Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Compatible devices and their performance
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#1 Posted: 04:15:35 26/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm creating this topic so we can compare how well the game performs on each compatible device and help players that are interested in the game know if their device will run it well. I will update this post with all the feedback we gather together.

iPhone 6
  • Never crashed, everything runs smoothly most of the time. The game hangs a bit during the animation that plays when adding characters to the collection with the Cards-to-Life feature but nothing dramatic.
  • Works great and have had no problems.
  • One crash when I pushed it too hard. Seems to lag when entering a match with real people.
  • Runs perfectly! There is a bit of lag from time to time in online matches.

iPad Mini 2
  • Crashed from time to time but have never had to reinstall or anything, works most of the time.

iPad Mini (Gen 1)
  • Low quality textures, cant use AR showdown with cards as it will only let you scan 1 card at a time and you have to tell it the element before hand.
  • Crashes from time to time.

iPhone 5S
  • I have yet to run into any problems.
  • Very smooth and enjoyable experience.

iPad Air (Gen 1)
  • I have yet to run into any problems.
  • Very smooth and enjoyable experience.

iPad Air 2
  • Experience is generally consistent and buttery smooth.

iPad 4
  • Graphics are very average.

Nexus 5
  • Textures and FPS will start to dip as my phone begins to get warm up and overheat.

Nexus 4
  • Graphically the character models and textures are poor, but the rest of the app is fine and the battle animations seem ok.

Android Google Nexus 6
  • Crashes from time to time (more than iPad Mini 2). As long as one is willing to close out and try again every day at least once, it seems to run just fine.
---
bye
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 20:56:39 29/05/2016 by newkill
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#2 Posted: 04:56:45 26/05/2016
My Ipad Mini 2 has certainly crashed from time to time but have never had to reinstall or anything, works most of the time

Just started on Android Google Nexus 6 for my kid, it works, but early to tell. I like the ipad mini better I can tell.
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3666
#3 Posted: 05:55:18 26/05/2016
I have yet to run into any problems playing on my iPhone 5S and my iPad Air.

Very smooth and enjoyable on both devices. Two thumbs up for both.
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#4 Posted: 06:12:04 26/05/2016
Experience is generally consistent and buttery smooth on my iPad air 2. As for android, especially the old devices such as my Nexus 5, the textures and FPS will start to dip as my phone begins to get warm up and overheat. Granted its processor and GPU definitely feel outdated compared to this year's generation of phones so optimisation will probably stand as a challenge.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#5 Posted: 12:13:18 26/05/2016
I felt like asking about this but didn't have the courage to, thanks newkill!

One thing I noticed on LPs that al hang in the collection adding cutscene, some at a later point but all have a 1-2 sec lag spike.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Sprite Red Sparx Gems: 40
#6 Posted: 18:11:13 26/05/2016
I can't get to the Cards to Life menu on my iPad Mini 2. It hangs on the "LOADING..." screen and never proceeds. I've tried rebooting the iPad, re-installing the app, re-installing direct from iTunes, but the problem persists. Anyone else run into this?
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#7 Posted: 19:25:05 26/05/2016
iPad mini gen 1 (low quality textures, cant use AR showdown with cards as it will only let you scan 1 card at a time and you have to tell it the element before hand) and it crashes from time to time.

iPhone 6 (works great and have had no problems)
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Sprite Red Sparx Gems: 40
#8 Posted: 21:45:47 26/05/2016
I figured out what my problem was! For some reason notifications aren't working correctly, so I had to go to Settings, go to the settings for Battlecast, and manually activate the camera. I'm glad it was a simple problem with a simple fix.
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#9 Posted: 14:39:14 27/05/2016
Nice reviews and I agree on iPhone 6. One crash when I pushed it too hard. Seems to lag when entering a match with real people
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#10 Posted: 14:40:35 28/05/2016
Playing through the tutorial on the Nexus 4 at the moment and surprised how well it holds up. Graphically the character models and textures are poor, but the rest of the app is fine and the battle animations seem ok.

I can try some live-streaming at some point if anyone's interested in seeing it.

We also have an iPad 3 at home, which I'm going to test it out on at some point. Not expecting much different.

Graphics on an iPad 4 I borrowed were very average and the Air I'm using for a video are a big leap up on the 4.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:42:51 28/05/2016 by wideawakewesley
SkyProjects Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#11 Posted: 14:53:51 28/05/2016
I have Huawei Ascend G7, android 4.4.4 2GB RAM and google play says that my device is not compatible smilie So then I tried with other phones with android 5 or 6 and I get the same message... I donĀ“t know why but it seems that google play hates me xD Someone else have the same problem??
---
News, contest, gifts and more in :www.facebook.es/skylandersprojects
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#12 Posted: 15:03:06 28/05/2016
It could be the mobile country code, as many tutorials I checked trying to get the emulator working pointed out to me, but if only that was a single hoop I had to get through.

Bluestacks' model is SK Telecom Samsung SAMSUNG-SM-N900A and it's compatible if you have a decent graphics card,if anyone's wondering. I don't, so I had a horribly laggy experience with bad graphics and no voice acting. MEmu and other stuff have yet to run it so no updates there.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#13 Posted: 13:22:20 29/05/2016
Okay, have now seen my son play Google Nexus 6 Android a bit to comment on it. The game does run but it does have crashes more than say my ipad mini 2. As long as one is willing to close out and try again every day at least once, it seems to run just fine. Scanning works too.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14 Posted: 13:25:40 29/05/2016
One thing that's very important to note is that the AR feature on phones is VERY limited. The only thing you can do is scan cards and watch the little animation. I was trying forever to do the thing where you get two cards and they fight, but apparently that's a no-go on that.

Other than that, runs perfectly on my iPhone 6! There is a bit of lag from time to time, but that's only in online matches.
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#15 Posted: 20:35:55 29/05/2016
Is the Amazon Fire compatible with this game? I can't seem to get it to download.

ShaneG.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#16 Posted: 22:10:06 29/05/2016
iphone 6s is good for this.
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#17 Posted: 04:19:26 31/05/2016
Quote: Plaag
Is the Amazon Fire compatible with this game? I can't seem to get it to download.

ShaneG.

It's on the list of compatible devices.

I'm also wondering about the performance of the game on the Fire.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me