Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
Page 1 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23
The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 18:36:55 03/12/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Greetings, and welcome to the All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

About

Crash Bandicoot is a series revolving around an orange marsupial called Crash Bandicoot and his arch-nemesis, Dr. Neo Cortex. Crash, with the help of friends and family, like his sister Coco, his sentient mask friend Aku Aku and his semi-brother Crunch, set into adventures on the fictional Wumpa Islands in Australia in order to stop the evil plans of Cortex, his henchmen, and other enemies. The main series consists mostly of 3D platforming games, with focus on linear level design and extra tasks like breaking crates or collecting Crystals and Gems. The series has gone trough many styles of gameplay, both for its spin-offs and for some of the more experimental main entries, with the franchise trying out on kart racing games, 2D platformers, party games and even beat 'em ups. This is due to the many studios and publishers who got hold of the franchise as time went on, but the series is now owned by Activision, with current games being made by Vicarious visions, Toys for Bob and Beenox.

[User Posted Image]

Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled is the next game in the Crash Bandicoot franchise. It is a remake of Crash Team Racing for the original PlayStation, and it includes the entire original game - from Adventure Mode and Cup Mode to Battle Mode and Time Trials - with fully remade visuals, plus additions like online multiplayer, new vehicles, vehicle switching and "more to be announced". The game will be released on June 21, 2019 for the PlayStation 4, XBox One and Nintendo Switch for a price tag of $39.99. A special edition called Nitros Oxide Edition, available at $49.99, will include Nitros Oxide, the main antagonist, and his vehicle from the get-go, plus space-themed skins for Crash, Coco and Cortex, and "more to be announced". Players who get the standard version can unlock Nitros Oxide and his vehicle during Adventure Mode.

[User Posted Image]

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is the latest game in the Crash Bandicoot series. It is a remake of the first three Crash games for the original PlayStation, including Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped. The games are the same as before, but with visuals and music remade from the ground up, plus a lot of tweaks and new features, like Time Trials in all three games, a playable appearance from Coco in all games, a crate counter in all of the games, and more. The game is available for PlayStation 4, XBox One, Nintendo Switch and PC (by the Steam store). Two new stages can also be downloaded for free, called Stormy Ascent (a cut level from the original Crash Bandicoot) and Future Tense (an all-new level for Crash Bandicoot: Warped).

Other Games

Crash Bandicoot (1996)
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (1997)
Crash Bandicoot: WARPED (1998)
Crash Team Racing (1999)
Crash Bash (2000)
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (2001)
Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure / Crash Bandicoot XS (2002)
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced (2003)
Crash Nitro Kart (2003)
Crash Nitro Kart [Handheld] (2003 / 2004)
Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage / Crash Bandicoot Fusion (2004)
Crash Nitro Kart [Mobile] (2004)
Crash Twinsanity 3D (2004)
Crash Twinsanity (2004)
Crash Twinsanity [Mobile] (2004)
Crash Bandicoot [Mobile] (2005)
Crash Tag Team Racing (2005)
Crash Racing (2005)
Interactive Pachislot (2005)
Crash Bandicoot Party Games (2006)
Crash Boom Bang! (2006)
CR Crash Bandicoot (2006)
Crash of the Titans (2007)
Crash of the Titans [Game Boy Advance] (2007)
Crash of the Titans [Nintendo DS] (2007)
Crash of the Titans [Mobile] (2007)
Chokkan♪ Crash Bandicoot (2007)
Crash Nitro Kart 2 (2008)
Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D (2008)
Crash: Mind Over Mutant (2008)
Crash: Mind Over Mutant [Nintendo DS] (2008)
Crash Bandicoot Mutant Island (2009)
Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 (2010)
Skylanders: Imaginators (2016) [Special playable appearance of Crash and Cortex, plus a stage based on the Wumpa Islands]
---
Bruh
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 22:07:39 07/12/2018 by Crash10
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#2 Posted: 19:00:10 03/12/2016
Guess there was no lie when they said they'd use Imaginators as framework for the assets - you see the same plants and statues, and it feels a lot like VV's Skylanders engine.

Knowing VV, doubt they could screw this up even if they tried, and it looks pretty good as is(though a bit snappy on the movement, probably so it doesn't break the original level design). I just hope it's not at the expense of their other franchise.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:00:40 03/12/2016 by Bifrost
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#3 Posted: 19:18:05 03/12/2016
From the looks of it, they might add a bit more narrative to the first game since it lacked a story besides the premise.
#4 Posted: 19:48:17 03/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Guess there was no lie when they said they'd use Imaginators as framework for the assets - you see the same plants and statues, and it feels a lot like VV's Skylanders engine.

Knowing VV, doubt they could screw this up even if they tried, and it looks pretty good as is(though a bit snappy on the movement, probably so it doesn't break the original level design). I just hope it's not at the expense of their other franchise.

Same engine? Interesting.

I heard some people complaining about Crash's design and slowdowns made for the trailer (they think it's something in the game) because why not.
---
Bruh
#5 Posted: 19:51:55 03/12/2016
It might be altered, but it feels a lot like the in-engine cutscenes from SC.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6 Posted: 20:31:58 03/12/2016
OHHHHHH! This looks super sweet!

I really regret getting an Xbox One now... CHRISTMAS 2017 IT IS!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7 Posted: 20:50:18 03/12/2016
Press gameplay~

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#8 Posted: 21:01:12 03/12/2016
No doubt they're using the modern Skylanders engine. Looking at the gamneplay and seeing the sky, those are pretty much Skylands clouds.

Like Bifrost, I hope Vv working on this didn't take away from their baby
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#9 Posted: 21:33:30 03/12/2016
Still looks to be very WIP from what I can see. That said, it really does seem to be a faithful recreation... at least for the original. Tawna's there and everything.

And thank GOD they give us a box counter in the Crash 1 levels! Now let's just hope they DON'T bring back the "need to bash every box and clear the level without dying" shenanigans that plagued the original Crash 1. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#10 Posted: 21:42:47 03/12/2016
Oh i didn't know about this. Looks like nothing much has changed except the graphics.
Good and bad in my opinion.
But i'll pick them up no doubt if they come out on opportune times.
---
Ligi
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#11 Posted: 21:49:49 03/12/2016
CRASH YOU'RE BACK IN MY LIFE
---
Gay 4 GARcher
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#12 Posted: 22:00:23 03/12/2016
I´m surprised to see Tawna, I know that she´s a character from first game but she only appears in the first game and another game for the DS... Totally looking forward to the remakes.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#13 Posted: 22:03:39 03/12/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey
I´m surprised to see Tawna, I know that she´s a character from first game but she only appears in the first game and another game for the DS... Totally looking forward to the remakes.

Well, they are remaking the first game, after all.
If she was in that game, why wouldn't she be in the remake?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#14 Posted: 22:06:18 03/12/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

They could've replaced her with, say, Coco or something. I think originally parents complained to Sony/Naughty Dog about her design, but that's not really much of an issue these days with the ESRB and kids playing Call of Duty anyway. <.<
---
#15 Posted: 22:10:58 03/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR

They could've replaced her with, say, Coco or something. I think originally parents complained to Sony/Naughty Dog about her design, but that's not really much of an issue these days with the ESRB and kids playing Call of Duty anyway. <.<

It was not even parents, it was Universal itself.
---
Bruh
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#16 Posted: 23:53:15 03/12/2016
Looks neat but not too appealing at the same time. The levels look pretty snazzy. I wasn't that hyped when they announced it before but now I'm intrigued.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#17 Posted: 00:47:54 04/12/2016
We're ONE step closer for Spyro's return to glory! Let get through these years!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#18 Posted: 00:59:14 04/12/2016
Uncut gameplay ahead, probably getting deleted soon -

WARNING: THIS GUY REALLY THINKS YOU NEVER PLAYED BEFORE, and also makes me look like I'm good at videogames, holy crap

You can jump on boxes and enemies, and you have to collect all the fruit and extra lives, I'd have never guessed
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:40 04/12/2016 by Bifrost
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#19 Posted: 01:04:34 04/12/2016
This makes me want a PS4...
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#20 Posted: 01:15:00 04/12/2016
God, does this look beautiful. I love how they actually kept it as close as they could to the original, it really makes me happy. The scenes look really nicely animated too!
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#21 Posted: 01:48:31 04/12/2016
At least he doesn't talk :^)
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#22 Posted: 01:59:58 04/12/2016
Quote: Lunarz

He says a very clear 'oh no' at the start

I mean from what VV did in Imaginators which I assume is their understanding of the character, Crash *can* talk, he just doesn't 99% of the time. He still says some full words every now and then.
---
#23 Posted: 02:13:13 04/12/2016
Quote: Lunarz

He says a very clear 'oh no' at the start

I mean from what VV did in Imaginators which I assume is their understanding of the character, Crash *can* talk, he just doesn't 99% of the time. He still says some full words every now and then.

#semantics

Crash has always been able to say tiny phrases and exclamations

But the point of his character is that the experiments done on him by Neo ****ed his brain up and left him with below average IQ, which was a large appeal of the character and was endearing that this idiot kept saving the world.
---
#24 Posted: 02:21:52 04/12/2016
That I get. His role in Skylanders Academy isn't canon anyway and was the result of bad timing to begin with. But he can say stuff, still, he's not exactly silent protagonist.

Also, is this really a press-avaliable demo like Bloodstained? The short footage all made it seem like it's just short sections, but that stream shows it's a full-on demo of 2 levels.
---
#25 Posted: 02:40:15 04/12/2016 | Topic Creator
That I get. His role in Skylanders Academy isn't canon anyway and was the result of bad timing to begin with. But he can say stuff, still, he's not exactly silent protagonist.

It depends on the game. He's totally silent in TwinSanity but makes so much noises in Titans/Mind Over Mutant that it almost feels like gibberish. On the original games, he makes simple noises and words like "oh no" and "tah-daaah".
---
Bruh
#26 Posted: 02:43:47 04/12/2016
The B-roll footage did look a little bit faster-paced than the trailer footage. By which I mean, Crash's movement and jumping speed seemed more like what I remember the PSX games playing like. Or maybe I'm just seeing things. @.@
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12076
#27 Posted: 02:54:42 04/12/2016
all of the models look pretty gud except for pinstripe
whats wrong with hIS FAAAAAAAAACE
#28 Posted: 03:21:03 04/12/2016 | Topic Creator

WARNING: THIS GUY REALLY THINKS YOU NEVER PLAYED BEFORE, and also makes me look like I'm good at videogames, holy crap

You can jump on boxes and enemies, and you have to collect all the fruit and extra lives, I'd have never guessed

Thanks for sharing this. So I can assume you can die and still get the Crate Gem? Huuuuh.
---
Bruh
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#29 Posted: 03:51:08 04/12/2016
oh my, that's pretty good
#30 Posted: 03:56:06 04/12/2016

i had to stop watching cuz he was so bad, how can you be that bad?

-incredibly standard easy jump-
"Okay guys now you gotta be really careful at this spot and make sure you dont fall cuz it's a really hard jump"
-makes the jump and fails at a standards box pit puzzle-

kms
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#31 Posted: 04:27:54 04/12/2016

For the looks her remaster design looks more tame then from the PS1 days. Also did Crash just said ¨Oh No?¨
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:29:26 04/12/2016 by KeybasHedKey
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#32 Posted: 05:54:54 04/12/2016
Wow I hope to Eon this game is gonna be good. That player I'm sorry, but he was horrible.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#33 Posted: 10:32:07 04/12/2016
And here come the complainers, saying the trilogy is "ruined", because:

• The games aren't developed by Naughty Dog or Sony
  • Not satisfied with Crash's HD design
  • The art style is different
  • The PS1 original atmosphere being removed

Yes yes, I know when there's a game remaster revealed, there are bound to be users who will find ways to complain, even when they are getting what they have been demanding all these years. X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#34 Posted: 11:21:04 04/12/2016
Also if you listen closely, they seem to remake the old tracks. GOOD. I love crash games soundtracks
---
Ligi
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#35 Posted: 11:25:20 04/12/2016
seeing the trailer made me sad.

my grandfather, who died of a heart attack in 2007, was a really huge fan of crash. i'd watch him play it when i went over to my grandparents. i bet he would've loved this.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#36 Posted: 13:48:17 04/12/2016
People keep complaining about the voice and music despite being the same as before on some general game subreddits.
---
#37 Posted: 15:25:31 04/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Bigger B-Roll, including gameplay of the Time Trial mode:

---
Bruh
#38 Posted: 15:45:17 04/12/2016
People keep complaining about the voice and music despite being the same as before on some general game subreddits.

It's not the same as the original... but it is the same VA's from the last console Crash game (Mind Over Mutant). Lex Lang as Cortex and Maurice LaMarche as Brio. <.<
---
#39 Posted: 15:48:44 04/12/2016 | Topic Creator

It's not the same as the original... but it is the same VA's from the last console Crash game (Mind Over Mutant). Lex Lang as Cortex and Maurice LaMarche as Brio. <.<

Which I personally consider as their best voices.
---
Bruh
#40 Posted: 16:00:12 04/12/2016

Not the cutscene voices, people are saying Crash's SFX is different. Maybe the pitch changed a bit, but it's the same there.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#41 Posted: 19:43:39 04/12/2016
Quote: parisruelz12
seeing the trailer made me sad.

my grandfather, who died of a heart attack in 2007, was a really huge fan of crash. i'd watch him play it when i went over to my grandparents. i bet he would've loved this.

OMG I'm so sorry to hear that and I give you my condolences to your grandfather smilie. I too bet he would have loved these and I hope you love this game as much as I hope to enjoy it.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#42 Posted: 00:50:20 05/12/2016
only disappoint faun has with this is it being ps4 only. console exclusives are bad for business. maybe keep hope for wii u version. really have hope for spyro trilogy remake.
#43 Posted: 00:56:28 05/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: faunatic
only disappoint faun has with this is it being ps4 only. console exclusives are bad for business. maybe keep hope for wii u version. really have hope for spyro trilogy remake.

Bad for business? I mean, the point of exclusives is to make people want to buy a specific console. The entire gaming business for console manufacturers is to get as much exclusives as possible.

That said, I also hope Spyro gets something along these lines.
---
Bruh
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#44 Posted: 01:08:03 05/12/2016
that has not been true since the 90s. if it were true, there would be more exclusives today, not less. there are much less exclusives now. nobody buys a console for one game.
#45 Posted: 01:15:44 05/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: faunatic
that has not been true since the 90s. if it were true, there would be more exclusives today, not less. there are much less exclusives now. nobody buys a console for one game.

That's why companies won't stop at one exclusive. They try to make as much as possible to attract people to their consoles.
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me