Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
First | Previous | Page 4 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23
The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#151 Posted: 02:47:28 19/02/2017
I always saw them as generic blue shorts, especially since in my experience jeans are not the nicest to do lots of sports in.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#152 Posted: 03:09:20 19/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Riolu-Blue-247
I always saw them as generic blue shorts, especially since in my experience jeans are not the nicest to do lots of sports in.

I guess Crash likes a little challenge.
---
Bruh
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#153 Posted: 03:27:52 19/02/2017
O no! He has blue shorts! How could they!? VV can't do such a thing!

Gosh please. It's only a pants -.-

I like Crashs Skylander design, but it looks more like Twinsanity Crash. I'm pretty satisfied with his N.Sane Trilogy look, because it looks more like his PS1 design. smilie I like both.smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:29:20 19/02/2017 by XSparxX
#154 Posted: 03:31:44 19/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: TheToyNerd
Honestly, they should've gone with the Skylanders redesign. It looks so much better, tbh

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

I personally prefer the Skylanders design. Despite the slightly messed up proportions and toy-like textures (which have a reason, I guess), I prefer his fur palette and small details.

But the design used in the remakes is made to look more like the originals, so I see why they redesigned him again.
---
Bruh
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#155 Posted: 03:38:23 19/02/2017
Honestly, they should've gone with the Skylanders redesign. It looks so much better, tbh

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

It looks fine, dude. It looks way more cartoony than the one in this remake.
#156 Posted: 04:16:00 19/02/2017
Well, obviously Crash's design looks like a cartoon character still, but I feel like he's not as expressive as I thought he would be. Sometimes, he hits that right note for me, but a lot of the times, his face looks very stiff
#157 Posted: 04:42:34 19/02/2017
Well, obviously Crash's design looks like a cartoon character still, but I feel like he's not as expressive as I thought he would be. Sometimes, he hits that right note for me, but a lot of the times, his face looks very stiff

Oooh, okay. smilie I understand what you mean now and that's an issue I have as well.

He looks fine and expressive enough in the cutscenes, but all the in-game facial animations look a bit awkward. I know people take issue with the large teeth on Skylanders Crash, but that honestly makes him seem a lot more cartoonish (which is what they were going for in the first place).

That's just me, tho. I barely know anything about Crash!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#158 Posted: 05:09:03 19/02/2017
Skylander Crash looks more like his Twinsanity self, and Twinsanity (and every game after Twinsanity) are more cartoony as the ND games imo.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#159 Posted: 14:19:08 19/02/2017
Quote: Dragon Lover
See?? Why do his pants have a tie like sweatpants? :( They're supposed to be blue jeans.

It was explicitly stated in the Q&A on the PSBlog that he now wears surfer shorts. Because Australia I guess. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#160 Posted: 16:11:13 19/02/2017
Quote: HIR
See?? Why do his pants have a tie like sweatpants? smilie They're supposed to be blue jeans.

It was explicitly stated in the Q&A on the PSBlog that he now wears surfer shorts. Because Australia I guess. <.<

That makes a little bit more sense... but it still doesn't make it okay D:
#161 Posted: 22:10:42 19/02/2017
See?? Why do his pants have a tie like sweatpants? :( They're supposed to be blue jeans.

That makes a little bit more sense... but it still doesn't make it okay D:

Eh, it happens. Headcanon wise, it makes more sense to me. Have you ever tried to be athletic and run around/jump in jeans? Not very fun. Surfer shorts make it much easier. I speak from many volleyball games of experience. *brick'd*
---
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4378
#162 Posted: 22:22:17 19/02/2017
Can you respect people who don't like how the game look? That's perfect understandable and acceptable. Just because the game is a remake of a famous franchise it doesn't mean you have to absolutely love it.

Thanks.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#163 Posted: 22:25:22 19/02/2017
Quote: Halvmorke
Can you respect people who don't like how the game look? That's perfect understandable and acceptable. Just because the game is a remake of a famous franchise it doesn't mean you have to absolutely love it.

Thanks.

Who are you talking to?
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4378
#164 Posted: 23:00:45 19/02/2017
People who do that? Maybe? I've seen a lot of posts like "oh man, how do you say so, that's not true, the game is ok, OMG what are you talking about".

You're not one of them, don't worry.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#165 Posted: 23:31:05 19/02/2017
I'm more on the 'they're only shorts' for this though. I'm not saying that flaws should just be disregarded and that people aren't allowed to dislike the game look (which I can understand) but does his shorts really matter? Eh, I'm personally okay with the look. Not my favorite model that they've come out with, but I'm fine with it.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#166 Posted: 00:33:24 20/02/2017
The thrilling Crash's shorts or jeans debate.

Tonight at 11.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#167 Posted: 00:49:18 20/02/2017
Hey, look on the bright side of things that changed or didn't change. Eric Rogers didn't "reprise" his role from Skylanders Academy in this game.

As much as he beats himself up over that higher up decision, I still think he did a good job. Not fitting for Crash, but as a general australian character, he's way more entertaining than he thinks.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:49:37 20/02/2017 by Bifrost
#168 Posted: 01:14:47 20/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Hey, look on the bright side of things that changed or didn't change. Eric Rogers didn't "reprise" his role from Skylanders Academy in this game.

As much as he beats himself up over that higher up decision, I still think he did a good job. Not fitting for Crash, but as a general australian character, he's way more entertaining than he thinks.

Extreme business decisions.
---
Bruh
#169 Posted: 04:31:06 20/02/2017
lol I didn't mean to start a pants discourse
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4193
#170 Posted: 02:25:46 22/02/2017
This is the game that will get me to buy a PS4. I've been waiting for a new Crash game ever since I bought, "Crash: Mind Over Mutant," brand new back in 2008. It's been a long time coming, but I can finally say that I'm glad to see him return.

Also, regardless of how this game does, I do hope that this remake will cause Activision to remake the classic Spyro games as well. Not to replace Skylanders, mind you. Rather to introduce a new generation of gamers to Spyro's original adventures. I like all three iterations of Spyro, whether it be the original Spyro, the Legend series, or Skylanders. But I feel that if Crash is getting his day in the sun to show new gamers his old adventures with a new coat of paint, then maybe it's time for Spyro to get his turn.

After all, it'd be awesome to show the games that started it all with Spyro. You know, without having to jump through the hoops of buying an old copy online. (Though, the Playstation Store version is quite nice.)
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
#171 Posted: 03:33:35 22/02/2017
Quote: SpyroGamer2008
Also, regardless of how this game does, I do hope that this remake will cause Activision to remake the classic Spyro games as well. Not to replace Skylanders, mind you. Rather to introduce a new generation of gamers to Spyro's original adventures. I like all three iterations of Spyro, whether it be the original Spyro, the Legend series, or Skylanders. But I feel that if Crash is getting his day in the sun to show new gamers his old adventures with a new coat of paint, then maybe it's time for Spyro to get his turn.

Me too, man. I honestly think a new LoS series would be great just 'cause that trilogy had a LOT of wasted potential.
#172 Posted: 15:44:06 22/02/2017
Me too, man. I honestly think a new LoS series would be great just 'cause that trilogy had a LOT of wasted potential.

I personally think that the storyline for LoS should've just been used for an entirely new IP altogether.

It's not that a darker atmosphere doesn't fit Spyro, it's what the storyline was trying to do that would never work with a series like Spyro.
The plot found itself stuck in between trying to be super deep and meaningful while also trying to not be too dark for Spyro.
Because of this, the plot was all over the place and couldn't ever reach the full potential of what it was trying to do.

I like ANB and TEN, but I think the story should've been used for something else altogether.

That's definitely true, yeah. My main concern is that there was SO much of that universe that just wasn't developed at all. Like, we heard about places like the "Shattered Vale" and such, and I would've liked to know more about the histories of Dante's Freezer and convexity and the like.

Also... Cynder was the only goddamn female in the ENTIRE trilogy.
#173 Posted: 16:17:48 22/02/2017
Shattered Vale is the place around the Well of Souls, I think? Looks pretty barren from the cutscenes.

But yeah, Graham, Ron Marz and Pullen did an AMAZING job for the wrong IP. Were it an original dragon story, it'd be a cult classic rather than the failed reboot, because they were really good at creating a pretty world with its own original aesthetic. But since they were chained to shoving a Spyro game out of the door every year, so much was scrapped and just left behind; and only more was lost with the switch to Étranges Libellules. Pretty disheartening to read Pullen's musings about how Malefor was still not the final villain and the dynamics of Aether and Dark Aether's cycle of destruction and creation which never amounted to anything other than the ****ty evil plan monologue in the end of the trilogy.

Heck, Gaul's army, the Shadow Wraiths, had concept art notes about how they're a band of crazy mercenaries with some supernatural roots that even Cynder's army didn't want to deal with, if I recall.... Aaand we ended up with recolored apes with excecutioner outfits. Just their flags remained in Ancient Grove, and even most of the concept art are lost to the public since the Dropbox page was deleted years ago(couldn't save a whole lot the thing was easily a few GBs).

BUT UH TANGENT. Apparently the games are no longer PS4 exclusive, get your PC mods ready!
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:21:46 22/02/2017 by Bifrost
#174 Posted: 16:49:57 22/02/2017
I didn't know all that, Bifrost, that's super super interesting smilie

It's good that they're branching out with it. The die-hard PlayStation fan in me is kinda jealous that other systems will be getting it but I'm glad more people can enjoy something that I really really love.
#175 Posted: 16:57:51 22/02/2017
Do we have, like, official confirmation from Activision or Sony's main branch? Playstation Ireland doesn't seem like the best source for that...
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#176 Posted: 17:02:03 22/02/2017
OH HUZZAH!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#177 Posted: 17:05:06 22/02/2017
Well, I guess it does make sense, since Crash isn't directly owned by Sony anymore. Or at least, not owned by a company that's owned by Sony.

But, hey, this means that I can play it. Maybe.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#178 Posted: 17:17:56 22/02/2017
Do we have, like, official confirmation from Activision or Sony's main branch? Playstation Ireland doesn't seem like the best source for that...

The reddit comments mentioned other places might've removed their lines about it beign a PS4 exclusive, but it was a mess(some infighting) and I didn't look through them for long.
---
#179 Posted: 17:25:16 22/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Hope it comes to the Switch.
---
Bruh
#180 Posted: 18:41:08 22/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Seriously get a PS4, though. The hell is wrong with y'all? smilie

I'mma poor boy, and I need money to buy the best console ever...

The CD-i.
---
Bruh
#181 Posted: 18:48:54 22/02/2017
What EL used was just a tiny fraction of what Pullen really wanted. Here's the long LONG discourse about Convexity Breath/Aether, though he abandoned the account after that unfortunately.

On topic, I wouldn't be surprised if it means just coming out on PC or Switch. Acti would want to quickly nab players they know want to buy even if they don't comprehend why. I can't afford a PS4(thanks brazil taxes 4000 bucks is really affordable), but I wouldn't mind an exclusive as he was born and raised in Playstation - but now I think of people possibily modding the game and I get real curious.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#182 Posted: 19:30:15 22/02/2017
So Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy isn't a permanent PS4-exclusive but let's think of it this way. A good game should be enjoyed by everyone. (Still waiting for a PlayStation version of Lost Odyssey)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#183 Posted: 19:42:53 22/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I guess in the US and similar countries, it's not even that hard to have most consoles of a generation and its games. At least not as hard as here. I would probably have most consoles + a PC if I could, but yeah, the expensive prices make things harder. That's why I'm still on the first Skylanders game.

I guess Bifrost is very lucky to not be one of the type that wants all figures. Makes it easier for her.
---
Bruh
#184 Posted: 05:32:46 23/02/2017
Quote: Bifrost
What EL used was just a tiny fraction of what Pullen really wanted. Here's the long LONG discourse about Convexity Breath/Aether, though he abandoned the account after that unfortunately.

MAN that is super awesome smilie
#185 Posted: 17:38:33 10/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Gameplay of Hang Eight, from Cortex Strikes Back:

---
Bruh
#186 Posted: 03:00:56 11/03/2017
So N. Sane Trilogy is on the PAX East expo floor. If you'd like, ask me a question and I'll try to see if I can answer tomorrow or Sunday.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#187 Posted: 03:06:25 11/03/2017
So N. Sane Trilogy is on the PAX East expo floor. If you'd like, ask me a question and I'll try to see if I can answer tomorrow or Sunday.

Is it possible for a Switch port?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#188 Posted: 03:25:20 11/03/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Is it possible for a Switch port?

Okay that's an obvious answer: extremely unlikely but hey anything's possible. Understand that while Activision is publishing the game, Sony is distributing it (much like how Sony published the Naughty Dog trilogy and Universal distributed it in the 90's). Any other system releases would need to have Sony's approval.
---
#189 Posted: 12:19:55 11/03/2017 | Topic Creator

Try to record/take screenshots if there's any new stages, or anything new as a whole. I would be thankful.

Also, when's PAX East happening? Oh wait...
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:20:35 11/03/2017 by Crash10
#190 Posted: 04:21:41 12/03/2017
Quote: Crash10

Try to record/take screenshots if there's any new stages, or anything new as a whole. I would be thankful.

Also, when's PAX East happening? Oh wait...

Only stages available are the ones they've shown off in videos already (N. Sanity Beach, Heavy Machinery, Hang Eight). My crappy phone cam wouldn't do them justice. Some quick impressions though:

-This game is 30 FPS and VV tries to obscure it with heavy use of motion blur. Unlike Ratchet 2016 however, it's not as successful and the movement does appear stiff/choppy.
-Enemy AI is pretty identical to the PSX games. But it's hilarious to see them spin/flail off into the distance when you spin them.
-Call me crazy, but it seems like Crash has his Crash 1 physics/weight even in the Crash 2 level. And I don't consider that a good thing, but the remake seems to account for that just fine.
-The jet ski in Hang Eight seems to control much better. It was very easy to turn on a point and avoid the mines. Perhaps this gives some hope that maligned vehicles like the jetpack and motorcycle will handle better.

More thoughts tomorrow or something.
---
#191 Posted: 00:47:57 21/03/2017 | Topic Creator

A bit of gameplay from PAX East. Looks like some changes were made.
---
Bruh
First | Previous | Page 4 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me