darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Which Chests Unlock Which Villains in 3DS Version?
Page 1 of 1
Which Chests Unlock Which Villains in 3DS Version?
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#1 Posted: 06:45:43 12/06/2016 | Topic Creator
So I'm picking up Skylanders SuperChargers Racing for Nintendo 3DS on Tuesday morning, along with the rest of the content I'd like to collect for the game. Anyway, I've decided to only unlock three Villains of each terrain type, and, due to a mild case of OCD, I don't really want to unlock the leftover one if I can avoid it.

What I'd like to learn is which treasure chests in each of the three Villain tours contain which unlockable Villains. I can already assume that smilie , smilie and Count Moneybone are unlocked from the far-right chests, but what about the other three? I really hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance! smilie

--Zack--
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#2 Posted: 21:12:13 16/06/2016
Top to bottom
Sea: Gulper, Mesmeralda, Frightbeard
Sky: Cluck, Pain-Yatta, Chef Pepper Jack
Land: Chompy Mage, Glumshanks, Dr. Krankcase

Out of curiosity, why are you limiting yourself to 3 per terrain? And which ones are you going for?

(Minor edit: Added Land Villains)
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:42:13 03/07/2016 by Nightmoon
#3 Posted: 21:40:50 16/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. smilie

It's a little tricky to explain how my mind works, so I'll try to be as to-the-point as possible: basically, I organise a lot of things into patterns, sometimes subconsciously, sometimes deliberately. I chose to use a small selection of Villains in each version of the game based on how they fit into those patterns, with some chosen based on how much I like them overall.

Also, I wanted to have a few Villains act as exclusives in each version, just so I had a little something different in my roster for whichever version I wanted to play; for example, if I want to race as one of my favourite Doom Raiders, I'll play the 3DS version, and if I want to race as Stratosfear, Dragon Hunter or Mesmeralda, then the Wii U version's what I'll play. Hey, even I don't fully understand how the mind of an Aspie works! smilie

As for the Villains I chose to unlock in each game...

SKY
Wolfgang (my favourite Sky Villain, both versions)
Cap'n Cluck (both versions)
Stratosfear (Wii U version only)
Pepper Jack (3DS version only)

LAND
Glumshanks (my favourite Land Villain, both versions)
Dragon Hunter (Wii U version only)
Chompy Mage (3DS version only)
Dr. Krankcase (3DS version only)

SEA
Golden Queen (my favourite Sea Villain, both versions)
Frightbeard (both versions)
Mesmeralda (Wii U version only)
The Gulper (3DS version only)

As for the rest, Pain-Yatta doesn't fit in the pattern, I don't really like Count Moneybone, and Spellslamzer is kind of creepy; this made it much easier to exclude them from my personal roster. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:45:16 16/06/2016 by GamerZack7
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#4 Posted: 05:50:14 17/06/2016
I see. Well, at least it doesn't matter that you don't know where all the villains are in the Land Tour, since you know where the undesired Moneybone is. Glad to have provided you with the information you needed :3

(P.S. I have the Wii version of SCR, I'm just assuming/hoping the map layout and Villain Chests are the same.)
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:53:55 17/06/2016 by Nightmoon
#5 Posted: 06:45:07 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Based on some YouTube videos I found, it seems the unlocks are exactly the same in both versions. This means that Glumshanks would be the middle Land unlock, and smilie and smilie would be top and bottom, respectively (if I recall correctly).

But yes, I know which chests to avoid entirely, so I have the info I need, though to be honest I've considered skipping Glumshanks in SCR just so I have the same 3-2-3 Villain ratio in both versions. So pretty much avoid the middle chests and the Malevolent Tour's "grand prize".

Which reminds me, I still need to get the Land Racing Action Pack...

EDIT: Slightly off-topic, but I came up with names for the Vehicles of the SCR-exclusive Villains: Candy Crusher for Pain-Yatta, Steam Strider for smilie and either Shell Surfer or Atlantean Speeder for smilie . I would have started a new topic, but I'm not sure if it's worth an entire thread.
---
*Currently absent*
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:57:47 17/06/2016 by GamerZack7
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#6 Posted: 08:07:21 17/06/2016
Quote: GamerZack7
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. smilie

It's a little tricky to explain how my mind works, so I'll try to be as to-the-point as possible: basically, I organise a lot of things into patterns, sometimes subconsciously, sometimes deliberately. I chose to use a small selection of Villains in each version of the game based on how they fit into those patterns, with some chosen based on how much I like them overall.

Also, I wanted to have a few Villains act as exclusives in each version, just so I had a little something different in my roster for whichever version I wanted to play; for example, if I want to race as one of my favourite Doom Raiders, I'll play the 3DS version, and if I want to race as Stratosfear, Dragon Hunter or Mesmeralda, then the Wii U version's what I'll play. Hey, even I don't fully understand how the mind of an Aspie works! smilie

I'm with you there...I'm an Aspie myself. I get super OCD, but for me it's about ignoring the variants & traps ( I only care about having 1 per element... ). Being unable to find all the toys in general though...that drives my OCD off the wall smilie
#7 Posted: 12:56:07 18/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I hear that. I generally try to only get characters in groups of eight (that originally meant one character per element per gimmick, but that changed slightly when the Light and Dark elements became a thing). I plan my collection quite carefully to make sure everything balances out nicely, hence the reason I wanted to limit my Villain collection(s) in SuperChargers.
---
*Currently absent*
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me