Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Edits on topics
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3732
#1 Posted: 03:37:51 06/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I don't think they should show up as new posts, because someone has been editing posts hundreds of pages back, just to be disruptive so the yellow dragon would appear next to a section, making it look like there's a new post in that section. This time it was wreckingball13, editing a post on page 189 of S&N, and I'm not sure who it was last time, although it could have very well been him.

I think edits shouldn't count as a new post (and I know you've fixed that so there's an option dark, but it only works if there's also been a new post in that topic), or at least not count on the topic listing. There's a couple of ways I could see that you could fix this dark, but I'm not sure how easy any of these are to code:

1: An option for edits do not count as a new posts at all, or at least not show up as a new post next to that section.

2: You can click on the latest post next to that section, and if it's an edit it will take you straight to it, based on when the post was edited.

3: If a topic was only edited with no new posts, a different colored dragon (say, a green dragon) shows up next to the topic in place of the yellow one that's currently there.
---
Dead
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#2 Posted: 04:40:57 06/11/2016
I think we should be able to mark all posts of one section as read.
We have a mark all posts as read button, but it does it for all sections at once.

Or, what if you could click the dragon on the side of a section to get a topic listing that only had unread or new posts?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:50:18 06/11/2016 by Drawdler
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#3 Posted: 14:21:40 06/11/2016
Uh, OP, that issue's already been dealt with.

[User Posted Image]

Just toggle the "Jump to New Priority" option to the one I'm showing here and you'll stop going to edited posts when there are new ones. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7286
#4 Posted: 14:51:13 06/11/2016
I think it still shows the yellow dragon even if you don't get thrown a few pages back? Can't recall.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:52:14 06/11/2016 by Bifrost
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3732
#5 Posted: 15:27:36 06/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Uh, OP, that issue's already been dealt with.

[User Posted Image]

Just toggle the "Jump to New Priority" option to the one I'm showing here and you'll stop going to edited posts when there are new ones. >.>



I have that on, but if there's only an edit in the topic, it will still take you right there, and show up as a new post.


EDIT: I had just checked I had it on, when this happened again. This time it was this post, by Shagaru Magala. Just click the name link if it's still showing up as a new unread post for anyone.

Quote: Shagaru Magala
I'm getting moon


[User Posted Image]

As you can see, it was on page 78 of the topic listing. I know everyone who does it is probably just trolling, and it probably doesn't help I keep calling them out, but by bringing this to dark's attention, hopefully something can be done about it so it can't happen in the first place.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:52:15 06/11/2016 by mega spyro
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#6 Posted: 17:57:12 06/11/2016
Pretty sure the forum's coding won't allow for that. An edit is an alteration to a post, technically making it "new."

What you're probably asking for is for Stuff & Nonsense topics to automatically close after a shorter amount of time. As it stands, S&N topics close faster than every other board on the forum. Although how one on the 68th page is still open is beyond me (unless you have less than 50 topics visible per page). I do agree that these topics need to closer faster, because they are never bumped for worthwhile reasons, and always bumped for the sake of spam/trolling/annoying other members. And as 95% of the topics there are unimportant (with the other 5% being Sticky'd and, thus, unable to close), there's no reason they need to stay open for any longer than, say, 1 week after the last post. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3732
#7 Posted: 18:58:49 06/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Pretty sure the forum's coding won't allow for that. An edit is an alteration to a post, technically making it "new."

What you're probably asking for is for Stuff & Nonsense topics to automatically close after a shorter amount of time. As it stands, S&N topics close faster than every other board on the forum. Although how one on the 68th page is still open is beyond me (unless you have less than 50 topics visible per page). I do agree that these topics need to closer faster, because they are never bumped for worthwhile reasons, and always bumped for the sake of spam/trolling/annoying other members. And as 95% of the topics there are unimportant (with the other 5% being Sticky'd and, thus, unable to close), there's no reason they need to stay open for any longer than, say, 1 week after the last post. <.<



They're still open up to page 194 (it was this morning anyway, might have changed by now), and I have 50 topics per page.
---
Dead
Bolt Hunter Gems: 5938
#8 Posted: 22:01:15 06/11/2016
Yeah, this has been brought up many times now. :I
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#9 Posted: 04:22:35 07/11/2016
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: HIR
Pretty sure the forum's coding won't allow for that. An edit is an alteration to a post, technically making it "new."

What you're probably asking for is for Stuff & Nonsense topics to automatically close after a shorter amount of time. As it stands, S&N topics close faster than every other board on the forum. Although how one on the 68th page is still open is beyond me (unless you have less than 50 topics visible per page). I do agree that these topics need to closer faster, because they are never bumped for worthwhile reasons, and always bumped for the sake of spam/trolling/annoying other members. And as 95% of the topics there are unimportant (with the other 5% being Sticky'd and, thus, unable to close), there's no reason they need to stay open for any longer than, say, 1 week after the last post. <.<



They're still open up to page 194 (it was this morning anyway, might have changed by now), and I have 50 topics per page.


Yeah, so then I guess I sympathize?

Not that you're reading this dark, but you really could shorten the time S&N topics remain open and nothing bad would happen. Currently, everyone just makes their own topics when they want to post something anyway. So what's the harm in making it, like, automatic closure after a week or two? >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me