Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > I did a cutesy arrange of the Skylanders theme! <3
Page 1 of 1
I did a cutesy arrange of the Skylanders theme! <3
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#1 Posted: 00:10:01 30/06/2016 | Topic Creator

...is this where 'Fan Music' is meant to go in this forum? Also, long time no post everyone!

For those that didn't get to know me prior to Skylanders being a thing, I'll offer a brief intro/recap - I am a Spyro fan that also happens to love music as well, so much to the point that I got stuff on OverClocked Remix during my time, which is a very major videogame remixing website.

Anyway, around 2 years ago, not too long after the birth of site owner djpretzel's first child, I got invited to take part in a project that involved making an infant-centric album, something that would introduce those younger than the age of around 7 to the world of VGM. This project got released today, 'Esther's Dreams', and can be checked out over here!

My contribution to this was an arrangement of the Skylanders main theme. At the time of writing, Swap Force had only just been released and I still enjoyed playing through the games a lot, so I felt really confident to be able to cross over youth AND Spyro all in one arrange. To fit with the album's theme, I kept additional melodies really simple and focused more on the textures and overall atmosphere.

In the months since making the track I eventually became increasingly bitter over Activision's business practices and consider myself a 'retired Portal Master', if you will. But I will still look back at the first three Skylanders games as examples of good times for me and the start of a gaming revolution that otherwise couldn't have brought in Lego Dimensions, the now-dead Disney Infinity, or even Nintendo's Amiibo line.

(Though to be fair, I'm glad Spyro got brought in through the TV show and I'm game to see that when it makes its launch...)

Long comment over, thoughts about the arrange are very much appreciated smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:10:44 30/06/2016 by Rexy
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#2 Posted: 00:24:19 30/06/2016
We need more Skylanders Music Fan Remixes.
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#3 Posted: 04:15:03 30/06/2016
Nice work! It is indeed cute.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#4 Posted: 19:23:52 30/06/2016
Wow, nice work!

I haven't seen you active in music for a while, or at least not on your YouTube channel (freqrexy, right?). Nice to see you're still active smilie

I should mention that you inspired me to make sheet music for some Spyro music after seeing your original versions on YouTube all those years ago smilie! You can view them here.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#5 Posted: 00:04:02 01/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks so much for the initial comments x)

WFLD: Yep, I hadn't used my Youtube for a while, though I still remained active over social media. You're most likely to find me using Twitter more than any other site these days, which also accounts everything that I had been getting up to as of late.
I also saw your piano notation video for 'This Broken Soul' and I feel your musical ear is really impressive! I hope one of these days, they could inspire you to learn to perform them on the real thing smilie
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#6 Posted: 17:25:39 01/07/2016
Thanks smilie I have a habit of making my arrangements difficult / impossible to play since I don't usually play them on my piano once I've completed them to check them (mostly because I can't be bothered. Computers do it for me) smilie

I can play piano reasonably well but dropped lessons some years ago because my teacher made me play lots of Baroque smilie I've started playing it again more recently and have considered trying to record a performance of some arranged Spyro music, plus maybe give some piano tutorials on how to play them.

In any case, the trombone is my main instrument now c:

[User Posted Image]

And, to stay on topic, keep up the good work! smilie You're piano / music skills overall are amazing!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:29:28 04/07/2016 by WFLD
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#7 Posted: 15:04:01 17/07/2016
nice!!!!!!
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me