Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Crash Bandicoot: Island Runner
Page 1 of 1
Crash Bandicoot: Island Runner
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 01:53:57 29/07/2016 | Topic Creator
I posted this idea a little while ago on Crash10's Video Game topic, and I thought I ought to share it here...

So here's Crash Bandicoot: Island Runner a Crash Bandicoot game for smartphones, which is basically a mix of Minion Run and Sonic Dash. In this game, Crash will run across levels based off of iconic Crash areas, like Cortex Castle, Wumpa Island and the Academy Of Evil. There are a few worlds, and with each world, there are a few levels that Crash must clear to proceed to the next one. With each level, Crash must accomplish a certain task while running, like slide into 30 crates or collect 50 Wumpa Fruits. At the end of each level, there will be a boss fight. Dingodile, Tiny Tiger, Uka Uka, Papu Papu, N. Tropy, N. Gin and Cortex are examples. In boss battles, they with chase after Crash, performing attacks Crash must dodge. For example, Dingodile will try and blast Crash with bursts of fire, Cortex will try and zap him with his ray gun from his rocket board, N. Gin will try and blow him up with missiles while in a mech suit and N. Tropy will send out shockwaves Crash must leap over. To win the boss level, Crash must run far enough to escape the villains. For each level, there are three lanes Crash can switch between while running, and there are things that Crash can interact with. He can smash crates for extra points, collect Wumpa Fruits to use as currency to buy upgrades and items, and he can attack enemies by spinning. Some special creates will do special things when he busts them open. The TNT and Nitro crates will hurt him, the Crash crates will give him an extra life, and the Uka Uka crate will temporarily give him a shield to protect him from anything. Using Wumpa Fruits, you can buy and play as more characters, who are Coco, Crunch and Fake Crash. While Crash is running, sliding up on the screen will make him jump so he can jump over traps, sliding down will make him slide across the floor so he can go under blockages too big to jump over, sliding to the left or right will change what lane Crash is running in, and tapping the screen will cause Crash to do a spin attack, which is how he attacks enemies. He can break crates by simply running or sliding into them, or by smashing them with a spin attack. The plot for this story is basically that Cortex has gathered up all the villains from Crash's past, and now intends to destroy Crash by having them all attack him as goes on his adventure to collect Wumpa Fruits. Crash will never stop running no matter what, so to avoid danger, you'll have to make him jump, switch lanes, and slide under things. When he hits something or something hits him, he'll lose, but you can revive him by watching an add or spending all your Wumpa Fruits you've collect during that level to save him. If you collected no Wumpa Fruits and he's lost, that option won't appear.

I'd quite like to change that name though. I wanted to use Crash Dash, because it rhymed and everything, but that would be straight up copying Sonic Dash. Any suggestions for a better name is appreciated.

So that's what I have so far. What do you guys think? Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:59:07 29/07/2016 by Chompy-King257
WarDoctor42 Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#2 Posted: 04:51:15 29/07/2016
Neat.I would download that
#3 Posted: 14:11:18 29/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: WarDoctor42
Neat.I would download that

thank you!
---
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#4 Posted: 20:13:48 29/07/2016
Right on billy-o, but a question. First, Academy of Evil as in Twinsanity, or Mind over Mutant? (personal preference is Twinsanity 'cause the game is extremely charming to me)
Second, would the game be level based in the spirit of the original (The areas become progressively harder and more industrialised) or a mish-mash as in Crash 2?
Third gimmicy boss battles i find more fitting as the originals did it alot. Could you for N.Gin hop into a suit of your own and change the gameplay up a tad?

Sidenote, need some fact cheking? You can ask me, i happen to be a expert on the games.
Sidenotesidenote, work on yer dreams
---
Ligi
#5 Posted: 20:37:04 29/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: SoulFly
Right on billy-o, but a question. First, Academy of Evil as in Twinsanity, or Mind over Mutant? (personal preference is Twinsanity 'cause the game is extremely charming to me)
Second, would the game be level based in the spirit of the original (The areas become progressively harder and more industrialised) or a mish-mash as in Crash 2?
Third gimmicy boss battles i find more fitting as the originals did it alot. Could you for N.Gin hop into a suit of your own and change the gameplay up a tad?

Sidenote, need some fact cheking? You can ask me, i happen to be a expert on the games.
Sidenotesidenote, work on yer dreams

Thank you so much for liking it! It means a lot to me!
1. The Academy Of Evil here is almost like a mix of the two. It has the general appearance of the Twinsanity version, but it's very large like the Mind Over Mutant one.
2. The levels would get more difficult, but they don't become industrial as you carry on. The order is this:
1. Wumpa Island (Running across the island and along the shore.)
2. Warp Room (Running through portals that take you to different time periods as you run.)
3. Academy Of Evil (Running through a giant school - through libraries, classrooms, locker rooms, hallways and cafeterias.)
4. The 10th Dimension (From Twinsanity. Dodge lava flows and crumbling rocks as you run.)
5. Cortex's Lab (You start running across the iceberg his lab is hidden, and then you work your way into his lab.)
3. That seems like a good idea. I'm still thinking about how bossfights should play out, so I'll take this into consideration.)

Thanks for your help!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me