Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > SA Spoiler Discussion Season 2 Edition: Revenge of Spoiler
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
SA Spoiler Discussion Season 2 Edition: Revenge of Spoiler
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#201 Posted: 23:18:51 10/10/2017
from now on i'll be referring to academy DS as "Dip Spyro"
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#202 Posted: 08:25:17 13/10/2017
So these are all the skylanders that we have in the show :

Magic : Spyro , Pop Fizz and Ninjini
Undead : Roller Brawl , Cynder , Hex ( with Skull ) and Cy.
Water : King pen , Chill and Snapshot
Fire : Eruptor and Kaboom
Tech : Wind-up , Triger Happy and Sprocket
Air : Jet-Vac
Earth : Flashwing
Life : Stealth Elf , Food Fight and Bad Breath

20 in total...21 if you want to count Skull.

Air and Earth have the least amount of characters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:33:10 13/10/2017 by KingMed
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#203 Posted: 13:40:24 13/10/2017
Mixed feelings about the show...again.

Sure, the cohesion of all the elements from the franchise (The Darkness, Dark Spyro, vehicles, villains, etc.) in the lore is really nice and well developed, and finally linking Spyro's past to the background of the Skylanders universe was more than necessary... but apart from that, I find the show to be really weak in the end.

There isn't barely any well developed action, it's extremely childish, even for a kids show, something kind of weird if we bear in mind all the acid and sarcastic jokes aimed for adults. It's like they're trying to appeal both types of public without reaching properly any of them. This is realted to how stupid the existence of two teams is. All characters are equally powerful or useless, there's no real reason to have a team A or a team B, there's no explanation why JV is more powerful than Hex or Cynder, apart from the fact that it's simply stated on the show.

In general, the show is excesively jokey and not much serious, but tries to set up a strong lore, resulting in a unpolished product. It's like there are several styles coexisting together at the same time and you don't know which of them you should stick to because they're very different from each other. And, excluding episodes 2, 3 and the season finale, all episodes are boring fillers merely for kids where nothing happens and they're not really funny or interesting at all.

Don't like all the Hex and Skull stuff. It's like that's all for the character, and at the end all characters in the show are really jokey and weak. Eon's beard jokes are also very tiring. In general, all characters are useless and clumsy, above all the Doom Raiders, even Eon or Malefor. It's like a dumb show for 6-year old kids that parents can survive to, where the lore and the wonderful animation quality are the only strong points in the end.

Don't like the "made up parts" neither... nowhere near. Strykore character instead of using The Darkness and Eon being apparently Kaos's father are, in my opinion, huge mistakes/bad creative decisions.

I'll watch the third season, but I'm not a really enthusiast about the show. I only wish the game had the same development and cohesion concerning the lore than the TV series have, above all at the time of linking Spyro's previous games to the Skylanders franchise, but that's all, I prefer the games at the end, by a huge margin.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#204 Posted: 13:49:04 13/10/2017
I admit, I would have much preferred The Darkness over Strykore and I'm not a big fan of the likely family relationship between Eon and Kaos. I mean, it's not a bad idea, but feels generic and doesn't seem like it's what TfB/VV intended. I would have preferred if it stayed close to the games in that regard.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:50:20 13/10/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#205 Posted: 15:15:43 13/10/2017
I really like the connection that he made with Eon , Kaos and Kaossandra , Although there are lots of things that I don’t like about this shows’s lore.

1. Master eon finding Spyro and raising him...That’s a big no no no !!!!
2. Malefor not being a purple dragon <\3 This one felt like a bullet
3. Cynder being Malefor’s daughter.
4.Malefor getting deafetd by Sprocket , Jet-Vac , Pop Fizz , Cynder , Eruptor and Eon easily , but in the comics every damn skylander from spyro’s adventure to Trap team tryed to stop him but couldn’t .
5.Ignoring the idea of purple dragons in general and just focusing on scales types smilie like seriously dude ?
6.Not acknowledging Sparx and his parents AKA Spyro’s family from the legend :/ ... I loved Spyro’s and Sparx relationship and they could of have easily introduced him in the show...Sparx is even in spyro’s adventure and some skylanders books like how hard could it be to include him ?!!!
7.Cynder’s evil form I really wanted to see her evil form and the show I though that it could of have been a great way to introduce her.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#206 Posted: 15:03:03 15/10/2017
How would everyone rank the episodes for S2? For me it's -

1. Touch of Evil
  2. Return to Cynder
  3. Split Decision
  4. It Techs Two
  5. Sheep(ball) Dreams
  6. I Dream of Ninjini
  7. Belly of the Beast
  8. Spyromania
  9. One Flu Over the Skylander's Nest
  10. Who's Your Daddy?
  11. Thankstaking for the Memories
  12. The People vs. Pop Fizz
  13. Elementary, My Dear Eruptor.

14. I would have The People vs. Pop Fizz and Elementary, My Dear Eruptor higher, but they just weren't as exciting for me. The only reason why I would like them is for Sprocket, and I personally enjoyed the power hungry Broccoli Guy as well, and the whole trial idea was interesting too. There isn't really a bad episode this season, so it was fairly hard to rank them all.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#207 Posted: 17:51:04 15/10/2017

it begins
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#208 Posted: 18:44:53 15/10/2017
Thank you.
---
Soon.
#209 Posted: 10:02:25 16/10/2017
zap goddamn.

why is this such a blessing.

Underappreciated moment - Kaos yelling "EUREKA" after thinking of a way to help Kaossandra.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:06:37 16/10/2017 by Luminous35
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#210 Posted: 11:59:36 17/10/2017 | Topic Creator
I don't think anyone likes this Malefor in specifc, it's just that Dad-efor is a really amusing concept for the guy that was up there with Sauron and friends. Kinda like that comic book about Darth Vader raising Leia, if anyone's heard of it. He really has no character other than that and liking tacos, so S3 is where Eric has to show he was worthwile to include.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:00:24 17/10/2017 by Bifrost
#211 Posted: 12:15:20 17/10/2017
As much as I loved S2, it totally my favorite of the two, I will admit it does have some odd story choice and story executions. Cynder being Malefor's daughter I think is a bad idea, but I'm not gonna get to mad about that one. Just a generic choice. Not to mention Cynder revealing she's the daughter of Malley came out of no where and we have no idea who he is unless you're familiar with the Skylanders lore. Eon being related to Kaos in someway feels like something TfB and VV didn't want or intend, but Eric went with it. Those are the only two that come to mind, so that shows that this season didn't have to many problems with writing, at least for me.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#212 Posted: 13:47:03 17/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Oh, TFB intended for there to be a relationship, what with Kaos being his supposed sucessor turned evil in SSA, but I think they dropped it when the series turned out to be such a hit and they did the whole Kaos Clan. Probably not a family though, they went out of their way to say PMs aren't blood related usually.
---
#213 Posted: 22:27:47 17/10/2017
I’m still shocked that some people don’t get the ending and still think that Strykore is Kaos’s dad * Face palm*
Eric made it very obvious I really don’t get why many people are still confused
#214 Posted: 22:34:51 17/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Most people don't read his twitter, and because it's not stated can't really put that on the wiki summary, just "implying a relationship between the two" and "strykore's story is questioned because of his spell".
---
#215 Posted: 22:43:59 17/10/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Most people don't read his twitter, and because it's not stated can't really put that on the wiki summary, just "implying a relationship between the two" and "strykore's story is questioned because of his spell".

Yeah you’re right
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#216 Posted: 06:18:35 18/10/2017
but it's still strange how Strykore looks slightly like Eon
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
#217 Posted: 07:00:04 18/10/2017
Quote: BatWolf
but it's still strange how Strykore looks slightly like Eon

That indicates that they’re brothers plus it’s a lot cheaper for them to reuse eon’s model instead of creating a new character.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#218 Posted: 02:09:33 19/10/2017
Aaaaaah, finally saw the last episode.
Just want to let out my general impressions about the season, which I'll probably elaborate further depending on the discussion.

So...

GREAT ANCIENTS IT WAS AWESOME!
The finale truly left me speechless.
There were like, what, four plot twists?
Strykore not being Kaos' father (but probably Eon's brother), Eon's being most likely Kaos' father, Spyro becoming his dark counterpart and Malefor revealing that the dragons are actually still alive.
Also felt a lot of Futurama's humour in this episode, liked it more than I thought.

Have to painfully point out it took me more than it should have to realize that Strykore was in fact a beardless and evil version of Eon: while Glumshanks was talking to him I focused on the helmet, dress and nose and thought like "wait a second...".
Embarassing. smilie

I am astonished.

I liked this season waaaaay more than the first (and looking at some old episodes to find connections to future ones, even the technical improvements become evident), more lore, more development, more plot twists and better balance between serious and silly moments.
It still had problems and things I didn't like, am sadly still not a big fan of Malefor for example, though I happily accept him being Cynder's dad, but it was an absolute blast.

Looking forward to whatever Season 3 will have in store for us.
In a year or so.

Sigh.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#219 Posted: 20:03:39 19/10/2017
Hello! I've been lurking around since I finished season two last week, and I've finally found some time to say what I thought about it! smilie

• Spyromania confused me because I thought the impermeable scales came from Pop Fizz's potion that Spyro drank, and then I was waiting for some kind of explanation/realisation of this, but... well now I feel a little stupid.
  • I was NOT expecting Malefor so early!
  • I could do without the relic room camera/password thing.
  • Ah, I'd hoped Pop Fizz's beast form would be who had robbed the bank, remembered half way through the episode that Chompy Mage had been in the beginning, crushed.
  • Spyro vs. Eon fight was AWESOME!
  • Look, I'm never gonna like Cy or Bad Breath.
  • Jet Vac and the whole egg episode made me feel really uncomfortable for some reason?
  • Sheep(ball) Dreams was just pointless. When the Doom Raiders were laughing at the Skylanders when Dreamcatcher went back to being evil, it felt like they were mocking the audience as well for believing she could be reformed. Just kinda irked me.
  • The last two episodes were GREAT! I loved the Spyro/Malefor/Kaos confrontation especially, and of course DARK SPYRO! I do feel like we deserved a double length episode for Touch of Evil though, it felt a bit crammed in so much so that people are missing the whole Eon = Kaos father thing.

I think it was even better than season one! I liked that the whole Spyro's ancestry thing was added to each episode, although in the end it just felt like a 'oh look there's Spyro complaining about not knowing who his parents are again blah blah blah'. It probably could have been done better. I'm looking forward to season three, and I hope that Dark Spyro is a major thing and not a one-episode problem. Like, if even after he was 'reformed' he could switch back to being dark if he lost his temper or something?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:04:13 19/10/2017 by yelvy
#220 Posted: 20:06:51 19/10/2017 | Topic Creator
I think in the end it was a little darker than Spyro complaining. He spends what seems to be months trying to get answers out of Eon and probably would've been ok at the start of the season if he spilled the beans, but Eon lies to everyone about possible genocide and treats it like it's for the greater good that no one can prepare for what's coming. Spyro's jimmies were rustled big time, which is why he quit even before hearing the truth.

Kinda like learning that your parents did some illicit stuff to get you where you are and aren't really acting to recitify their mistake, you'd spend a little time being unreasonable. Note that Spyro doesn't say the cliche "but you couldn't find another way" he says, "you did all of this and all you have to say is "sorry"?" because Eon really hasn't done anything about it.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:08:59 19/10/2017 by Bifrost
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#221 Posted: 20:12:00 19/10/2017
Hmmm, you make a good point! I think I generalised the plot too much, but to be honest I can't remember everything that happened.

Eon keeping secrets was really interesting and I wonder how that will impact the rest of the team in season three.
#222 Posted: 20:30:22 19/10/2017 | Topic Creator
I really do hope he develops a bit in learning to face the consequences of apathy, too. Going by the general timeframe of the war and some of their approximate ages, Eon spent at least 40 years sitting on his thumbs and only approximately 20 was Skylander work. Building the Citadel and the Academy is one thing, but the fact he didn't even bother developing the realm-breaching Undead magic in any of his students is pretty telling of how he wasn't answering for his mistake if Strykore didn't return.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:42 19/10/2017 by Bifrost
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#223 Posted: 20:31:36 19/10/2017
So wait, where do they say Strykore isn’t Kaos’ father?
---
Soon.
#224 Posted: 20:38:19 19/10/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
So wait, where do they say Strykore isn’t Kaos’ father?

Well, they don't directly state it, but with the Mark on Eon's forehead, and Kaossandra trying to tell Kaos that he had it all wrong when he said Strykore was his father kinda makes it obvious.

Also, Eric technically confirmed Strykore as Eon's brother.
---
#225 Posted: 20:39:37 19/10/2017
Yeah, when Kaossanda was discussing Kaos's father before the reveal, she clearly has uncomfortable taking about him. If it was Eon, I doubt she'd be that uneasy.
---
#226 Posted: 20:42:34 19/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Nope, she explicitly tells Kaos to drop the father business at the response of Strykore - a few hours before she was going to happily mention it. Kaossandra thought Kaos was fantasizing that he had the cool villain as a father, and this goes back to Who's Your Daddy where she didn't actually know he'd be stupid enough to believe it was Glumshanks.

Also Strykore tried to kill him, which would be counter productive if he wanted a minion with eternal loyalty.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:44:40 19/10/2017 by Bifrost
#227 Posted: 22:33:39 19/10/2017
Have to admit Eon's revelation caught me completely off-guard: I never thought Kaossandra was actually trying to tell Kaos the truth, and simply wanted to dissuade him from believing Strykore.
Guess it wouldn't have been that much against her character, she was just trying to keep her powers, in my eyes.

Forgot to mention a couple notable things I noticed during the season:
- can't remember if it was a thing in Season 1 as well, but they acknowledged Hugo's fear for sheeps.
Kinda hope this will lead to an appereance of Sheep Mage, even if just as a one time villain, which would also increase the number of V.V.'s references.
- already knew it, but the fact Light and Dark aren't considered as proper Elements as of now kinds disappointed me: this may very well change in the future, and I liked how Dark Spyro was a result of him being deprived of his light instead of being corrupted directly by The Darkness, but I'm not too fond of how they used those concepts in such a classic way.

Also, Bifrost posted a list of Skylanders which could benefit from the show's lore in the non-spoiler topic, and I would like to see if I got each one correctly:
- Aurora could be related to both Eon and Strykore (and obviously Kaos), and could also be a great way to introduce the game's conceptions of Light and Dark;
- Star Strike, Enigma and Buckshot because they could help the Skylanders reach the dimension Eon sent the dragons into;
- Tree Rex was mentioned by Eric as a good candidate for Season 3;
- Ambush was mentioned, I guess;
- no idea about Sentinels. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#228 Posted: 22:49:54 19/10/2017
Yup, Hugo's fear for sheep was acknowledged in Season 1 a few times. Just clarifying for ya.
---
Bruh
#229 Posted: 23:00:00 19/10/2017
Thanks.
I'll have to rewatch it soon, because I forgot way too many details and connections to the future events.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#230 Posted: 23:34:30 19/10/2017 | Topic Creator
You got it : P

Sentinels work because of the ninja blade, it's a sentinel weapon pretty much. Would be cool to see its owner and why Eon sealed it up to begin with. Not everything has to do with "I don't want to tell people I screwed up and didn't try to fix it".
---
#231 Posted: 23:43:43 19/10/2017
I'm still hoping Wild Storm shows up at some point. Considering he was a slave for Kaos, that could give some interesting story for a bit.

But oh my god if Star Strike, Enigma, AND Buckshot all appeared, I swear my hopes for this show would be complete. I love them all so much.
---
#232 Posted: 10:13:26 10/11/2017
I Think that season 3 will end the story arc and we’ll get to see the banished dragons and Porbably Kaos learning the truth about who is his real father and turn against strkore , but still I don’t see him becoming a good guy he would rather conquer the world instead of destroying it.

And I actually have a good reason to back up what I’m saying about the third season probably ending this story arc and that is because Eric said that he took a break from writing and a fourth season isn’t garunted thanks to activison and he knows that so I don’t see him ending the show on a cliff hanger like he did with the last two seasons because he’s not sure if he’ll be able to write for a fourth season. So if we ever get a fourth season it will focus on entirely new things that will carry on to the fifth season and I’m saying this because they won’t start a new story arc and have it end in just one season they will probably make at least one more season to end it properly.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#233 Posted: 02:00:39 02/09/2018
Oh man, I just finished S2 after starting maybe a week ago and holy cow I want S3 yesterday.

I really should've given the show another shot, because when I first started watching it (just after it came out) I couldn't even get through the first episode. I'd say it really gets better as it goes on.

If I can just comment quickly on the writing, some lines were literally hilarious.
  • When they're talking about catchphrases and Spyro ends up saying his
  • Dark Spyro saying he has an urge to take up 2 parking spaces

There were certainly a few others I can't think of off the top of my head, but seriously the writing can be pretty funny sometimes
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me