Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I´m quitting drawing... [CLOSED]
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1 Posted: 21:25:40 26/02/2017 | Topic Creator
I´m quitting drawing. No one cares for my drawing, meanwhile a people are getting su much feedback, comments, and even a fanbase and me nothing. Whatever you don´t even care for what i have drawn.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#2 Posted: 21:46:36 26/02/2017
stop using ` instead of ' and ill buy all your drawings i swear
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#3 Posted: 21:53:41 26/02/2017 | Topic Creator
I´m going to report you both for reasons. I´m not joking i´m going to quit drawing.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#4 Posted: 22:03:06 26/02/2017
then dont draw thank you for telling us all something we most likely don't care about
---
BREATHE AIR.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#5 Posted: 22:11:55 26/02/2017
When was your drawing ignored?
#6 Posted: 22:16:59 26/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mesuxelf
When was your drawing ignored?

I have been on Deviartart for 3 years, but not many people noticed my work. So i going to quit drawing since no one cares for me.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#7 Posted: 22:18:02 26/02/2017
Dude, c'mon. Don't be like that, man. There are a ton of unappreciated artists out there, you just gotta
put your stuff out there for people to see. Don't give up because no one is seeing it.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12151
#8 Posted: 22:23:08 26/02/2017
the only one you should be drawing for is yourself. i rarely get people to comment/like my art beyond friends who feel obligated to comment, but that's not going to stop me from drawing. a hobby like drawing should be something you love to do, rather than a cause of stress.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#9 Posted: 23:14:43 26/02/2017
Like Carm said, you shouldn't be making art with the intention of getting noticed. You should do it with the intention of having fun with it and improving. I've been on DA for I think over 6 years and have under 100 watchers, but I don't care one bit.

I'd ask you to give a link to your DeviantArt so I could critique it and give you some pointers on how I think you could improve, but you would likely attack me for it and make a big deal out of it as if I were attacking you.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:07 26/02/2017 by 84skylanderdude
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#10 Posted: 23:20:51 26/02/2017
What relevance does this have to dS? This seems more like a thing you should post on DA than here.
---
Dead
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#11 Posted: 00:14:28 27/02/2017
You should draw because you find it enjoyable. If you find it feels like a chore rather than a hobby then I suggest that you find something else.
I don't even publish my art. Tho that's just me and I'm sure I'll loose that shame eventually.
But I draw because is fun to put an image in your head on paper.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:49 27/02/2017 by wspyro
#12 Posted: 00:40:18 27/02/2017 | Topic Creator
You are on Deviantart for a reason and it´s getting famous and popluar... but it has been 3 years and nothing a bunch of stupid snobs follow me, i want the popluar and cool ones to follow me.
#13 Posted: 00:43:19 27/02/2017
I know I said I wasn't gonna ask for it, but I just gotta. Could you link your DA please Keybash?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#14 Posted: 00:45:37 27/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I know I said I wasn't gonna ask for it, but I just gotta. Could you link your DA please Keybash?

I´m not going to give it to you why? Because you´re going to be the same as the other one.

My shading skills are fine, my lineart is fine, EVERYTHING IS FINE.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:19 27/02/2017 by KeybasHedKey
#15 Posted: 00:49:53 27/02/2017
I'm not sure what you mean by "the other one"...?

It's not like I'm gonna attack you over it. At most I'll give you some helpful pointers as to how you could improve. Because no matter the artist, there's always some area to improve in.
---
#16 Posted: 00:51:37 27/02/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm not sure what you mean by "the other one"...?

It's not like I'm gonna attack you over it. At most I'll give you some helpful pointers as to how you could improve. Because no matter the artist, there's always some area to improve in.

Like The Pushover of Sinister-Toaster was always pushing on something that she doesn´t agree with. I don´t need advice, just feedback.
#17 Posted: 00:52:41 27/02/2017
Quote: KeybasHedKey

I´m not going to give it to you why? Because you´re going to be the same as the other one.

...you realize that criticism like that is supposed to HELP you right? Make you a better artist and all. I mean, no respectable artist looks at their work and says, "There is nothing that I need to improve on! I am the best at what I do all the time."
#18 Posted: 00:53:59 27/02/2017
Advice and feedback are the same thing though...?

I found it on my own though. Wasn't hard to locate at all.
---
#19 Posted: 00:56:34 27/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Guys... i´m pushing my boundries of drawing with my right hand and i´m not a righty with a mouse. Which i do a decent job.

Critics love to destroy artists and it´s true.

And most of my watchers are snobs or don´t even know why they´re watching or friends.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:58:00 27/02/2017 by KeybasHedKey
#20 Posted: 01:00:23 27/02/2017
Guys... i´m pushing my boundries of drawing with my right hand and i´m not a righty with a mouse. Which i do a decent job.

Critics love to destroy artists.

No no no no no no... So much no! From a person who actually draws and actually wants to be someone in the animation industry, this is the wrong mentality to have, dude.

Also, although it is impressive to do art decently with a mouse, if you want to do it for real, then invest in a small tablet.
#21 Posted: 01:04:47 27/02/2017
Keybash, your art's really impressive for using a mouse. Since tablets are expensive, try posting paper drawn art. I'm sure you'd be better there if you're able to make that with a mouse.
---
#22 Posted: 01:05:29 27/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd

Critics love to destroy artists.

No no no no no no... So much no! From a person who actually draws and actually wants to be someone in the animation industry, this is the wrong mentality to have, dude.

Also, although it is impressive to do art decently with a mouse, if you want to do it for real, then invest in a small tablet.

There´s nothing wrong with drawing with a mouse there´s someone who´s 14 and draws good stuff with only a mouse. There´s a speedpaint of MSpaint that is hard to believe it was done there.

People need to stop telling get a Tablet and Paint Tool Sai.

Critics doesn´t destroy artists? Oh really... do you want an example?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#23 Posted: 01:06:25 27/02/2017

It's called constructive criticism for a reason. People are giving you help and telling you what you should improve on. Unless they're saying things like "lel everything u doo suks, stop drawing" that's not constructive criticism. But just telling someone they should maybe work on shading or whatever is consecutive criticism.
---
Dead
#24 Posted: 01:08:11 27/02/2017
Mouses are super hard to control and use. It takes talent to back able to produce good art with them. I'm not saying you using a mouse is bad, I'm saying it's impressive you can do that with a mouse. And I'm saying it would probably look even better if you drew on paper because it's easier to control.
---
#25 Posted: 01:11:36 27/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Mouses are super hard to control and use. It takes talent to back able to produce good art with them. I'm not saying you using a mouse is bad, I'm saying it's impressive you can do that with a mouse. And I'm saying it would probably look even better if you drew on paper because it's easier to control.

Yeah like getting a scanner is easy. I can´t draw that good at drawing on paper you need expensive color pencils for drawing and i´m a digital artist, not a traditional artist and the phone camara is crappy.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:12:49 27/02/2017 by KeybasHedKey
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#26 Posted: 01:14:14 27/02/2017
Then use a drawing tablet. It's still digital.
---
Bruh
#27 Posted: 01:15:52 27/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Crash10
Then use a drawing tablet. It's still digital.

Expensive as ****. Mouse is the only thing i can have. We bearly got any money.
#28 Posted: 01:19:18 27/02/2017
You don't need expensive color pencils, you don't need a scanner, you don't need a high quality camera. Just draw with a normal pencil, and if you really feel the need to share it then just take a picture with whatever quality you have. But the bottom line is you should be drawing to have fun, not explicitly to share it. My deviantart is linked in my guestbook, you can see the past few illustrations I did were just pictures taken of normal pencil drawings. I don't upload most of the **** I do, I just draw for fun and self improvement. I share a few things so people can give advice if they see it by any chance, and just to have fun sharing it, not to get famous. But I can guarantee you, if you can draw like that with a mouse then you can definitely draw even better traditionally.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me