Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Favorite characters and cards so far
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#1 Posted: 19:45:38 25/05/2016 | Topic Creator
This list will change and expand as I get more cards but here are mine. What are yours?!

#1. Crusher
He captures the Skylander element of growing your character over time. Then if you reach level 3 you can use his hammer throw card for double his attack power. I hit a stormblade with it for 240 damage(!!!) and the win

#2. Snapshot
He doesn't care where you are. You cannot hide from his ability power. I like the trickshot too which not only hits the backline but doesn't neglect beating down on the front.

#3. Hot head
One of my favorites from the main game; if you hit him, he'll hit back HARD. Can't wait to see if there's a motorcycle mode card for him

Card mention: Showdown
If you haven't seen this yet just wait for it. I was about to finish off an AI player in VS mode and they pulled out this card for 10 energy. All of the sudden instead of 3v1 for me it was 1v1 and easy money for their Ninjini. I'll probably never use it because I like to play from a point of attack and plan on being ahead but if you're behind its a Total gamechanger.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:52:05 25/05/2016 by Toleroh
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#2 Posted: 19:54:35 25/05/2016
Snapshot is probably my go to Skylander in this game as I feel that his role is so flexible. He has self sustain with Hook Shot + Water healing spells, reasonable single target burst, incredible sideline damage with XL500 scope + Trick Shot + Ability Power and a high health pool with adequate starting damage.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#3 Posted: 21:22:47 25/05/2016
1. Stormblade
Probably because she has the most HP in the game so far and can hit multiple enemies with her spells.

2. Smash Hit
Good balance of power & health, though his spells are mostly for snuggling enemies but there are some that do a decent amount of damage.

3. Hex
I know, I know she has pretty low HP but her spells are devastating. They can wreck enemies and almost K.O a specific one, though the only problem is that you have to survive a whole enemy turn for them to work.

4. Spitfire
Good amount of health though he could have more damage. His spells mostly increase his damage and he also has some "payback" spells.

5. Stealth Elf
Health and power are pretty equal on her. Other than Spitfire, her spells are there to decrease the enemies' attack, but she's a great character for torturing one specific character.

These are my recent top five. I also have Roller Brawl but I don't have any spells for her so she's pretty much useless. Jet-Vac & Trigger Happy don't speak to me at all though.

Now onto my favorite cards:

1. Showdown
doesn't need an explanation.

2. Foreboding Curse (Hex)
It reduces the enemies' health to 10 after his turn... so he's basically dead.

3. Eon's Judge
This spell can turn the whole battle upside down.

4. Leeching Mist
Basically a weaker version of Eon's Judge.

5. Stomp
100 damage is a lot for an enemy to take in and it reminds me of Knight Mare. (add Light & Dark characters already!)
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#4 Posted: 22:11:02 25/05/2016
Well, my top skylanders are Snap Shot and Food Fight. Those guys have access to great elements and character specific cards and a good balance. Hot Head, Crusher, Jawbreaker, Spyro and Stormblade are pretty good. Whirlwind and Tree Rex have grown on me.

The only ones I really do not care for are Countdown and Eruptor.

Cards I like? Too many to count. I have posted before which few I do not like (Power Surge, Stink or Swim, Thorncaster come to mind). Hard to say which are my favorite. I mean Reflective Ray is awesome but is it so awesome to balance out the other ones for Flashwing which are just so so?

Hex and Roller Brawl have the best animation.

Leeching Mist just gives you health and lowers the opponents power whereas Eon's Judgement hurts then and heals you. Showdown I find overrated, sure it can help in some desperate times but if I could lose any card in the deck, it would be that one. Now, because it could be used occasionally as a benefit, its better than the ones I posted above, at least to me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:08 25/05/2016 by lamoracke
radtad7 Red Sparx Gems: 24
#5 Posted: 05:56:36 26/05/2016
So far this is what I have experienced but in need of a lot more cards. Nice hearing what cards everyone uses.

1. Snapshot / Smash Hit
They are very versatile. Great abilities that target the front and sideline enemies. All around good pick no matter what. For Snapshot "Kragens Beak" relic is really good for boosting hp and damage. For Smash Hit I really like "Fault Assault" to KO sideline enemies

2. Eruptor
Was not a fan with his really low hp. But has actually surprised me. If you start him off he can squeeze off 2 attacks =160 damage. Plus he has one of the most powerful relics if used at the right time, "Brimstone" deals 2x spell damage for all allies. Massive combos!

3. Trigger Happy
Decent stats but with the right cards he has been a game changer for me. Great when your deck has gears. His best card so far is "Do you feel lucky?" , has the possibility to deal 60- 120 damage to all enemies each for 5 crystals. That's a bargain.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#6 Posted: 14:40:41 26/05/2016
Brimstone can be used by any skylander though, as long as one of the 3 are fire, so I do not really count brimstone towards him specifically. I just look at his 5 cards.

Would agree though, do you feel lucky is one of the most powerful cards in the game.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#7 Posted: 19:31:10 26/05/2016
Treerex - has so much hp and can get more each turn

Flashwing - shield is supper helpful

Spyro- what can I say he's Spyro...
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#8 Posted: 14:37:45 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm also liking how Spyro is pretty buff in this game
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sprite Red Sparx Gems: 40
#9 Posted: 16:14:08 27/05/2016
While he's probably not the best character, Pop Fizz is quickly becoming my favorite. His randomness can be a reliability, but he makes up for it by giving you card advantage and essentially making your deck bigger. Drawing an extra spell can be pretty darn powerful, even if you don't have any control over which one you get.
xboxfanuk Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#10 Posted: 16:25:38 27/05/2016
Quote: lamoracke
Well, my top skylanders are Snap Shot and Food Fight.

Sounds like someone is a big fan of Trap team =)
---
Friend me on Xbox One - GT: Xboxfanuk

Would love to co-op Superchargers.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11 Posted: 18:44:38 27/05/2016
Food Fight, for some reason, seems to be pulling me through a lot of fights..

I've also found that a team of Spitfire, Stormblade, and Smash hit make a perfect RPS.

Smash Hit being the heavy hitter (Rock)
Stormblade's ludicrous amount of HP (Paper)
Spitfire's quick attacks and power increases (Scissors)

(Kinda dissapointed in Krypt King. Being one of my favorites i wanted him to be the badass sword-wielding mummy he is but 30 attack power is meh :/)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10245
#12 Posted: 18:49:24 27/05/2016
Krypt King seems to be there mostly because of his character cards rather than his own tanking/damage dealing. He probably does really well with Showdown and Soul Survivor sets though.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 18:53:42 27/05/2016
thanks for the tips! gotta get some more of his cards and build a deck!

i also like the level of randomness they gave triggs in this game. The artwork of him hammering a gun onto a rock is beautiful.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me