Page 1 of 1
*Spoilers* Malefor; the Dark Master [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 02:19:12 29/01/2009 | Topic Creator
The main antagonist in the LoS trilogy. He is described as completely evil, since he has no other emotions such as love or sympathy. In ANB, he corrupted Cynder, quickly transforming her from a hatchling to an adult, forcing her to do Malefor's bidding until she freed him from Convexity. In TEN, when the Lunar Alignment activated, he possessed Spyro and the Well of Souls collapses, causing Malefor to be freed in the process.

In DotD, he summoned the Golems of the Deep, including the Destroyer, to annihilate the world and his army of dark creatures to do his bidding, before finally being confronted by Spyro and Cynder. Although he states that he is eternal, Malefor was ultimately sealed away in the core of the world forever by the Ancestors. And to think, he was once a young purple dragon like Spyro, then chose to be evil after he discovered his powers had no limit and consumed everything.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#2 Posted: 03:04:48 29/01/2009
Malefor...he looked much cooler in TEN's wee cut scenes than in Dotd, IMO. More evil and demonic looking, something that might make people a bit scared.
To me, he wasn't any different than most villains and his lines weren't really amazing either. It would be better if he had all the power to destroy the world than The Destroyer or his little underlings to show that he's powerful and "eternal"- that he his powerful enough to do his on work without worries.

I got a question though. In the end, did Spyro ever left that evil Dark Spyro part of him behind? Or will he forever have that evil within him?
Nice info btw.
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:05:05 29/01/2009 by Glass Gryphon
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#3 Posted: 03:44:37 29/01/2009
It showed the DM in TEN? When?
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 03:49:58 29/01/2009 | Topic Creator
When the Chronicler was showing Spyro about the Dark Master's past, and the statue in the Dragon Temple in ANB and TEN.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#5 Posted: 04:03:43 29/01/2009
Oh, those. I thought you meant cutscenes where he talked, ect.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Observer Ripto Gems: 2225
#6 Posted: 09:52:04 29/01/2009
Quote: Glass Gryphon
Malefor...he looked much cooler in TEN's wee cut scenes than in Dotd, IMO. More evil and demonic looking, something that might make people a bit scared.
To me, he wasn't any different than most villains and his lines weren't really amazing either. It would be better if he had all the power to destroy the world than The Destroyer or his little underlings to show that he's powerful and "eternal"- that he his powerful enough to do his on work without worries.

I got a question though. In the end, did Spyro ever left that evil Dark Spyro part of him behind? Or will he forever have that evil within him?
Nice info btw.

I completely agree with you, they should have made the story more cohesive instead of leaving so many loose ends.
fantasy luver Yellow Sparx Gems: 1286
#7 Posted: 18:59:39 29/01/2009
I know, reallysmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#8 Posted: 15:51:58 30/01/2009
Malefor...

...incredibly anticlimactic actually. What a let down. e_e
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#9 Posted: 16:38:21 30/01/2009
Quote: Glass Gryphon
Everyone needs a dark side. It's possible Spyro still has that evil within him.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me