Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
First | Page 2 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23
The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#51 Posted: 01:22:39 05/12/2016
Quote: faunatic
that has not been true since the 90s. if it were true, there would be more exclusives today, not less. there are much less exclusives now. nobody buys a console for one game.

The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy XV, Splatoon, Smash Bros... Some people said they bought X1s for Scalebound and Killer Instinct but might've been exaggerations. But, one game, 2-3 games, people still want to and buy consoles for their exclusives.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:23:40 05/12/2016 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#52 Posted: 01:25:19 05/12/2016 | Topic Creator
If I was rich and in a country with good economy, I would totally buy the PS4, even for only 2 exclusives and 1-2 multi-platforms not available on Wii U.
---
Bruh
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#53 Posted: 01:38:53 05/12/2016
that has not been true since the 90s. if it were true, there would be more exclusives today, not less. there are much less exclusives now. nobody buys a console for one game.

Well this is a reimagining of 3 games from the 90's, so it makes perfect sense to put them on the great-grandchild of the console they originally came out on! ^.^

(That and I'm pretty sure despite Activision's IP ownership Sony still owns the publishing rights to the Naughty Dog Crash games. Otherwise those and the Insomniac Spyro trilogy would've been on XBLA and Steam years ago.)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#54 Posted: 13:29:17 05/12/2016
My only real criticism from what I've seen so far is that the colour saturation looks a bit too low in the levels that are supposed to look more colourful (like Wumpa Islands and Hog Wild - it looks fine in the levels that are supposed to look dark like Heavy Machinery though). Other than that everything looks fine. Stuff like voices being different doesn't bother me since they still capture the feel of the original voice actors.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#55 Posted: 04:01:23 06/12/2016

Way to overgeneralize an entire audience lol.
---
words. letters. filler.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#56 Posted: 05:00:37 06/12/2016
yeah i bought the ps4 solely for uncharted 4
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#57 Posted: 12:45:04 07/12/2016
Quote: Drawdler
yesss i finally accidentally bumped into a video that shows someone getting all the crates in a level
Isn't that gem sound effect actually used in Skylanders too?
Also I just noticed how nice the remade bonus round music sounds ;-; I really wanna hear the music for the sewer and jetpack levels

Soo
Wait for the second game.
---
Ligi
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#58 Posted: 12:47:34 07/12/2016
Quote: SoulFly
yesss i finally accidentally bumped into a video that shows someone getting all the crates in a level
Isn't that gem sound effect actually used in Skylanders too?
Also I just noticed how nice the remade bonus round music sounds ;-; I really wanna hear the music for the sewer and jetpack levels

Soo
Wait for the second game.

This remake is all three games
#59 Posted: 13:09:19 07/12/2016
Yeah but the footage for anything but the first might take a while. Even then, they might only show the normal ones.
---
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#60 Posted: 16:35:52 07/12/2016
Oh jolly it wasn't squeesed for more bucks. Good thing this wasn't done by happy merchants.
I am excited to see what they do with Crash 2
HOPEFULLY MORE CHALLENGE. Or rewards for being great
I've chewed through it so many times.
I still love it tho
---
Ligi
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#61 Posted: 17:14:21 07/12/2016
only disappoint faun has with this is it being ps4 only. console exclusives are bad for business. maybe keep hope for wii u version. really have hope for spyro trilogy remake.

pffffttt crash was originally a PS1 exclusive
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#62 Posted: 18:14:34 07/12/2016
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
only disappoint faun has with this is it being ps4 only. console exclusives are bad for business. maybe keep hope for wii u version. really have hope for spyro trilogy remake.

Though that was back when Sony owned the license for the series. And makes me realize that maybe making Crash and Cortex accessible on all platforms in Imaginators was probably not the wisest decision since now there'll probably be Wii U/Xbox kids who see the remakes and want it only to not be able to.

But, oh well.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#63 Posted: 18:26:35 07/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: AdamGregory03

Though that was back when Sony owned the license for the series. And makes me realize that maybe making Crash and Cortex accessible on all platforms in Imaginators was probably not the wisest decision since now there'll probably be Wii U/Xbox kids who see the remakes and want it only to not be able to.

But, oh well.

It will be good for Sony, since some parents will end up buying a PS4.

And the fact that the remakes are PlayStation exclusives doesn't make impossible for a new game to be released on all platforms.
---
Bruh
#64 Posted: 20:31:09 07/12/2016

But, oh well.

dead console
#65 Posted: 01:19:51 08/12/2016
Since there's just one version at least they can put more focus on just this one version.
I'd be really curious to know when they started developing this. I get the impression they barely started by E3.

Well, VV weren't the primary developers of this year's Skylanders, so if anything they could very well have started pre-production when Superchargers came out.

If anything, I hope ActiBlizz isn't rushing the release. This IS VV's first game developed primarily for PS4 (Superchargers was built for last gen and ported up if I remember correctly), so they could do with the extra time. <.<
---
#66 Posted: 01:39:22 08/12/2016
SuperChargers was built on PS4, pretty sure so was Swap Force. SC I'm sure since their devkit footage in the Treehouse videos was specifically stated to be PS4.
---
#67 Posted: 02:05:23 08/12/2016
Quote: Bifrost
SuperChargers was built on PS4, pretty sure so was Swap Force. SC I'm sure since their devkit footage in the Treehouse videos was specifically stated to be PS4.

Ah, well if it was, it was still designed to match the last-gen hardware specs (because otherwise those versions would end up watered down like the Wii ones)... so they should have more graphical fidelity and processing power at their disposal for N. Sane. <.<
---
#68 Posted: 13:26:52 08/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
SuperChargers was built on PS4, pretty sure so was Swap Force.

Swap Force was made for last-gen consoles, excluding the Wii. PS4 and XOne just got ports.
---
Bruh
#69 Posted: 22:26:33 08/12/2016
[User Posted Image]

he looks so happy!
#70 Posted: 01:29:18 09/12/2016
he looks so happy!

Especially given the circumstances.
---
Check this out! Please?
#71 Posted: 17:21:57 09/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Random though, but... I feel Tawna was changed according to modern feminism and things like that. I mean...

• She did nothing on the original intro. Now she punches a dude.
  • The breast size is way smaller.
  • She has a less sexy behavior and has more attitude. At least from what we've saw.
  • The clothes feel less revealing.

Just throwing the though.
---
Bruh
#72 Posted: 18:45:55 09/12/2016
Considering how people are ready to jump and cry mysoginy, it's best they did so little but just enough, instead of trying to get easy PR by being progressive and changing the plot.
She still stands out a loot in the cast though. Wouldn't mind if she was shorter, those are almost Bayonetta legs in comparison.
---
#73 Posted: 18:53:46 09/12/2016 | Topic Creator
People who worked on the first game said she was always strong and able to stand on her own. They even described some of her acts while she was inside Cortex Castle. Something along trying to escape on her own and others. They just didn't showed those things on the actual game. Maybe there will be a bit of that on the remakes?
---
Bruh
#74 Posted: 21:06:55 09/12/2016
Hey turns out an ex ND employee has some choice words aaaand wow.

Quote:
Innovate and blow some minds! There is so much more that could have been offered now or even during the earlier generation of consoles. There wasn’t a Crash Bandicoot game for the PS3 now was there?

An all-new Crash Bandicoot game for PS4 should be starring Crash’s own kid and his kid’s crew. He could flashback and even tell stories of what his dad told him about “back in ‘da day”, while blazing a new trail including great new features and abilities including “techno-gadgets” that are awesome! Maybe this is actually Coco’s child but indeed the franchise could have and should now move into the future.

If I wanted to play Donkey Kong I'd play that and not Crash
Maybe it's a good idea VV is doing this instead
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:07:42 09/12/2016 by Bifrost
#75 Posted: 21:37:18 09/12/2016 | Topic Creator
I think someone doesn't know the meaning of the word "remake". No offense to him, but...
---
Bruh
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#76 Posted: 22:37:01 09/12/2016
he looks so happy!

Especially given the circumstances.

molten acid factories are a bandicoot's native habitat.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#77 Posted: 01:31:35 10/12/2016
In the comment section of that article, scroll down to what Fafil had stated, I think it puts some of David Stillers points into perspective, but I am not going to post it here since I don't want to incite further arguments and I will not speak for them.

Now, a little off topic, I want Microsoft to take note of this Crash Bandicoot: N' Sane Trilogy and do the same thing Activision and Vicarious Visions is doing with Banjo-Kazooie + Banjo Tooie. Touch up the graphics and animations lightly and kindly, paying homage to the original games as close as possible, none of that Nuts and Bolts weirdness. Make it a remaster +, make over those levels over again by hand, and add more features and levels, perhaps the ones that didn't make it in due to time constraints. And finally, do so to test the waters, If the creators pull it off as well as the N' Sane Trilogy, maybe more games could be made in the future, I mean that is probably the explanation for the N' Sane Trilogy.

Tbh, I don't care about the haters complaining about this new Crash Bandicoot game, I freakin' love everything about it. ^ This is how I'd want people to remake my games, and I hope the same direction is done for Spyro, but I am considering the points made in the Spyro Trilogy Remaster Possibility Discussion Topic.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:36 10/12/2016 by Bryman04
#78 Posted: 03:14:43 10/12/2016
I mean, Naughty Dog also tried to make Jak 4 realistic. I don't really think they can do cartoonish-styled games these days anyways, so as much as I respect them as developers, they'd probably be a terrible choice.

Thaaaaaaaaaaank you. It's amazing how many people both on and offline don't understand that developers change over time. You think the new Naughty Dog can make a good Crash game? Then why are they making The Last of Us 2? Cause that's what they specialize in these days. Why did Insomniac make games like Fuse and Sunset Overdrive? Because they wanted some separation from the Ratchet & Clank games. <.<;
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#79 Posted: 08:25:04 10/12/2016
The biggest issue is that nowadays, gamers need the story and explainations to make more sense now. Back then, logic was the last thing on gamers minds. They just wanted to play fun games with odd characters. It's the same with movies where they were once simple and fun movies, but now have to be super stroy driven and everything needs to make sense now. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to miss the days when things were so much simpler then and I never normally say that.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#80 Posted: 00:30:56 11/12/2016
Quote: GhostRoaster617
The biggest issue is that nowadays, gamers need the story and explainations to make more sense now. Back then, logic was the last thing on gamers minds. They just wanted to play fun games with odd characters. It's the same with movies where they were once simple and fun movies, but now have to be super stroy driven and everything needs to make sense now. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to miss the days when things were so much simpler then and I never normally say that.

same.
#81 Posted: 00:37:44 11/12/2016
Quote: GhostRoaster617

It's almost like we grew standards...

I do agree to a certain extent. I don't need 50 Billion hour experiences to be satisfied with a game. Story is a must, though.
#82 Posted: 01:00:04 11/12/2016
It's the story vs. writing argument that people don't really get. You can have the most run of the mill 'save kingdom from dark lord' plot, but SO many games hit it off by writing the journey well. It doesn't have to be a crazy meta event(which people are really into those days) or melodramatic tragedy, if you can make people still enjoy it all the same. Fun is what most games are about, after all.
---
#83 Posted: 01:10:04 11/12/2016 | Topic Creator
What Bifrost said.

Also, I think that story is only important to a certain extent. You can't expect much if the plot isn't the focus of the game.
---
Bruh
#84 Posted: 15:43:02 12/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Bump because I've made a big update.
---
Bruh
LinkOfTwilight Green Sparx Gems: 340
#85 Posted: 04:43:36 13/12/2016
I'm so excited for this!

I can't wait to hear more of the soundtrack now that it's remade.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#86 Posted: 22:36:53 14/12/2016
Heh, I really really can't wait for this. Along with Spyro, Crash was my childhood hero and I'm so glad he's making a comeback. <3

And about what GhostRoaster said ... I totally agree. Really, I don't believe that Crash needs a great story to be an awesome game, and it's really cool that a game from that era of not needing a groundbreaking story is coming back. But then that gives me newfound concerns for the success of the Crash remaster, because as you said, people want a good story and Crash doesn't really offer that. How will people respond, then?
Hopefully I'm just worrying a bit.

Also, I just realised how excited I am to see Ripper Roo again because he's probably my favourite villain in the series. Well, and also Tiny. >.<
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#87 Posted: 23:07:24 14/12/2016
I don't think the story is necessarily anything to worry about. I mean, Mario is still one of the most iconic video game characters of all time and his game's stories are usually just "Bowser's kidnapped Peach or is just being a douche, go stop him". I know they do like to give it a bit more depth like in the RPGs or Galaxy games, but for the most part the basic story is the same.

Plus it would probably also depend on what people would expect from a Crash Bandicoot game. For example, you'd expect a character-driven story in something like, say, the Last of Us. In a Zelda game, you'd expect to go on some epic quest to vanquish evil. Chances are most people would expect a Crash game to have a simple story and some wacky antics.

Plus, that's also not factoring in how many people are nostalgic PS1 gamers who are just glad to see Crash back in the limelight.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:15 14/12/2016 by AdamGregory03
#88 Posted: 23:53:18 14/12/2016
The Mario RPGs are also really simple. Save the X world, collect Y mcguffin, or save Peach again. The thing about their plots is that they pepper the journey with side things and characters to make it more interesting than it would be as a FF-level cluster****. Writing over plot, again.

Except Sticker Star and Paper Jam(iirc), which decided it needed neither and fell flat on its face because then the player has no reason to care.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:15 14/12/2016 by Bifrost
#89 Posted: 23:55:52 14/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Agreed. TwinSanity and Mind Over Mutant also had simple plots, but the writing is pretty clever (and the different visual styles for MOM's cutscenes was a neat idea).
---
Bruh
#90 Posted: 00:35:08 15/12/2016
Speaking of plot!

You think they're gonna fix the plot issue of Crash 2 where you see Cortex plot to fool Crash into helping him RIGHT BEFORE HE FOOLS CRASH INTO HELPING HIM FOR AN ENTIRE GAME!?!?!!
#91 Posted: 00:39:19 15/12/2016 | Topic Creator
You know how the fans react to single changes like this, even if it's good for the plot?

Stuff will get nasty, I'll tell ya.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:40:04 15/12/2016 by Crash10
#92 Posted: 00:46:11 15/12/2016
All they have to do... Is tweak the beginning scene a little. It won't be that big of a change!
#93 Posted: 00:48:38 15/12/2016 | Topic Creator
I hope it goes for the better. But I fear other people might get salty over that. Or I'm exaggerating.
---
Bruh
#94 Posted: 01:18:52 15/12/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: TheToyNerd
Speaking of plot!

You think they're gonna fix the plot issue of Crash 2 where you see Cortex plot to fool Crash into helping him RIGHT BEFORE HE FOOLS CRASH INTO HELPING HIM FOR AN ENTIRE GAME!?!?!!

That was intentional, though. lol The player were supposed to know that Cortex was using Crash the whole time, and that Crash was just too stupid to realize it.

Plus, it's pretty obvious that he was using Crash, even without that cutscene. (Not to mention the game is called Cortex Strikes Back after all)

Yes, I know that. But it's unnecessary IMO cause other characters warn you that Cortex is being manipulative. Just cut it out and have it make more sense.
First | Page 2 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me