darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Wii and wiiU superchargers compatibility
Page 1 of 1
Wii and wiiU superchargers compatibility
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1 Posted: 09:57:51 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey I just wanted to ask wether the original wii superchargers game ( the one that's just racing ) , plays the same when you put that disc in the wiiU console? Or does it not work?

I'm planning to get a wiiU so I wanna know if I can get the "racing only" game experience.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#2 Posted: 10:14:48 21/06/2016
SuperChargers Racing [the Wii version] will work on the Wii U, but you'll need to switch it into Wii mode. Basically there is a channel/app on the Wii U that emulates the Wii, that is where you go to play Wii games on the Wii U (as well as still being able to access and use the Wii shop channel, to spite Wii wifi being shut down a few years back. I guess Wii Shop is on a different server than what ran Wii wifi). But If you're going to get SCR, I'd suggest the 3DS version over the Wii version, unless you really want Dark Bowser.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:15:10 21/06/2016 by SoulfulWolf
#3 Posted: 10:23:43 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks smilie

I thought those 2 were the same? How do the ds and wii versions differ?
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#4 Posted: 11:00:29 21/06/2016
The only major difference is that Wii has local 2-player, while 3DS has online multiplayer (up to 4?). And obviously, 3DS is portable, while Wii is not. I personally went for Wii due to local 2-player and big screen, I have enough portable Skylanders games, and I don't really see myself racing on the go.

Graphics-wise, 3DS is obviously in 3D, unless you disable it. Apart from that, they're both standard definition (I think it looks slightly better on Wii, but that's just my opinion). The map layout is the same, though I personally prefer the look of the Wii version's overlay, rather than 3DS' separate screen.
[User Posted Image]
(obviously, the logos, figure and background are just video layout)

Figure-wise, with the 3DS, you scan them in once to get unlimited access, while Wii requires you to use the portal every time (although in 2-player mode, you can scan in a small roster of characters and vehicles - up to 8 Skylanders/villains and 4 vehicles in each terrain, with Land/Sea having the 4th slot locked to Clunker/Blunder Bucket). As a bonus, the Wii version allows you to use traps to get vehicle stat boosts (can't currently remember which elements boost which stats, just that the Kaos Trap boosts all of them).

The controls are obviously a little different, with Wii having 3 layouts (sideways wiimote = motion controls+buttons, wiimote+nunchuck = buttons+stick, classic controller = buttons+stick), and 3DS having one (buttons+pad+optional motion controls).
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#5 Posted: 11:19:40 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks alot smilie

I didn't know traps gave stat boosts in the wii one.

I'll go for the wii version, mostly just coz I dont really like playing Skylanders on the small screen .
---
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#6 Posted: 23:59:27 21/06/2016
Personal preferences. (Granted, I did not know about the traps thing on the Wii version of SSCR.)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me