Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Thoughts on the Voice Actor strike?
Page 1 of 1
Thoughts on the Voice Actor strike?
TechSkylander15 Green Sparx Gems: 276
#1 Posted: 21:49:39 23/01/2017 | Topic Creator
(I hope this isn't put in the wrong section-it's video game-related, but it's also general sorta news, so I'm not quite sure)

Anyways, what do you all think about the recent voice actor strike against video game companies?

I personally wasn't very aware of it myself for bit, but I've been trying to read up on it. (These are the articles I read- x, x,x, but naturally three articles can't give the whole story)

What really stands out to me is the mention of health-related issues, especially given that it causes damage to actors' careers as well. (and, frankly, I would be just fine without some of the minor grunts and oofs in games I play, though I think those might not cause much of a strain) It sounds like it's something companies are willing to provide, so I'm certainly hoping it can be worked out quickly.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#2 Posted: 22:49:29 23/01/2017
I think they're right to make these strikes.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 22:59:59 23/01/2017
Necessary, but dragging it out doesn't feel like it's helping anyone. The companies(or at least their lawyers) aren't going to budge past their initial offer and the gaming community already doesn't care anymore to support. After the hype drama of the day, you don't even see activity in the tag from people that aren't VAs.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me