Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned)
First | Previous | Page 70 of 73 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned) [STICKY]
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6447
#3451 Posted: 17:18:01 09/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: DragonCamo
I’m excited for the remake and plan on buying it but I was burned by Gates to Infinity so i will remain hesitant about it, but excited nonetheless

Super was apparently quite a bit better than Gates from what I've heard, so hopefully that's some consolation to you and others with a similar mindset. (I haven't played it myself, though, so don't take my word for it either)
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:53:45 09/01/2020 by Sesshomaru75
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3187
#3452 Posted: 17:35:39 09/01/2020
Rescue Team: Heckin great
Explorers: My favourite game of all time
Gates: Pretty good, but admittedly worse than the others
Super: Pretty great, on par with RT if you ask me
RTDX: So far has a BEAUTIFUL art style making it look like the original art for the game. Music is once again top tier. Gameplay is... a bit handholdy rn, but the demo is only up to just before Mt Steel. So give it time and Purity Forest will get game journalists to compare the game to Dark Souls.

Advenure Squad: pfft no one played those
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5610
#3453 Posted: 17:41:22 09/01/2020
None of the mystery dungeon games do well critically it's the fans that give it sales. I have played at least one of the iterations of every game and none of them gave me a bad taste.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5636
#3454 Posted: 17:53:09 09/01/2020
I think the popularity of the Mystery Dungeon games might be caused by a serious lack of Pokémon games for veterans, being harder than mainline(Mystery Dungeon can and will get brutal, those games want you dead that’s for sure) and better writing than a typical Pokémon game though I am not a fan at all that they are adding autoplay to the remake even if it sound thankfully limited.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
KrystalLBX Gold Sparx Gems: 2069
#3455 Posted: 18:02:54 09/01/2020
Oh didnt notice

200+ old mons returning

Nice, more friends, hopefully we get some kind of way to track the new expansion pokemon. Maybe a reward for completing it? Like a Isle dex?

Also new Zapdos is gonna get bolt beak, predicting it now
---
Pokemon Shiny and Mark Hunter
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:27 09/01/2020 by KrystalLBX
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10602
#3456 Posted: 18:40:09 09/01/2020
I've always wanted a remake of Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team, but I never would've guessed it would actually happen.

Even though it's far too soon for a new main series game to be announced, did anyone else almost expect a DP remake announcement when '2006' showed up on the screen?

I'm glad Game Freak are taking the DLC path rather than expecting us to pay full price for the same game with new features again, especially because of how much Switch games usually cost. I'm excited to know more about these expansions.
---
#SobbleSquad
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7201
#3457 Posted: 19:27:49 09/01/2020
Quote: fyra
I think the popularity of the Mystery Dungeon games might be caused by a serious lack of Pokémon games for veterans, being harder than mainline(Mystery Dungeon can and will get brutal, those games want you dead that’s for sure) and better writing than a typical Pokémon game though I am not a fan at all that they are adding autoplay to the remake even if it sound thankfully limited.

It's also because sometimes you just want to see more Pokémon and explore things that aren't told to you, which after gen 5 is sorely lacking to begin with.

Can't say I like that there's no neutral attacks, literally a series staple, and more tutorials tho.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
#3458 Posted: 19:33:30 09/01/2020
Also an auto mode so you don't have to play the game, idk how to feel about that
---
#3459 Posted: 20:28:44 09/01/2020
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Also an auto mode so you don't have to play the game, idk how to feel about that

Did you actually play the demo or are you making stuff up? Auto mode makes you walk through the dungeon automatically but every battle you have to do it.
#3460 Posted: 20:38:35 09/01/2020
Isn't that just the dash
---
I do art!
#3461 Posted: 20:48:52 09/01/2020
Quote: somePerson

Did you actually play the demo or are you making stuff up? Auto mode makes you walk through the dungeon automatically but every battle you have to do it.

oh oops i thought it was just automatically playing the game including battles lol
i didn’t actually use it

yeah thats better than what i thought
---
#3462 Posted: 20:54:33 09/01/2020
Quote: Bifrost
Isn't that just the dash

Dash makes you run straight
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6050
#3463 Posted: 00:08:26 10/01/2020
Yo wait when do we get Pokemon Dash remake that’s my **** bro

Also I must have heard of Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeons or something and like, instantly repressed it or threw it out as useless knowledge but i have never heard of that until right now
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#3464 Posted: 02:38:12 10/01/2020
Nintendo DLC (even if Pokémon is not literally, wholly Nintendo's) remains a wildcard in terms of pricing. I seriously doubt that this expansion will be worth half the retail cost of the game.
"It's better than third versions" or "it's better than other passes" would not mean good. All of this and the RRP of these games was already raised from past entries. And the games are still split into two versions. But it's still Pokémon which will always be (and, even at its peak, has always been) archaic in certain respects.

I'm surprised they're finally doing DLC at all. We should have been getting DLC on the 3DS. I'm still miffed about them not patching newer UBs into SM or newer megas into XY. Imagine if they had even patched gen 6 to include gen 7 mons. Imagine if they had patched real events and locations in with Mythicals. Imagine what could have been and the simple things that should have been.

It's still finally a step in the right direction but it's coming later than it should have and I'm not hopeful for the actual execution.

I don't really want to give them props because this should have happened sooner.

For the record, I think the overwhelming majority of this crap falls on TPCi pushing for unreasonable generation cycles. Two generations per console was clearly a mistake.

I really don't give a crap about anything else they announced (other than the other big thing in the free patch and I don't know if it's allowed to discuss it, actual props to GameFreak for pulling that and the update is free as it should be).
#3465 Posted: 04:37:14 10/01/2020
Quote: Drawdler
Nintendo DLC (even if Pokémon is not literally, wholly Nintendo's) remains a wildcard in terms of pricing. I seriously doubt that this expansion will be worth half the retail cost of the game.
"It's better than third versions" or "it's better than other passes" would not mean good. All of this and the RRP of these games was already raised from past entries. And the games are still split into two versions. But it's still Pokémon which will always be (and, even at its peak, has always been) archaic in certain respects.

I'm surprised they're finally doing DLC at all. We should have been getting DLC on the 3DS. I'm still miffed about them not patching newer UBs into SM or newer megas into XY. Imagine if they had even patched gen 6 to include gen 7 mons. Imagine if they had patched real events and locations in with Mythicals. Imagine what could have been and the simple things that should have been.

It's still finally a step in the right direction but it's coming later than it should have and I'm not hopeful for the actual execution.

I don't really want to give them props because this should have happened sooner.

For the record, I think the overwhelming majority of this crap falls on TPCi pushing for unreasonable generation cycles. Two generations per console was clearly a mistake.

I really don't give a crap about anything else they announced (other than the other big thing in the free patch and I don't know if it's allowed to discuss it, actual props to GameFreak for pulling that and the update is free as it should be).

Yes you are allowed to say it's cool a lot of pokemon got confirmed, or hope a certain mon is within that, or ask if it's confirmed a specific mon is coming (we have a list of a lot that got confirmed )

As for the "it's better then a third version", it is especially price wise.
It's a VERY generous thing for Gamefreak to do, in an older gen say perhaps gen 7 they would make us pay retail price for another game. If you get both versions this means per main game release you are going to shell out 120 dollars (for a switch pokemon title). Then another 120 each time

So for the full gen 8 line up (ignoring the still possible remakes for gen 4) we spent 240 dollars without the DLC. 120 if you only buy 1 game from each pair.
Instead we are getting for 30 dollars what effectively is the definitive versions of the game over time. Only 180 if you buy it for both sword and for shield, 90 if you only have 1 version.

Meaning if you buy as much gen 8 games are possible without buying multiples of the same dlc including buying the dlc, you save 60 dollars. That's a whole other game you can buy with that much money.

It's cost efficient, if I could've bought Ultra Sun this way I would have been excited because lets be honest definitive versions are dlc in a new shiny box. '

The fresh batch of new pokemon and plenty of fan favorites also is really really nice. You dont even need the dlc to obtain those pokemon either, you can get them through other methods such as trading as long as you update your game for free
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7506
#3466 Posted: 18:51:12 10/01/2020
It's a better model than how 3rd version games/director's cuts were handled but that does not mean in any way it is now cost efficient compared to previous generations.

Sword and Shield are 60 each. Getting both of their passes cost 60. That's already 180 for the full experience, like you said. And the DLC likely isn't going to be a full fledged adventure, they're likely just going to add a fraction of what's available in the base game, just like how a lot of DLC of this nature is handled in other games.

But you also have to consider that Switch Online costs at least 20 bare minimum, and is needed in order to use the game's online features. There's also Pokemon Home, which I'm not sure if it will have a price, but let's just say for sake of argument it won't, and the only thing you'll have to spend in relation to it is Bank in order to transfer previous Pokemon, which is 5 a year iirc.

That means in order to get the fullest experience with Gen 8 thus far, you have to spend at least $205. And that's not considering if Home will have a price on it(which I can't recall if it will or not), which even if the price for it is small, $205 is still a substantial amount for one set of games.

By comparison, Gen 4 had Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Two base games and one director's cut. At the time, Nintendo DS games had a retail price of 35. Online was completely free, as was transferring Pokemon, even if tedious. Getting all three games gave you the fullest Gen 4 experience. How much would that be?

$105. That's literally half of what Gen 8 has offered.

Or hell, take Gen 6. X and Y were 40 at retail. The full Gen 6 experience cost $80. LESS than half of what Gen 8 has so far. Hell, you could put ORAS into there too and add it up to $160 and it's still less than that Gen 8 is offering with just one set of games.

And although 3rd versions were more or less director's cuts, they were still at least full fledged RPGs being sold at retail price. I am doubtful these DLC packs are going to bring full fledged experiences because while DLC in single player games like these do have a decent amount of content, they are nowhere near the amount of content added in the base games. And from what I personally hear, Gen 8 is already pretty lacking in content to the same degree Gens 6 and 7 were so that certainly doesn't help.

If they do add a substantial amount of content worth their asking price, then awesome. I'm happy to be wrong. But as it stands and considering the factors of these kinds of expansions not being super large and the questionable direction main series Pokemon has taken, I'd be pretty shocked if I do turn out to be wrong.

There's more I want to go into including why I'm personally not a fan of this DLC(which is an understatement) but I'm not going to, mainly because doing that would involve me talking about Dexit to a certain extent which I really do not want to start again.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:45 10/01/2020 by pankakesparx456
#3467 Posted: 20:27:06 10/01/2020
Btw seems like the main site did clarify two questions I had

1. Pokedex, what about dex entries?
Each one (Isle of Armor, Crown Tundra) will have their own dex separate to the main galar dex

2. Level Stuff, how high will these new stories be?
Anyone who just got the games or even are champions can enjoy this content.

So yeah pretty sure we can't just transfer a level 100 and OHKO everything in the story
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#3468 Posted: 14:13:31 11/01/2020
WOOO-HOOO MYSTERY DUNGEON IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! [throws confetti]

I really like how they're emulating the original game's concept art with this visual style. Reminds me of Okami in a way. :3

Also data miner SciresM states the remake is apparently built in Unity.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#3469 Posted: 18:14:38 11/01/2020
btw in case people missed this info
https://swordshield.pokemon.co...s/announcement/

You’ll be able to jump right into your new adventures with the same save data you’ve been using to play Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield! You’ll also be able to begin exploring The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra at almost any point in the main game. Whether you’ve just started your adventure in the Galar region or you’re well along the path to becoming Champion, you’ll be able to enjoy the new content as soon as it’s released, so get ready for a new chapter in your story!

You’ll need to have reached the Wild Area in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield in order to begin your adventures in The Isle of Armor or The Crown Tundra. (This occurs after about two hours of gameplay, though individual gameplay time may vary.)

Pretty sure the storyline will make you use a separate team till you beat the story line
---
#3470 Posted: 23:56:25 11/01/2020
I’m getting the feeling the Manaphy hunt will end soon. I don’t know why, I just feel like it will show up.
---
ThunderEgg Yellow Sparx Gems: 1205
#3471 Posted: 03:09:51 12/01/2020
*sending good vibes*
---
I AM ETERNAL!
#3472 Posted: 14:50:50 15/01/2020

what's funny, the URL has "UK" in it.
---
#3473 Posted: 21:45:00 17/01/2020
who has more characterization and personality

16 minute short

20-30 hour story mode

the answer may surprise you

I love SO MUCH a perspective of someone not named Hau admiring Leon, that's what he needed to sound like less of an asshole. SO MUCH of what you hear of how invincible and unbeatable he is comes from himself or someone slightly related to him, a rando plain watching on tv is so much better.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:46:08 17/01/2020 by Bifrost
#3474 Posted: 22:57:18 17/01/2020
Reason #837 why i love Corviknight: he’s hecka cool in this
---
#3475 Posted: 05:41:35 21/01/2020
[User Posted Image]

Anyone else noticed her headband resembles a poison type not in galar
[User Posted Image]

I wonder, could we see a galarian dustox? That would be really cool to see.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5441
#3476 Posted: 08:40:30 21/01/2020
Yee I’m betting on it. And I bet Avery’s ace will be a Psychic type Galarian Beautifly
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
ThunderEgg Yellow Sparx Gems: 1205
#3477 Posted: 23:54:26 21/01/2020
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

look i'm contributing to this topic!
---
I AM ETERNAL!
#3478 Posted: 16:35:03 28/01/2020

nice!
---
#3479 Posted: 17:32:06 28/01/2020
There's nothing nice about 16 dollars plus Switch online plus paying for Bank to transfer if you miss the free offer
---
I do art!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:32:53 28/01/2020 by Bifrost
#3480 Posted: 18:16:24 28/01/2020
I'm keeping my mons in gen 7 for now. Masudaing is more convenient in USUM because the 3DS battery time isn't terrible.

I am glad that I can transfer my high IV Dittos from lgpe for free though, because I won't be paying €15 for a long while.
---
#3481 Posted: 20:47:49 28/01/2020
Btw havent really kept up with the new anime

But Ash apparently after helping a dragonair evolve, caught a dragonite.

Also wholesome moment
a tcg player invited her mom to play the pokemon tcg at a prerelease
same day the mom learned the game
the mom took top 8 at the prerelease

She should start a tcg poketube account under the name Pokemom.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:40 28/01/2020 by KrystalLBX
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5660
#3482 Posted: 21:48:43 28/01/2020
Ash better keep the damn Dragonite.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4976
#3483 Posted: 03:14:35 29/01/2020
Quote: Bifrost
There's nothing nice about 16 dollars plus Switch online plus paying for Bank to transfer if you miss the free offer

It costs what? Jeez... It's basically just a new version of Bank, why does it cost 3x the price per year? Gen 8 really does not feel kind price-wise.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#3484 Posted: 13:13:43 29/01/2020
Because it has double the storage! Of less than 1mb. With still a 6000 pokémon limit. It's like they're applying Mario Kart Tour prices to this whole gen.
---
I do art!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#3485 Posted: 14:23:22 29/01/2020
If someone cares about transferring from Bank, then I'd suggest they just get one month, transfer all the 'mons they want in SwSh over to SwSh, then not worry about getting another subscription until the next time they want to transfer. Or use a friend that will buy HOME to try and game the system.

What rubs the wrong way about this is that they're hiding certain features that were previously included in the base games (GTS and Wonder Trade) inside of HOME. And even then, those features are locked to the mobile app version and not the Switch one... for some unfathomable reason. It reads to me as very tone-deaf, like the content was purposefully withheld from SwSh so it could be sold as a subscription.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#3486 Posted: 15:07:22 29/01/2020
The way I see it, we're paying for:
-Pokémon transfer (I still don't see why we have to pay for that)
-Pokémon storage (as someone who tries to get every shiny, form, etc I'm ok with this, 6000 is pretty good)
-Being able to wonder trade 10 Pokémon instead of 3 (3 is definitely enough if you ask me)
-Being able to GTS 3 Pokémon instead of 1 (1 is enough tbh)
-The ability to make rooms in Room Trade (does anyone legitimately care?)
-The judge function (Wow, it's not like that feature is in the main games already)

Definitely not worth €16.
---
#3487 Posted: 16:27:41 29/01/2020
Just make bank free if you have to pay more money for premium home
#3488 Posted: 18:47:53 30/01/2020

I dont play pokemon masters
but thats a cool announcement
---
#3489 Posted: 20:26:56 30/01/2020
Am I allowed to comment home allows you to store any pokemon in it?
---
Lunar Blue Sparx Gems: 586
#3490 Posted: 00:33:01 31/01/2020
Also real quick, I just gotta say that TPC giving us $30 DLC rather than a third $40 game is not "generous". It's still TPC releasing a product they know is itself not enough to fully satisfy players and purposely waiting to release necessary post-game content for a profit. Just because it's $10 less than usual does not make it a good deal or any less shady business wise imo.

I hate the idea of paying to use previous Gen Pokemon, I can understand if they needed more time to fully implement Camp models for all 1000+ Pokemon, but you could put that in an update like Smash Bros did with Stage Builder and Home-Run Contest. Splatoon 2 didn't put any legacy content behind a pay-wall, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe didn't even put NEW stuff behind a paywall. It's just not something I'm comfortable supporting with my wallet.
---
Hey guys sorry i havent been posting....been real busy
#3491 Posted: 01:02:14 31/01/2020
It's only 10$ off a full third party game. And from those screenshots, I doubt the Isle and the Tundra will be as big as a postgame area back in the day to justify the price; it's just gonna be a huge wild area to fill space like mainland Galar and then a little bit of puzzle for the Regi dungeon.
---
I do art!
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6447
#3492 Posted: 01:19:45 31/01/2020 | Topic Creator
I'm not opposed to Pokémon having something akin to an expansion pass, and I am interested in the contents of the DLC. But I do feel that the way they're executing this isn't the best way to go about doing it, and the price feels a bit steep. :/

That said, I'm more bothered about the fact that you have to buy the expansion pass for both games than anything.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:36:42 31/01/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#3493 Posted: 02:07:56 31/01/2020
Quote: Lunar
Also real quick, I just gotta say that TPC giving us $30 DLC rather than a third $40 game is not "generous". It's still TPC releasing a product they know is itself not enough to fully satisfy players and purposely waiting to release necessary post-game content for a profit. Just because it's $10 less than usual does not make it a good deal or any less shady business wise imo.

I hate the idea of paying to use previous Gen Pokemon, I can understand if they needed more time to fully implement Camp models for all 1000+ Pokemon, but you could put that in an update like Smash Bros did with Stage Builder and Home-Run Contest. Splatoon 2 didn't put any legacy content behind a pay-wall, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe didn't even put NEW stuff behind a paywall. It's just not something I'm comfortable supporting with my wallet.

Ummmmmm it's 30 dollars less then a third game

Switch titles cost 60 dollars not 40 dollars.

meaning we are getting the equivalent of a third game upgrade, for half the price of a normal switch title.
AND if you have a friend who owns the content, or just people to trade with in general you can get every single mon in a base version of the game.
Same with any new raids in the DLC places, you can do them regardless if you dont own the expansion pass.

If you really dont care about the new legendaries that aren't in raids, Im offering up my egg service for anything else in the dex.

I already have pretty much everything available (minus maybe a specific prevo) so just DM me and I will breed an egg for you.
It's not that difficult, really.

Anyways
NEWS TIME

From now (Jan 30th) to February 6th an increased chance of finding milcery with Gmax trait in raid battles!!! This means you can get yourself an Alcremie of any form for Gigantamaxing!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:15 31/01/2020 by KrystalLBX
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5441
#3494 Posted: 18:12:23 31/01/2020
February 27th they're announcing a new Mythical
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#3495 Posted: 19:05:01 31/01/2020
PLEASE have content for the Mythical this time
---
#3496 Posted: 19:38:07 31/01/2020
Of course there's content: you'll talk to this NPC once and he'll just give you the ultra rare pokémon. Just like Magearna!
---
I do art!
#3497 Posted: 20:10:10 31/01/2020
Ah yes, I fondly remember the big side quest that happened when I unlocked the Zeraora/Marshadow/Magearna/Volcanion/Hoopa /Diancie event, such great lore that wasn't just "idk it's rare I guess."
---
#3498 Posted: 22:09:42 31/01/2020
Oh forgot to mention
the special Ribbon and Star Sweets are also now available for players as rewards for defeating the Milcery raids.

PLEASE have content for the Mythical this time

Kubfu is a mythical isnt it?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:10:58 31/01/2020 by KrystalLBX
#3499 Posted: 00:31:57 01/02/2020
Nah I think it’s still classified as just a legendary.
---
#3500 Posted: 11:59:45 01/02/2020
Alright, I'm about to leave for the SWSH pre release, hopefully it goes better than the Cosmic Eclipse prerelease. I went up against this one girl who pulled a Togepi/Igglybuff/Cleffa Tag Team and one of our matches went like this:

-I attach a water energy to Piplup (my only basic) and end my turn
-She attaches a Fairy energy to the baby trio and ends her turn
-I attach another water energy but I need a third one to attack.
-She attaches a fairy energy and uses her gx attack to skip my turn
-She attaches another energy and wins the match
---
First | Previous | Page 70 of 73 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me