Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Dragon Kingdom - Return of the Gnorcs [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1
The Dragon Kingdom - Return of the Gnorcs [OPEN]
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#1 Posted: 08:31:23 05/03/2017 | Topic Creator
[I'm back! And with a dragon roleplay inspired by the old Realm roleplays and Spyro The Dragon.]

PLOT:
The Dragon Kingdom, consisting of the five worlds, Artisans, Peace Keepers, Magic Crafters, Beast Makers, and Dream Weavers, was in a time of peace and prosperity. Many decades after the defeat of Gnasty Gnorc, the heroic Spyro the Dragon had left the kingdom to help other worlds in need, dragons and the other world inhabitants were resuming their normal lives and duties, and a new generation of dragons were born.
However, not all was peaceful for long.
A strange disturbance has been felt by the elder dragons of the Magic Crafters and Dream Weavers worlds, coming from the forgotten sixth world, Gnasty's World, formerly belonging to Gnasty Gnorc. Although a magic barrier surrounds the island world, and all types of transport to there have been cut off, they still fear something big is happening there and it's not good.
News of this slowly spreads throughout the five worlds. Were the elder dragons wrong about the disturbance they felt? Will the Dragon Kingdom be safe from whatever is happening? With Spyro the dragon gone, no one knows what to do. Is it up to the younger generation to stand up for the Dragon Kingdom?

-:-

RULES

• I am the GM
  • No godmodding, mary/gary-sues, no one-sentence posts (unless necessary), etc
  • Violence/romance/cursing are allowed, but keep it PG-13/censor it
  • 3 characters max
  • Put 'Spyro' at the top or bottom of your character sheet
  • Please no extremely dark or over complicated backstories

Notes
-This roleplay takes place in the six worlds of the first Spyro The Dragon video game.
-Your characters are to be from one of the five worlds (either the home world itself or one of the lands in that world (e.g. Stone Hill in Artisans)), OR they can be from outside the Dragon Kingdom but must currently reside somewhere in the kingdom.
-Choose the land you feel like your character would fit into.
-For a list of the lands in each five worlds, here is the Spyro The Dragon walkthrough.

Artisans
'This family of Dragons provides the world with artefacts of culture and beauty. They write songs, create sculptures and paintings and are the most gentle of all the Dragon families. They are very social beings and enjoy getting together for group singing and art viewings among the lush, rolling hills and green valleys of their home.'

Peace Keepers
'These large, powerful Dragons enforce order throughout the world. They are the strongest of all the Dragon families, and know most about battling their enemies. They live in the desert sand dunes, tar pits and ice-caves and are always on the lookout for any creatures breaking the peace.'

Magic Crafters
'Dragons of this Family spend their time making magic artefacts used by all the Dragons throughout the rest of the worlds. They are shy around other creatures and like to be alone. They can be very happy in their remote mountaintops, ice cliffs and caves, studying their craft in peace.'

Beast Makers
'These Dragons are responsible for bringing forth all new species of living creatures into the world. They choose to live in swamps, in tumble-down wood platforms, on stilts in the mud flats and in hollowed-out trees in the thick forests. Here they can find natural clay, roots and other materials to do their work in peace.'

Dream Weavers
'These Dragons are peacekeepers of the night. From their island in the clouds, they flit through the dreams of other creatures of the world, making sure that no nightmares bother dragons while they're sleeping. Anyone who has bad dreams at night can call on these Dragons for help.'

Sample character sheet

Name:
Species:
Element: [two-three max elements]
Homeworld: [from a land in the Dragon Kingdom, or from outside the Dragon Kingdom but currently residing there] [Choose which land you feel like your character would fit into]
Personality: [At least 2-3 sentences]
History: [At least 2-3 sentences]
Appearance: [picture or description - give credit to artist for image if using one]
Other: [Optional]

Note: You may roleplay as the dragons from the Spyro The Dragon game in the land your characters are in, but this is completely optional. The list of dragons in each land is also in the game walkthrough (linked above).

S-G's characters

Name: Lyra
Species: Dragon
Element: Fire
Homeworld: Lofty Castle, Dream Weavers World
Personality: Living with fairies and elder dragons, Lyra had quite a childish personality, but she was also kind and friendly. With the help of her best friend Starz, she is becoming a loyal, strong-willed and stubborn dragoness, while still keeping some childish charm. She has a little bit of a temper, but doesn't show it often.
History: Lyra grew up in the Dream Weavers land of Lofty Castle, raised by the fairies and elder dragons. When she was younger, she went on a few adventures with an old group of friends, but has remained in the Dream Weavers world since.
Appearance: Lyra is a pale pink dragoness (who looks a bit like Ember, without the heart necklace). She has medium blue eyes, dark pink wing membranes, pale yellow/white wings and underbelly, short white horns, white curved back spikes, claws, and a curved spike at the end of her tail.
Other: N/A

Name: Kiara
Species: Light Dragon
Element: Light, Ice
Homeworld: From outside of the Dragon Kingdom, currently resides in the Magic Crafters homeworld
Personality: Kiara is a kind, caring, and friendly dragoness. Due to her age, she is childish and doesn't understand certain things. She is usually shy when first meeting people, but soon opens up and reveals her personality. She tries to act brave when others around her are being brave, but loses the act quickly and bounds to safety.
History: Kiara is from an island outside of the Dragon Kingdom, and is one of the last true light dragons known (to her family and friends). She is currently residing in the Magic Crafters homeworld, being taught about magic from the elder dragons there.
Appearance: Kiara is a pale blue dragoness. She has light yellow eyes, dark blue wing membranes, pale yellow wings, and silver underbelly. She has two large white curved horns on her head, white claws, small silver curved back spikes, and a large teardrop shaped silver 'spike' on the end of her tail.
Other: Kiara is talented in magic. However, still being young, she is unable to control it when it becomes too strong. She is also able to teleport, but has only done it a few times and hasn't gotten the hang of it yet. She is the daughter of Starz, one of Lyra's best friends.

THIS RP IS NOW OPEN.

ENJOY!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:12 23/03/2017 by Spyro-Gamer
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#2 Posted: 22:29:12 21/03/2017
Cant miss out on a throw back ^_^ sorry I've been gone. Too much stuff to talk about, but I'm good now. I love the idea of making characters from the original realms, never thought of that myself. I could translate a few of my guys over, like Skyer! I kind of figured you'd leave out the element thing for this time line, but I can see how they might still be relevant.

Name: Skyer
Species: Shadow Magic Crafter
Elements: Shadow and Fear
Homeland: Magic Crafter, currently resides in Dream Weavers
Personality: Skyer is kind of an odd ball, he tends to keep to himself, but is quite sociable with those he knows. He loves the idea of adventure, and is generally very out going and open minded. Easy to get along with, and is willing to help a friend in need.
History: His parents are mixed homelands, which is why he currently lives with his father in Dream Weavers. As a Magic Crafter in the Dream Weavers world, he has a talent in both dream magic and world magic. His abilities over the element of fear mixed with his home world knowledge of magic, he is well versed is emotion based magic. He can soothe many painful emotions to calm ones mind, making them either less hostile or happier. His mother and father are not separated, just working in different worlds. His family lives in the Magic Crafters home world, relatively close to the balloonist so that travels are less time consuming. Skyer has never been on a big adventure, but his mini-adventures have helped him uncover little treasures he has stored up in his room. Gems mostly, and some trinkets of jewelry that he has yet to part with. His little sister has accompanied him in most of them, but she is still rather young. Slyer currently stays with his father in Dream Weavers because his work has asked him to stay local for a disclosed reason.
Appearance: Skyer is a slender dark blue Magic Crafter dragon. His eyes are the diamond(serpent) shaped yellow irises. He has a few blue bold like streaks on his sides that appear to glow from time to time. His wings are a brighter blue, while his chest scales are a dark yellow. He has two sets of short white horns, the top ones angle up from the back side of his head, while the ones under them are more straight back. His crest is dark blue, but brighter than his body, and is not as tall as Spyro's, but has a similar form.

Name: Diry(Deer-E)
Species: Shadow Dream Weaver
Element: Shadow
Homeworld: Magic Crafters
Personality: Sheepish and withdrawn. She is genuinely nice, but hard to talk to. She is always with her brother, mostly for protection, but mostly because he has played the father figure for her since their parents work a lot. She doesn't talk much, but is easy to get along with, just got to get her attention and show you're no threat.
History: She was mostly a shelter child, but is very knowledgeable. She grew up reading many books and didn't attend any school(if any existed). She is very well versed in all kind of magic, but cannot perform many of the spells, incantations, or casting due to her heritage. She lives in a temporary apartment like house with her brother in Dream Weavers. She has recently been adventuring with her brother, collecting mostly spell capable artifacts.
Appearance: Looks a lot like her brother, but with shorter horns. Her eyes are a bright blue, while her chest scales are dark green. Her tail is slightly longer than most her age, and does not have any specific end to it. Her crest are little rear facing, black spines that are only slightly bigger toward her head. She carries a simple brown satchel, normally has a few food items and a spell book of some sort.

Spyro
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:00:21 23/03/2017 by SpyroD
#3 Posted: 10:01:13 22/03/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Welcome back, SpyroD! Yeah, while I was playing through the first game around a month or so ago, I remembered the realms roleplays, and how fun they were! And then I thought it'd be fun to do another roleplay based around the world in the original game. However, it doesn't seem like anyone else besides you seems interested, which is rather sad. ^^; I'm not quite sure how to get more people to join.
And Skyer is accepted. c:
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#4 Posted: 00:09:01 23/03/2017
OOC: Hey! I'd like to join but I'm still mulling a few character ideas over in my head. I'd also like to ask: are we allowed to play as different creatures from the Spyro series? Like rabbits/cheetahs/fauns whatever?
#5 Posted: 01:00:35 23/03/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Yeah, you can. ^^
#6 Posted: 01:22:10 23/03/2017
OOC: Thank you! I'll have character sheets up in a few minutes. I'm not 100% on having non-dragon characters, I just wanted to know what my options were smilie
#7 Posted: 04:10:26 23/03/2017
~Spyro~

Name: Candy
Element: Fire
Homeworld: Artisans
Personality: Candy always tries to play tough, but at her core she's very emotional. She has a tendency to be too impulsive and excitable, and is often too loud and overbearing with realizing it. She's not very good at magic, but she loves play-fighting and making loud music.
History: Candy was born an Artisan and expected to embody the refined creativity of the Artisan dragons. True to her birthright, she loved to sing... loudly, in some kind of screeching growl, typically accompanied by raucous instrumentals. Being loud, rough, and a little big for her age, Candi has never really fit in, and she takes it to heart.
Appearance: Candy is a pretty sturdy-looking dragoness, but her limbs are just long enough to give her an odd, comical lankiness. She's a vibrant, light pink color with grey horns and a very messy black mane that often falls in her face. Her spines, tail-end, and claws are black. She has grey-blue eyes.
Other: Candy is good enough at physical combat to be considered unusual for an Artisans dragon. She can't use magic or breathe her element very well. When they do decide to come out, it usually manifests in a spit-up glob of magma or a useless hunk of hot stone.

Name: Mint
Element: Earth (green) and cold Wind
Homeworld: Magic Crafters
Personality: Mint is an intelligent dragoness who carries herself with a quiet confidence and tries not to let anything get to her. She's pretty analytical in how she approaches things. Inwardly, she's a lot more sensitive and idealistic than she lets on, with a surprisingly strong sense of justice. Being a naturally curious dragoness, she has a pretty big adventurous streak.
History: Mint's family tree is scattered across both the Beastmakers and Magic-Crafters homeworld, but she currently resides in Magic Crafters. She's a diligent student of magic, but she has the heart of a Beastmaker and a desire to understand and study living things. As a result, she specializes in plant-based magic above all else.
Appearance: A stocky, cool brown dragoness with a mint-green underbelly and horns. Her crest is a cloud-like puff of minty platinum hair and she has warm born eyes. Her tail-end is leaf-shaped.
Other: She has mild powers of florakenisis, and her wind element is considerably weak compared to her earth element.

Name: Peony
Species: Rabbit
Element: None/Uses magic
Homeworld: Forgotten Realm (currently traveling dragon worlds)
Personality: Peony is a clever rabbit with a lot of magical talent, but she never really does anything with it. She's very reckless with the effects of her experiments. Peony is more concerned with having fun than anything else, which tends to involve a huge mess for other people to clean up. She's pretty charming at first and an effective manipulator.
History: You know you're a wreck when you get sent away from the Forgotten Realms, of all places. Peony was being tutored in magic by the rabbit mages of her homeland, but her carelessness was so caustic that they encouraged her to set out and research magic across the realm. She thought that sounded like a pretty fun idea and took the suggestion, much to the relief of her tutors.
Appearance: A curvy, pale-pink rabbit with a puff of yellow hair. She wears a simple blue top and yellow skirt. Her ears stand a little, then flop downwards.
Other: She really likes fire spells.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:14:01 23/03/2017 by BlinktheCookie
#8 Posted: 06:38:40 23/03/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Ooooh, your characters seem very interesting! Accepted! c:
#9 Posted: 22:28:04 23/03/2017
OOC: Ahhh! Thank you! <3 Can't wait for this to start!
#10 Posted: 02:05:40 25/03/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: @SpyroD: Your second character is accepted. c:
@Blink: Same here! ^^ I'm not sure if we should wait or if I should ask some people. Not sure who to ask though.
#11 Posted: 03:18:19 25/03/2017
OOC: Some people in the existing dragon RPs? There's no guarantee they'd be interested in something Classic-Spyro-centered, but it's a start. You might also advertise on the "open RPs" board.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:33 25/03/2017 by BlinktheCookie
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#12 Posted: 16:18:58 25/03/2017
I'll join this soon I just need to figure out a character
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
BallisticBeats Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#13 Posted: 01:00:50 30/03/2017
Sorry for the late late smilie I post now:

Name: Ballistic Beats(Awww yeah!)
Species: Fire Elemental (SO HOT!)
Element: FYAH(That's pronounced FY-YA) "Fire"
Homeworld: Arti-pants-sans
Personality: Some might say she's a little on the wild side, but I just say she is who she is. Ballistic has a tendency to be obnoxious, but knows when she needs to tone it down. She is rather adventurous despite her general display of randomness. OK in all seriousness now: She's sweet, knowledgeable, spunky and down right friend lover. She is very into music, sometimes she tunes out of conversations to listen to tracks on her MP3, but that's when she thinks the conversation is a complete downer.
History: She grew up like most Artisans, learning the history of art, who was considered important and what not. She strived to learn musical instruments, but never found a taste for the acoustics. Her wild style of music choice baffles most, especially her parents. She is unfamiliar with magic, but knows it exists, just not her cup of tea apparently. Ballistic currently lives with her parents still, but has been looking for a way to make it on her own, but would rather explore a little before trying to settle down. So here she is.... just standing somewhere... I'll figure out where when we get going
Appearance: A fine grey dragoness with a darker grey crest and chest. Her chest scales form almost perfect diamond shapes as they overlap each other slightly, only exposing the sides slightly at the corners. Her horns at simple, two sets that point roughly strait back, and are ivory in color. Her eyes are a light blue, while her wing bone structure is a dark grey, and the membrane is a dark red. Her tail has a fire dragon style flare fin at the end. Her first spine in her crest leans forward some before arching back, and the first three spines connect at their bases. The rest of her crest just arch back a little.
Other: she has an MP3 under a black and white leg warmer. Her headphones have her initials on each speaker, and are totally white.
---
Well that just happened...
#14 Posted: 03:05:32 30/03/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: @BallisticBeats: Accepted!
@Fury: And okay.

Would you guys like to start now, or wait until 1 or 2 more people join?
#15 Posted: 18:33:26 30/03/2017
OOC: I think it would be alright to begin now. We haven't had a lot of takers, and we've been waiting awhile. I think some people might join in once we get rolling.
#16 Posted: 01:35:32 04/04/2017
Totes down for whatevs! X3
---
#17 Posted: 02:50:35 04/04/2017
Quote: BallisticBeats
Totes down for whatevs! X3

Sometimes I want to slap your hands when you type like that *facepalm*

I'm sure starting with who we have is not a bad idea. If people find they like the story and would like to chime in, then so be it :)
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
#18 Posted: 04:34:53 06/04/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Alrighty! Let's start!

Start somewhere in one of the Spyro the Dragon worlds.

It was early morning in the Dream Weavers world of Lofty Castle. A pale pink dragoness by the name of Lyra was lounging lazily on the edge of one of the many floating islands, one front arm hanging over the side, her tail swishing back at forth across the finely cut grass. She was sitting by one of the whirlwind platforms, listening to the faint twinkling of the whirlwind, looking across at the castle courtyard where the small waterfall was.

Lyra sighed, feeling extremely bored. Two of the Lofty Castle dragon elders and almost all of the fairies had traveled to the Magic Crafters homeworld to talk to the dragon elders there about a 'strange disturbance'. The dragoness had no idea what that was, and that was the only thing she had heard when the dragon elders were talking before they left. She let out another loud sigh and rolled over onto her back, looking up at the pink and purple sky. She hoped she'd find something to do or someone to hang out with soon.
#19 Posted: 00:09:27 09/04/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Uhm, guys?
#20 Posted: 08:33:30 09/04/2017
OOC: sowwy, soo run down from this week. I'm up late making this so hope its good smilie

Ballistic was bobbing her head as she slid her paws across the molding clay that spun about on the crafting table. The music was just loud enough that someone passing closely by could hear the general beat of the bass instruments. The item she was currently molding looked like a very generic urn, wide lid area with a much larger central section and the bottom almost matched the top. With it's current shape, she just had to keep it up until it dries.

Once it dried enough to stand on it's own, she let the spinning device slow down and come to a halt. Backing away from the urn for a moment, she wipes her paws mostly clean of the clay. She pulls her head phones back some, enough that she could hear the world around her and still have the audio playing in her ears. The crafting tables were placed close by the water fall and pond so that the crafters could drink and wash themselves after they finish their works. Taking a few drinks, she reaches into the water to pull some up and splash her face.

Shaking the cool water from her head, she turns back around to see a few others had just finished their creations as well. Recognizing all of them, she decided not to single anyone of them out for conversation, "Heyyyy," she addresses them as a whole as she walks back past them. Approaching her creation, she let out a soft sigh as she picks up a small self standing placard that displays her name so that others could know who's work was who's.

Her head turned from her work to the tunnel that lead to the balloonists landing spot by the sea. She had left the Artisans home world only once before, but that was just to deliver some orders of pots and bowls to the other home worlds. She knew there was much more to each world than what all she experienced from the delivery.
---
#21 Posted: 05:39:33 10/04/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: It's alright. Just wondering where everyone was. And that's a perfect starting post, don't worry. ^^

-

Lyra rolled back over onto her front and stood up. She stepped onto the whirlwind platform and let the whirlwind rise her a few metres into the air, before she extended her wings to glide into the castle courtyard.
She glanced through the gap in the wall which showed the other side of the floating islands in the world, and saw one of the dragon elders, Baruti, on one of the islands, doing some weird looking fighting moves, which was probably his training for the day. She didn't want to go over, because he'd probably try make her train with him, but the return home portal which led to the Dream Weavers world was on a floating island above him. She hesitated for a moment before heading over.

"There you are, Lyra!" Baruti called as he saw the small pale pink dragoness glide over to the floating island he was on. "Would you like to join me for some training?"
Lyra forced a fake smile. "Uh, hey, Baruti! Actually, um, I've got some things...I have to do..." She began as she headed up the various tiny floating island steps that led up to the one above Baruti.
"What kind of things?" Baruti asked, continuing to practice some punches of some sort.
"Oh, you know...just...errands...and stuff..." Lyra lied, scrambling up the last step. Before Baruti could reply, she ran towards the home portal and jumped in. "Gotta go, bye Baruti!" she called before disappearing.

-

Note: Baruti is one of the dragons in Lofty Castle in the game, and like stated in the first post, you're allowed to roleplay some of the dragons from the game in the land you are in.
#22 Posted: 01:34:47 17/04/2017
OOC: I've been so inactive I'm so sorry. I will post my reply here in a bit.
#23 Posted: 00:55:56 19/04/2017
OOC: So SD will be inactive for probably this and next week. Might be able to get on here and there, depends on the schedule, but nothing guaranteed at the moment *sad faces*

Ballistic turned away from the tunnel and walked over toward the castle like structure in front of the bridge that lead to the low platform. Going through here(if you don't mind expanding the playable maps to compensate for dragons actually living here), she made her way to her parents' house. Climbing up to the small balcony on their second floor, she entered her room. Her room was painted in a splatter paint fashion, and had a moderately sized bed that seemed to have been left the way it was when she woke up.

Placing her headphones down on her neck, she opened the top drawer of her dresser to look over the few items she had collected from the other worlds when she had helped with the shipment orders. Picking a yellow gem from the lot, she held it up to look into it, like a prism. She could see different parts of the room in front of her through some of the flat surfaces opposite of the side she looked through. Closing the drawer, she picked a small satchel up from the floor next to the dresser. She slung it properly about herself, then she tossed the gem into the opening. She returned to the dresser drawer and picked up what looked like a boar shaped whistle. The whistle was made of wood, and carved to detail. Setting it in a smaller separate pocket of the satchel, she also pulls an odd shaped bell top clock. The clock had little hands and feet, with a wand in one hand. It ticked quietly. Shrugging, Ballistic places the clock in the satchel next to the gem. Rummaging through the few other items, she finally pulls out a light blue scarf. She bundled it up and stuffed it in between the gem and the clock.
---
#24 Posted: 05:46:33 02/05/2017
OOC: hu-wha...? Ee-Oh right: Good news everyone... I can make a few posts, but will vanish again for a few days. Job ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it.

"Diry," Skyer calls from the entry way as he was coming in. It was still early, but he had been up since the night before. Being part shadow elemental, he was more attuned to being awake at night, "I ran into dad earlier, he said he'd be back soon."

Diry, the small dark colored dragoness, hopped down the stairs from the second floor. She was skipping every second step on her way down, "Really? Does this mean we will be going home, big brother?" Her blue eyes looking strait toward Skyer as she had stopped on a step that made her almost eye level to him.

Skyer shook his head, "It would seem not," he walked up to Diry and placed a paw on her head, "I've got a better place we can go for now." Spinning his paw back and forth, rubbing her head, "Since dad is working all the time, and mom is busy with... Well I don't know what," he pulls his paw pack and turns to head into the kitchen, "I've found us another adventure!" He added as he disappeared around the corner.

Diry's face beamed with joy, "Wow really? We haven't been out on one in months. Where we going this time?" She padded after him. Her smaller legs made pitter-patter sounds as she scurried to catch up.
---
#25 Posted: 03:43:58 07/06/2017
Ballistic climbed up onto her windowsill, with the window open, and she took a deep breath. Letting it out, she turned around, "Wooops!" She ran downstairs, "Hey mom!" She slid into the common area. Her mom was laying on a couch, knitting something.

"Hmm? Yes, hunny?" The blue dragoness acknowledged her daughter. She stopped knitting to talk to her.

Ballistic walked over in front of her mother, "Would you mind if I went out on my own for a while? I mean more than a day. Like, possibly a few weeks," she sat down before her, "I kind of wanted to adventure the other worlds a little bit."

Ballistic's mom looks up to her, "Are you serious? This is new. I support venturing out, you are your own woman now, BB." She sits upright, "Just come home every know and then, ok?"

Ballistic jumps up to hug her mom, "Aw thank you!" She sits back a little, "Of course I'll come back when I can, wouldn't leave you and dad hangen. I've already got some stuff packed. I planned on eating over in Dream Weavers. I hear their food is like heaven."

Her mother giggles a little, "Alright, well I love you, and stay safe."
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me