Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Which console?
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1 Posted: 22:10:46 02/07/2016 | Topic Creator
We've undoubtedly had this kind of topic before, but I'm finding it hard to decide which to buy right now.

My first problem is that I'd love to buy TLOS: TEN, but I don't have any compatible consoles to play it on. For some reason, it was never released on Xbox/Xbox 360 (I assume it's because the Xbox was being phased out at this point, and the Xbox 360 was not yet released/quite new). I have an original Playstation, but I was thinking of eventually upgrading it to a PS2 (since it's old and a little unpredictable at times). Is it worth it for one game though? And does the PS2 play PS1 games any better?

Secondly, I'm looking at buying a current generation console. There are several games I want for each, so I can't decide between a Wii U, Xbox One or PS4. I might pick up a Wii U cheap when the NX is released, so should I get an Xbox One or PS4?
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2 Posted: 23:23:46 02/07/2016
I suggest for the Playstation you should just bite the bullet and get a PS4 instead of an older model (PS2/PS3), and if you get a PS2 or PS3 you need to get Shadow of the Colossus as it's a staple PS2 title everyone should play at least once if they have a Playstation 2/3/4. Playstation 4 has Overwatch

I don't know much about Xbox so can't help you there, but it has Overwatch if you get an XboxOne.

Wii U is a hit and miss system, it has a bunch of great games and a bunch of fluff. The best stuff for Wii U are mostly competitive games (Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros Wii U) with a couple good games that aren't competitive (Tokyo Mirage Session #FE and Skylanders )

Hopefully this helped
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 00:14:54 03/07/2016
Playstation. While it doesn't play them any better than PSX/PS1 would, I do recommend it for your older games. This is mainly because PS3 and onward has no backwards compatibility. The PS3 and PS4 especially if you're looking to only play games from the PS2.

If you're looking to a "next gen console." Go with the PS4. Xbone has no exclusives, and the PS4 isn't a glorified cable box. Wii U only has a few games in it's library, and personally, I don't think it's worth the money since the NX will be out soon.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#4 Posted: 00:16:59 03/07/2016
They are virtually the same, PS and Xbox, it just depends on what exclusives you like. I got an Xbox One and I am currently very happy with it.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#5 Posted: 00:45:46 03/07/2016
It really depends on which IP's you're into. Mario/Sonic/Zelda > Wii U. Other stuff.pretty much files into XBOX1 or PS4
---
My life is complete.
#6 Posted: 09:02:46 03/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks everyone! I think I've decided to go with the PS4, and hopefully pick up a Wii U/NX someday when they're going cheap. I'm only really interested in Nintendo's systems so I can play The Legend of Zelda games, and they can wait.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#7 Posted: 11:28:16 03/07/2016
Just so you know, TLoS: TEN is on the Wii as well. It also has Classic Controller support.

If you get a Wii U, it's backwards compatible with Wii games so you could play TEN on that.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#8 Posted: 11:36:36 03/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Just so you know, TLoS: TEN is on the Wii as well. It also has Classic Controller support.

If you get a Wii U, it's backwards compatible with Wii games so you could play TEN on that.

Ah, I didn't think of that! Are there any differences between the Wii/PS2 versions of the game? (graphics, etc.)
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#9 Posted: 08:08:38 04/07/2016
PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#10 Posted: 09:34:01 04/07/2016
Quote: yelvy

Ah, I didn't think of that! Are there any differences between the Wii/PS2 versions of the game? (graphics, etc.)

yeah the ps2 doesn't control like ass.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#11 Posted: 10:38:23 04/07/2016
I recommend the PS4 because it's a significant improvement over the PS3, which I admit was a crappy console with long loading times, mandatory patches that stop all notions of fun. The Xbox One has gone down the PS3 route. What irony.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#12 Posted: 22:19:45 04/07/2016
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote: yelvy

yeah the ps2 doesn't control like ass.

The Classic Controller's pretty alright, actually.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#13 Posted: 19:44:27 06/07/2016
Haha, yeah, I'd say the PS4 as well but you're going with that anyway. cx
However, you should probably wait until they release the new PS4 next year because the current one's price should drop a lot then! Unless of course you'd rather get the new one. ;p
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me