Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Loud House
Mad Jack1123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#1 Posted: 03:04:15 30/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Idk if this topic has been created or not. But this show is attually pretty decent. Like the only quality thing nick has given us in a while. Just throwing that out there, last time I admitted to liking a new kids show people agreed. (Gravity Falls). [User Posted Image]
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#2 Posted: 17:01:41 01/12/2016
Yeah, this is definitely one of Nick's best modern shows, hands down.
---
Soon.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#3 Posted: 21:25:54 01/12/2016
It's a pretty swell cartoon. Definitely the product of cartoon veterans. It knows how to use elements from older cartoons to create something that feels comfy and familiar.
Mad Jack1123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#4 Posted: 03:09:02 02/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Carmelita Fox
It's a pretty swell cartoon. Definitely the product of cartoon veterans. It knows how to use elements from older cartoons to create something that feels comfy and familiar.

Maybe they will figure out that they don't need to be outrageously stupid to make something comical with a good storyline, it reminds me of the good years of spongebob and fairly odd parents.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#5 Posted: 11:56:20 02/12/2016
I actually made a topic about this a while backm

Also, I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I think all the sisters are really cute in their own ways!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#6 Posted: 01:02:48 08/01/2017
The show that restored my faith in the channel smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#7 Posted: 02:50:50 08/01/2017
Gotta admit, it's not bad! Also I think the gay dads is pretty awesome and a great step for the channel as a whole
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#8 Posted: 04:00:13 08/01/2017
^A very huge risk they took with that one. It's nice how they dared to do it though. It's a huge steps for kids cartoons, even though it's not the first time it has been done. Of course it has it's controversies, but that's unavoidable.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#9 Posted: 02:04:55 11/01/2017
i think it's ****, i perfer spongebob
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 03:29:23 11/01/2017
This show is really good. The animation is fluid and consistent, the characters are unique, Lincoln is a likable main character, and having clyde have 2 dads is a great move.

This show's the only decent thing on nickelodeon right now. I'm not just saying that- watch literally ANY other show on nick right now (both live action, and cartoon) and you'll see what i mean
#11 Posted: 03:32:18 11/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
This show is really good. The animation is fluid and consistent, the characters are unique, Lincoln is a likable main character, and having clyde have 2 dads is a great move.

This show's the only decent thing on nickelodeon right now. I'm not just saying that- watch literally ANY other show on nick right now (both live action, and cartoon) and you'll see what i mean

Precisely my point. By the way, I think you quoted Lori there smilie
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#12 Posted: 15:46:12 11/01/2017
spongebob is getting better lately. to me that's the only good show on nick
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#13 Posted: 15:51:43 11/01/2017
Well, I've never liked Spongebob. Funny you should say that it's getting better. People I know that like it say it's not as good as it used to be. Sort of like what's happening with Fairly Oddparents.
---
#14 Posted: 19:02:54 12/01/2017
Quote: Felines
Well, I've never liked Spongebob. Funny you should say that it's getting better. People I know that like it say it's not as good as it used to be. Sort of like what's happening with Fairly Oddparents.

Oh yeah, FOP is going downhill FAST. adding new characters to your cartoon after this long is like an amputation- ONLY IN DIRE SITUATIONS.

they also switched FOP to flash-based animation.
#15 Posted: 19:15:33 12/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

Oh yeah, FOP is going downhill FAST. adding new characters to your cartoon after this long is like an amputation- ONLY IN DIRE SITUATIONS.

they also switched FOP to flash-based animation.

It's not only the addition of other characters. It's the addition of a new main character. The animation has to do with it too, but not by that much. it's still similar to the one we're use to. But you're right. They took way too much time to add another main character into the cast, and since the change was both late and sudden, it really contributed to it's downfall. We're all very skeptical when it comes to changes into a formula we're too use to, and creators have to pull it off very carefully if they don't want their show to lose it's fan base. Unfortunately, the FOP creators pulled it off in all the wrong ways.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#16 Posted: 20:41:40 12/01/2017
I think the people at Nick are forcing the show's crew to put new main characters. It's common as a desesperate attempt to make a show relevant. Rarely works.

There's a entire Simpsons episode around this subject, called The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show. I recommend watching it. As much as it's over-the-top with the subject, it's knows how to tell it. And it's pretty funny.
---
Bruh
#17 Posted: 20:48:09 12/01/2017
Yeah. The Simpsons know how to ingeniously parody everything in life. It's such a shame how the creators usuallu have to succumb to the excecutive's meddling smilie
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#18 Posted: 20:53:31 12/01/2017
Yeah. The Simpsons know how to ingeniously parody everything in life. It's such a shame how the creators usuallu have to succumb to the excecutive's meddling smilie

The funniest part is that the executives requested for a new Simpson main character. They did this instead.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:49 12/01/2017 by Crash10
#19 Posted: 20:57:14 12/01/2017
So they succumbed to their own parody. How ironic.
---
#20 Posted: 21:25:20 12/01/2017
So let's ask ourselves the obvious: Favourite sister?

Mine would be Lucy: Proving that favourites don't equal most like me.
I don't know why, she just stands out the most. They make her seem dark and more mature than some of the others, but the show still remembers she's like 8.
---
Soon.
#21 Posted: 23:56:36 12/01/2017
^That's a good pick. She's very popular, and so funny when she appears out of nowhere. My favorite has to be either Leni or Lana. I didn't think much of Leni until the episode Along Came a Sister. She may be a ditz, but she has such a kind heart. And Lana reminds me so much of my love for animals and the way I somewhat was at that age smilie
---
Alydol Ripto Gems: 1330
#22 Posted: 15:50:34 16/01/2017
I absolutely hated it. It copies multiple large family sitcoms.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#23 Posted: 15:56:59 16/01/2017
Quote: Alydol

Isn't that the point, though? It's supposed to be a super weird take on those kinds of shows?
#24 Posted: 16:04:13 16/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: Alydol

Isn't that the point, though? It's supposed to be a super weird take on those kinds of shows?

With that I agree. It's a sitcom, but animated. Instead of being one big adventure like most cartoons, it tells the story of everyday life, and that makes the show quite unique, not to mention that it looks like a moving comic strip. And with so many characters, you are bound to identify with one or some of them.
---
#25 Posted: 21:05:10 22/02/2017
Reminder that new episodes are coming out later, and over the next couple of days.
---
Soon.
#26 Posted: 21:54:51 01/03/2017
Next time you watch the episode Heavy Meddle, pay attention to Lucy's face when the sisters are watching Lincoln kiss the bully.
---
Soon.
#27 Posted: 22:05:41 01/03/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Next time you watch the episode Heavy Meddle, pay attention to Lucy's face when the sisters are watching Lincoln kiss the bully.

I noticed that on the second viewing. Laughed so much smilie
---
#28 Posted: 16:41:38 03/03/2017
Ok, new idea. Watch an episode of the Loud house, but take a shot everytime...
  • Lori mentions Bobby
  • Leni says something dumb
  • Luna makes a music reference of any kind
  • Luan makes any kind of joke
  • Lynn does something sporty
  • Lincoln mentions how big his family is
  • Lucy pops up out of nowhere
  • Lana does something dirty, like playing in mud.
  • Lola being vain or telling on others
  • Lisa mentioning or doing science
  • Lily is seen without her diaper
  • The parents' faces aren't shown
  • Clyde obsesses over Lori
  • Everytime you throw up for how much you drank from the above conditions

• Ok have fun.
    Don't actually do this
    ---
    Soon.
    #29 Posted: 18:00:11 06/03/2017
    Sorry for double posting, but I have an interesting question: who would win in a Hunger Games style fight to the death between all the sisters? No outside equipment allowed.

Firstly, we can immediately rule out Leni and Lily. Leni is pretty dumb, not even knowing her left from her right. As for Lily... what would she do? make her diaper smell so bad it kills everyone? Highly unlikely.
    Lori doesn't have much going for her, except being very aggressive. She might survive the first few days, but would lose eventually.
    Luna is shown to have destroyed an entire hotel room. A large hotel room. That makes her a good contender, although there is a difference between killing and destroying a lot of furniture. And this episode (The Butterfly Effect) is all in Lincoln's imagination.
    Luan is a master of setting up pranks, as seen in April Fools Rules, so she could set up some traps. Other than that, nothing much.
    Lynn is probably the most physically capable out of the sisters, since she plays almost every sport ever. Would most likely take over the Cornucopia on day one.
    Lana is the outdoorsy type, so she would be good at setting traps, searching for food, finding other traps, camouflage, that stuff. Did you see how fast she dug that hole in It's a Loud, Loud House?
    Lola, like Lori, is very aggressive. She is shown to be as strong as Lana in Tale of Two Tables, where they are fighting over skipping rope. Other than that, she would most likely make herself as pretty as possible, which might be difficult with the lack of make up.

But the two most likely to win? Lucy and Lisa.
    Lisa studies everything. EVERYTHING. She would be smart enough to see almost anything coming. She knows the family members really well. She basically tutors them every once in a while (Making the Grade). She is by far the smartest member of the family and has multiple awards to prove it, as we see in Making the Case. She could probably coat some berries with poison berries or something. I could go on, but I think that Lucy would win the Hunger Games. It may sound like favouritism, but what is Lucy best known for? Showing up out of nowhere in almost every episode she's in. Meaning her stealth is her best weapon. Here's what she could do:
    1. Run from the Cornucopia at the start. Wait until the chaos has died down, and grab a knife. If there are no knives, follow someone who has one and wait until they die. Grab the knife when everyone is gone.
    2. Stealthily kill everyone. She might have difficulty with groups, so wait until they begin to fight.
    3. Profit.

The main problem here is if someone takes all the knives, but that would slow them down significantly. Lisa could come up with a way, and Lynn has good reflexes, but I think Lucy would be most likely to win, as her stealth is OP.
    ---
    Soon.
    #30 Posted: 18:53:12 06/03/2017
    the loud house but every time lucy is there it gets faster
    #31 Posted: 00:26:32 08/03/2017
    Sleuth or Consequences and Back in Black would last a minute or two at most.

Alright, so I just watched No Such Luck.
    Wow, that was just bad. My least favourite episode used to be One of the Boys (all the brothers are made out to be stereotypical fart joke loving jerks) but this was somehow worse.
    Pros:
    Sarcastic announcer
    ...Lana mentioning wrestling a 200 pound alligator?

Cons:
    Lynn believing that Lincoln is bad luck instead of acknowledging the other team's skill and that it's just a coincidence.
    Lisa believing in bad luck. (*cough cough* Raw Deal *cough cough*)
    LITERALLY EVERYONE IS OVERLY PARANOID IN THIS EPISODE LIKE SERIOUSLY!
    Lincoln can't sleep in his room because reasons.
    Lincoln can't set foot in the house because reasons.
    In the last round of the softball game, Lynn only succeeds at the very end because suspense. This somehow makes her win even though her team was terrible.
    Completely glossing over how Lincoln managed to get the mascot costume.
    "We sold all your furniture."
    Lincoln still has to wear the squirrel costume to get within a 20 meter radius of his sisters.
    ---
    Soon.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:02 14/03/2017 by emeraldzoroark
    #32 Posted: 19:36:01 14/03/2017
    i haven't even been keeping up lmao
    #33 Posted: 23:10:20 14/03/2017
    Sleuth or Consequences and Back in Black would last a minute or two at most.

Alright, so I just watched No Such Luck.
    Wow, that was just bad. My least favourite episode used to be One of the Boys (all the brothers are made out to be stereotypical fart joke loving jerks) but this was somehow worse.
    Pros:
    Sarcastic announcer
    ...Lana mentioning wrestling a 200 pound alligator?

Cons:
    Lynn believing that Lincoln is bad luck instead of acknowledging the other team's skill and that it's just a coincidence.
    Lisa believing in bad luck. (*cough cough* Raw Deal *cough cough*)
    LITERALLY EVERYONE IS OVERLY PARANOID IN THIS EPISODE LIKE SERIOUSLY!
    Lincoln can't sleep in his room because reasons.
    Lincoln can't set foot in the house because reasons.
    In the last round of the softball game, Lynn only succeeds at the very end because suspense. This somehow makes her win even though her team was terrible.
    Completely glossing over how Lincoln managed to get the mascot costume.
    "We sold all your furniture."
    Lincoln still has to wear the squirrel costume to get within a 20 meter radius of his sisters.

I kinda suspected this episode was going to be bad, and I wasn't wrong. The plot just didn't sounded that good. Any series, no matter how good it is, is bound to have some very flawed episodes, but I think No Such Luck overdid it a little, especially when
    even the parents started to be paranoid.
    . I have high hopes for the next one though. The summary sounds so much better than this one.
    ---
    #34 Posted: 00:39:26 17/03/2017
    Frog Wild and Patching Things Up made up for the bad taste of No Such Luck. Lana saves the day again, I guess.
    ---
    Soon.
    #35 Posted: 00:48:20 17/03/2017
    Frog Wild and Patching Things Up made up for the bad taste of No Such Luck. Lana saves the day again, I guess.

Lana is a great character, so any episode starting her is bound to be good. Remember Toads and Tiaras? Still one of my favorites. And yeah, No Such Luck was quite a lousy episode, so I'm glad that one went on first and left the best for last. Still haven't watched Cheater by the Dozen, but I hope it's good. I doubt it will be better than the last two though.
    ---
    #36 Posted: 00:57:31 17/03/2017
    Without spoiling anything... yeah, Cheater by the Dozen is about average to good.
    ---
    Soon.
    #37 Posted: 01:27:21 17/03/2017
    Without spoiling anything... yeah, Cheater by the Dozen is about average to good.

Yeah, I figured. It usually takes me just the summary to estimate if the episode will be good or not. So far, I have managed to guess how the episode will be more or less in terms of rating.
    ---
    #38 Posted: 22:29:54 17/03/2017
    And now we enter another hiatus for a while. Yay.

Who wants to rank the sisters from favourite to least favourite?
    1. Lucy (fun fact, her name means "light" in Latin)
    2. Lana (would be 3, but the two new episodes featuring her came out and they're awesome, so...)
    3. Luan (puns)
    4. Luna (she's cool, so, you know)
    5. Leni (acts way too dumb sometimes)
    6. Lisa (totally not inspired by the Simpsons)
    7. Lynn Jr. (never really stood out to me)
    8. Lily (not much personality, but she's adorable)
    9. Lori (pretty much always bossing everyone around)
    10. Lola (the incredibly spoilt one, look at her outburst when Lynn Sr. wouldn't read more of the story in Roughin' it.

I have a mini-theory: since Lori and Leni share a room, it's possible Leni loved her older sister so much, she wanted to be like her, so she has similar fashion sense, agrees with almost anything she says, etc.
    The same can be said to a lesser extent for Luna and Luan. Once Luna started enjoying music more, Luan thought it would be a good idea to become an entertainer, but in a different way.
    As for Lucy, she was like "nope" and did her own thing. Lana and Lola are twins, separated by only two minutes, so they don't copy eachother, and Lily is too young to see any potential interest in science.
    ---
    Soon.
    #39 Posted: 23:12:55 17/03/2017
    Great. I use to be so angry when a series I like went to hiatus, some that last for more than a year, but I have learned to accept them.

As for the sisters, well, that one is quite tough. Let's see;
    1. Lana (never afraid to be herself, and she LOVES animals)
    2. Lucy (love how she appears out of nowhere)
    3. Luna (creates quite fantastic music)
    4. Leni (can be annoyingly dumb, but has a great heart)
    5. Lola (quite bratty, but always does the correct thing when needed)
    6. Luan (makes great punch lines, but pranks can be increasingly cruel)
    7. Lisa (how her experiments backfire her, but she can be a little too troublesome)
    8. Lynn Jr. (not bad, but a little too rough)
    9. Lily (quite cute, but needs more appearances)
    10. Lori (too bossy, and even selfish, even if she does mean well at the end)

And as a side note, Leni would've been a little lower on the list, but ever since her appearance in Along Came a Sister, she really grew on me. And Lana was my favorite always, especially after Toads and Tiaras, so you can guess how happy I am that half of the new episodes focused on her smilie
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:49 17/03/2017 by Felines
    #40 Posted: 14:24:34 21/03/2017
    Actually, I think I'll move Lynn Jr to the bottom of the list. She just goes the extra mile to be a jerk to other characters, mostly Lincoln. In Loudest Yard, she constantly throws mud in his face. She pulls down his pants for no reason at the end of One of the Boys, she's the reason No Such Luck exists, etc.
    ---
    Soon.
    #41 Posted: 15:22:29 21/03/2017
    Well, that's probably right. She was still a jerk even when Lincoln helped her in Space Invaders. As for No Such Luck, yeah, she's responsible for that plot, but don't forget Lincoln was at a fault too. Sure, he probably didn't imagine things would go so far, but still, he should've had known better that crazy family of his.
    ---
    #42 Posted: 15:51:03 29/03/2017
    Relevant
    Quote:
    A new untitled Nick-Paramount property will debut on March 22, 2019, along with the SpongeBob sequel on August 2 (the studio’s third SpongeBob SquarePants feature). In addition, Paramount is making a movie based on the popular Nick series The Loud House for February 7, 2020, as well as another untitled Nick feature toon for release on July 31, 2020.

Here is the link.
    ---
    Soon.
    TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
    #43 Posted: 15:57:59 29/03/2017
    I didn't even realize that Loud House was even that popular to begin with... Good for them, I guess
    #44 Posted: 16:21:11 29/03/2017
    Wow, a Loud House movie already? The series is soaring! But that no surprise. It is a very good cartoon after all. My cousin and mom absolutely adore it.
    ---
    #45 Posted: 08:10:05 09/04/2017
    Ok, new episodes for the next few days. I'm reading these from the Wikipedia page here and posting my opinions here by the summary alone.
    Kick the Bucket List
    Kind of reminds me of The whole picture, with Lincoln and Clyde who will be running everywhere.
    Party Down
    This can't go horribly at all.
    Fed Up
    ...I'm not really sure.
    Shell Shock
    More Ronnie-Anne, so this is fine.
    Pulp Friction
    I don't really know how this will go.

Oh, and other episodes that will come sometime soon probably...
    Pet Peeved
    If this ends up being a Lana episode, it will automatically be good. If not, it's still great to see more of the pets.
    Potty Mouth
    ...Misunderstandings everywhere.
    L is for Love
    "Sorry, it has my initials on it."
    "But LL are also my initials."
    ---
    Soon.
    #46 Posted: 09:23:56 11/04/2017
    Just saw Kick the Bucket List. Pretty good episode in my opinion but...
    ...there's literally no reason for the bird to be there in the end.
    ---
    Soon.
    #47 Posted: 13:30:16 11/04/2017
    I think that cockatoo symbolizes Lincoln's punishment for wasting the day on a silly list. Or maybe the bird simply wanted to settle a score with him for running away from a fight and somehow discovered where he lived. Another possibility is that Lana adopted it since nobody wanted the aggressive cockatoo around.

That's pretty much what I think may happened, though yeah, it was still a little strange.
    ---
    #48 Posted: 17:55:24 11/04/2017
    Relevant
    Quote:
    A new untitled Nick-Paramount property will debut on March 22, 2019, along with the SpongeBob sequel on August 2 (the studio’s third SpongeBob SquarePants feature). In addition, Paramount is making a movie based on the popular Nick series The Loud House for February 7, 2020, as well as another untitled Nick feature toon for release on July 31, 2020.

Here is the link.

well then
    #49 Posted: 08:57:24 13/04/2017
    Ok, so Party Down and Fed Up were...
    pretty OK, I guess. Party Down had most of the problem resolved by the 8 minute mark, and Fed Up was just OK. Nothing special.
    ---
    Soon.
    #50 Posted: 13:20:25 13/04/2017
    Yeah, I agree. These episodes had been decent at least, nothing more. I have high hopes for today's episode though. I just wished it didn't have a plot so similar to many other cartoons.
    ---
    Page 1 of 2 | Last
    1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me