Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Tekken Topic
Page 1 of 1
The All-Purpose Tekken Topic
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 15:16:31 23/01/2017 | Topic Creator
WELCOME TO THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT!

[User Posted Image]

TEKKEN is a 3D fighting game franchise publisher by Bandai-Namco. From 1994-onwards. There is seven main entries (excluding updated versions), two Tag Tournaments, several spin-off games and four movies.

Unlike other fighting games, TEKKEN has all four limbs for each character assigned to each button but the series has evolved to include air juggles, sidestepping and more characters each with a ton of moves to pull off.

The King of Iron First Tournament is hosted by Heihachi Mishima, head of the Mishima Zaibatsu; a powerful private military corporation, who desires the power of the Devil Gene from his son Kazuya Mishima and grandson Jin Kazama. Though there are many characters without their motivations to fight from rivalry to the typical revenge story to the most insane events.

[User Posted Image]
GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!

Update 23/1/2017: Bandai Namco has announced that TEKKEN 7 will come to PS4, XBOX ONE and PC on June 2nd, 2017. TEKKEN series producer Katsuhiro Harada explains that the reason for the delay from early 2017 to June was to include all the content planned and avoid the same kind of backlash STREET FIGHTER V received for lacking basic content.

[User Posted Image]
Pre-ordering the game will give us access to Eliza from TEKKEN REVOLUTION. XBOX ONE-owners will get a free digital copy TEKKEN 6 while PS4-owners will get the exclusive Jukebox playlist of music from previous installments and classic costumes for Jin, Xiaoyu and King.

[User Posted Image]
The Collector's Edition that includes a statue measuring approximately 12” tall by 18” wide that features a dynamic pose with Kazuya fly kicking Heihachi in mid-air, a special Steel Book, and the official TEKKEN 7 soundtrack.

Finally, there is a season pass that will include new playable characters, new stages, a new game mode, costume packs, and a bonus 35-piece Metallic Costume Pack.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 15:59:07 23/01/2017
Hey, I like Tekken. I'm not keeping up much with the news, and I've played very few games (just 3 and 5), and I'm pretty bad at it, but I generally enjoy it. When I get a Wii U, I'll try to buy Tag Tournament 2. Looks fun.
---
Bruh
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#3 Posted: 06:49:43 24/01/2017
I'll bust a nut if my tagteam is as good as they were.
Jack-5 (7 in this case i believe), Yoshimitsu and Kazuya.
That trio is my trademark. Been from Tekken 3, up to 6
---
Ligi
#4 Posted: 19:18:11 20/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Update 20/2/2017

A new Tekken comic is coming May, written by Cavan Scott and drawn by Andie Tong. http://www.craveonline.com/ent...back-comics-may

[User Posted Image]

I doubt it'll tie-in canonically to Tekken 7 but hopefully it'll be dumb fun.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#5 Posted: 14:11:15 02/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Eddy Gordo; the Brazilian dance fighter and (in)famous for giving button-mashing-enthusiasts an advantage is back in Tekken 7!

---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#6 Posted: 19:54:42 14/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Smosh Games released an Honest Gamer Trailer for Tekken... at long last!

Never underestimate The King of Iron Fist!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#7 Posted: 18:35:48 27/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Here's a new Japanese trailer for Tekken 7 (english version might be later).

While we see the usual modes like Ghost Battle, Rank Match, Arcade, VS, Practice, etc. but what's interesting is that there's two distinct story modes...

Mishima Saga is the big one with loads of cutscenes like Mortal Kombat X (and even a playable version of the Tekken 5 intro when Heihachi and Kazuya fight a bunch of JACK-4s) and Character Episodes gives is for characters like in the early BlazBlue games.

Speaking of BlazBlue, there's a Gallery with character fan art and movies from the older Tekken games.

[User Posted Image]

That Shark-Yoshimistu though.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#8 Posted: 19:07:15 04/05/2017
remember, boys

No pre-orders.
#9 Posted: 23:35:40 10/05/2017 | Topic Creator
What characters would you like to see DLC guest fighters for Tekken 7?

There's a likely chance Kazuma Kiryu of Yakuza will be the first one.
[User Posted Image]

It's fitting because Kiryu-san is one hell of a fighter and since it's mostly punches and kicks mixed with ridiculously revelation moves as oppose to swords, guns and magic.

In my opinion... Batman should be the second fighter.
[User Posted Image]

Batman could actually fit into Tekken based with his free-flow fighting style in the Arkham games and I see the Mishima Zaibatsu posing as a serious threat to Gotham city along with the rest of the world.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#10 Posted: 10:42:14 23/05/2017 | Topic Creator
A couple of new videos before Tekken 7 comes out.

Preview of the game from YellowMotion.

A summary of the Tekken saga so far by ValkyrieAurora.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#11 Posted: 08:18:50 02/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Tekken 7 is officially released today!

(I've ordered the Deluxe Edition in Amazon back 3 months ago today and it still hasn't been dispatched!)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me