Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > EA is still run by parasitic aliens with big black tentacles for butts.
Page 1 of 1
EA is still run by parasitic aliens with big black tentacles for butts.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 21:12:15 17/10/2017 | Topic Creator
There's no better way to describe the company Electronic Arts, best knowing for releasing licensed shovelware, dull shooters and broken stripped down DRM-ed installments of old classics, as they've yet again shut down another studio. This time, it's Visceral Games being beheaded for the incompetence of EA's drooling vermin in suits running the whole damn system.

https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-do...ames-1819623990

Origin Systems, Bullfrog Productions, Pandemic Studios, Maxis, Bioware Montreal and so many others. Now Visceral Games is yet another studio bought up, grinded, chewed up and spat as another husk as whatever IP they've made, EA sits on and won't let it be used without insulting fans and customers alike.

(EA executives at a Russian strip club, snorting cocaine and drinking sarsaparillas)
EA Exec 1: Let's make Dead Space 3 have co-op, explosions, action and microtransactions being a horror game alone won't sell!
EA Exec 2: That's gonna cost SO MUCH money, it'll have to make 5 million just to break even.
EA Exec 1: CAPITAL IDEA! We'll make Visceral do it, no matter what they say.
(After Dead Space 3 comes out)
EA Exec 1: WAAAAGH! It didn't make billions of dollars like we wanted it to!
EA Exec 2: This is all Visceral's fault!
EA Exec 1: Hell yes! We're gonna lose our bonuses to keep them afloat!
EA Exec 2: We'll make them do a new Battlefield!
EA Exec 1: Isn't DICE already making Battlefield 4?
EA Exec 2: Yes but saturation is always good.
(EA is happy with Battlefield Hardline)
EA Exec 1: Let's have multiple Star Wars games in development! We'll have DICE, Respawn and Visceral make loads at once!
(Later)
EA Exec 2: Let's shut down Visceral!
EA Exec 1: We'll get bonuses! YAY!

The saddest thing about this is that Jim Sterling predicted this.

What's worse is that it shouldn't be a surprise but we're still angry about it. This shouldn't be normal.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 21:14:44 17/10/2017
You... Really don't make anyone want to stay in your side of the opinion, even if it's sad and stupid they killed and shelved yet another studio and IP. There are less immature ways to word a rant.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3 Posted: 21:45:16 17/10/2017 | Topic Creator
I know. I could've responded with more maturity but if I waited, it would already be old news. I didn't want to just say it's EA being EA because it normalises the horrible stuff EA has done these last 25 years from rushing Ultima VIII to everything else it's done. I don't wanna see EA continuing its quest for greed and normalising industry trash that destroy studios and beloved IP.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:37 17/10/2017 by StevemacQ
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 21:47:22 17/10/2017
I mean, 'EA continues to suck' suffices. Just like #****Konami. Everyone knows, this is unfortunately just the newest drop in the bucket.

Someone on reddit counted the amount of dead IPs they have as of today, it's easily over 20 franchises that made a name for themselves at the least.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 22:54:42 17/10/2017
The topic title is the best thing I've read on this damn forum. Oh my God, wheezing here.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#6 Posted: 23:18:14 17/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
The topic title is the best thing I've read on this damn forum. Oh my God, wheezing here.

[User Posted Image]
- - -
---
Soon.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#7 Posted: 00:02:21 18/10/2017
EA is the worst
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me