Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Battlecast > Physical Cards: Battle Packs VS 2 Booster Packs
Page 1 of 1
Physical Cards: Battle Packs VS 2 Booster Packs
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#1 Posted: 11:50:13 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Unless I'm missing something, is there ANY reason to ever buy a pair of physical Booster Packs instead of just getting another Battle Pack?

The MSRP for a Booster Pack is $4.99. It's $9.99 for a Battle Pack.

A Booster Pack gives you 8 cards (5 Common, 2 Rare, 1 Epic/Ultimate)

Along with the six 'fixed cards,' a Battle Pack gives you 16 cards (10 Common, 4 Rare, 2 Epic/Ultimate). So you're getting the same number of random cards, along with cards that can either boost your own Skylander Level or scanned so other players could expand their character options.

Unless Battle Packs are less likely to have Ultimates, I don't really see an advantage to Boosters. I got a Foil Short Circuit and Ultimate Eruptor in one of my Battle Packs, so it's clear they CAN have those cards in them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:53:05 28/05/2016 by Peridot Weapon
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#2 Posted: 13:25:06 28/05/2016
Battle Packs guarantee getting the three Skylanders on the front, which you might not want duplicates of. Boosters also give Epic/Ultimate at a better rate 1 per 8 cards, to a Battle Packs 1 per 11.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#3 Posted: 13:36:10 28/05/2016
Battle Packs would help you start out in the game, that way you would get all 6 common skylanders guaranteed and then have the same odds as booster packs, just you get two. Thus, in theory, a battle pack is better.

If you look at the pack success opening document, you will see, at least for me, my luck with battle packs has been worse. Now I have only opened 17 battle packs so far but given I have yet to get a single darn ultimate at least makes me annoyed at its usefulness. However, I bet if I got 6 more, statistically I could get 3 in 6 battle packs and be right near my average for booster packs or close enough.

If you assume the same odds, there is no reason to not get a battle pack, minus the fact you will have lots of doubles of the 12 fixed cards from both of them combined. If all a store has is battle packs and you want some cards, get them.

If you are still missing those 12 fixed cards, believe me, I have some extras.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#4 Posted: 14:42:59 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: wideawakewesley
Battle Packs guarantee getting the three Skylanders on the front, which you might not want duplicates of. Boosters also give Epic/Ultimate at a better rate 1 per 8 cards, to a Battle Packs 1 per 11.

Those six cards are "free bonuses" in Battle Packs and don't count towards the ratio, though. Of the sixteen cards that aren't duplicates, you'll get the same sixteen cards that you would from two Booster Packs, with the same ratio of 10 Common / 4 Rare / 2 Epic-or-Ultimate, at the same cost.

The only reason you wouldn't want a Battle Pack over two Booster Packs is if you get Ultimates or Foils more frequently from Boosters. I can't believe they'd mass-produce booster packs and not have them provide SOME advantage over the starters, that'd just be silly.

(And yeah, part of my question is because starter packs are available in large quantities around here, but the boosters are hard to find.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:49 28/05/2016 by Peridot Weapon
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me