Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Another Recent Anthro Game Request topic
Page 1 of 1
Another Recent Anthro Game Request topic
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1 Posted: 15:31:08 10/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Kind of bummed by Yooka-Laylee's average scores, so I wanted something to cheer me up. I am wondering if there are any good recently made (like 2015-2017 made games). Not so much that, but are there any that got really good reviews, I mean. Preferably predominantly non-human stars. Stuff like Overwatch that have one or two, but are otherwise made up purely of humans and robots are fine, but not what I'm looking for. Also stuff on recent consoles.

Didn't want to ask this on the Yooka-Laylee topic cause it's not specifically about that game.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 18:09:07 10/04/2017
AHEM-

nightinthewoods.com

it's literally all animals. and it's beautiful.

(it's on PS4 and PC so recent stuff is covered)

i want more people to see this beautiful game and i think you'd like it
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:04:46 10/04/2017 by ZapNorris
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#3 Posted: 20:33:21 10/04/2017
Not sure if you're into strategy RPGs, though the Disgaea series generally has a good mix of both humanoid and non-human characters. Most of the main characters are humanoid, but you don't have to use or control them.

For example, Disgaea 5 has playable penguins, dragons, pigs, moths, bears, rabbits, mushrooms, slimes, and more.

It can be kind of dark at times, but it doesn't really take itself seriously. Similar to, say, Borderlands. There is no "absolute good" in this series, which I know you don't like. In fact, many of the main characters are demon overlords.

Disgaea 5 released on PS4 in 2015, and is coming to the Nintendo Switch this year. I believe the first Disgaea was also released on PC recently.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#4 Posted: 23:06:40 10/04/2017
Have you checked out Freedom Planet before? It's on PC, Wii U, and I think it recently got a PS4 port. Its sequel is shaping up to be really good, too.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 09:10:54 11/04/2017
There are two Sonic games coming this year, if that's anything...
---
Bruh
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#6 Posted: 10:57:27 11/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Crash10
There are two Sonic games coming this year, if that's anything...

We've seen some hits and we've seen some misses from Sonic reccently, though arguably his last good game was Generations. We have to wait to see if they're another flop or an exception. Though I wonder... Is Rise of Lyric as bad as they say? The Video Game Critic actually gave the game a decent C+ grade, and believe me: he is FAR from a Sonic Fanboy.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#7 Posted: 11:20:35 11/04/2017
With the bug fix patch? It's meh story, meh framerates, meh gameplay. Without it? You're in for a wild ride.

There's also Snake Pass but apparently that game is unfortunately a bit repetitive despite the nice gameplay.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me