Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Epic Spyro
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 03:43:59 18/07/2016 | Topic Creator
So this is a fan game that I tough more as a joke, but I want to share that.

• Name: Epic Spyro
  • Developer: Vicarious Visions
  • Publisher: Activision
  • Release Date: February 30th, 2017
  • Consoles: PlayStation 4, XBox One, Nintendo NX

Plot

"Some time ago, in a distant land, a small purple dragon called Spyro the Dragon was exploring his land, until he found a very peculiar place: the Activision's HQ. He decided to enter and see what's inside. He saw a group of producers of a developer called Toys for Bob creating a world made for the forgotten video game characters. A world created so they can have a happy live. A world called Skylands.

When the producers where tired and decided to go to their homes, Spyro decided to play with the codes of this new place, but he accidentally created a monster know as The Darkness. Spyro tried to stop The Darkness, but he couldn't. Seeing that he couldn't stop The Darkness, and the producers where coming back to that room, Spyro decided to escape, leaving The Darkness enter in Skylands.

Years have passed, Spyro gained fame by his games, but, with time, his fame was fading away. One day, The Darkness came back to get Spyro, pushing him inside Skylands. When Spyro arrived, he discovered that The Darkness destroyed Skylands, turning it into the Darklands. Now Spyro, with the help of Sparx and forgotten video game characters, needs to find his way home, destroy The Darkness, and save Skylands, before he's stuck there and become forgotten too."

Characters

• Spyro: The main character (and the only playable one) of the game. He needs to find his way home while battling against The Darkness.
  • Sparx: Spyro's old friend. He follows Spyro when he's captured by The Darkness. He helps Spyro know about his moves and tries to help him during his adventures in Skylands, even if he doesn't know much of the place.
  • The Darkness: The main antagonist. He plans to fully destroy Skylands while he finds a way to get to Spyro's world, and Spyro is a crucial item for his objective.
  • Crash Bandicoot: Crash is one of the main residents of Skylands, and for some reason he thinks that he was forgotten thanks to Spyro. Spyro needs to know why. Crash helps Spyro guiding him about the things in Skylands. He is followed by Aku Aku, who helps in his communication.
  • Coco Bandicoot: Crash's sister. She was turned into a statue by The Darkness and Crash needs to find a way to save her.
  • Skylanders: A group of heroes, residents of Skylands. They're a important part of the game's plot. Since The Darkness totally dominated Skylands, the Skylanders decided to give up on saving Skylands and to live his lives normally. But some of then still try to battle against The Darkness.
  • Cynder: A particularly important member of the Skylanders in this game's plot. She constantly tries to make Spyro remember of her, without success.
  • Dr. Willie: A video game forgotten character that now works for The Darkness, helping him in his plan to exit from Skylands.
  • Kaos: The old antagonist from the Skylanders. Since he failed multiple times to defeat the Skylanders, The Darkness decided to search for another villain to help him. Now Kaos is quite depressed because of that, and he doesn't have much purpose in life. A important part of the game involves Spyro helping Kaos find a new purpose in life.
  • The Doom Raiders: A group of villains in Skylands. Since The Darkness has control over Skylands, these villains are free to wreck havoc together with all the other villains that are loyal to the group. One important part of the game involves capturing the Doom Raiders and other villains using Traptanium Crystals.
  • Persephone: A fairy of Skylands. She trades items and money for special upgrades for Spyro.
  • Dragonflies: A common species in Skylands. Like Sparx, they're very useful and will help you in the game if you save then. Many of then are caged trough the stages. Saving all of then gives some surprises at the end of the game.
  • Other Forgotten Video Game Characters: Characters like Mega Man, Banjo and Kazooie, Alex Kidd and others help you in the game, sometimes as a secondary role, sometimes a important one.

Gameplay

The basics of the gameplay are similar to Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. You explore a free-roaming stage as Spyro, collecting items, defeating enemies and solving puzzles. Spyro has Sparx as his health, which starts at the usual 4 Health Points, but can be upgraded up to 10 Health Points.

The game has a Quest system similar to Epic Mickey, that Spyro already had with Spyro: A Hero's Tail. The Quests can be obligatory, if they're part of the story, or optional. Some Quests can have a morality sense, where Spyro can choose between the heroic way or the villainous way of solving the problems. For example, when you help Kaos have a new purpose in life, you can choose between making him a good guy that helps others or making him become a villain again. All boss battles can be played on the good way (trying to stop briefly and befriend the boss) or the bad way (defeating the boss). Your chooses in the game change it's ending. Choosing different ways to solve Quests also give different collectibles, and can also have effects in the proper game.

To go between stages, you can enter on old televisions, where you play 2D small stages based on various old video games. Inside of those you can collect the game's cartridge/CD, which let's you play the stage again on a arcade run by the character Gex.

When you finish the game, you can play it again in the New Game+ Mode, which you start with all the collectibles and upgrades you had before.

The Visuals

The visuals will have it's unique style. Everything has a darker feel, but with the sensation that it was a happier place before. Some pieces of the stage are "decoded", so you can see the code of the stage, as a way to show the destruction made by The Darkness. In the majority of the time you can recover the decoded place somehow, like playing a quest or activating something. If you fall on a decoded area, you die by falling on a infinite hole.

The characters also have a unique style. Every character has the exact same appearance as in his first game. So some characters are 8-bit sprites, others 16-bit and others 32/64-bits (I try to not use characters that came after the 90's).
---
Bruh
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 07:16:49 23/07/2016 by Crash10
#2 Posted: 03:45:45 18/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Stages

• Kaos' Kastle: The first stage of the game. The Darkness lets you there and then you need to find a way to exit. You will come back to it at the end of the game.
  • Dragonfly Village: The place where the dragonflies and some dragons live in. It was a beautiful tropical jungle area until the Darkness disaster destroyed the place.
  • World Tours: In this stage you will find various different areas, each based on a different continent of the planet. This place was a well-know theme park run by the forgotten character Carmen Sandiego, until The Darkness put it into ruins.
  • Skylanders Academy: The main hub of the game. Here you meet many characters and can do many other things separated from the main story.
  • Dragon Village: A small village where you find dragons and some forgotten characters from the Spyro games.
  • Skylands Junkyard: A big junk mountain made of merchandise of forgotten characters and some merchandising from the Skylanders games. This place is Crash's home.
  • Space Station: The place where you need to go next. It's a big space station where you find characters of space shooter games. Spyro needs to find a Rift Engine to help him create a wormhole to get out of the Skylands.
  • Zebes: The home planet of the Metroids. here you meet Samus Aran, who will help you in your mission to find Mother Brain.
  • The Ruins: The ruins of the Eon's Citadel, that was destroyed by the Darkness and his Hydra. It was the old home of the Skylanders. Now the ones that are trying to fight The Darkness live there, trying to fix The Core of Light.
  • The Sky Eater Ruins: The place where you need to go next to find another Rift Engine. It's a old and malfunctioning version of The Sky Eater.
  • N. Sanity Island: Crash's home, now conquered by the Titans/Mutants. Spyro needs to get rid of then to find a new Rift Engine.
  • Iceberg Lab: Cortex's actual lab. Spyro and Crash needs the help of Cortex to know where the next Rift Engine is, but the entrance to the lab is frozen, so Spyro needs to climb the iceberg to enter to the lab.
  • The Uka Tree: A old giant tree. Aku Aku and Uka Uka used to live close to this place. Spyro needs to find his Rift Engine there.
  • Dark Forest: The typical place where many games start. A simple plains/forest stage, now turned into a spooky place that serves as a trash can for Dr. Willie. Here you meet Mega Man, who will help you.
  • Willie's Lair: A giant high-tech lair where Dr. Willie creates his robots. The entire place is run by a Rift Engine, that Spyro needs booth to stop Willie and to return home.
  • The Ruins (Second Visit): Spyro, Crash, Sparx and Aku Aku go there to activate the Rift Engines and create a wormhole with The Core of Light. But then The Darkness appears and battles with Spyro. In the end, they discover that his was not The Darkness, just a illusion by the real one. He captures Spyro's friends, but Spyro gives him his main code, which lets The Darkness exit from Skylands. Now they need to find The Darkness and take Spyro's main code back. Spyro also makes the confession that he created The Darkness.
  • Kaos' Castle (Second Visit): Now you're back to the first stage. But, since the wormhole started to fail and the Rift Engines caused big explosions around the castle, entire new areas are accessible. Thanks to The Darkness, the castle is much more destroyed than before.
  • Inside The Darkness: A very tricky stage full of enemies and traps. Here, you need to save Spyro's friends who where captured by The Darkness. After that you need to destroy various points of The Sky Eater (that The Darkness uses in his head) to have access to his main code. After that, The Sky Eater explodes, the Rift Engines end up inside The Darkness and explode too. This causes the destruction of The Darkness. Peace comes back to the Skylands and Spyro returns home.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:17:31 23/07/2016 by Crash10
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#3 Posted: 20:33:53 18/07/2016
OH MY GAWD

The allusions to Epic Mickey are genius.

Cancel my indie game, this is what I'm working on now.

Haha, I kid. In all seriousness, some thought was put into this, and I enjoy the sense of humor. Plus, my third project really......

My third project is similar. Emphasis on similar.
#4 Posted: 21:25:28 18/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Glad you liked. I always put a lot of tough even in my jokes.

Oh, soon I will develop stages, gameplay and more story.
---
Bruh
#5 Posted: 21:37:09 18/07/2016
Quote: Crash10
Glad you liked. I always put a lot of thought even in my jokes.

Oh, soon I will develop stages, gameplay and more story.

^ That's awesome! I surely can't wait for more content.
------

Artwork will be done. Although, the scanner is terrible. I'll edit them when I get I better scanner, but it's best to have a rough idea.

RETRO SPYRO

[User Posted Image]

He's not a heorin addict anymore, he's in the 1930's now. This is the Playable version of Spyro in the game. He's a retro version of Skylanders Spyro.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:24:41 20/07/2016 by Bryman04
#6 Posted: 22:44:00 18/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh, you actually made artwork. I'm thankful. Really.

Note: Suggestions are welcome.
---
Bruh
#7 Posted: 23:21:58 18/07/2016
Oh, you actually made artwork. I'm thankful. Really.

No Problem! I am currently doing even more. smilie smilie I hope you enjoy them.
#8 Posted: 16:00:47 20/07/2016
Crash Bandicoot

[User Posted Image]

Jealous of the popularity Spyro has in skylanders, Crash has become remorseful of how forgotten he has become. He mistreats and distrusts Spyro, but in the end they both become loyal friends, a bond of brothership. (Compare and contrast the parallels between this and the relationship of Oswald and Mickey.)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:25:34 20/07/2016 by Bryman04
#9 Posted: 16:05:50 20/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Pretty good. Now you made me remember of putting more things.
---
Bruh
#10 Posted: 19:02:00 20/07/2016
I have a suggestion you could add to Gameplay. There could be new breath abilities added on to Fire, Ice, and Lightning breath abilities: Paint and Thin breath abilities, which affect the gameworld, as well as decisions in boss battles.

Sparx

[User Posted Image]

A good friend of Spyro, who hasn't seen you in a while. He knows Dark Lands like the back of his hand, and shares secrets and shortcuts with spyro, as well as lectures. He teaches you all the ropes, and is like an old mentor.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:22 20/07/2016 by Bryman04
#11 Posted: 19:07:41 20/07/2016 | Topic Creator
I tough of putting Paint and thinner on the game, but, since the concept of painting cartoons is not here, and more of the code of the game, I decided to include this on the game. Plus I like to play with the morality system with the Spyro classic gameplay. Like, you can defeat a fire-related boss by using Water to make him disappear or use Ice to briefly cold him.
---
Bruh
#12 Posted: 19:15:11 20/07/2016
I thought of putting Paint and thinner on the game, but, since the concept of painting cartoons is not here, and more of the code of the game, I decided to include this instead in the game. Plus I like to play with the morality system with the Spyro classic gameplay. Like, you can defeat a fire-related boss by using Water to make him disappear or use Ice to briefly cold him.

You have a point.

-----------

I have more character conept art I'd like to share. I hope you enjoy!

Banjo

[User Posted Image]

Megaman

[User Posted Image]

Kaos

[User Posted Image]
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 17:13:55 23/07/2016 by Bryman04
#13 Posted: 21:52:36 20/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Good artworks again guy. I still didn't wrote everything about the game yet.
---
Bruh
#14 Posted: 18:21:30 21/07/2016
Crank the Weasel

[User Posted Image]

http://forums.playtonicgames.c...?f=5&t=4655#top

Crank the weasel is an important forgotten character. He trusts Spyro to save the Darklands and get his fame back. He is a sassy and sarcastic character with funny diolouge

Alex Kidd

[User Posted Image]

Alex Kidd is a happy go lucky individual, optimistic that he will get a second chance at being famous. He is perfectly willing to help Spyro out on his adventure.
It is interesting to note that he is black and white monotone, and animated in a Fleischer cartoon style with a camera lens pop through his body. Ya' know? retro folks!

Dr. Wily

[User Posted Image]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:18:09 23/07/2016 by Bryman04
#15 Posted: 07:19:40 23/07/2016 | Topic Creator
And I created the stages. Maybe there might be more in the future. I just need to get creative about it. I also listed more characters and talked about the visuals.

Soon I can give some insight on bosses.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:22:23 23/07/2016 by Crash10
#16 Posted: 17:29:41 23/07/2016
My Concept Art is for the New Game +. I drew each character in the style of the Epic Mickeyverse, which is a bonus feature. During the first playthrough however, the characters are their original counterparts from their first original title.

When you finish the game, you can play it again in the New Game+ Mode, which you start with all the collectibles and upgrades you had before.

The Visuals

The characters also have a unique style. Every character has the exact same appearance as in his first game. So some characters are 8-bit sprites, others 16-bit and others 32/64-bits (I try to not use characters that came after the 90's).

正確に

smilie
#17 Posted: 03:51:08 26/07/2016
Floppy Disks

[User Posted Image]

Floppy Disks are collectables found in the game, and can be used to expand part of the world by adding back the missing codes and corrupted data.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:52:05 26/07/2016 by Bryman04
#18 Posted: 04:59:00 26/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Good idea guy. I liked it.
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me