Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Trading Card Games
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 23:24:06 23/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Discuss trading card games here. Do you collect trading cards? Do you play with them?

Last summer I got into Pokemon card collection as Go put me back in the spirit again. I had an old binder I stuffed with 80+ binder card sleeves, numbered them, and put cards of pokemon in their proper areas by their number. I call this binder my TC-Dex, because let's face it, I gotta catch 'em all. I ordered a LOT of pokemon cards and hopefully they arrive before Christmas as I want to do a Christmas unboxing of my gaming goods on Twitch.

Another note includes putting in my pokemon card in the binder of the highest priority in my collection. For example, the latest card of that pokemon is overridden with an older version. Another example of overrides: Normal < Foil < Reverse Foil < Mega < EX/Mega EX. I don't know if there are other card types, as I don't have much cards in my collection. The majority of my cards come from Fates Collide and Steam Siege, by the way. Two common series you could find last summer.

I also did a pull of three Dollar Store 4-packs that were apparently "Purchased and repackaged" by its manufacturer. It seems they took the cards from the current series and mixed them into small packs. I got some new recruits to my binder, but I wouldn't really buy them again, is I have the feeling I could get fakes, or perhaps I have at least one fake? I can't tell which are fake or not.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 00:09:18 24/11/2016
I have 5 huge binders absolutely filled with pokemon cards with ~150 pages pre binder, and each page holds 18 cards total. I used to play competitively in tournaments (I was bad at it, like most things) but when I won a tournament, they didn't uphold the rules and completely ignored them, so I didn't get anything. I gave up after that because it's pointless to try if I get nothing when I do actually win. And now they have no more tournaments in my town anyway, because why even bother giving people a chance to go to the world championships?
---
Dead
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#3 Posted: 17:33:35 04/12/2016
Yugioh, mate. If you guys wanna see my decks, I'll post it.
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#4 Posted: 17:48:25 04/12/2016
I got a good few pokemon TCG cards in a box. Old and new. Haven't touched it in a gooood while
I forgot to mention but i have a good bunch of MTG cards and a few decks. Made for normal games and not fit to any tournament or such.
But my current decks are:
Angry 3-mana-to-win vampire deck.
Mono black deck of Swamps
---
Ligi
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:12:57 05/12/2016 by SoulFly
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#5 Posted: 17:56:25 04/12/2016
Collect and would like to play but just don't. Don't have many people to play with and as a result ended up not really gitting gud.

Anywho.... I have a MTG deck, though this is more a justification for a Jace based collection. I have most of his cards. Have a large number of yu-gi-oh cards. I mostly work using Elemental Heroes. I've also been trying to make a Ghost-based Pokemon deck and am still a few cards short of where I'd like to be for that.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#6 Posted: 00:09:32 05/12/2016
Quote: Seiki
Collect and would like to play but just don't. Don't have many people to play with and as a result ended up not really gitting gud.

Anywho.... I have a MTG deck, though this is more a justification for a Jace based collection. I have most of his cards. Have a large number of yu-gi-oh cards. I mostly work using Elemental Heroes. I've also been trying to make a Ghost-based Pokemon deck and am still a few cards short of where I'd like to be for that.

I have the naked hatred of ten thousand suns at those words
My hatred of anything Island-based will not be stopped
---
Ligi
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#7 Posted: 03:02:42 08/12/2016
I like to consider myself an avid magic player. As well as the last remaining Chaotic player.

In terms of actual decks my fav thing right now is my mono-red baby, named "nuclear apocalypse". It fairly consistently deals 52 damage to my opponent on turn 5. Fun times. But I'm more into EDH/Commander then the 60 formats. Animar, Brago, Hythonia, 50% of a friend's 5 color deck that runs almost every planeswalker.

I could talk about chaotic all day, but I assume nobody will care.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#8 Posted: 03:40:57 08/12/2016
Quote: SoulFly
Quote: Seiki

I have the naked hatred of ten thousand suns at those words
My hatred of anything Island-based will not be stopped

If it makes you feel any better, I pretty much don't play and only have a handful of times. I legit just saw the Jace Pop, thought it was cute, and wanted all of his cards as a result. I'm only missing 1 card and 3 card art variants. (Not counting those really rare black holo things that I will never get)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
skulldragon95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1634
#9 Posted: 23:35:56 13/01/2017
im into pokemon and mtg and im thinking about getting back into bakugan
---
Fired up for victory
AlexBobSpoons Red Sparx Gems: 88
#10 Posted: 12:21:21 17/05/2018
Card Games I currently have a big collection of:

Lord of the Rings The Card Game
Arkham Horror The Card Game
Marvel Legendary
Word of Warcraft
Warhammer Invasion
Warhammer 40K Conquest
Call of Cthulhu The Card Game
Star Wars The Card Game

Happy to chat about any of those games as well as others smilie
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#11 Posted: 18:01:29 06/06/2018
I got back into Pokemon card collecting earlier this year and I've started working on a TC-Dex too. Those cards are kept in 3 folders, each of which can hold up to 360 cards. I keep any extra cards sorted by sets in collector tins. I also like to collect the coins and pin badges that you get in blister packs or collector boxes.
DrPepper Red Sparx Gems: 61
#12 Posted: 20:19:06 29/06/2018
I used to have many Pokemon cards when I was 12 but my brother threw them into the Tisza River
---
I want some DrPepper
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#13 Posted: 05:20:46 30/06/2018
tfw youre the only person in the united states who plays fire emblem cipher
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11288
#14 Posted: 04:51:25 10/07/2018
I got new pokemon sun cards in boxs
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 05:35:59 12/07/2018
i bought an alolan raichu gx box last month and got a mega charizard y ex in it, holy ****

other cards of value include secret rare eneporter, full art pheromosa gx, secret rare bodybuilding dumbbells, rainbow rare glaceon gx, and a bunch of other GXs
#16 Posted: 00:11:29 22/07/2018
Alolan Raichu?
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#17 Posted: 05:11:15 22/07/2018
I jumped on the Match Attax bandwagon waaaaayyyyy back in 2007-2009. I miss them tbh
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#18 Posted: 03:17:33 19/08/2018
That cards?
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#19 Posted: 21:57:10 21/08/2018
i collect pokemon cards. i play yu gi oh with my boyfriend though

...i never win. :c
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me