Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Best mmo or pc games to introduce to gaming or best overall
Page 1 of 1
Best mmo or pc games to introduce to gaming or best overall
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#1 Posted: 01:51:46 22/01/2017 | Topic Creator
I,I did leave but I come back and want to ask because I want to introduce my mom to pc gaming what mmos or pc games are the best to introduce her,so far I though of Rift,Disgaea PC,getting Wrath private server back and Skyrim.She showed interest in games where there exploration or humor/strategy.Also as general what are the best non pay2win mmo so far just found Lineage 2 and Guild Wars 2 for non pay2win and did not played enough Rift.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#2 Posted: 05:47:31 22/01/2017
MMOs are often pretty confusing to start since a lot of them seem to have a lot they throw at you when you start. A lot of them also assume you know the mindset of a MMO so they won't give you hints and such since they feel is common sense. I'll say the ones I've played and you can look it up to see if it looks convincing.

WildStar rewards you for exploring. They even have their own exploration route. It also has humorous dialogue. I didn't got too far into the game because I lost interest. But the game looked fun and cute.
It's not strategy tho and I don't know how it is on "Pay to Win".

I'm currently playing Tera and Black Desert Online but they don't have much humor...just some cute little expression and the exploration doesn't feel as rewarding as it does in WildStar. There's some other MMOs such as Vindictus, The Elder Scrolls Online, Blade and Souls, Star Wards: The Old Republic and Skyforge which I have tried and liked but not enough for me to stay. I'm probably forgetting some.
There's Revelations Online which I want to give a shot.

Vindictus is fun and feels more like a Monster Hunter game at times. I don't know how it hold in humor. It's been a while since I played it.
The Elder Scrolls Online is like a TES game but with more limitation and you fell less of a badass. Still fun but don't play it if you can think you're getting the same experience from a Single Player run. Humor wise it has nothing unless you count the quests which makes you do silly things.
Blade and Souls is fun till cap. It does have a few jokes here and there and some of the races have funny little emotes.
Star Wars: The Old Republic...I didn't got far enough to even judge it. My friend liked it and he plays frequent MMOs.
Skyforge...is ok.

A lot of people will call anything pay to win as soon as you can put money into the game. So it's pretty hard to not find a "Pay to Win" game.

As for some Non-MMO games...
Well Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is pretty fun. There's multiple routes in a level which you can only get to after getting a power later in the game and it has a cute sense of humor plus a good story.
Rocket League is pretty simple and fun.

But like I said, I would look up some gameplay from the games I've mention and see if they look like something worth giving a shot.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:06:34 22/01/2017 by wspyro
#3 Posted: 14:06:04 22/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Nice list already though of ESO,Blade and Soul and the old republic but for games I said which one are worth it for introducing because except for the old private server I own them all.Also I'm myself not a newcomer and a huge rpg fan so I don't have a lot for newcomers being a gamer myself,I just need a mmo with a good tutorial to show her how the keyboard work but not too simple that for me it get boring.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:19:21 22/01/2017 by fyra
#4 Posted: 13:20:31 30/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Just got recently Wildstar,Blade and Soul and got back Neverwinter and Star Trek Online(already have boxed Guild Wars 2 with the expansion)
---
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#5 Posted: 02:09:46 01/02/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Quote:
WildStar

HOLY ****! SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS THIS GAME EXISTS!

Dude. It was literally advertised with a midget furball jumping to the banner camera almost every time you loaded up any webpage that was running from the Curse engine at one point.
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:10:24 01/02/2017 by DS D
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 02:33:32 01/02/2017
MMOs
Wizard101 (Nothing anyone can say will tell me the worlds after Dragonspyre can be beaten by a child)

PC gaming in general
Overwatch
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#7 Posted: 03:08:50 01/02/2017
PC Gaming in general:

- Portal 2
- Paladins if you're on a budget
- Undertale
- Minecraft has more gamemodes than what it gives you
- Ori & The Blind Forest is actually great on PC, from what I've heard
- Pony Island. DEFINITELY Pony Island
- Unravel (needs Origin, but it's a beautiful game with heart, something that EA's made fun of for "not having")
- If on Windows 10, maybe Disney Infinity 3.0, as long as they haven't put their discontinuation into its final swing yet
- Mass Effect Triology
- Maybe the Dragon Age Trilogy
- Mini Metro
- The Stanley Parable (still trying to get the "Don't play for 5 years" achievement lmfao; I'm already 2 years in)
- A Beginner's Guide? Haven't played that one, but it seems interesting
- Neverball \____
- Neverputt / These two are actually the easiest games for her to start with, and they're free. Legit, just free
- If on Windows 8.1 or above, maybe Order & Chaos 1 or 2, but 2 hasn't been updated to even come close to par with the mobile ports (I friggen love playing as a Kratan thooooooo)
- Papers, Please
- OH!! THE SIMS!!!
- Debating b/t SimCity and Cities: Skylines at this point. The latter game actually has Natural Disasters now.
- Split/Second. Definitely Split/Second
- pacapong, by kingPenguin, from itch.io
- osu!
- Brawlhalla, if she likes fighting games and/or Super Smash Bros
- Rocket League!!
- Stand by for TITANFALL
- Life is Strange
- Diner Dash, if you're lucky enough to get a copy (maybe there's sales for it online? *Steam searches it* oh. Don't buy the Steam one for the story mode smilie)
- Planet Coaster
- Psychonauts (has 2 come out yet? *Googles* WOW. 2018 release date!)
- Mirror's Edge OG (i'd recommend Catalyst, but even though I liked it, not everyone did)
- If on Windows 8.1 or above, Asphalt 8 and Asphalt Xtreme
- Most recent Need for Speed games, maybe excluding 2013's Rivals and 2015's reboot, as they're both secretly MMO racers, the latter of which ended up being a full-priced Need for Speed World. Not that it's the worst thing to happen with the franchise, but still, very poor marketing on that part.
- Jade Empire, by BioWare
- Team Fortress 2
- Would've recommended Platformica, but it's been removed from the Steam Store
- JuJu actually seems interesting for a 2.5-D platformer
- I guess Yooka-Laylee is worth the pre-order
- Fallout
- FEZ (even if Phil Fish ended up being a jackass)
- n++
- I kind of don't get the positive reception from Owlboy, but it's there as a recommendation
- Grow Home (and it doesn't require uPlay!)
- Dude, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood has borderline Disney-like animations!
- Golf with Your Friends!
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
- The Last Tinker: City of Colors
- A Hat In Time

Aaand, that'd be it for now.
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:11:34 01/02/2017 by DS D
#8 Posted: 19:41:08 01/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Huh you can stop recommanding for my mom I went with Skyrim and got myself a Wrath private server back,got rid of Blade and Soul because it refused to fully update and took far too much place for a game I don't see myself playing for a long time so I think for suggestions for my mom maybe I should use my ios games(paid ones) and my console games to show her the basics,because she well didn't knew how to open a pc,how to use Google,how to choose a game and knowing the difference between software and games and didn't knew how to move using the keyboard,how to move the camera,how to attack and access the menu so basically she know nothing so it's pretty much a lost cause,a 59 years old lost cause.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me