Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned)
First | Previous | Page 75 of 76 | Last
1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned) [STICKY]
Drednaw Green Sparx Gems: 296
#3701 Posted: 15:06:25 22/10/2020
ghost horse is my pick 100 percent but ice horse is also good because it's easy fire emblem jokes

cold time
KrystalLBX Gold Sparx Gems: 2331
#3702 Posted: 13:51:20 23/10/2020
I was genuinely surprised this dlc doesnt scale to your gym badges
---
Pokemon Shiny and Mark Hunter
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#3703 Posted: 14:17:03 23/10/2020
I’m basically done with this DLC, all I have is one more bird, but damn I’m enjoying this a lot more than IoA.

Really digging Regidrago more than I thought, and the birds are more fun to catch than I thought they’d be. Calyrex was an absolute ***** to catch for me though
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3477
#3704 Posted: 16:32:02 23/10/2020
Quote: Vespi
I’m basically done with this DLC, all I have is one more bird, but damn I’m enjoying this a lot more than IoA.

Really digging Regidrago more than I thought, and the birds are more fun to catch than I thought they’d be. Calyrex was an absolute ***** to catch for me though

Im still trying to catch it in a nest ball. Luckily shedinja walls ice calyrex really well

-----
---
I’ve had this avatar for a year and a half at this point, I’m not changing it now
#3705 Posted: 10:33:12 24/10/2020
shadow rider calyrex is an absolute monster. literally the fastest ghost type now. specs astral barrage one shots everything. if you're not running yveltal in ubers you're ****ed

i really wish regieleki got a better movepool since it's literally the fastest pokemon ever now

galardos is cool

competitive ramblings
#3706 Posted: 13:33:41 26/10/2020
Ok I got good news and bad news

Good news: Victini has data that says it's a static encounter in Crown Tundra

Bad news: Nobody knows where it is
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:34:42 26/10/2020 by KrystalLBX
#3707 Posted: 02:36:57 28/10/2020
cool fact about the galar birds- they can't be legitimately encountered shiny, but if you hack them in the game still lets you use them online, so a lot of them have been floating around surprise trade

since i am very epic hackerman i now have the beautiful shiny galar birds... and moltres
#3708 Posted: 04:35:09 28/10/2020
Quote: Drednaw
cool fact about the galar birds- they can't be legitimately encountered shiny, but if you hack them in the game still lets you use them online, so a lot of them have been floating around surprise trade

since i am very epic hackerman i now have the beautiful shiny galar birds... and moltres

Boooooooooooooooo
---
#3709 Posted: 04:40:28 28/10/2020
ok thats cool and all but i dont care what you think
#3710 Posted: 07:19:59 28/10/2020
Hacking games is fine and to be expected as long as you don’t use it for comp or whatever.
Dope that you have some shinies tho Zap.
#3711 Posted: 07:46:34 28/10/2020
i literally do not care about competitive pokemon on the switch, i dick around exclusively on showdown with the most generic ou sets possible
#3712 Posted: 08:20:48 28/10/2020
Really hope they get rid of shiny locks one day (they won’t) because honestly theres no good reason for them.
---
I’ve had this avatar for a year and a half at this point, I’m not changing it now
#3713 Posted: 09:06:29 28/10/2020
same tbh
#3714 Posted: 18:42:00 28/10/2020
what the **** why does only the female avatar get the team flare visors i want my cheesy futuristic visor
#3715 Posted: 20:24:08 28/10/2020
I have the flare visors and im not using a female avatar, your info must be wrong
---
#3716 Posted: 21:07:03 28/10/2020
Now that the Crown Tundra is out, I've decided to play through Shield again, to gather my thoughts about the game. I also have a theory about Leon, which I'll share at the end of my playthrough. Another reason I want to play through this game again is because when I played the DLC, my team was level 100. A lot of the postgame fights were trivialized because of that. To make the playthrough more difficult I'm changing the battle mode to set and I'm not using items during battle. I have a team planned, it consists of:

Cinderace: My least favourite Galar starter, and the only one I haven't used. I may change my mind about it as I play.

Urshifu: Sure, it's a legendary, but it's stats aren't so broken to the point of trivializing the game. I'm going with Rapid Strike, since I already have Single Strike.

Galarian Slowking: A Pokémon I love getting a regional variant I love? Yes please. I'm really excited to use it, even if I can't evolve it until after the sixth gym. Also, I'm using a shiny Slowpoke I hatched before Crown Tundra came out.

Polteageist: I hunted a Shiny Antique Sinistea a while back and I feel like I have the right to use it in a playthrough. I used to not care for Polteageist, but honestly it's grown on me. Yes, I know, two traded Pokémon. Deal with it.

Mr Rime: Psychic is my least favourite type, I just find it boring. Why am I using 2 Psychic types then? Well, Slowking is really cool. And something about Mr Rime is interesting to me. Is it the fact that it gets Triple Axel? Probably.

Appletun: I feel pretty meh about Appletun to be honest, but something about him makes me want to use him. Hopefully he'll be fun to use.

DAY 1: The journey begins
Pokémon Shield notes:
HELLO EVERYONE WHO HAS COME TO SEE THIS POKÉMON BATTLE, LET ME EXPLAIN WHAT A POKÉMON IS

Seriously, there was a reason the World Of Pokémon scene is done in a non specific void in most games.

We've never met Leon despite living next door to him, implying he hasn't come home in years somehow.

Hop's mom can't tell when Leon is home

Your mom shows up from Hop's house after picking your starter. However, if you check the house before picking your starter, she's not there.

Hop: "I know exactly what I need to do in order to win!"
*loses immediately*

MY SCORBUNNY HAS MODEST NATURE THATS LIKE THE WORST POSSIBLE ONE

I named my Scorbunny Fireball by the way

"This Yamper is my most loyal companion, and my dearest friend. He's saved me countless times from getting lost on the road. Oh and that's Sonia. She cooks good I guess."

Everyone acts like I've never stepped foot outside my house

I've apparently been watching Pokémon tournaments all my life and I don't know what the gym challenge is

When teaching you how to catch Pokémon, Leon never specifies that you have to deal damage, he just... throws the ball.

Magnolia's house has been covered in nature. Inside her house a man says something along the lines of "Do what the plants want, that'll make them happy." As I'm writing this it actually occurs to me that thats kinda creepy. Oh well.

Leon had endorsement letters written already. He always planned to let you join the gym challenge. Not sure why he made us go through all that but ok.

Hop already calling himself a great rival, lol ok you tell yourself that

Don't forget that we only have access to BIG MODE because it literally fell from the sky. No proving our worth in a tower, no Legendary bestowing it upon you for an act of bravery, just... there it is.

"Trust you to pull something like this."
Even Leon knows its stupid.

Oh Hop, everyone knows that when there's a shooting star, you DON'T say your wish out loud. Or am I thinking of birthdays?

"They are one of the most precious resources we have here in the Galar region" AND THEY JUST FALL FROM THE SKY

Rose is an idiot. I'll get to why later but he is, you all know it.

"Seems I came back home right in time for all the excitement" Sonia you literally missed all the interesting parts of this cutscene (that I'm still talking about"

"I've been totally obsessed with making the latest trendy curries"
...specific curries are trendy?

That was 9 points from one cutscene

"Is it true you really met some Pokémon you didn't recognize?" Sonia that question is so non specific it hurts

Getting Dynamax bands is the most Magnolia ever does in this story

"There are several conditions required for your Pokémon to Dynamax" and then she tells us none of them

"I saw Hop sneaking off towards the station" ...wait what? Why would he sneak? He never does that! He even yells to me in the next scene!

Hop mentions catching a special Pokémon... but what is it?

"I knew this day was coming since the moment you picked Grookey as a partner, darling." So like... 2 days ago?

I admire how Galar just collectively decided that if a Wooloo blocks your path its a valid reason to be late to work.

I legit kinda feel bad for Sonia; her grandmother berates her, Leon pays more attention to her dog than to her, and she's basically having an identity crisis and doesn't know what to do with her life.

Wow, look at this nice quiet night... and I guess its snowing. Ok.

"I have made all the proper preparations, which you can observe with unclouded eyes" It's a yes or no question Avery.

How does a Slowpoke get to the train station from the Isle of Armor? Someone would have to sneak it onti the Corviknight taxi and then onto the train... actually if that's the case, it's kinda hilarious.

"Hey trainer, Slowpoke are heavy. Do my job for me"

Hop commenting on type matchups count: 2
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:48 29/10/2020 by emeraldzoroark
#3717 Posted: 17:43:53 29/10/2020
i love the stupid deer rabbit thing....
#3718 Posted: 22:08:54 29/10/2020
Day 2: Spending too much time on the Isle of Armour
Wow this Slowpoke is hard to catch with 1 Pokémon on the team

Slowpoke please I just want to play the game

Thank you

"I must say, your catching style was quite simply elegant" I just chucked balls at it until it worked

Avery is actually kinda chill when you first meet him

Alright after some bank shenanigans my Shiny Slowpoke (Alchemist) is on the team

I actually lost to Avery. What the heck

As many have said, its stupid that the audio settings are unavailable until you talk to a random NPC.

Leon, this city is literally a straight line, how do you get lost?

Why do you need an endorsement to register for the league anyway?

"Most of the companies here in Galar are owned by Chairman Rose" You would think the economy would crash when people found out the guy running the region basically caused doomsday

The Motostoke Minccino sidequest is stupid. The kid tells you it's probably somewhere where theres lots of water so of course you think "oh yeah the big river in front of the city" but nope. Random fountain.

I caught myself an Applin named Wyrmy

"Hey you found this one Diglett, now find all 150 other ones"

I didn't intend to evolve Fireball before the opening ceremony, but here we are

Wyrmy with Rocky Helmet is a hard counter to any physical attack

Oh look a Sweet Apple. Guess I'm getting Appletun early

It turns out you can get 103/150 Diglett without the bike. Thats fun.

I only now noticed that the Slowpokes from the first trial have +6 Speed.

Ditched Avery just before the final trial lol

"Leon practically raised Hop" AND WE NEVER MET HIM UNTIL RECENTLY?

I think I'm gonna be a bit overlevelled for a bit, maybe until the second gym

Team Yell is still a discount Team Skull

"It was my wonderful company that invented those Dynamax Bands, you know!" Ok but which one? Out of all the companies in the region, you own, like... all of them.

So Leon doesn't tell you about lowering Pokémon's health to make them easier to catch... but a random NPC does?

So Alchemist just stopped obeying me. Time to not use her until I get the next badge.

Bede's theme is a bop, it reminds me of Battle Revolution for some reason

Bede could be an interesting rival if his team wasn't monotype

"I saw you at the opening ceremony!" It's incredible that out of a crowd of hundreds, Milo remembers me somehow.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who don't like the Gym battle music

Ok now that I have the bike its time to actually fight Avery

OH GOD I ACTUALLY HAD TO STRATEGIZE, SCREW YOU SLOWBRO you're still cool though even if the fight took 5 tries

I now have Ursula the Kubfu on my team

My team is at about level 30 before the second gym, except for Kubfu. Might put all but Kubfu in the box for a bit

Hop commenting on type matchups count: 3 (I actually forgot to use super effective moves in the third fight lol)

Might not play tomorrow though, I got stuff to do
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 5223
#3719 Posted: 03:48:36 31/10/2020
Hey, so I got an email today saying something about "To celebrate the release of the Pokemon DLC, enter the codes below to get Pikachus wearing Ash's hats"

It looks like a mass-newsletter email and the codes look generic so I'm going to post them here, especially since i don't play Sw/Sh. If for whatever reason these actually are unique codes (doubt it tho), welp... good luck and congrats to whoever enters them first I guess. Hope you guys enjoy the Pikachus

P1KACHUGET
P1KAADVANCE
VOLTTACKLEP1KA
P1KABESTW1SH
KAL0SP1KA
ULTRAP1KA
1CH00SEY0U
K1NP1KA1855
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:49:55 31/10/2020 by Seiki
#3720 Posted: 05:22:18 31/10/2020
yeah those codes have been going around for awhile now
they arent unique
---
#3721 Posted: 02:36:55 02/11/2020
some of the people doing online adventures need to learn the ****ing type matchups

god dammit we are fighting a ground type don't go to the electric type you idiots
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5923
#3722 Posted: 02:51:40 02/11/2020
Anyone except me interested in a potential Pokémon spinoff designed for veterans with harder difficulty, combat making better use outside of just online of the types matchup and strategy, stronger writing as it’s designed for an older audience aka if you do know about it, Gamefreak answer to SMT.

Nevermind, no one care, I’m the only one asking more of the franchise I used to love.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#3723 Posted: 05:19:27 02/11/2020
if anyone here has sword and can do some link code adventures for dialga/latios/tornadus i'd really appreciate it
#3724 Posted: 09:27:20 02/11/2020
if anyone here has sword and can do some link code adventures for dialga/latios/tornadus i'd really appreciate it

try this. this is how i got giratina and tapu bulu
#3725 Posted: 00:03:58 03/11/2020
Quote: Vespi

try this. this is how i got giratina and tapu bulu

holy **** thanks

literally the only time reddit has been helpful
#3726 Posted: 04:42:01 04/11/2020
Fun DLC fact
[User Posted Image]

Klara knows how to use the pokemon world equivalent of photoshop but only poorly (Look at the Galarian Slowbro, then look at her. Yes this image is real I double checked with my own copy)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:41:16 05/11/2020 by KrystalLBX
#3727 Posted: 07:58:47 04/11/2020
thats actually hilarious
---
#3728 Posted: 18:36:19 04/11/2020
lmaoooo
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6731
#3729 Posted: 11:06:06 06/11/2020 | Topic Creator
I got the expansion pass recently and I've been enjoying it so far for the most part, though I'm finding it hard to enjoy the Crown Tundra as much as I'd like to due to the awful RNG I've been experiencing when it comes to trying to catch literally anything.
(I was stuck trying to catch one legendary in specific for over three hours, and ultimately had to put the game down due to lack of motivation and my hands cramping/hurting badly)

I caught a shiny Beldum in the wild, though, so I'm happy about that at least. smilie
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Black lives matter, don't stop fighting until they do.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:09:01 06/11/2020 by Sesshomaru75
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5909
#3730 Posted: 17:27:39 06/11/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I got the expansion pass recently and I've been enjoying it so far for the most part, though I'm finding it hard to enjoy the Crown Tundra as much as I'd like to due to the awful RNG I've been experiencing when it comes to trying to catch literally anything.
(I was stuck trying to catch one legendary in specific for over three hours, and ultimately had to put the game down due to lack of motivation and my hands cramping/hurting badly)

I caught a shiny Beldum in the wild, though, so I'm happy about that at least. :P

[User Posted Image]
- - -
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5923
#3731 Posted: 18:20:40 06/11/2020
Enjoy the pain I had when trying to catch roaming legendaries in SS.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#3732 Posted: 19:15:47 06/11/2020 | Topic Creator
Nothing more fun than pressing two buttons and throwing a ball at digital animals for 10+ minutes. lmao
---

#3733 Posted: 20:06:03 06/11/2020
Nothing more fun than pressing two buttons and throwing a ball at digital animals for 10+ minutes. lmao

cool.
---
#3734 Posted: 20:11:25 06/11/2020 | Topic Creator
pretty neat, yeah
---

#3735 Posted: 21:03:01 06/11/2020
If there's a complaint I disagree with most about pokemon is that some people want legendaries to be uncatchable. Like why? Who cares if it makes legendaries more special? It's a character in a kids game not a special variant funko pop for your wall
#3736 Posted: 21:07:05 06/11/2020 | Topic Creator
There are people who actually want that, what?
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:24:44 06/11/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#3737 Posted: 21:21:11 06/11/2020
Usually it's people complaining about there being too many legendaries. I don't see the problem with having too many of them because its not mythologies have a plethora of gods
#3738 Posted: 21:23:53 06/11/2020 | Topic Creator
Like, it's one thing if it's something like Necrozma where it's not initially catchable. But having a legendary be completely uncatchable defeats the purpose entirely, does it not? (And that's an excellent point about mythologies)
---

#3739 Posted: 22:04:52 06/11/2020
“Hey kid, here’s a cool new Pokémon design, it’s realy powerful and stuff”

“Oh cool, when can I catch it?”

“lol no, wait for the gamestop event”

Wait these are just mythicals
---
#3740 Posted: 08:33:35 07/11/2020
Quote: somePerson
If there's a complaint I disagree with most about pokemon is that some people want legendaries to be uncatchable. Like why? Who cares if it makes legendaries more special? It's a character in a kids game not a special variant funko pop for your wall

okay but special variant funko pops are pretty cool and sweet and get me loads of chicks unlike dumb pokemon for BABIES where gods are just caught by TEN YEAR OLDS! pokemon hasn’t been good since gen 1 i know this because one time i told my dad i evolved a charizard and that’s the last time he smiled at me before he went to get his pack of cigarettes. jeez it’s taking him a while to get back
#3741 Posted: 14:15:46 07/11/2020
my wife left me for a guy with a charizard
#3742 Posted: 07:13:01 08/11/2020
my wife left me for a guy with a charizard

**** man that could be anyone
#3743 Posted: 21:54:24 08/11/2020
Part 3: The bit where I have barely any time to do anything except a gym battle and stuff
Alright, time to get the 5th member of my team: Mime Jr.. I really hope I know where the raid den is.

The Mime Jr fight was much easier than I expected, I didn't even get to attack. Oh well, welcome to the team, Lord Skater

Alright, Lord Skater and Ursula will take on the water gym and the rest of the team will stay behind so the levels can become more even

Imagine forgetting the name of your... adopted son, I think it was? Whatever, Rose is terrible

Reading Leon's league card... he won the Champion title at 10 years old? Hmm, it fuels my theory at least

I just realized that when you heal your Pokémon, they're shown for everyone in the building to see. Maybe I don't want strangers to see my team, did you consider that?

I feel like the minor division should be mentioned more

Its somehow impressive that Nessa can tell who's a Gym challenger? Ok sure

Lord Skater with Thunderbolt is kinda overpowered.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my thoughts on the gyms. Milo's is alright, nothing special. Nessa's is great, as you have to put brainpower into it. Barely any brainpower but still.

Ok I lost to Nessa. Maybe I shouldn't intentionally make dumb decisions to make things harder. Well, aside from giving the rest of my team a break

Alright my strategy was basically perfect and I still lost. Time to grind a bit

This time for sure

Came close but I won

Nessa acts surprised when she loses, as if she doesn't lose as part of her job

Hop commenting on type matchups count: 3 (Hop did not show up today)
---
#3744 Posted: 03:02:35 10/11/2020
no offense but i wanna punch hop in the face he's so annoying
#3745 Posted: 17:26:36 11/11/2020
Part 4: The team gains more power
Oleana serves no purpose in the story and would it have barely any changes if she were removed

Ah yes, the creatively named Galar Mine No. 1 and Galar Mine No. 2

Not optimistic about this Bede fight, the only two Pokémon I have right now are Lord Skater and Ursula

Bede's theme is still a bop

Never mind, Lord Skater just swept with Thunderbolt. Maybe I taught it that too early...

Fighting two Team Yell grunts and Hop's Wooloo is an adequate meatshield

Me: Ok I know what Poké Jobs are but I want to see what Hop has to say about them
Hop: Settle down and let Professor Hop teach you a thing or two!
Me: FORESHADOWING

Oh yeah, Marnie exists

Ugh she won't let me sleep until I beat up her pets

Monotype rivals suck, they're too easy to sweep. Ignore my failures against Avery earlier

At least her music is good

Some npc legit quit his job to watch the gym challenge

Ursula is nearly level 30, so I'm gonna attempt the Tower of Waters now

The Tower music is underrated as heck

Ah yes. Poliwhirl used Whirlpool. In a 1v1.

Ok I actually lost to Mustard because I thought he was gonna pull the Counter strategy if I used Aerial Ace

After several tries I now have Urshifu

Kabu's Gym Mission is boring

Kabu's Stadium looks really cool

"Clearly your talent surpasses my many years of experience" ...weren't you using weaker Pokémon though?

The argument between Hop and Bede is the best scene for both their characters

Lord Skater evolved to Mr Mime, now he'll learn Triple Axel

So is nobody allowed to enter Hammerlocke until they beat three gyms? What about non-challengers? How do they tell who is and isn't a challenger? Someone could just sneak past and do the gyms out of order, for some reason

This one dude tried to fight me with level 2 Focus Sash Cottonee. So I just used a multi hit move lol

Hop commenting on type matchups count: 3 (Turns out he doesn't fight you from just after the first gym to just before the fourth)
---
#3746 Posted: 20:36:31 11/11/2020
Part 5: I only played for like an hour
"M-A-R-N-I- and -E! That's how we spell victory!" Team Yell is illiterate

Wyrmy with Rocky Helmet is just "stop hitting yourself"

Fireball is now a Cinderace

I am now at the town with the best music in the game

Hop commenting on type matchups count: 3 (Don't worry, I'll fight him tomorrow probably)
---
#3747 Posted: 16:15:12 13/11/2020
[User Posted Image]
Transrights
---
#3748 Posted: 19:36:46 13/11/2020 | Topic Creator
Didn't we already know about that for years now?
---

ThunderEgg Yellow Sparx Gems: 1490
#3749 Posted: 03:05:42 14/11/2020
yes but let us revel

[User Posted Image]
---
I AM ETERNAL!
#3750 Posted: 03:10:18 14/11/2020
Didn't we already know about that for years now?

still pretty cool to discover
First | Previous | Page 75 of 76 | Last
1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me