Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Toy Story ****in' 2
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#1 Posted: 09:10:37 31/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Best PS1 Movie game 10 out of 10

---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#2 Posted: 19:33:25 03/08/2017
I don't watch Caddy's content as much as I could, but I doubt I'll need to see the video to get the gist of what he thinks of it. It's a very popular PS1 game, and definitely one that got the most limelight out of all the Disney games on the console. But besides being more open and a tad more fleshed out, I'm not so sure why. Maybe it's because the film had greater lasting appeal or evokes more nostalgia than other Disney movie tie-in games. It's not as though other Disney games were bad either, or worse than other platform games on the system.

I don't disagree with your assessment though - 'tis a brilliant game, although I remember the camera being a nuisance.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#3 Posted: 06:45:25 04/08/2017
I used to have this on Dreamcast, that was the best version I think. But anyway I loved this game and really need to pick it up again sometime, along with the first Toy Story game on Genesis.
---
Boop me if you see this.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#4 Posted: 19:25:43 04/08/2017
Roses are Red
Violets are blue
Thought I was gonna say Toy Story ****in 2?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#5 Posted: 21:36:28 05/08/2017
Quote: Johnbonne
I don't watch Caddy's content as much as I could, but I doubt I'll need to see the video to get the gist of what he thinks of it. It's a very popular PS1 game, and definitely one that got the most limelight out of all the Disney games on the console. But besides being more open and a tad more fleshed out, I'm not so sure why. Maybe it's because the film had greater lasting appeal or evokes more nostalgia than other Disney movie tie-in games. It's not as though other Disney games were bad either, or worse than other platform games on the system.

I don't disagree with your assessment though - 'tis a brilliant game, although I remember the camera being a nuisance.

I remember the review in Playstation Magazine only rated it average.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#6 Posted: 17:10:23 06/08/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Johnbonne

I remember the review in Playstation Magazine only rated it average.

Quite a few critics had; on Metacritic its percentage (baring in mind that it's gathering reviews from 20+ years ago) is 75% (5 positive, 6 average reviews), but from a commercial or "average player" view it was really popular, and that popularity has only soared in recent years based on what I've seen. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me