Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > All Purpose Emoji Movie Topic
Page 1 of 1
All Purpose Emoji Movie Topic
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#1 Posted: 16:33:14 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator

Oh no, my phone sent the wrong emoji. Better get a new phone.

-----
---
Soon.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 17:53:49 17/05/2017
It's alright
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 18:16:26 17/05/2017
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=136665
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#4 Posted: 00:45:13 20/05/2017
(foaming incoherent screaming)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#5 Posted: 00:53:27 20/05/2017
i have to watch this now because you heathens actually accomplished a post stretch goal of sorts

now wheres an Apple Branded Water-Squirt Gun Emojiā„¢ that i can hold to the side of my head
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#6 Posted: 23:46:53 24/05/2017
I'm sorry, I really don't care that much about this movie because it just doesn't sound that interesting.

I also find it a pet peeve of mine that people are making these judgments that this movie is gonna be even worse than Foodfight (which is a bit of a stretch if you ask me) BEFORE the movie even comes to theatres. I mean, I know its one thing to say "oh, I'm not interested in this movie.", but its another to say "OHMYGOSH THIS MOVIE IS THE SPAWN OF SATAN, THE APOCAYLPSE IS COMING! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES! CODE RED! CODE RED!".

You get what I'm sayin', right?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#7 Posted: 00:05:23 25/05/2017
I mean, it's funny to make fun of some things. I guess you should just chill and watch the madness.
---
Bruh
#8 Posted: 11:10:12 25/05/2017
OK, sorry for overreacting a little.
---
smiliesmilie
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#9 Posted: 19:37:12 25/05/2017
Of all the things to make a film about, why on Earth was this given serious consideration?
---
No.
#10 Posted: 19:50:54 25/05/2017
Quote: icedragon333
Of all the things to make a film about, why on Earth was this given serious consideration?

Remember we have a Tetris film trilogy on the works because "the story is too complex for one single film", according to the director.
---
Bruh
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#11 Posted: 19:59:14 25/05/2017
Popeye? Pass.
Greek mythology? Pfft.
Those tiny pictures on your phone that barely anyone uses unironically? INSPIRED!!!

I seriously hate how this is a real thing. How I can actually say we live in a world where a movie based on Emojis exists. It just looks like Sony looked at Wreck-it Ralph and said "Hey we can do that too!". And on top of that it's a movie based on a stupid trend and it'll most likely be hilariously outdated in, I'll give it five years. Yet for some reason THIS is what they decided to throw money at. Made even more hilarious by the fact that their next animated movie this year is supposedly an adaptation of a bible tale.

How do you go from a movie about Emojis to a movie about the bible!?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:31 25/05/2017 by AdamGregory03
#12 Posted: 20:08:55 25/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Well, after watching Foodfight, I know the Emoji movie won't be the worst thing in film history. Still, I can't rationalize why they made a movie about Emojis. Sure, the Lego Movie is just Lego, yet they managed to make a great movie. I never thought a movie about emotions could work, but Inside Out was made. And video game movies almost never work, so Wreck-it Ralph did something right.

I don't know where I'm going with this exactly, but the Emoji Movie can't be that bad. Right?
---
Soon.
#13 Posted: 20:29:33 25/05/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Well, after watching Foodfight, I know the Emoji movie won't be the worst thing in film history. Still, I can't rationalize why they made a movie about Emojis. Sure, the Lego Movie is just Lego, yet they managed to make a great movie. I never thought a movie about emotions could work, but Inside Out was made. And video game movies almost never work, so Wreck-it Ralph did something right.

I don't know where I'm going with this exactly, but the Emoji Movie can't be that bad. Right?

I guess the key is that the movies you said were all made by really competent people. We all know how Sony Animation Studios is generally regarded.
---
Bruh
#14 Posted: 13:57:22 26/05/2017
Quote: Crash10
Quote: emeraldzoroark

I guess the key is that the movies you said were all made by really competent people. We all know how Sony Animation Studios is generally regarded.

I personally don't really have THAT much of an issue with Sony Animation Studios. I mean, I do enjoy the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and Hotel Transylvania movies; and I haven't seen Surf's Up, but it does look interesting. It's just not one of my animation studios of choice; I am more of a Disney, Pixar, Warner Bros, DreamWorks, Blue Sky and Illumination man myself.

As for LEGO Movie, Wreck-it Ralph and Inside Out, I decided to call them "The Unexpected Animation Box Office Success Trio of the 2010's", unless somebody can come up with a shorter and/or catchier nickname for them.
---
smiliesmilie
#15 Posted: 15:32:23 05/06/2017
trailer for this was played before Captain Underpants.

i know exactly what i'm in for now.
#16 Posted: 21:55:57 10/07/2017 | Topic Creator
MAJOR BUMP FIRST 2 MINUTES OR SO OF THE MOVIE I THINK

It's not horrible, actually.
Now you know what you're in for, Zap.
---
Soon.
#17 Posted: 22:14:43 10/07/2017
Huh, it's actually, dare I say it alright

But then again, it's the first 3 minutes
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#18 Posted: 00:01:31 11/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Ok just noticed that the people who made this literally hate humanity. Not because of the Emoji Movie, but how humans are portrayed.
---
Soon.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#19 Posted: 00:54:43 11/07/2017
B E C O O L. S E N D H E R A N E M O J I!!!!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#20 Posted: 02:03:45 11/07/2017
why the **** do they have to act the same when they're off the job? there's no reasonable reason for that. what a weak premise.
#21 Posted: 22:44:49 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
There are a bunch of new clips on Youtube, can't be bothered to look for them.
---
Soon.
#22 Posted: 21:59:40 24/07/2017
Here's a tasteless spoof of The Handmaid's Tale (a show about women being slaves) from the Sony corporation's soulless marketing department.

[User Posted Image]

The Emoji Movie is gonna (suddenly singing) sssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

P.S. I'm expecting a legendary review from MovieBob as he violently rips apart this gorilla turd like with Pixels and Batman v Superman.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#23 Posted: 20:50:53 25/07/2017
Now that I think about it this movie is like wreck it ralph in a way.
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
#24 Posted: 10:58:31 26/07/2017
Quote: Cynder Lover25

How dare you. How dare you.

Wreck-It-Ralph was made by talented people who understood video games being a huge medium with many tropes to make fun of.

The Emoji Movie is made by vermin in business suits as a cynical cash-in on an annoying trend. They cast Patrick Stewart is a literal turd!

Oh! In a way you say? Might as well say that cars are like bread in a way.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#25 Posted: 15:15:40 26/07/2017
Quote: StevemacQ

Wreck-It-Ralph was made by talented people who understood video games being a huge medium with many tropes to make fun of.

The Emoji Movie is made by vermin in business suits as a cynical cash-in on an annoying trend. They cast Patrick Stewart is a literal turd!

You forgot they cancelled the popeye movie to make this
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#26 Posted: 18:22:42 26/07/2017
Quote: StevemacQ

Nonono I love Wreck it Ralph it was one of my favorite Disney movies. Im just saying the plot is similar. An Emoji who wants to be another Emoji, A bad guy who wants to be a good guy?
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
#27 Posted: 20:35:49 26/07/2017
Okay. That's alright, Cynder Lover 25. I misunderstood you but it comparing something legitimately good to something so horrible sends shivers down my spine.

THAT'S WHY THEY CANCELLED POPEYE! I shouldn't be surprised. Sony would rather follow cynical trends than listen Genndy Tartovsky. Thanks for telling me King-Pen Krazy.

(I can't do Multi Quote.)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#28 Posted: 23:45:50 28/07/2017
I am happy right now.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_emoji_movie

[User Posted Image]

All I can do now is wait for MovieBob to review this. Only will I be able to reach Nirvana.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#29 Posted: 23:33:31 29/07/2017
Look; I don't remember if I mentined this before, but I don't really care that much for this movie (care to say; I'm "meh" to it).
---
smiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:44:14 02/08/2017 by SkylandrPurists
Mary I Green Sparx Gems: 462
#30 Posted: 13:46:02 07/09/2017
This film made my reign look like a golden age by comparison!
---
Truth is the daughter of time.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me