Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Guy reviews Skylanders Swap Force and concludes in series needs to die.
Page 1 of 1
Guy reviews Skylanders Swap Force and concludes in series needs to die. [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#1 Posted: 10:39:06 04/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Biforst found this review on reddit, I checked it out an am now defending Skylanders (I'm T-rex is best). Not sure if I'm putting up a good argument but if other people could join in, that'd be great.

Anyway, I just want to share this to show how immature some classic Spyro fans can STILL be.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spyro...rsonal_account/
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 10:51:58 04/06/2016
Well, I tried my best! smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 11:01:41 04/06/2016
Good luck with it, I won't try to get myself upset over reddit posts again, got some other stuff to worry about today.

Don't forget the good counter to "Spyro looks like a 2008 ps2 model", even in mobile he's a dozen times better now.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:17:11 04/06/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 15:12:42 05/06/2016
"... there is no way I'm supporting a series who's subconsciously teaching children to like things purely in a face value".

So now it's bad that Skylanders look appealing, I understand.
I guess he/she would prefer if they were all small white cubes, but with tons of personality (which we would still not know if we didn't tried them ourselves, or watched videos)!

Why do I even keep discussing someone who keeps deliberately ignoring the fact each character is more than "a way to unlock extra challenges"...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:15:05 05/06/2016 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#5 Posted: 15:14:21 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95
"... there is no way I'm supporting a series who's subconsciously teaching children to like things purely in a face value".

So now it's bad that Skylanders look appearing, I understand.
I guess he/she would prefer if they were all small white cubes, but with tons of personality!

Why do I even keep discussing someone who keeps deliberately ignoring the fact each character is more than "a way to unlock extra challenges"...?

You saw the comment in the Spyro subreddit, huh?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:16:15 05/06/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 15:23:32 05/06/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Drek95

So now it's bad that Skylanders look appearing, I understand.
I guess he/she would prefer if they were all small white cubes, but with tons of personality!

You saw the comment in the Spyro subreddit, huh?

In this case, well done, HotDog.
I really appreciate your valid argumentations and how you replied to each post (whether it made sense or not).

Sadly, I doubt these "super Spyro fans" or plain Skylanders haters will ever understand but that certainly doesn't mean we should stop trying.

Also, would it be so shocking if I said Classic Spyro games were most likely aimed at children as well?
Doubt this stopped teenagers and adults from enjoying it, though.
Not to mention Skylanders isn't a "bad platform" but a hack-and-slash dungeon crawler which started having certain platform elements from SWAP Force on.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me