Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Game Recommendations...? [CLOSED]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 20:42:35 08/06/2017 | Topic Creator
So I'm getting (or most likely getting) a PS4 this summer, and I'm really freaking excited. But here's the thing I want to know - what games should I get? What do you guys recommend?

I'm already buying N.Sane Trilogy and Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn (solely for the purpose of memes) for sure, but I want to know what else to get.

Any advice? I don't have lotsa money so I can't get a ton. I just want maybe 4-5 good, fun games.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 20:56:08 08/06/2017
Bloodborne, I heard, is pretty good! Street Fighter 5 too if you're into fighting games
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3 Posted: 21:07:35 08/06/2017
I'm not really into PlayStation 4 besides wanting to play Crash/Ratchet & Clank, but oh well:

• Kingdom Hearts if you like RPG and Disney. They have some compilations of older games and a third one is in production.
  • Persona 5 if you're, again, into RPG, and angst teens. Someone else might be better to inform you about it.
  • Remasters. Lost something you wanna play from PS3 or older consoles? You have a lot of options. The Last of Us, God of War III...
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn. They are fighting Breath of the Wild fans for good reason. Okay, not really a good reason, but it's close in quality, from what I've heard.
  • Overwatch, if you don't wanna get it on PC.
  • Maybe try PSNow? Kinda of a streaming service for games, old and new. You might find something good.
  • I heard Nier: Automata is pretty great. Can't tell you much aside it's known for great combat, great plot, great soundtrack and great protagonist.
  • Third parties in general I guess. You can have Sonic, Spider-Man, Metal Gear...
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:01 08/06/2017 by Crash10
#4 Posted: 21:11:04 08/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I'm considering Overwatch. It sure ain't cheap, tho.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:54 08/06/2017 by Chompy-King257
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 21:15:47 08/06/2017

persona 5 persona 5 PERSONA 5 PERSONA 5

In all seriousness, 90+ hour game, HEAVILY story-based and railroaded(not that it's a bad thing in a calendar-based game), but with an amazing experiment on combining UI and theming in a turn-based RPG, and the amazing writing the series has always had.

Seconding Nier: Automata. You don't need to do more than watch some plot summaries on youtube of the first game(seriously NieR: Gestalt is expensive), and it's a Platinum Games experience that's much less reliant on perfect combos and just exploring and having fun... Or Yoko Taro's definition of fun, but still an interesting adventure.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:17:30 08/06/2017 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#6 Posted: 21:17:24 08/06/2017
THE NEW INSOMNICAC SPIDERMAN! I might be getting a PS4 as well for my birthday this summer and this is at the top o' my list.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#7 Posted: 21:20:23 08/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Are there any games like GTA that maybe aren't so...violent?
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#8 Posted: 22:12:56 08/06/2017
Uh I dunno. You mean open-world with lots of driving? We have Project CARS and stuff.
---
Bruh
#9 Posted: 22:30:32 08/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, something like that.

I'm seriously thinking about Overwatch but I dunno. I have to think about it.
---
#10 Posted: 22:40:21 08/06/2017
Overwatch has the usual metagame and community issues, so if you're not too into multiplayer I wouldn't recommend that as it wouldn't change your mind.

On open world, dunno, Horizon Zero Dawn?
---
#11 Posted: 22:45:23 08/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Overwatch has the usual metagame and community issues, so if you're not too into multiplayer I wouldn't recommend that as it wouldn't change your mind.

On open world, dunno, Horizon Zero Dawn?

Yeah, maybe. Looks interesting.
---
#12 Posted: 00:40:02 09/06/2017
Oh, remembered another one. Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age is coming out real soon. My introduction to FF and, as controversial as is, still holds up. It's not completely open world, but the game kinda lets go of your hand and lets you do whatever after a certain point for rare monsters and summons. Probably one of the few games I actively tried to finish most sidequests on, but younger me did NOT have the patience for the final weapons :c

Memories of running into Exodus mid-story because I didn't think they'd let me off the rails that far, WHOOPS
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:41:38 09/06/2017 by Bifrost
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#13 Posted: 02:50:18 09/06/2017
Quote: Bifrost

persona 5 persona 5 PERSONA 5 PERSONA 5

In all seriousness, 90+ hour game, HEAVILY story-based and railroaded(not that it's a bad thing in a calendar-based game), but with an amazing experiment on combining UI and theming in a turn-based RPG, and the amazing writing the series has always had.

Seconding Nier: Automata. You don't need to do more than watch some plot summaries on youtube of the first game(seriously NieR: Gestalt is expensive), and it's a Platinum Games experience that's much less reliant on perfect combos and just exploring and having fun... Or Yoko Taro's definition of fun, but still an interesting adventure.

And you won best post of year award.

---

As for actual recommendations. Most of the games I am gonna drop on ya are old af and you probably aren't gonna get good prices on ebay or amazon for them.

• Croc - If you miss the days of Crash and Spyro. I'd recommend Croc (the first game of it) to you because it was made during that time and it's a lot more fun to play. It's a 3D platformer, has a 10/10 soundtrack, though the camera is a bit of a *****, but tolerable.

• WipeOut - Idk much about about the newer WipeOut games, but I believe they're actually doing pretty well. I would say play the first game, but it's old af and the game is basically "hit a bump? You lose." the game (but I do recommend the sexy af soundtrack). It's a futuristic racing game with floating cars that look like funny hats.

• Okami/HD - It's like Legend of Zelda but with A LOT more Japanese mythos and your main protag is a wolfy. Honestly in theme and gameplay it's pretty and nice. I recommend seeing about getting the HD remake of the game however since it helps you be able to see in the game in general. The HD remake is PSN only and about $30.

• Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed - It's basically Sega's Mario kart, but it does have some cool flight and water mechanics in there. It's just a fun time tbh.

• Heroes of the Storm - It's Blizzard's version of League of Legends (A MOBA MMO) except actually better in terms of tolerance and some irritating mechanics being left out. The only chat you get in the game is from your allies, which you can mute. Characters from Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Lost Vikings, and OverWatch are in it.

• WildStar - A MMO RPG that I like to describe as Free Realms, but **** Fantasy and add in Space and drunks. There's a lot of info, but there's 2 factions the Exiles and the Dominion who each have 4 races to play and many roles/classes you can play with.

• Twisted Metal - It's a relatively old series, but it's still around I think. Personally I like Twisted Metal 4 and Twisted Metal Black. It's a series involving cars getting weapons and blowing everyone up. Though if you are looking into the story it's edgy(ish) and dark. Most of the characters are pretty messed up... Dunno how you'd feel about that.

• Rush 2049 - A old racing game released in the arcades, dreamcast, N64, and Gameboy color. It's a really cool game that allows to pick race, combat, or stunt mode. You can pick a model car of your choice and pick it's colors and etc.

• SkullGirls - It's a 2D fighting game mainly consisting of a women cast (there's literally like 2 playable male characters. I am not joking). It has a campaign mode for when you want to play for some story, I must warn you of 2 things. 1. If your parents question boob jiggles you might not want this game (there's a lot of that. It's not a sexual game I can tell you that). 2. The character stories can be ranging from really dark or depressing. Not depressing as in it's a bad pay-off, but more like you feel bad because of the scenario that characters got placed in. It's on Steam for $10 and the extra characters are DLC.

Otherwise I can't think of any game to recommend atm.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#14 Posted: 03:01:28 09/06/2017
Moved to gaming.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#15 Posted: 10:26:20 09/06/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Are there any games like GTA that maybe aren't so...violent?

If you're looking for something like GTA but kid friendly, LEGO City Undercover will be right up your alley. It recently received a PS4 release.

If you just want general open world games, Horizon: Zero Dawn is probably the best one there is on PS4. If you want like a superhero open world game, the Gravity Rush games are in that kind of genre, and of course there is the upcoming Spider-Man game.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#16 Posted: 13:00:58 09/06/2017
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5, THEN KH 2.8.

Final Fantasy XV if you're into the hack and slash RPG style from KH.

Overwatch
---
My life is complete.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#17 Posted: 14:27:00 09/06/2017
Dark souls 3, yes it's hard, but it honestly is one of the best games I've ever played. An amazing world, story, a million different ways to play, great multiplayer, 100% recommendation.

Other than that, all the above recommendations are good.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#18 Posted: 14:49:35 09/06/2017 | Topic Creator
An open world, first person shooter would be ideal. The candidates are GTA, Overwatch or Fallout 4. I think I can only get one.

What one do you guys say is best?
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#19 Posted: 15:52:57 09/06/2017
Well, Overwatch isn't an open world fps so that's off the list.

Idk much about the other two though.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#20 Posted: 01:30:50 10/06/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
@Trix - He's talking about PS4 game recommendations, as stated in the OP.

Oh **** you right. My bad. I think you can still find some of the games recommended on PS4 tho right? Even through PSN?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#21 Posted: 00:48:59 13/06/2017
The Last Guardian. Not sure if it's your thing, but this is easily my favorite game on the system and one of my favorite games of all time.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#22 Posted: 02:34:45 13/06/2017
persona 5. its like 100 hours long so your money is well spent.
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#23 Posted: 04:44:12 13/06/2017

Still the best indie game of the decade that uses an outside setting.
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me