Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1 Posted: 18:57:08 23/05/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

This is a thing that is happening apparently. Not gonna lie, I'm in! This is gonna be weird as **** and I'm ready to have my mind thoroughly blown at E3
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 19:12:16 23/05/2017
This is the stupidest thing Nintendo has ever done.

And I actually kinda love it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3 Posted: 19:24:47 23/05/2017
Laura K. Buzz was telling us all the truth just like what was happening with No Man's Sky.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 19:35:26 23/05/2017
I was ok with this until I saw the Peach Rabbid taking a selfie. Something something fellow kids.

Giant beam weapons don't make me think this is turn-based strategy tho, the art feels too chaotic.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 19:38:08 23/05/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

More details... I still am in complete shock that this exists
#6 Posted: 19:42:22 23/05/2017
Oh my god that first ad is a bit cringy. Yup, Peach is always in distress, let's ignore all the spinoffs where she's either playable or set crazy plans in motion for when she's inevitably sought by villains because of her powers. Let's also ignore hammers, fire flowers, FLUDD, nope we never had any weapons. Luigi is even using a small version of the Poltergust what the **** are you talking about
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:43:20 23/05/2017 by Bifrost
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#7 Posted: 19:42:36 23/05/2017
Just keep Rosalina outta this one and the worst it could be for me is an inoffensive game for kids.

Though I have to wonder why Nintendo rejected Warrior Princess Peach for Skylanders Superchargers, but are absolutely fine with this.

Because the former would have been actually "badass" and way more dignified.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:37 23/05/2017 by sonicbrawler182
#8 Posted: 19:47:04 23/05/2017
Yeah, this feels odd even if Ubisoft is the one doing this horrid marketing, Nintendo is always mentioned to be SUPER strict with their characters and references to them following their own rules(even with Bayonetta where the devs mentioned that it was a surprise that they wanted her to be in character and sexy).

edit:LEAK PARTY

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

"Convince media/gamers" boy you sure failed that

This does confirm it's Ubisoft, this english usage is exactly what someone with latin languages would use.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 20:06:03 23/05/2017 by Bifrost
#9 Posted: 19:51:38 23/05/2017 | Topic Creator
I don't know what you're talking about, dude. Everyone I've seen online is embracing the weirdness.

I know I'm buying it.
#10 Posted: 19:54:19 23/05/2017
The art style is super pretty, but the marketing is already feeling too "on with the times" and the idiotic assumptions about the Mario series on that first slide give me bad flashbacks to several games. Not gonna be mad at anyone that's hyped at it... But c'mooon, Rabbids' lolrandom was already treading a fine line. Could've done without relying on these things.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:55:38 23/05/2017 by Bifrost
#11 Posted: 20:03:17 23/05/2017
Well, my waifu's packing heat. So as far as I'm concerned I'm sold.

And hey, look on the bright side: Could've been Metroid + Rabbids.
---
Check this out! Please?
#12 Posted: 20:05:39 23/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well, my waifu's packing heat. So as far as I'm concerned I'm sold.

And hey, look on the bright side: Could've been Metroid + Rabbids.

Mother + Rabbids for ultimate WTF.
#13 Posted: 20:07:09 23/05/2017
Well, maybe not on this genre("crazy combat adventure" eurgh), but Samus having to team up with the Rabbids to fight space pirates and repeatedly having to avoid friendly fire sounds like a cool premise.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#14 Posted: 20:15:27 23/05/2017
What the actual ****.

Horrible marketing, interested concept. Gonna keep my eye on it.
---
Bruh
#15 Posted: 20:19:38 23/05/2017
To be honest, the thing that weirds me out about this the most is:

When Mario and Sonic crossover, an Olympic Games party game. Not a grand RPG or platforming adventure.

When Mario crosses over with two of the biggest RPG names, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, it's a sports party game and Monopoly party game respectively.

But when Rabbids, a franchise known for it's party games and lolsorandom humour, gets a crossover with Mario, it's freakin' full-scale strategy RPG, and not a party game.

Like I just don't get Nintendo sometimes.

Actually no that's a lie, I question a lot of their decisions.
---
#16 Posted: 20:46:05 23/05/2017
Kudos to them for being unpredictable, I guess?
---
Check this out! Please?
#17 Posted: 20:50:55 23/05/2017
Quote: sonicbrawler182
To be honest, the thing that weirds me out about this the most is:

When Mario and Sonic crossover, an Olympic Games party game. Not a grand RPG or platforming adventure.

When Mario crosses over with two of the biggest RPG names, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, it's a sports party game and Monopoly party game respectively.

But when Rabbids, a franchise known for it's party games and lolsorandom humour, gets a crossover with Mario, it's freakin' full-scale strategy RPG, and not a party game.

Like I just don't get Nintendo sometimes.

Actually no that's a lie, I question a lot of their decisions.

I think only the Square games were pitched by Nintendo, and there's business reasons behind the Olympic series. This one is definitely strange, but remember Ubisoft had a good streak of RPGs recently (Child of Light, South Park...), so we might be getting something good from this.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:03 23/05/2017 by Crash10
#18 Posted: 21:05:40 23/05/2017
Laura's leak from way back also said the game is kinda like XCOM. Good hopes for the gameplay, but my expectations for writing are on the floor.
---
#19 Posted: 21:12:37 23/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Laura's leak from way back also said the game is kinda like XCOM. Good hopes for the gameplay, but my expectations for writing are on the floor.

Well yeah, I mean... Mario game stories are mostly "Bowser does a bad thing, go stop him" and Rabbids game stories are mostly... idfk whatever.

So, not exactly expecting another The Last of Us.
---
Check this out! Please?
#20 Posted: 21:15:45 23/05/2017
Writing, not story. I mean the stuff we usually get in Mario games, which is usually tongue-in-cheek but fun, versus referencing every dated meme and trend this year can muster. Color Splash was a bit guilty of it, but other games have shown you can do much, MUCH worse.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:32 23/05/2017 by Bifrost
#21 Posted: 21:17:46 23/05/2017
I'm not expecting anything much distant from Imaginators cutscenes or the Minions film.

I mean, Rabbids are just white Minions with ears.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:09 23/05/2017 by Crash10
#22 Posted: 21:20:10 23/05/2017
rabbids came first hissss

Dunno, Rabbids in their first games were a lot more openly malicious. Like not what that lineup picture says, ALL of them are insane and have no regard for anyone as long as they're having their fun and games. Haven't followed them since then so I don't know how the last games were.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:52 23/05/2017 by Bifrost
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#23 Posted: 21:20:52 23/05/2017
Hey look it's RabbidLuigi! I'll stop but anyway it's a dumb crossover but there have been worse.
#24 Posted: 21:31:12 23/05/2017
rabbids came first hissss

Dunno, Rabbids in their first games were a lot more openly malicious. Like not what that lineup picture says, ALL of them are insane and have no regard for anyone as long as they're having their fun and games. Haven't followed them since then so I don't know how the last games were.

I guess they had to change it up when they started becoming the bigger things and having their own games. They were more, you know, actually evil, when it was more about Rayman.
---
Bruh
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#25 Posted: 21:38:54 23/05/2017
Huh... well this is... a thing.

Certainly could be interesting. But I really don't know how much Nintendo's actually contributing to this development. And I am not a supporter of Ubisoft's general development practices so I'm a bit concerned for this game's fate. Many folks I know online resent the Rabbids for nearly killing off Rayman (and destroying the possibility of another 3D Rayman platformer). <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#26 Posted: 22:00:42 23/05/2017
So we get arm cannons. And people said we weren't getting a new Mega Man game.
---
Soon.
#27 Posted: 22:02:25 23/05/2017
Quote: HIR
Huh... well this is... a thing.

Certainly could be interesting. But I really don't know how much Nintendo's actually contributing to this development. And I am not a supporter of Ubisoft's general development practices so I'm a bit concerned for this game's fate. Many folks I know online resent the Rabbids for nearly killing off Rayman (and destroying the possibility of another 3D Rayman platformer). <.<;

Ubisoft is kinda mixed on their business practices. They have franchises with yearly games, like Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Rabbids, it goes on. But they also throw in some gems from time to time, showing they at least don't care just for the money, and want to make some games more for the sake of art. Examples include Beyond Good & Evil, Valiant Hearts, Child of Light, main series Rayman, it goes on.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:46 23/05/2017 by Crash10
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#28 Posted: 22:26:10 23/05/2017
is no one gonna comment on the fact that the ad says turtle shelves
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#29 Posted: 22:41:13 23/05/2017
Relevant:

[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
#30 Posted: 23:21:03 23/05/2017
So a friend told me about it but I thought someone would get to it faster than I could post it

But is that a DK Rabbid in the cover of the game
---
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#31 Posted: 23:21:33 23/05/2017
I'm cringing.

This looks horribly stupid to me and I can't even fathom why Nintendo would do this. I'm not getting it.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
#32 Posted: 23:35:56 23/05/2017
So a friend told me about it but I thought someone would get to it faster than I could post it

But is that a DK Rabbid in the cover of the game

I guess DK will have something in the game. Yoshi's using a DK- themed weapon.
---
Bruh
#33 Posted: 00:18:15 24/05/2017
Okay, I decided I'm going to reserve my judgement until we see gameplay or something. I agree this is a pretty stupid idea, but who knows, it could be wind-up being well-executed.

Or it could be a total flop. Either way, reserving judgement and remaining cautiously optimistic.
---
Check this out! Please?
#34 Posted: 00:23:49 24/05/2017
Can I post more memes?

Obviously I can.

[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#35 Posted: 00:37:00 24/05/2017
WAIT WHAT

OH MY GOD!!!

MY DREAMS HAVE FINALLY COME TRUE

Although, never thought nintendo would use the term Kick-ass
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#36 Posted: 01:25:03 24/05/2017
Copy pasting this from a post of mine on another forum but:

I think I alluded to it already, but if there's one thing I really just don't want to happen in the Rabbids game, is that I don't want the non-playable Mario characters to get underplayed or "humiliated" in any way just for the sake of making a lazy "ooooh noooo Mario has to rescue all his friends who totally can't fend for themselves from the Rabbids" storyline.

Like if that DK Rabbid we see is just a big and strong Rabbid who happens to dress up like DK like the Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi Rabbids, then sure, that's fine and actually quite amusing. Get the real DK involved in the fight against him and that could be awesome too.

If that's actually DK himself though and he's been mutated into a Rabbid (or he's being held in captivity by the big Rabbid), then that's the kind of crap that would actively make me really hate the game, even if the game play is really good (and from what I'm hearing, it sounds like a good alternative to Codename STEAM). Same with Wario, Waluigi, and Rosalina. Rosalina should flat out be absent from this game IMO if she's not playable, or should have an uninvolved cameo that still excludes her from the main events. Unless they make her send the Rabbids home at the end as a brief cameo or something, then I only see them putting a huge blemish on the character if they use her, like making the Rabbids capture her or take over the Comet Observatory or something, reducing her to a damsel in distress. I just don't trust Nintendo or Ubisoft enough right now to be able to handle the character in a role thag actually involves her in a main story of a game (ironic, given what gives the character a good portion of her appeal and popularity).

Wario and Waluigi could work as rivals to the playable characters in this game, I could see them actually embracing the chaos the Rabbids bring or taking advantage of it in some way. Maybe they actually get some Rabbids to help them in a money making scheme and you might even have to liberate those Rabbids? They definitely shouldn't be just another person to save or something either, though.

This is honestly one Mario game where I would be all for as basic a roster of characters as possible as it reduces the chances of that happening.
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#37 Posted: 01:31:31 24/05/2017
I think this is going to boil down to one simple thing.

If I can play as Bowser, I'll get it. If I can't, I won't. That simple.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#38 Posted: 01:41:55 24/05/2017
Quote: kardonis

Dude, it says 8 playable characters

Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Rabbid Mario, Rabbid Luigi, Rabbid Yoshi, and Rabbid Peach.

So, I guess you're not getting the game then

Might want to judge this a bit differently if you do want it
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#39 Posted: 01:43:02 24/05/2017

One of the images already show the playable characters. Unless there's more in the future, we only have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and their Rabbid counterparts.
---
Bruh
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#40 Posted: 01:47:00 24/05/2017
Oh wow, this is top tier trash then.

I can't count how many unique characters they could have to play as, but instead only have "8" which are all doubles? Pffft yeah right, awful.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#41 Posted: 01:59:32 24/05/2017
To the credit of the game, they apparently all have different play styles, so they're not entirely alike outside of their looks.
#42 Posted: 02:01:42 24/05/2017
Oh wow, this is top tier trash then.

I can't count how many unique characters they could have to play as, but instead only have "8" which are all doubles? Pffft yeah right, awful.

Really, dude

I hate it when people judge games before the god dang footage is even footage.

First off, the rabbid versions of the characters aren't clones, they are entirly different characters with different playstyles.

Also, BTW if they had more than 8, the I'm pretty sure the game would be too easy, they chose the number for a reason
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#43 Posted: 03:48:08 24/05/2017
considering buying just because of "The Badass Princess"
#44 Posted: 10:50:39 24/05/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

I'm buying this because I love

But also because of the badass princess

Also, does anybody see the little robo-rabbid on the cover, it's so CUTE!!!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#45 Posted: 12:51:35 24/05/2017

Same, dude. I know that'll most likely be retconned when Odyssey comes out but I wanna see my favorite princess kicking ass and taking names.
---
Check this out! Please?
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#46 Posted: 13:51:33 24/05/2017
l m a o.
---
My life is complete.
#47 Posted: 13:53:01 24/05/2017
And once again, SMRPG and SPM never happened.
---
#48 Posted: 15:12:41 24/05/2017
And once again, SMRPG and SPM never happened.

Yeah but did Peach pack heat in those games?

((Btw I was aware Peach has been playable before outside of the sports games. I'm not taking this too seriously since I doubt the game's going to either.))
---
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#49 Posted: 15:39:22 24/05/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03

Same, dude. I know that'll most likely be retconned when Odyssey comes out but I wanna see my favorite princess kicking ass and taking names.

let peach say ****
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me