Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Adds
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#1 Posted: 21:51:11 09/07/2016 | Topic Creator
The adds popping up around the site are really messing with performance; my examples include making "quote" posts(selecting the quote option on posts; the page that it opens), and PMs between users. In my experience with these particular pages, my laptop will freeze multiple times in seconds, non-stop. Now I know my laptop can handle a lot of traffic(it plays Overwatch seamlessly, with Pandora playing in the background), but with these pages, I can barely type one word before it prioritizes the adds, making a one minute post or PM take up to an hour if I were to sit through it all.

I was just wondering if there were any options available to either rid the site of the adds all together or to make them not cycle continuously, making it a pain to make something as simple as a PM
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 22:01:23 09/07/2016
AdBlock?
---
Dead
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#3 Posted: 06:22:52 10/07/2016 | Topic Creator
I use Microsoft Edge, and I wouldn't say I'm very tech savy. I was sure that sites have different available settings for how adds show, if any at all. Is that not an option?
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 12:52:23 10/07/2016
It's not all in Dark's control, it's a thing in most Curse Forums. There are addons that allow you to see which ads and trackers are in the site, maybe that helps in finding out which ones are keeping you from posting properly?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me