Page 1 of 1
No Olympic Variant?
Pokypro Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#1 Posted: 10:25:47 08/08/2016 | Topic Creator
So as many of you know, for the 2014 World Cup we got the Kickoff Countdown variant in SF. So I'm quite surprised that there is no Olympic variant for this year. I highly doubt we will get one (especially after the olympics has started- that is just poor marketing), but for speculation purposes, what character from Superchargers, would have gotten an olympic variant?
---
Skylanders Youtuber (https://www.youtube.com/user/Pokypro)
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 13:37:00 08/08/2016
Maybe they are making an Olympic variant in imaginators that will be released wave one
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#3 Posted: 15:23:18 08/08/2016
From SuperChargers? I think there were only two that didn't get a variant, Gill Grunt and Eruptor, and I doubt they would do redo another as a variant.

I'd go with Gill Grunt as the Olympics has lots of water themed events. Eruptor could have flames shooting out of him and his holding a torch, so either could have happened. Perhaps both to complete the variant set?
---
Stay Cool!
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#4 Posted: 18:42:44 08/08/2016
Quote: fairyland
From SuperChargers? I think there were only two that didn't get a variant, Gill Grunt and Eruptor, and I doubt they would do redo another as a variant.

I'd go with Gill Grunt as the Olympics has lots of water themed events. Eruptor could have flames shooting out of him and his holding a torch, so either could have happened. Perhaps both to complete the variant set?

Actually, neither Nightfall, Stormblade, Shark Shooter Terrafin, Lava Lance Eruptor, Deep Dive Gill Grunt, nor High Volt got a variant.
And no Snow Brite Stormblade doesn't count, since it isn't in game.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#5 Posted: 01:22:29 09/08/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
Quote: fairyland

Actually, neither Nightfall, Stormblade, Shark Shooter Terrafin, Lava Lance Eruptor, Deep Dive Gill Grunt, nor High Volt got a variant.
And no Snow Brite Stormblade doesn't count, since it isn't in game.

I'm pretty sure OP had meant the question in a very loose sense. Under the term "variants" you have a few subcategories like "chase" and "in-game." People usually consider the entire thing rather than just the in-game ones.

Some hobbies has a "unintentional" variants (or error pressings) as a proper subcategory as well. I consider Nightfall's broken "Nightfail" release to be a proper variant even though most wouldn't. Really anal collectors only care for such things, like owning all of Giant's Chill lipstick color variants.

Seems I got Eruptor and Terrafin mixed up with being patina as well! I don't think Terrafin would make for a very good Olympic variant (no missile shooting sports), so I'd go with Gill Grunt tossing a javelin instead of his trident.

Know what would be awesome? If they done a few special Olympic Imaginators before the game was even released. Do it much like that special convention Hot Streak vehicle last year. Summer is far too late to do anything with the prior series, it's time to look ahead, right? Promote that new game.
---
Stay Cool!
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#6 Posted: 03:27:39 09/08/2016
^This.

Just because they're not in game variants doesn't mean they're not...variants.

The Patinas are variants, because they vary in color from their original counterparts.

So taking into consideration all variants (and not just limiting to in game variants), only SSC Gill Grunt, Terrafin and Nightfall didnt have variants. Even the amiibo-landers got variants.

Even the vehicles had a lot of variants, the only ones that didn't were Buzz Wing, Crypt Crusher, Jet Stream, Reef Ripper, Shark Tank, Sky Slicer and Thump Truck. And Burn-Cycle too, depending on where you stand with the validity of the Patina version.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#7 Posted: 21:37:42 10/08/2016
Totally Olympic StormBlade
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me