darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > The 1+ variant figure(s) you will never get even if you get the chance
Page 1 of 1
The 1+ variant figure(s) you will never get even if you get the chance [CLOSED]
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 14:03:11 27/08/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

These, god how much I hate these.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:07:16 27/08/2017 by Windumup
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 14:13:25 27/08/2017
You're an entire year and 5 drama threads late.

One of the few benefits of Acti abandoning the series' spotlight is that we didn't get any of this in Imaginators, good lord.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:14:55 27/08/2017 by Bifrost
Chompy Mage Red Sparx Gems: 30
#3 Posted: 16:08:10 05/10/2017
Wow, that's pretty lazy, yeah
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#4 Posted: 02:23:10 06/10/2017
Eh, I don't mind them. And by that I mean, I respect that they did something specifically for that particular cause, but I don't think they look particularly good, so I definitely wouldn't collect them.

I'm honestly not sure whether they were designed with that color scheme specifically because some people on the autism spectrum do better with fewer and cooler color tones like blue, or if blue is just "the" autism awareness color.

Either way, as one who has many relatives with children who are clinically autistic, as well as having a young son who is beginning to exhibit traits that lead us to believe he is on the spectrum (we're meeting with a child psychologist for more information), I'm happy to know that ActiVision considered it a worthwhile cause to support.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:24:06 06/10/2017 by pjc613
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#5 Posted: 23:59:02 08/11/2017
I haven’t like a single Varient better the original since Swap Force. Polar Whirlwind looks amazing. Nitro Magna Charge (and ONLY his Nitro) looks pretty spiffy. I was reducing varient figures a while back and kept Granite Crusher and Scarlet Ninjini, getting rid of the default make-up instead.

I’d rather have damn near ANY other content versus these variant toys on the shelves. I’m glad people pumped the breaks on buying them, but most of us are still stuck with a Santa Chompy Mage while left wanting for the original.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 00:15:43 09/11/2017
I wonder if they did it on purpose to make sure Jingle Bells Chompy Mage sold a lot.

I think they started releasing variants before the official version with SuperChargers, Astroblast comes to mind in particular, don't remember them doing that prior to it.
May have figured out that releasing a variant waaay before the actual "official" figure would have encouraged (or "forced", if you prefer) customers to pick it up if they wanted to play ith that character as soon as possible.

The regular version would potentially sell just as well, if not even more, because of the people waiting for it and the collectors wanting every possible version.
That's if they do release it properly, of course: was lucky to find myself one, but it wasn't exactly easy nor cheap.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#7 Posted: 00:28:09 09/11/2017
You are 100% on point friend. It’s a ruthless (and intelligent) play to get you to buy both.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 00:39:25 09/11/2017
Except here they passed the limit.

I was already a bit annoyed when I found out about Astroblast, but even after my complaints I just kept being patient and eventually his regular Racing Action Pack came out.

Chompy Mage, though...?
I believe they never said anything on him, and this would be the first time a regular version gets replaced by a variant, at least in terms of wide release.
Unlike with Buckshot, where the opposite happened, which is a little bit more understandable.

They'll definitely have to improve the way they handle distribution, if they want to stick to the TtL formula.
Dimensions (and possibly also Infinity) got this right, by announcing release dates for the various Waves.

Sorry for the slight off-topicness, by the way, just wanted to get this out since we were on the subject.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#9 Posted: 19:30:19 11/11/2017
I don’t really see the difference between these power blue variants and, say, the legendaries. They are both just two tone copies. Hey are NEARLY as ugly as ALL of the Easter variants, and the splat one doesn’t even look bad, her regular figure just looks amazing.

Here’s to hoping that we still get to use the SC figures down the road. They were so much better balanced then any other gimmick, the sculpts look great, and they were a good mix of nice new looks for old favorites as well as originals. Here’s where blanket *****ing about a game by a community always fails to highlight the stuff done remarkably well.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me