darkness. When he set foot into the dome, he was expecting instructions-- which he had gotten. Not before the revelation that the fate of his parents had been known, and just how important their journey all those years ago had been.

Nolis wasn't entirely sure how he felt about it, either. He was never one to be in touch with his own feelings, and he was largely unemotional as it was. But something... ate at him. It welled up in his gut and made his hands tense. The information regarding caves and some great evil was overshadowed by this... this feeling of...

When this figurehead-- Aldoron-- further elaborated on their parents' involvement, and how they apparently were a part of this establishment and knew each other, he finally realized what was overwhelming him. He felt angry. He felt wronged. This was wrong. Nolis had long since accepted that his parents were never coming back, but he should have had the right to know what had happened. He shouldn't have been left in the dark. They should've have done something.

He hardly registered the uplifting argument regarding the powers they all apparently possessed-- what he had just learned was too much to take. Struggling to keep an even tone, he demanded answers.

"You knew who they were," he began, in a quiet, yet sharp voice, not bothering to ask permission, "you sent them on the first journey, and you knew they had kids-- us. And you wait-- for ten years-- to finally tell us what happened to them?" He had had his eyes squeezed shut, brows furrowed, up until this point, his glare now piercing through Aldoron. "Why? Why did you leave us to wonder all this time?" The top canines of his teeth flared the slightest amount. "Were we not worth the effort?"
#44 Posted: 21:46:26 25/01/2018
When Eydis was done with the vision, she took a brief moment to take it all in. She understood what the one called Adoron meant. She knew about the war that took place ten years ago from some of the passing strangers she met in her travels, and even knew about the Crystal Caves and their valuable content, although she doubted their existence until today. If this was the lair of the Wielders of Magic, that explained why the pendant she has delivered magic she could so easily feel. If this place existed, she was having second thoughts about the magical caves as well. However, despite following the speech she missed very well, there was something she refused to believe;
"I think you're mistaken sir. My real parents weren't some legendary heroes. My mother was a clay maker and my father a farmer. You can't get any more normal than that." Eydis expressed, refusing to believe she was adopted. She believed that her magic came from someone else along those people's lines, though her (foster) parents never touched that subject. Before the dwarf could say anything however, she gave a response.
"I will help your cause, but not for some mere destiny or to do anyone a favor. If this mission can help me grow and make me more powerful, it will make me strong enough to face those filthy ogres that killed my parents." Eydis said with a cold voice, demonstrating without ease her strong desire for revenge.
---
#45 Posted: 22:09:27 25/01/2018
Phillip stood off to the side of the room instead of sitting down, his back straight as if standing at attention and a hand resting on the hilt of his longsword. Despite his outward appearance, he still wasn't sure how he felt about all of this, of these old men and the others of his age group who had also shown up. He knew not who these wizards were, but he could sense a sort of wisdom and authority about them, so he listened quietly to what the one named Aldoron had to say. He had hoped this meeting would provide some answers as to why he, and all of these others, were here, but the man's speech only brought forth a slew of questions to his mind. Surely he was not adopted as the man claimed them all to be. All he has ever known is his life with his father and mother, a life as the son of a guardsman from a small town far from here. He didn't see how his parents could possibly be anyone else, parents who he should have known for the first decade of his life. Why could he not remember them? Well, magic, he supposed, could do just about whatever it wanted, couldn't it? The thought intimidated him.

And the wizard's insistence that they all held some great power. Though he didn't voice it, he felt that surely they must be mistaken. Phillip didn't have the slightest bit of magic about him. He was a swordsman, not a... a magician. He's never shown any sort of magical talent in his life. If they needed something to fight against the Darkness, then fight he could, but not with wand-waving. He looked to the others. Were they just as confused as he?

Apparently they were, for they each had their questions of their own.

At the lizardman's accusation, Phillip's brow furrowed. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to feel. It struck him as rather sad, however, that he never had wondered all this time. Whether a good thing or a bad thing, he's never wondered about his ancestry. Hell, he didn't know that he should have been wondering about his ancestry up until this point. He felt somewhat out of the loop, and who wouldn't? He's just learned that his parents, his parents that he's thought he's known all of his life, are actually dead, that they died on a mission to save the world, and that as their descendant, it was his duty to... what? Do the same once again at these Crystal Caves? He grimaced. Part of him wished someone would just point him to a target and spare him the talk.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:25:43 25/01/2018 by Wylrin
#46 Posted: 22:22:19 25/01/2018
Muta didn't hesitate to follow the small wizard, Candauros, into the dome. Despite the apparent storm clouds that had magically disappeared as quickly as they had appeared, and not knowing for sure what lie ahead, she felt oddly at ease about it all. Muta couldn't quite explain it, but she just had a good feeling about this place, like she was meant to be here somehow. It didn't make much sense to her, but she had a tendency to trust her instincts, and this time was no exception.

When offered a place to sit and a bite to eat, the young half-orc was quick to help herself. It had been a long journey here and she had quite the appetite. Muta plopped down in a seat and immediately took two drumsticks from the table, one in each hand. She dug in, taking big bites, and at first seemingly only focusing on the food in front of her. However, the old wizard's words didn't fall on deaf ears. Muta had been actively listening, occsionally looking up from her food to scan the room. At first, she hardly seemed phased by anything said. However, her devouring of food had slowed to a near complete stop as the topic of parents had been brought up.

Her parents had been warriors, Saviors even? All those stories her uncle had told her were actually starting to make sense. He never fully explained everything, but Muta vividly remembered him saying that her parents did a lot of traveling. That's why she had been left in his care, and had almost no memories of actually being with her parents, since they were off on journies so often. Her uncle had mentioned that those journies were important and dangerous, but he never explicitly explained why, or what these journies were about. He just promised that Muta wasn't abandonned, and that her parents loved her, but they just couldn't risk raising her and potentially getting her hurt. Now she finally knew why.

She never realized just how important they were. Did her uncle know all this time? Why couldn't he just explain it to her? Why did it have to be such a big secret for all these years? Muta slammed a fist down on the table, the bone of the drumstick crumbled in her hand. She stared down at the table, not meeting anyone's gaze. She didn't want to blame anyone or take her anger out on anyone, especially not her uncle, but she couldn't help but be upset. Muta felt she had a right to know what had happened to her parents. Why didn't anyone bother to tell her until now? Perhaps she would have voiced these thoughts, had someone else not beaten her to the punch.
---
#47 Posted: 22:47:39 25/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Aldoron had pictured this moment a hundred times at least in his mind, he knew that not all the children would be understand, hell he wasn't sure if any would be. He stood stiffly, he wanted to be careful with how he answered the young boy, Nolis's, question. He knew that telling them everything would be difficult, he knew that they may decline the request, he knew that they could riot, throw things: food, chairs, tantrums, he knew there would be tears and heartache, and thankfully he actually had an answer for Nolis's question.

"Your parents were brave." Aldoron glanced around the room, making sure to look every one of the children in the eyes. "You must put yourselves in their positions. They had children, they wanted to protect you. Ten years ago your parents gathered in this very room to discuss something very important. Not the Darkness, but you. Their beloved children. They were going against evil so great they knew that they needed to protect you. They all agreed that if they died you would never know of your true ancestry. If the Evil One ever found out about you...Well he was able to enter the caves, do you truly thing Darkness Protection Magic barriers around your towns and villages would keep him out? The Evil One could never know about you, he could have used Memory Tracking magic to find you, he could have used Magical Frequencies to read the thoughts of every child in the realm, and if any of you had a trace of knowing your parents had been saviors he would have killed you. Alternatively, if you had known, they knew that you might seek revenge and further, get yourself killed aswell. Deciding not to tell you that they left to give their lives to save your lives was the hardest thing they ever had to do. They were not selfish. They were brave. And you should all be proud of your parentage. I know this is difficult, and you are so young, but you are our only hope. You can decide now. Do you want to honor your parents, follow in their footsteps, save this world. Or will you walk out that door. Stay, or go. You must decide."

-----

Gallan's tear still leaked from his big brown eyes, he kept wiping them but they would not subsist. He had so many questions, he had so many concerns, he was so afraid but...For some reason. He knew he had to do this, he had been given so much to take in and maybe it was the shock speaking but he knew. The young boy raised his hand once more. "Mr. Aldoron, Sir. Um, I...I can't just let my parents legacy go to waste..." He stood from his seat and addressed the other children that sat around the table. "I don't know any of you but, don't you think we owe this to our real parents? I mean...The memories I have of them are so little, but their love is so strong inside of me and I think we need to repay their love, their sacrifice...But..." He sunk back into his seat. "I guess I could be wrong..."

-----
Thankfully for Eydis, Candauros's Mind Slideshow didn't wear off, Candauros had linked his Mind Slideshow with Andoron's, so that Eydis could see and hear through Aldoron's eye at everything being said, until she was in the room.
---
#48 Posted: 23:07:02 25/01/2018
Eydis continued to head into the room until she finally reached the meeting and the mental slideshow disappeared, being no need for it. She didn't want to look embarrassed for arriving this late, so she acted as if she was simply sidetracked for a brief moment (which she kinda was).
"At least we had somebody to take care of us, to love is, to let us be children for as long as it could last. Some never know what family is, and others can't even have a proper childhood for one reason or another." Eydis said serenely, looking directly at Nolis. She understood why anyone would be upset to be kept from the truth, and even if the folks she knew all her life weren't her real parents, she wasn't angry at them. Why should she? She was grateful for providing her with their love, even if she wasn't their own blood. She was grateful that she could be kept away from the painful truth for this long and have a decent childhood. Everything went downhill with the ogre's arrival, but she still cherished those memories when she was just that, a small yet magical child who was having an ordinary, peaceful life, even if the outcome was so horrible.
---
#49 Posted: 23:33:22 25/01/2018
Muta closed her eyes tightly in thought. The old wizard's words made sense. Maybe that was why her uncle seemed to know more than what he was willing to tell. Maybe that was why he was always so dodgey of questions, always trying to distract her with a different story, or a job as a blacksmith. He definitely didn't seem to want her to train or leave the village. It was all finally coming together. It sounded like the truth, but it was still a lot to take in. Her parents were Saviors? Magical Saviors? Did Muta really have magic herself?

Everything else was a lot to deal with emotionally, but at least it all made sense in her mind, based on what she knew already. It went along with the few things her uncle actually did tell her. Magic, however? He completely left that part out. While the reasoning made sense, Muta could hardly believe that she posessed magical abilities. To her knowledge, she had no skill or experiance with magic. She had never used magic before. Sure, she could craft weapons and wield them, but she hadn't been taught anything about magic. Couldn't she just use a blade instead? Muta didn't understand at all how she was supposed to use magic.

The young half-orc had no issues with going on an adventure of her own. The idea always seemed to call out to her. She figured perhaps the same was true of her parents. So she had no problem going off to save the world, especially if they had done the same thing. Muta did want to honor them, their legacy. However, she just wasn't sure how exactly she was supposed to do that.

Clearing her throat, she turned her attention to Aldoron. "I'll help. I want to honor my parents. The thing is, I'm just honestly not sure how. You want us to use magic? I don't even know anything about magic! What if it doesn't work for me or something? What if I fail at it? Why can't we just use weapons? I'm good with a blade, that's something I know how to use. I can fight that way, but I don't think magic is something I could ever use."
---
#50 Posted: 23:37:37 25/01/2018
"Well...," Todd said looking around the room. "I don't know about you guys, but I've always wondered and now I know. I've always wondered if there was more-- if I could be more. And though I'm not certain that we will succeed, I'm wiling to try at least and give it all I've got.," Todd said trying to sound brave in front of the others. In all honestly-- he was scared and uncertain, but he could actually do something useful at least once in his life. Perhaps that dream had meant something more-- a sign of some yet to be awaken power deep within him? 'Or perhaps it was just my active imagination...,' he thought to himself. He was still unsure, but something told him that the answers would soon be unveiled.

As far as he knew, he could at least talk to animals and they seemed to understand the few times he tried it. However, they were rarely able to speak back to him and honestly a nod could mean anything. And then there the was the dream-- he was an fox, a Fennec Fox perhaps. Was that suggesting that he was able to turn into animals or just that one? Or was it merely pointing towards his ability to maybe speak to them? And why an little fox of all things? Surely if his powers were all grand and powerful, he could do something other then occasionally talk to animals and maybe turn into a little fox. His mind flooded itself with questions, both concerning the past and their future.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:49:08 25/01/2018 by redwes
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me