Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Underrated Skylanders In Game.
Page 1 of 1
Underrated Skylanders In Game.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1 Posted: 14:20:39 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
I was just on Gamefaqs a little bit ago, and I saw people talking some serious flack about Zap. People even go as far as to say he's the WORST Skylander in SA. Frankly, I think they just don't know how to play as him. While it's true his attacks are weak, he has the ability to COMBINE his attacks fairly well. All three of his attacks can be used to deal damage at around the same time. You'll find he can deal damage a lot faster than you'd think, especially with how quickly he can shoot lightning. Plus, his slime trail is stupidly useful, being able to slow enemies down to a crawl. When going up against Kaos, I actually managed to beat him effortlessly with Zap.

So what's wrong with him? I think he's really good? Is it just me? Did the people at Gamefaqs really not know how to use him properly?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:21:26 05/07/2016 by MugoUrth
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 14:22:29 05/07/2016
His post Giants voice turns everyone away, I'll guess. Definately made me get other Water guys instead of him.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:22:53 05/07/2016 by Bifrost
#3 Posted: 14:24:35 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
His post Giants voice turns everyone away, I'll guess. Definately made me get other Water guys instead of him.

I think his voice is kind of cute. ...Still, I had to look up his catchphrase because I couldn't understand what he was saying. "Rrrrrrrrrd ththththththth lghghghgtnnnnnnn!"
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#4 Posted: 14:37:17 05/07/2016
He's not my favourite Skylander, but I do like his voice and moveset. Anyone else thinks he sounds like Mickey Mouse gargling water? Not in a bad way of course.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 15:10:43 05/07/2016
Zap's voice is absymal, IMHO. It hurts to listen to.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#6 Posted: 15:31:52 05/07/2016
I think his voice is funny and cute. And his slime trail + lightning is excellent for arena crowd control.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#7 Posted: 17:06:48 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nightmoon
I think his voice is funny and cute. And his slime trail + lightning is excellent for arena crowd control.

I know. Sure, he doesn't have good AOE, but he barely needs it. His Slime Trail can keep enemies off of him, plus it slows down the big guys, too.

Just for the record, they were bashing Zap's gameplay, not his voice.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#8 Posted: 17:54:13 05/07/2016
Zap was like the first Skylander I played as back in 2011, he was my favorite character back then, and he's definitely not the worst ssa lander, in fact if i remember correctly he still held up very well in the newer games.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#9 Posted: 17:56:37 05/07/2016
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Zap was like the first Skylander I played as back in 2011, he was my favorite character back then, and he's definitely not the worst ssa lander, in fact if i remember correctly he still held up very well in the newer games.

Same - I think I got him along with SSA's starter pack. He definitely isn't the worst Skylander in newer games, though - Stump Smash is practically unplayable IMHO, due to his boring attacks and slow pace.

Literally, I have bad memories of playing as smilie in every Heroic challenge possible, in the hope that he might get a little faster.
#10 Posted: 13:34:55 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: yelvy

Same - I think I got him along with SSA's starter pack. He definitely isn't the worst Skylander in newer games, though - Stump Smash is practically unplayable IMHO, due to his boring attacks and slow pace.

Literally, I have bad memories of playing as smilie in every Heroic challenge possible, in the hope that he might get a little faster.

I disagree. He's big and slow, but he hits like a truck, and has some creative range to play with. I think characters with poor range aren't that great. Characters like Bash, who have slow range set-up, or characters like Terrafin, who have very very weak range, or even characters like Stealth Elf and Sunburn, who are almost pure melee with no real range options, can be some of the hardest to use.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#11 Posted: 16:31:14 06/07/2016
Zap is a good character for me, while not my favorite. I just selected the wrong Path for him. And his voice is funny for me.

One character that I recently really liked that many people don't like is Eruptor. His attacks, used together, are really good in combat. I still haven't fully upgraded him (I bought all upgrades and reached Level 10, but there's still Heroic Challenges), but for now he's a very good guy for me.
---
Bruh
#12 Posted: 20:03:25 06/07/2016
Quote: Crash10
Zap is a good character for me, while not my favorite. I just selected the wrong Path for him. And his voice is funny for me.

One character that I recently really liked that many people don't like is Eruptor. His attacks, used together, are really good in combat. I still haven't fully upgraded him (I bought all upgrades and reached Level 10, but there's still Heroic Challenges), but for now he's a very good guy for me.

yeah in like the first two games, lol he's useless in the rest of the games.
#13 Posted: 14:36:29 07/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Can someone tell me why Stealth Elf is supposed to be good? I mean, yeah, she's fast, capable of dodging and has one of the better Soul Gem abilities, but she's the absolute worst in a lot of catigories. She has really low power, can't really combine her attacks well unless she has the Scarecrow path, has some of the worst range capabilities and some of the lowest HP too. As usually, I don't see how mere speed makes a character so good.
#14 Posted: 18:17:11 07/07/2016
For me Stealth Elf is pretty good. Like, I don't even need to do much to finish a level with her. Not just because she's fast, but her combos are pretty strong, and I simply walk and press the attack buttons to defeat the enemies. I don't even need to stop to fight then.
---
Bruh
#15 Posted: 18:55:20 07/07/2016
For me Stealth Elf is pretty good. Like, I don't even need to do much to finish a level with her. Not just because she's fast, but her combos are pretty strong, and I simply walk and press the attack buttons to defeat the enemies. I don't even need to stop to fight then.

you must be playing on easy mode
#16 Posted: 19:01:42 07/07/2016

I only have Spyro's Adventure. This game is easier than Easy Mode (no really, this game is too easy).
---
Bruh
#17 Posted: 19:12:00 07/07/2016

I only have Spyro's Adventure. This game is easier than Easy Mode (no really, this game is too easy).

oh yeah.
ssa's cool, basically every skylander is fun to play back then, and stealth elf is op there
#18 Posted: 19:25:51 07/07/2016

oh yeah.
ssa's cool, basically every skylander is fun to play back then, and stealth elf is op there

Tough I have more or less favorites, every character for me is good to play as. There's no one that I have that I don't like.
---
Bruh
#19 Posted: 23:51:15 07/07/2016 | Topic Creator

...Are we playing the same character? Her combos are some of the weakest in the game. Also, while her dodge capabilities are good, I've never gotten to the point where I can just dodge and attack at the same time.

There ARE a few moments in SSA that are difficult, but the most noteable challenge is the final boss, which is difficult more for how long it takes to kill him than anything else.
#20 Posted: 00:03:34 08/07/2016
Quote: MugoUrth

...Are we playing the same character? Her combos are some of the weakest in the game. Also, while her dodge capabilities are good, I've never gotten to the point where I can just dodge and attack at the same time.

Don't know. I play as her in the Blade Path in Spyro's Adventure. On Wii, if it matters. And with 24-25 Challenges complete. Oh, and a Miner Hat.
---
Bruh
#21 Posted: 14:37:26 11/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Playing as Stealth Elf for a bit, I just have to give her a semi-review. I honestly cannot understand the review I read for her on Gamefaqs.

Quote:
1. Stealth Elf (Life)
- Pros: Blitz fast melee damage dealer. Excellent skill synergy. Combos on Pook Blade Saint are fantastic with the upgraded Elven Sunblades. Shadowsbane Blade Dance adds a lot of damage to your primary attack and turns Arboreal Acrobatics into an amazing offensive movement attack. Free constant healing with Soul Gem upgrade.
- Cons: Upgrade paths are very mono-focused. Scarecrows are pretty useless (in fact, the Forest Ninja path is garbage). Lacks attack and vertical range.
- Preferred Upgrade Path: Pook Blade Saint
- Comments: Stealth Elf simply cannot be cornered. If you get too close to her, you will regret it. A deadly force to be reckoned with. What she lacks in range she more than makes up for in sheer speed and mobility.

Put the pipe down, guys. This review is all wrong. Just... no.

I'm going to be honest: Stealth Elf is NOT a bad character, however she is not as great as they make it out to be. Honestly, comparing the two paths and playing them, Pook Blade Saint sucks. Her combo moves added in that are useless. 1 1 2 has some range, but does awful damage. 1 1 3 has AOE, but also does pathetic damage, and won't save her from many crowds. 1 1 1 is one of the only ways she can really do decent damage in Pook Blade Saint Path, but you already have that combo. Her elven sunblades increase her attack, but insignificantly. Her magic blades add range and a little extra damage, but not much else.

Her other path, however, gives her one of the only real range moves, as well as her best method of doing damage. Using her 2 move and catching enemies in a triangle of spinning dummies can do some legit damage, be used from a safe distance, AND allows Stealth Elf to go in and deal extra damage. The only drawback is that it's kind of slow and hard to use. But all in all, I would ultimately choose Forest Ninja over Pook Blade Saint. Forest Ninja gives her the most significant upgrade for her IMO.]

That being said, she does have good speed, but as I've said a hundred times before: speed isn't everything. She aint as weak as Spyro, but she still has a hard time dealing damage. She CAN do it well though if used right. But her inability to get cornered? Honestly, that feels made up. She is NOT good at crowd control. If enemies CAN corner her, she's as good as done-for. Her dummies can distract creatures, and they can be useful, but they don't work every time, and they can be destroyed easily by strong enough enemies. She's also quite frail, having lower HP than a lot of other Skylanders.

Still, she has good speed, and her regeneration is useful. Overall, she's a good character, she's just not as amazing as the guys at Gamefaqs seem to think she is.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:40:24 11/07/2016 by MugoUrth
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#22 Posted: 14:45:04 11/07/2016
People usually judge the character by mashing potential sometimes, it's also why everyone says Tree Rex needs Lasering Lumberer. I'd rather go for the fun moves.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#23 Posted: 20:10:04 11/07/2016
Slobber Tooth seems really underrated. He was actually one of my favorites in SWAP Force.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#24 Posted: 02:59:12 29/07/2016
I don't know about you guys, but Double Trouble is a god on the Channeler path. Just lock on the enemy and walk around them in circles. Series 2's Wow Pow makes it even better, locking onto 3 enemies.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:55 29/07/2016 by JohnnySmasher42
#25 Posted: 01:54:13 16/08/2016
Pretty much. There's not much effort you need on him. The other attacks can be helpful, but his primary is pretty overpowered.
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me