Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > 4 million dollars wasted- mighty no. 9 bombs, is a mighty no. 2
Page 1 of 1
4 million dollars wasted- mighty no. 9 bombs, is a mighty no. 2
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 02:05:27 20/06/2016 | Topic Creator

oh god it's awful.

backer codes are mostly for the wrong systems or not working.
the game itself bricks wii u consoles.
the ps4 version's dlc has issues.
the pc version is recognized as a virus on most computers.
inafune says it's "better than nothing".
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:20:47 21/06/2016 by ZapNorris
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 02:08:51 20/06/2016
Is this game? Cause I've seen game... This is not game.
#3 Posted: 02:10:41 20/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd
Is this game? Cause I've seen game... This is not game.

that's game.

game over.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 02:12:45 20/06/2016
This game will make anime fans cry hard on prom night.
Their own anime fans, when they remember they dropped buttloads of cash on it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:11 20/06/2016 by Bifrost
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 04:48:23 20/06/2016
tbh

i kinda expected the game to bomb anyways so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#6 Posted: 18:43:24 20/06/2016
So much clickbait going on in the OP.

Anyway... wow... just wow...
That's the ending? Feels pretty anti-climactic. The final boss is fairly lame. Didn't even look like the guy had to try that hard to beat it. The coice acting also seems fairly bad.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Operationgamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1289
#7 Posted: 17:27:47 21/06/2016
Someone activated a DLC code on the Ps4 version and it made his game look like this. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CldRWv0VYAEgYIH.jpg:large
#8 Posted: 17:48:00 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
apparently the game bricks your wii u.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#9 Posted: 18:59:41 21/06/2016
So mighty that it actually bricks your console.
---
Bruh
#10 Posted: 19:21:22 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
and most computers give you a virus warning when you try to download.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#11 Posted: 19:34:52 21/06/2016
Shame that this game ended up being Duke Nukem Forevered. Guess I'll stick to my classic VirtualConsole Megaman 3DS roms.
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#12 Posted: 22:48:41 21/06/2016
Quote: QueenChrysalis
I never even wanted this game to be released. I am about as far from a Megaman fan as one can get. I tried Megaman and hated it, I tried Megaman X and it was just a graphics update. So, for me, it is the opposite of "Better than Nothing." Also I'm not touching this **** with a 500 foot pole if it's bricking Wii Us, which is what I play these types of games on. Even if they said they'd patch that out. I would rather just not touch a game that is so buggy that it could destroy my system, and play Freedom Planet instead!

All this game has achieved it to hurt REAL game developers who need to rely on kickstarter to fund their REAL games.

**** you, Mighty No. 9

Copy Pasta since there is, like, 3 god damn copies of this thread.
#13 Posted: 22:50:07 21/06/2016
A friend found this in KYM and it encapsulates this so hard. Big picture warning.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#14 Posted: 23:05:27 21/06/2016
From what I read, only 60% percent was used for the actual game while 40% was for taxes, marketing, rental and legal fees and all the physical rewards for different tiers times the number of backers.

Lab Zero illustrated how part of the crowdfunded budget they gained for Indivisible was used for Indiegogo fees and I'm sure they have to the money accordingly. Based on how they managed deliver all their promises on the extra content for Skullgirls with their previous Indiegogo campaign when they got rights back from Konami, I trust Lab Zero to deliver Indivisible the way they envision it while being financially competent.

Now that I think about it, Koji Igarashi never anything about how he's gonna budget the development of Bloodstained! Then there's all those stretch goals... Urgh! Perhaps Iga should just deliver the core game first on PC, then to consoles and then add extra content like co-op, classic mode, roguelike mode, boss rush mode and boss revenge mode.

Be like Shovel Knight, not Mighty No. 9.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#15 Posted: 23:18:12 21/06/2016
Their budget on marketing was the Pizza they bribed one of their co-workers with to VA that "Trailer." He probably wrote it too (During his lunch break while he was eating the pizz, naturally). In fairness, that guy's delivery was top notch. It's just the writing that should have never been allowed to see the light of day.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:03 21/06/2016 by QueenChrysalis
#16 Posted: 23:23:15 21/06/2016
Quote: StevemacQ

Now that I think about it, Koji Igarashi never anything about how he's gonna budget the development of Bloodstained! Then there's all those stretch goals... Urgh! Perhaps Iga should just deliver the core game first on PC, then to consoles and then add extra content like co-op, classic mode, roguelike mode, boss rush mode and boss revenge mode.

The devs already proposed to release the game in episodes, and from the tone of that post, it does feel like the team is pretty afraid of getting anywhere close to MN9's failures. Kinda sorry for them too, IGA reached out to Inafune before we even knew what was going on and he was probably as clueless as we were.

Also, it's even worse that Dina or someone related to her STILL had a hand on this game despite all claims that nope we're breaking ties. There's a gaming journalism "joke" there despite the 2 year aging and apparently it's treated very poorly and in a "no, you're the meanie" kind of way.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:23:59 21/06/2016 by Bifrost
#17 Posted: 23:29:42 21/06/2016
Seriously though. This whole Mighty No. 9 thing makes me worried about Fighting Hooves or what ever it's called now. I seriously doubt that will flop because it's a labor of love rather than a shameless cashgrab, but if it does bomb I'll be really bumbed out...
#18 Posted: 23:55:42 21/06/2016
Them's Fightin' Herds is looking pretty good from their dev streams,but the issue is that it might be too niche. Skullgirls already had REALLY hard times as one of the most polished 2D fast-paced fighting games out there, imagine the second place that has animals and Flash animation(even if it's good, it's not to the same level of detail).
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#19 Posted: 13:20:52 22/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: StevemacQ

The devs already proposed to release the game in episodes, and from the tone of that post, it does feel like the team is pretty afraid of getting anywhere close to MN9's failures. Kinda sorry for them too, IGA reached out to Inafune before we even knew what was going on and he was probably as clueless as we were.

Also, it's even worse that Dina or someone related to her STILL had a hand on this game despite all claims that nope we're breaking ties. There's a gaming journalism "joke" there despite the 2 year aging and apparently it's treated very poorly and in a "no, you're the meanie" kind of way.

Can you link me to this post about Bloodstained being episodic? It sounds weird but could be more promising than MN9.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#20 Posted: 13:31:38 22/06/2016
I remember seeing it on Gematsu, but I don't remember the link to the original post. Might've been on their official forums if it's open to the public.
---
#21 Posted: 02:10:02 24/06/2016
Them's Fightin' Herds is looking pretty good from their dev streams,but the issue is that it might be too niche. Skullgirls already had REALLY hard times as one of the most polished 2D fast-paced fighting games out there, imagine the second place that has animals and Flash animation(even if it's good, it's not to the same level of detail).

Even with non-humans, I have the same problem with TFH that I had with Skullgirls: Not enough characters. It may seem small, but the number of characters helps up the replay value of the game, plus I think it's more fun to play a game where there are more characters with less moves with different uses than a lot of moves with similar uses and gimmickry. Ultimately, Skullgirls didn't win me over. Yet, it was the small number of characters that made me grow bored fast. Even with the updates, it still has less than most fighters. I just don't see how a game with even LESS characters than Skullgirls started out is going to hold my interest.
#22 Posted: 04:43:19 24/06/2016
Fighting Hooves has the disadvantage in that its whole gimmick is that the characters are all created by Lauren Faust, but you can't exactly milk her for more characters for what is essentially a fan game. I mean... Faust is a high profile television producer and Mane6 is an indie developer made up of MLP fans. The fact that the game exists at all is a modern miracle
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3080
#23 Posted: 08:38:58 24/06/2016
hm so thats why its bad?? shame, a lot of the character designs looked really cool.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#24 Posted: 12:20:59 24/06/2016
Quote: MugoUrth

Even with non-humans, I have the same problem with TFH that I had with Skullgirls: Not enough characters. It may seem small, but the number of characters helps up the replay value of the game, plus I think it's more fun to play a game where there are more characters with less moves with different uses than a lot of moves with similar uses and gimmickry. Ultimately, Skullgirls didn't win me over. Yet, it was the small number of characters that made me grow bored fast. Even with the updates, it still has less than most fighters. I just don't see how a game with even LESS characters than Skullgirls started out is going to hold my interest.

But less characters means more a balanced roster which means it has more replay value? Super Smash Bros Melee only has 8 characters who can win tournaments yet the game still has a strong following to the point where esport teams can sponsor players.
#25 Posted: 12:51:42 24/06/2016
Yup, less but enough characters means well balanced and time for the devs to polish. Not being a AAA team means there's nowhere enough people for QA and to respond to the results in a reasonable amount of time, and they could fall on the easy route of clones. Heck, Skullgilrs only has its final roster because of two clones, which took the least amount of money with the existing assets.
---
#26 Posted: 11:58:17 25/06/2016
Quote: somePerson
Quote: MugoUrth

But less characters means more a balanced roster which means it has more replay value? Super Smash Bros Melee only has 8 characters who can win tournaments yet the game still has a strong following to the point where esport teams can sponsor players.

Honestly, I'd rather have more characters and less balance than more "balance" and less characters. Besides, there are plenty of games out there with fairly large rosters that still manage to be pretty well balanced. I don't mean "everyone is as good as everyone else" balanced, but "even lowest tiered characters have a shot if the player's really good" balanced.
#27 Posted: 12:17:53 25/06/2016
Those are games with huge dev teams or a long history that allow them to simply take old characters. A indie can't afford this, so they sell with quality rather than quantity.
---
#28 Posted: 17:00:48 25/06/2016
Those are games with huge dev teams or a long history that allow them to simply take old characters. A indie can't afford this, so they sell with quality rather than quantity.

I'm just saying, sometimes it takes both to truly make an experience. Street Fighter 4 and Mortal Kombat had both, plus addictive gameplay. Skullgirls had quality, but I didn't find it all that fun. That, and I kind of get sick of Skullgirls fans bringing it up every times fighting games are mentioned. No matter what fighting game, Skullgirls fans are always like "NOT AS GOOD AS SKULLGIRLS!" And it honestly gets annoying that they make me feel like I'm SUPPOSED to like it more than any other fighting game on the planet.

...But this isn't actually about Skullgirls.

So anyway, I haven't played Mighty No. 9, but I am a fan of the classic Megaman games. Is Mighty No. 9 really as bad as people say? Who's played it?
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#29 Posted: 17:39:38 25/06/2016
This is literally the second time I heard of this game. Time passes so quickly...
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#30 Posted: 17:01:46 26/06/2016
I hope games like Yooka-Laylee and Shantae: Half Genie Hero are able to build the reputation for Kickstarter funded games back up. I feel like the concept of Kickstarter funded games has gotten so much hate from people because of this one game.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me