Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Question regarding Wii U Wi Fi
Page 1 of 1
Question regarding Wii U Wi Fi
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#1 Posted: 17:44:36 30/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Since the Switch has paid wi-fi, it makes sense to shut down the wi-fi when it stops being profitable. So would that mean that the Wii U wifi is shutting down soon, since obviously they would shut down before the Switch?
---
Soon.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#2 Posted: 17:57:08 30/09/2017
If this Engadget article is anything to go by, the Wii U's wifi capability won't be going down any time soon. In the article it states the Wii's shop is going to be shut down in 2019, and we've got plenty of time to transfer our old Wii purchases over to the U.

Nintendo's been good with keeping its online services active for a while, and I think with many people still owning and purchasing game for the Wii U they won't get rid of the online functionality without months of notice. We're expecting the paid subscription model of Nintendo's to be introduced early-mid 2018, so if there's no statements by the time we've got a release date, Wii U owners should be fine.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason for your concern? Are you playing Wii U games online? smilie
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#3 Posted: 18:14:42 30/09/2017
I mean personally I still boot up monster hunter tri ultimate to play online on some rare occasions, so it's not too far fetched for other people to also be concerned, especially with the likes of sm4sh and splatoon still being actively played.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4 Posted: 18:55:08 30/09/2017
Good. I still would like to play a few games online when I get mine. Hope you guys are right.
---
Bruh
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#5 Posted: 19:10:18 30/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Johnbonne
If this Engadget article is anything to go by, the Wii U's wifi capability won't be going down any time soon. In the article it states the Wii's shop is going to be shut down in 2019, and we've got plenty of time to transfer our old Wii purchases over to the U.

Nintendo's been good with keeping its online services active for a while, and I think with many people still owning and purchasing game for the Wii U they won't get rid of the online functionality without months of notice. We're expecting the paid subscription model of Nintendo's to be introduced early-mid 2018, so if there's no statements by the time we've got a release date, Wii U owners should be fine.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason for your concern? Are you playing Wii U games online? smilie

Well, there's just a bunch of good games with emphasis on online, like Splatoon and Mario Maker. Killing the wifi would kill them.
---
Soon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me