Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > TV show not connected to the games
Page 1 of 1
TV show not connected to the games
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 01:28:01 19/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I noticed a lot of fans assume Skylanders Academy takes place between the games or before SSA. But the continuity was asked before, and was answered officially by Eric Rogers (Head Writer) before the tweets were deleted.

Quote: Netflix summary
Travel the vast Skyland universe in this animated action-comedy as a ragtag group of Academy cadets build trust and heart in their fight against Kaos.

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:47:02 19/06/2016 by Aura24
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2 Posted: 02:29:48 19/06/2016
I will still consider it canon, tbfh
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3 Posted: 05:39:54 19/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Unless you want to be extremely confused on how certain things and characters are there pff
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#4 Posted: 20:34:29 21/09/2016
Its just the same thing as the older Rayman games, they all take place in the same universe, all are canon but the games aren't really tied up to the previous game.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#5 Posted: 17:43:28 05/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Eric Rogers pointed out in a recent tweet that the Skylanders backstories are the same as their game counterpart's, but Eric and the other writers "embellish when necessary", as in making the backstories more interesting or adding more details to them.

https://twitter.com/EricRogers...128819959078912
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:51:47 05/10/2016 by Aura24
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#6 Posted: 20:33:23 11/10/2016
Ah, so this is like an alternate timeline?
Much like the different arcs of Floraverse being different timelines of the same story?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#7 Posted: 01:32:42 01/11/2016
I'm not sure, but it might actually be connected. It's just been announced the Crash Bandicoot is going to guest star and he talks. I've also looked on a few sites regarding the show and actor Daniel Wu is doing the voice of......King Pen.
I don't get internet that well, but if they're released on Blu-Ray/DVD, I might just get it.
Just to hear Metallica's James Hetfield as Wolfgang
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#8 Posted: 01:38:40 01/11/2016 | Topic Creator
No, the show's confirmed non-canon.

• With Spyro being born in Skylands in the TV continuity, as opposed to being born in a faraway land far from Skylands in the games.
  • Spyro was adopted and raised by Eon in the TV continuity, while in the games, he was already fighting evil at his current age and was found and recruited by Master Eon to join the Skylanders.
  • Not to mention, the Skylanders Academy was built while Eon was young and had a body, while it was built after Swap Force in the games.
  • Portal Masters don't exist in the TV continuity.
  • We know that Crash Bandicoot doesn't fully talk in the games. He only talks fluently in the TV continuity.

---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:55:12 01/11/2016 by Aura24
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#9 Posted: 02:17:20 01/11/2016
Quote: Aura24
No, the show's confirmed non-canon.

• With Spyro being born in Skylands in the TV continuity, as opposed to being born in a faraway land far from Skylands in the games.
  • Spyro was adopted and raised by Eon in the TV continuity, while in the games, he was already fighting evil at his current age and was found and recruited by Master Eon to join the Skylanders.
  • Not to mention, the Skylanders Academy was built while Eon was young and had a body, while it was built after Swap Force in the games.
  • Portal Masters don't exist in the TV continuity.
  • We know that Crash Bandicoot doesn't fully talk in the games. He only talks fluently in the TV continuity.

I wouldn't be surprised some of the events in Academy happened in the main continuity though.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me