Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The videogames that you hate
Page 1 of 1
The videogames that you hate
Dragon96 Green Sparx Gems: 133
#1 Posted: 00:01:27 18/01/2018 | Topic Creator
What are the videogames that you hate? And why?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 01:49:08 18/01/2018
The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine.
Because no matter which Nintendo console I own, they will always be compatible with the ones I don’t have. smilie

Seriously, though, can’t really say I hate any game.
I highly disliked certain parts of titles I liked, and many were just so buggy or unfinished they were hard to enjoy, but in the end they were all worth the time I spent on them.

I despise the idea of pay-to-play and pay-to-win titles, but in the end they are simply not my cup of tea.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#3 Posted: 15:32:17 18/01/2018
Overwatch
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#4 Posted: 15:48:52 18/01/2018
I don't really have a game that I hate. But there are types of video games that aren't really for me.
Like, RPGs, they just bore me. Anything like Final Fantasy, I can't get into.

Also, I'm not really fond of the Legend of Spyro, I probably would have enjoyed them a lot more if the combat actually felt good, but in my opinion, it doesn't. There's a lot of reasons why I don't enjoy those games, too many for me to enjoy them for what they are.

Furthermore, any sort of fighting, racing, or sports games I'm generally not into.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 17:16:23 18/01/2018
I will admit I have an irrational hatred of Dawn of the Dragon, which is evident on the forum. It started as not liking the game, and evolved into hating it because of the people saying nothing but "omg best game 100/10." Now I very strongly hate it for the (obviously) troubled production that it had, some of the corners Activision cut with it, the really bad story, and the shippers it brought with it. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#6 Posted: 02:01:06 19/01/2018
[User Posted Image]

There was no difficulty testers for this game, because the result was so difficult that even the tutorial is insanely hard

If you get the chance, play this game and if you can beat it (record yourself) I will give you a 100 dollar eshop code for your suffering.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#7 Posted: 03:00:06 19/01/2018
Quote: HIR
I will admit I have an irrational hatred of Dawn of the Dragon, which is evident on the forum. It started as not liking the game, and evolved into hating it because of the people saying nothing but "omg best game 100/10." Now I very strongly hate it for the (obviously) troubled production that it had, some of the corners Activision cut with it, the really bad story, and the shippers it brought with it. <.<

This - ANB and TEN aren't great games either, but their artstyle and janky aesthetic at least gave them identity and had lots of places to go right on, kinda like enjoying an early gen game full of limitations but also surprises.

If I really dislike a game, though, I usually avoid it whenever possible, so I wouldn't even remember or be able to judge. Not enough money to just throw it away on bad experiences. I do get upset thinking about games with mountains of wasted potential tho, like DOTD there, or Henry Hatsworth, or Sonic Forces.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#8 Posted: 03:19:54 19/01/2018
Skylanders: Superchargers, BATIM, FNAF
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#9 Posted: 15:58:34 19/01/2018
I usually avoid buying bad games but I have played bad demos.

Genji: Day of the Blade was felt bad playing and Kane & Lynch 2 was just visually hideous.

For video games I've actually played? That's a tough one.

Small Soldiers (Couldn't get past the first level)
Every Rugrats game on PS1 (Because I feel ashamed)
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (Loading times that sucked before the PS3-era)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (So boring and monotonous)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Because my love for XIII-1 was screwed for bad comedy and dismissal by unanswered questions)
DmC: Devil May Cry (I don't hate the game itself but rather everything around it and what it meant for the future of Devil May Cry)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Dragon96 Green Sparx Gems: 133
#10 Posted: 11:42:47 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Some games that i hated were mickey's wild adventure for ps1 and dark souls because are difficult.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#11 Posted: 18:51:31 20/01/2018
mirrors edge was pretty bad in my opinion
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#12 Posted: 23:15:40 21/01/2018
The only bad game I've played was this one app that used cute dragons to get money out of kids. It was a flying game, where you breathed fireballs to break holes in rocks, but you can't hit the rocks or the floor/ceiling. So, like Flappy Bird but with dragons. However, the levels were very long and practically impossible to beat, so of course you had to buy stuff with real money. I believe there was prices up to 15 dollars? I don't remember much, which is a good thing.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#13 Posted: 23:21:09 21/01/2018
Uhh, there's not much

Honestly, not a big fan of the first 3 sonic games, wouldn't say I hate them though.
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#14 Posted: 17:54:17 01/02/2018
Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I think that speaks for itself.
---
Cool cool.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#15 Posted: 18:11:17 01/02/2018
A great chunk of the freemium genre
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#16 Posted: 04:19:17 02/02/2018
Pets animal care taker.

Ps2 port of Sonic Unleashed (except the night missions, but you still can't see ****).

I can't remember any others
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#17 Posted: 11:29:40 19/03/2018
Drag on Quest 7.
Take nearly an hour to get to combat
Go back in time, do stuff, go forward in time, do stuff
Do the exact same thing 15 times, 3 of those being actually interesting
The Alltrades Abbey part
Maribel
Suddenly Slug Satan.
Then you ressurect God.
Suddenly Slug Satan.
Collect 4 treasures of the elements and wake up the spirits.
Fight Slug Satan.
Game suggests romance between you and the worst character in the game.
The class system. Just get to the Hero class and you win.
Lots of grinding
This game took 70 hours of my time, 5 of which at most were fun.

Just play 9 for 70 hours, it’s actually good.
---
Soon.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#18 Posted: 20:36:47 19/03/2018
Rune Factory 2.

oh my gooooood.

cons
-spend first part of the game trying to find the love of your life. dating isnt intuitive, not very rewarding. (the waifus are still p good though)
-spend second half of the game looking for your father(i.e. the mc at the aforementioned first part of the game.) as child.
-bosses are hard, its not at clear on what you need to do.
-game expects you to play the first part of the game for 8-10 in game years when honestly romancing your waifu takes less then one year.
-so many areas are blocked off which makes grinding a PAIN
-who you choose as a waifu has no story affect iirc shes just kinda...there in the second arc.
-school is ok but it teaches you things you already knew from the first arc...so...its pointless.
-****ING TERRIBLE [ur=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMxzZt0cZ2I&ab_channel=SinReVi]VOICE[/url] ACTING

pros
-Dorothy
[User Posted Image]
the town design is awesome.

i have a lot of animosity for RF2, b/c it was a step backwards for Rune Factory imo. I'm soooo glad Rune Factory 3 and 4 fix everything that RF2 broke.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#19 Posted: 04:45:25 20/03/2018
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories/Re:Chain of Memories

I love the KH series, I grew up with it, but good god I hate CoM a lot.
First thing to start off with is the combat. Instead of the basic command menu stuff or command decks.... you use cards. You make a deck of cards and play a pseudo-card game. Basically the higher the card number or whatever, it stops every other action. I hate this so much, it limits how many times you can attack but also changes damage output depending on what card it is. Not only that but the "worlds" require map cards to progress. Wanna fight the boss of that world? Bring a red card with a 0 on it. Don't have it? Then grind enemies for 'em. Leveling up works differently as well. Instead of a noticeable boost in stats you have to pick one of three options for a level up, sometimes one of them aren't even available. There's also no basic stats like Strength or Defense, everything is determined by your deck. As you go through the game enemies start to hit harder, which is fine I guess but again there's no Defense stat. If you want to avoid certain attacks you have to either stop their actions with a card or roll out of the way. And some attacks from enemies and mostly bosses are unavoidable unless you stop them. It only becomes bearable with the Reverse/Rebirth story line, which removes deck editing, adds in Dark Mode which gives a reason to break cards other than not to die, and has a sort of Strength stat.

Now this originally came out on the GBA, so back then it was probably ok.... but then it was remade for the PS2 and still had that stupid card system. That was the version to be ported to the 1.5 and 1.5+2.5 collections.

Oh and the story... it has plot crucial information kinda... but it's not worth playing that game... I'd just look it up.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:50:16 20/03/2018 by abstractsardine
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#20 Posted: 06:05:27 20/03/2018
-Dark Souls/Bloodborne: I just think they’re needlessly hard just for the sake of being hard. :/

-PUBG/Fortnight: Both are overblown trends that I’m sick of hearing about honestly.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#21 Posted: 15:01:29 21/03/2018
Quote: Vespi
-Dark Souls/Bloodborne: I just think they’re needlessly hard just for the sake of being hard. :/

wtf i have a co-ordination disorder and im terrible at video games yet ive finished bloodborne dozen of times, its challenging but fair
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:02:54 21/03/2018 by Blackholes_Wolf
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#22 Posted: 16:45:44 21/03/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Quote: Vespi

wtf i have a co-ordination disorder and im terrible at video games yet ive finished bloodborne dozen of times, its challenging but fair

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
its just not really my thing, i can recognize theyre good and well crafted games but they arent my taste

of all the souls games bloodborne is the only one ive considered playing tbh tho so at least theres that
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me