Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Anybody else simultaneously excited and melancholy for college football?
Page 1 of 1
Anybody else simultaneously excited and melancholy for college football?
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#1 Posted: 03:05:03 02/09/2017 | Topic Creator
I love me some college football. There have already been a couple good games, and the season is only days old.

But it seems like it's harder and harder to get really excited when now more than ever, it's a rigged system. The haves have systematically stripped all resources and cash flows from the have-nots. Shoot, most of the haves are even patsies for the real royalty programs in their conferences.

The haves can do anything they want to. Their administrations look the other way and cover up paid players, assaults, rapes, and myriad other crimes committed by their players. Many of these schools don't actually require their athletes to learn anything, and half the time even require that they go to class. And since the NCAA has now stipulated sanctions if graduation rates fall too low (valiant effort on part of the NCAA...for once, the blood-sucking sunza...), the schools now just give their athletes sham degrees that will never do the players any good after their careers are over. They're literally using young men and casting them aside when they're no longer useful.

And I concede that, to a greater or lesser extent, "it's always been that way," but at least those in power didn't used to flaunt it with impunity.

I've always loved the passion, pageantry and tradition of college football. But it's getting to the point that I'm having too hard a time disassociating the toxic culture that's developed from all of those things that I love(d?) about it.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#2 Posted: 03:59:00 02/09/2017
Nope. I couldn't care less about really any sport. Especially football.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#3 Posted: 04:09:47 02/09/2017
Quote: Seiki

Then why freaking post then?

Yes I've been waiting for kick off for months!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#4 Posted: 04:31:34 02/09/2017
Quote: willspyro

Because it's a completely fair question asking if people are excited. Yes, the idea is to draw in people who are, but you don't have to be to simply answer the question. Which the answer to the question is no, I'm not excited because I hate sports. All it is a bunch of idiots who don't know how to drive, ****ing up traffic to turn a simple drive to work into a massive traffic jam by blocking intersections (which is illegal anyway) from their impatience and people trying to tow cars from workers at completely unrelated businesses because they wish to sell the parking spots to a store blocks away from the stadium to aforementioned idiots.

Besides, as pointed out in the OP, college football is a joke where the schools don't inherently care about the players and only use them to fill their own pockets.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#5 Posted: 04:35:24 02/09/2017
^Well most of the players play there to go to the pros to get their money too you know.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#6 Posted: 05:41:47 02/09/2017
Quote: willspyro

Because it's a completely fair question asking if people are excited. Yes, the idea is to draw in people who are, but you don't have to be to simply answer the question. Which the answer to the question is no, I'm not excited because I hate sports. All it is a bunch of idiots who don't know how to drive, ****ing up traffic to turn a simple drive to work into a massive traffic jam by blocking intersections (which is illegal anyway) from their impatience and people trying to tow cars from workers at completely unrelated businesses because they wish to sell the parking spots to a store blocks away from the stadium to aforementioned idiots.

Besides, as pointed out in the OP, college football is a joke where the schools don't inherently care about the players and only use them to fill their own pockets.

you sound like that one kid who hears the word "sports" and goes on a ramble on how idiotic it is despite never playing it in their lives
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#7 Posted: 18:43:19 02/09/2017 | Topic Creator
I dunno, this Texas - Maryland game is pretty entertaining. After two touchdowns in quick succession, Maryland just got penalized on the extra-point try for having two players with the number 57 on the field at the same time smilie smilie smilie

As an aside, I really hope Maryland pulls this off. Texas is one of the WORST haves, because they routinely screw over the other members of their conference. They're already responsible for 4 of their former conference-mates throwing up their hands, saying, "screw it" and moving to another conference. If the Big12 dies, it's all on them, and the real tragedy is, they'd still have a soft landing-spot because they've got that kind of funding.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:44:00 02/09/2017 by pjc613
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me