Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Ben 10 is returning to CN in 2017
Page 1 of 1
Ben 10 is returning to CN in 2017 [CLOSED]
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#1 Posted: 19:38:37 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

I honestly don't know what to say about this.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 19:58:30 21/06/2016
You have got to be kidding me.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 20:03:32 21/06/2016
I can't believe it could get worse.
#4 Posted: 20:05:37 21/06/2016
At this point in time I think I've just lost all hope in Cartoon Network.
They are screwing up all of their once great shows (though I guess that is a matter of opinion).
---
I draw stuff.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#5 Posted: 20:09:49 21/06/2016
Another new season? Well... I can't say I'm surprised. But another artwork style change? What a dumb choice.
---
Bring the Fanta
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#6 Posted: 21:21:17 21/06/2016
We changed the style like 3 times already, obvious the solution is to keep changing it instead of dunno,stick to what the fans already liked.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#7 Posted: 21:33:45 21/06/2016
OH HELL NAH
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#8 Posted: 21:48:59 21/06/2016
What's next? Courage the cowardly dog?
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#9 Posted: 00:40:45 22/06/2016
Wow, really??? Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, and now Ben 10?? This is getting pretty irritating now. Allow me to take a moment to address some things:

"don't judge it yet, it hasn't come out!"
Yeah but considering what they've done to Teen Titans and PPG, I think it's safe to say this'll suck too. But maybe the third time's the charm? Yeah, that's what I'd say if I were optimistic.

"ur not a kid so this isn't supposed to appeal to u!!!"
Yeah, that's valid I guess. But I think great cartoons make an effort to appeal to both kids and adults (in content, not just nostalgia), y'know, like the original shows did. But I won't take the effort to protest the reboots or anything like that, I'll just watch one episode, judge it, and move on.

"ur just blinded by nostalgia and don't like change!!"
Nah, change can be cool and I understand that all good things must come to an end, so I'm not mad at just the fact that they're bringing these old cartoons back by revamping the style and everything. Even if the reboot didn't personally appeal to me then I'd be perfectly ok with a reboot that at least stays fairly true to the original and has a decent sense of humor. But I absolutely hate the new "humor" they shoehorn into these reboots just to get a cheap laugh (I'm talking about the twerking, toilet humor, odd slapstick humor, etc.). Some of the stuff they put into the reboots is frankly insulting, I think, because it's just stupid bottom-of-the-barrel **** that not only does not represent the original series at all, but it makes me think that the producers put no work or thought into what they're doing since none of the humor I've seen is clever or witty, just cringy. And they obviously focus more on the ****ty humor than forming actual round character personalities and an engaging story. I guess if that's what kids find funny and like, though, then ok smilie Can't blame them for wanting to appeal to what the audience they're aiming for likes. Obviously, they're going to do what makes them successful...
But if any of these reboots encourage kids to check out any of the original series, then that's pretty cool.

But yeah, I really do not like this new art style at all, he looks just horrid in my opinion...
I miss the original series. Definitely had the best art style in my opinion, and had a good sense of humor and a good balance between humor and seriousness iirc.

oh and inb4 "how do u know so much about the humor of the reboots if u don't like them??"
I don't know much about the PPG reboot (haven't watched an episode yet, but I heard enough about it) but I know a lot about TTG because my brother and dad like it for some reason so they're often watching it when I do dishes, so I kinda know what I'm talking about
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:50:02 22/06/2016 by LevanJess
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#10 Posted: 00:45:12 22/06/2016
Cool. Another failed reboot. Definitely needed this for one of my favorite cartoons of all time...
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#11 Posted: 00:59:26 22/06/2016
Tough the style is pretty bad, looks like that they will do some drastic changes to the series, so maybe I will give it a chance. I just don't expect it to be good, since the only good version of the franchise was the first one.
---
Bruh
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#12 Posted: 01:52:21 22/06/2016
Popping in to quickly say that this is going to be done by the same people who did all the iterations of Ben 10 up to now (Man of Action). Yes, the art style looks weird and Ben looks especially awful, but if the writing is good like the first show then I couldn't care less about Ben's redesign. Omniverse was too comedic IMO... Too many episodes where dumb goofy **** happens and the canon is just disregarded completely!

We need more serious stuff to outweigh the goofy stuff. I like Ben 10... Please don't make me not like Ben 10.

Also, of course the don't include my two favorite OG Aliens Ghostfreak and Wildmutt... Why would they?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:33 22/06/2016 by TheToyNerd
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#13 Posted: 03:12:00 22/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Popping in to quickly say that this is going to be done by the same people who did all the iterations of Ben 10 up to now (Man of Action). Yes, the art style looks weird and Ben looks especially awful, but if the writing is good like the first show then I couldn't care less about Ben's redesign. Omniverse was too comedic IMO... Too many episodes where dumb goofy **** happens and the canon is just disregarded completely!

We need more serious stuff to outweigh the goofy stuff. I like Ben 10... Please don't make me not like Ben 10.

Also, of course the don't include my two favorite OG Aliens Ghostfreak and Wildmutt... Why would they?

I just want Stink Fly smilie
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#14 Posted: 03:17:45 22/06/2016
^ Oh my gosh yes, I haven't seen that guy in ages. >.<

But I guess if the original writers are onboard this then it can't get too bad ...... right?
---
I draw stuff.
#15 Posted: 03:26:37 22/06/2016
This thread makes me want to watch the original series again, I'm sure it's on kisscartoon probably...
(For the record, I haven't seen any of them in their entirety besides the original; I've seen a few episodes of Alien Force and maybe one of Omniverse but that's it. I don't think I saw any of Ultimate Alien)

Popping in to quickly say that this is going to be done by the same people who did all the iterations of Ben 10 up to now (Man of Action).

Oh, that's great to hear! I'll be sure to give it a fair chance then. I can definitely tolerate the art style if the show is like the original: a good-humored well-balanced mix between comedy, seriousness, and action. But we'll see.

I can't believe they didn't include Ghostfreak or Wildmutt, though... I see they didn't include Ripjaws either, I liked him (and he's fairly useful too since he can breathe underwater and I don't think any of the ones they included can). Maybe they'll be included later on. I'm glad they included XLR8 and Grey Matter, they were always my favorites. The former is because I like speedsters and I can't explain the latter, lol.
I don't even recognize some of the ones they included... I recognize Heatblast, Four Arms, Grey Matter, XLR8, Cannonbolt, Diamondhead, and I think I recognize the one on the far right... Isn't his name Stinkbug or something? (No, I'm not thinking of Stinkfly.)
---
but i love it all smooth
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#16 Posted: 05:26:08 22/06/2016
Not surprised that they want more money of one of their best money makers in the past. What the **** is that style on Ben though!?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:54:35 22/06/2016 by Trix Master 100
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#17 Posted: 07:20:33 22/06/2016
My issue is that it looks like there's too much of a disconnect between Ben and the aliens' art styles.
The show itself feels too soon to judge. PPG may have looked "acceptable" until it aired.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#18 Posted: 07:37:55 22/06/2016

That's not that much of a reassurance. I think TTG uses a lot of the original group and even has the original voice actors.

Don't know about PPG's crew, but the cast is different aside from the announcer so....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#19 Posted: 12:17:47 22/06/2016
Not gonna lie tho, I find it pretty hilarious that XLR8 more or less didn't change a thing throught all these seasons, even now he just has a new outfit color that might just be the shadows on him.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#20 Posted: 12:46:03 22/06/2016
I don't care about Ben 10 because it was made for a different generation from mine but each new reboot seems to be getting worse. Omniverse looked really bad compared to the original and Alien Force but this... I don't even know anymore.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#21 Posted: 18:37:21 22/06/2016
Okay so apparently that blue flying bug guy with the orange wings is actually Stink Fly?
And Levan Jess, the one on the right you thought was Stink Bug or something... I think it's supposed to be Wild Vine. :I
---
I draw stuff.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#22 Posted: 18:51:22 22/06/2016
All of them look humanoid. I don't like that one bit. Wildvine had actual vines for legs and Stink Fly had six of them for crying out loud. Don't mean to sound harsh (but it doesn't look like anyone would mind me saying this) but I hope this flops so that CN can realize that reboots aren't their thing.

Also, the humanoid approach to Cannonbolt makes him seem like the "dumb chubby kid" of the group and that's just wrong
#23 Posted: 19:13:43 22/06/2016
The first footage of the Reboot has leaked

It's only 10 seconds, but I have to say I REEEEEEEALLY hope that the blue bug alien isn't named Stinkfly. I would be sooooo ticked. Cause Stinkfly was always the coolest design!
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#24 Posted: 00:42:24 23/06/2016
The flying thing in the top right looks like a combination of Stink Fly and Big Chill. And is the guy to the left of Diamondhead supposed to be NRG? Or Water Hazard? Maybe he's new? I'm assuming they'll only use aliens from the original show so he's probably new.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:47:37 23/06/2016 by awesomerockets
#25 Posted: 01:40:16 23/06/2016
Quote: Bolt
And Levan Jess, the one on the right you thought was Stink Bug or something... I think it's supposed to be Wild Vine. :I

That's what I was thinking too, because I can't find the one I'm thinking of on the Ben 10 Wiki... He doesn't really look like Wildvine I don't think besides the single eye but that's probably who he is.

EDIT: I'm on season 4 of the original series now and have determined that Wildvine is one of my favorites and if the one on the right is really supposed to be him, then I'm pretty dissed because he really does look nothing like the original Wildvine smilie The thing that bothers me the most is that he's standing on two legs instead of five vines. His hands look completely different too and I can't tell if he has his seed bombs or not. Probably a stupid thing to be bothered about but I love Wildvine's original design, why'd they change it so much??
At least they didn't **** XLR8 or Grey Matter up (in design)...

Oh, and I was thinking of Wildvine when I said Stinkbug... I don't know why but I thought the second new alien Ben got in the original series was named Stinkbug smilie
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:27:41 02/07/2016 by LevanJess
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#26 Posted: 02:01:04 23/06/2016
yay that's another show being pushed even farther to become the worst show on the planet
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#27 Posted: 02:19:52 23/06/2016
I would've done Ben 10 as a gritty IDW comic book but that's just me. *shrugs* However if they do the Teen Titans Go route that people here assume it would make a lot of sense. Think about it. Ben looks about to be 10 in this and what do 10 year olds like to do? Have fun and act childish. This could just be a reboot that is harmless fun that doesn't care about continuity. What's so bad about a chibified show? Teens Titans did that and it had a decent result.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#28 Posted: 05:00:35 24/06/2016
where's my ****ty steven universe reboot
#29 Posted: 19:11:34 25/06/2016
^ Ha, I'm expecting this to happen sometime.
---
I draw stuff.
Zakku Blue Sparx Gems: 799
#30 Posted: 05:23:14 29/06/2016
At first I thought this was a joke.

I laughed.

And laughed.

And laughed....
---
Victory is achieved through mettle.
Glory is achieved through metal.
RainbowSkygirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#31 Posted: 18:18:14 30/06/2016
Won't judge the show by a promo poster alone, but am I the only one who gets a strong "coloring book/clip art" feel from Ben?
---
Lurked moar since 2011 and I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#32 Posted: 12:08:27 02/07/2016
everything after ultimate alien was trash, even ultimate alien was pusjing it.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#33 Posted: 11:44:41 24/09/2016
Still can't get past the art style, but maaaybe it could be good???
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#34 Posted: 17:29:22 24/09/2016
at least they didn't make him a noodle armed finn clone..
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#35 Posted: 21:16:29 28/09/2016
Does anyone else think that the art style looks a little bit tweeked in that trailer compared to the picture in the OP? It actually looks quite a bit better to me (Ben does at least; they REALLY ****ED poor Gwen up!).

But yeah, I think I can probably get past the style (except poor ****ing Gwen, lmao). The trailer's jokes weren't cringy imo and the voices seem really close to the original, plus they even made a villain reference to the original series (the clown, whose name I totally forgot...)! I'm definitely going to give it a try.
---
but i love it all smooth
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me